The Master League adventures thread

Could only manage one match tonight. . . .Sampdoria V Brescia. . . a cat and mouse chesslike game with one early goal deciding it.

A 1-0 narrow win for Sampdoria who are now in second place on goal difference but level on points with the top team. . . .playing well enough to go straight up to Serie A.

I found L2 particularly good for headers at corners . . .
This is all still anecdotal, but if L2 were true manual, and "regular manual" were not, you would expect to see a big difference in headers and shots from up close: unlikely to miss the goal even with manual direction because of the large allowed angle.

At longer ranges I would expect to see fewer wonder goals (shots to top corner etc.).

But that's enough of L2. Back to the stories.

Last edited:
1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - APRIL

With the season coming to it's climax and Bari on fantastic form, April 2017 would become the most important month in manager Robbie Ryan's career. The first game was at home to 4th place Benevento who were looking to do the double over the Puglia side, Stregoni started strongly taking the lead early on. But Bari and Luca Toni's form were too strong and ended up winning 3-1 with two goals from the big man and an opener from Ivan. If that game was tough on paper, i galetti then had to face Serie B leaders Carpi without the suspended influential midfielder Basha. The game was end to end stuff for 70 minutes before fizzling out into what was destined to be a second goalless result between the sides until the 88th minute when Ivan scrambled one across the line to take the lead. Basha's 18 year old understudy Yebli scored his first ever senior goal to rub salt into the wounds with an astounding volley to complete the 2-0 victory.

The side had a ten day breather before going to face eternal strugglers Citadella, a side that got one over Bari in the first half of the season recording a rare win. There was no way Ryan would allow another defeat to the team at the foot of the table and the players showed perseverance pulling a goal back twice after going behind to goals from the impressive Bari transfer target Milan Skoda. A 2-2 draw was disappointing but Ryan will be happy the side didn't succumb to two defeats from the bottom side.

The final game of the month was the battle between 8th and 9th place, two teams desperate for that final play-off spot with Bari away at Latina. There was a boost before the game with the news that Scott Golbourne and Antonino Ragusa were set to sign on permanent deals once their loans ended, the latter however was injured for the vital game along with Ivan who had scored in the last three matches. Unfortunately it was a result that Bari fans would show their disgust with after the game, i galletti losing 6-0, completely crumbling under the pressure of the occasion. The manager was speechless after the game as were the players. With only 4 games to go in the season, had they really blown it? Robbie Ryan knows that if he doesn't make the play-offs he will surely have to quit or face an undignified dismissal. May will be exciting and nervewracking for Bari fans.

Player Of The Month: David Ivan - Three goals from midfield in the month scoring in consecutive games, missed the humiliating defeat at Latina

Goal Of The Month: Curtis Yebli vs Carpi - Stunning Chest and volley to pour salt into the wounds of the league leaders

Results:

Bari 3-1 Benevento - Goals: Ivan, Toni (2). MoM: Toni

Bari 2-0 Carpi - Goals: Ivan, Yebli. MoM: Ivan

Citadella 2-2 Bari - Goals: Ivan, Toni. MoM: Ivan

Latina 6-0 Bari

bfZeP3t.png

Last edited:
Off the record.... I can't begin to describe the 6-0 loss, it was emotionally draining.

I think people may read my post and see how important the game was in the scheme of the season and then cry scripting, but playing it i didn't feel like that at all. I think it was down to me becoming overconfident with my hug the touchline and targetman instructions, i've been getting so many good results with them i forget to go back to basics or tweak tactics against different sides.

Throughout this season i've struggled against the teams that play a flat 5 across the midfield, Latina are one of them and I didn't change my tactics at all, everything I changed through the game made things worse (I guess they lowered my team spirit as the instructions became more unfamiliar to my players)

Anyway, it really is tough now, i promised myself if i couldn't get Bari promoted i'd take a different job at the end of the season but i've started to feel an affinity to my players. only 4 games to go to find out my future... 3rd to 9th is very tight

Going to start a ML with Inter. Played a few exhibition matches and the atmosphere, kits etc are far better in Serie A. The generic Premier League crowd chants and awful stadiums make the ML a slog so thought I would try and tackle Italy.

Will post some goals IF I manage to score because this is difficult in Superstar as you all know!

@robbieryan

Great stories, much appreciated. Keep them coming!

The "al dente" expression you used in one of your older stories still makes me smile. :)

Where the heck do you get those Italian nicknames (properly typeset in italics)?

@robbieryan

Great stories, much appreciated. Keep them coming!

The "al dente" expression you used in one of your older stories still makes me smile. :)

Where the heck do you get those Italian nicknames (properly typeset in italics)?

thanks mate.

I have to admit I was full of childish glee when Kevin Lasagna's name popped up on my screen, I had little option but to go for the pun.

The italic nicknames are all on the wikipedia page for the teams, I have no idea if i am using them correctly but it helps me not repeat words so often in my sentences!

I started a ML with Spurs instead. Will also have a Serie A save as well in the future though.

Won 1-0 away at Liverpool in my second fixture, felt so good. 4-3-3 is definitely my system of choice in PES 2017. LOVE me those wingers.

After a shock 2-1 defeat to Virtus and with three players out injured including two star players . .Castledine and Rossi out for 12 weeks and 10 weeks. . can Sampdoria recover for the next match v Spezia?

Sorry Geeeee .. I don't know how to do those spoiler thingy's.

Another look at that volley. . not often that I score a goal like that . . it worked out exactly as I planned . .if the pass hits the runner I had every intention of trying a volley.

My goal of the month? You betcha.

After a shock 2-1 defeat to Virtus and with three players out injured including two star players . .Castledine and Rossi out for 12 weeks and 10 weeks. . can Sampdoria recover for the next match v Spezia?

Another look at that volley. . not often that I score a goal like that . . it worked out exactly as I planned . .if the pass hits the runner I had every intention of trying a volley.

Nice!

Excellent stuff Deco! Fantastic goal!

Regarding 'Spoilers' on the page that you are typing there is a tool bar and along there you will see this + press that and then select spoiler. Give it a title and then put your text in between the spoiler section. It took me a while to work it out myself.

Two games for you guys.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

Last edited:
Regarding 'Spoilers' on the page that you are typing there is a tool bar and along there you will see this + press that and then select spoiler. Give it a title and then put your text in between the spoiler section.

The underlying system here is bbcode, so you can also embed your hidden contents inside spoiler tags:

Code:
[spoiler]
This will be hidden initially.
[/spoiler]

@geeeeee

Match against QPR: superbly edited thriller!

@Deco

Wrong difficulty level? :WORSHIP:

I'm on Top Player manual 20 mins default team James. . . my aim is to get promoted to Serie A and go from there. I think this match was a one off .. I've learned from experience to search for cheap players who fit into the team and will carry out instructions well .. and now I have a decent squad.

Last edited:
I know. Sounds like SS time. :)

What's the team spirit?

I'm with Deco, I'm still on Prof and will not move up until I am doing well in a higher league.

I really don't know how you guys are so good playing on a higher level. I really struggle on Prof. Maybe it's the way I play, I dont use Gengen press (whatever it's called) because the CPU are easy to dispossess. I know that some use that tactic. Also I only get to play about two games every two or three days as I am so busy in my life.

Excellent stuff Deco! Fantastic goal!

Regarding 'Spoilers' on the page that you are typing there is a tool bar and along there you will see this + press that and then select spoiler. Give it a title and then put your text in between the spoiler section. It took me a while to work it out myself.

Two games for you guys.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

Great vids Geeee. . nice equaliser v QPR I had a feeling there was a comeback in that match and nice header from the freekick. .. you're a dab hand at the editing now Geeee . .thought I was looking at match of the day or the Championship version. . .Thanks for the advice about spoilers buddy I might try it out.

I'm with Deco, I'm still on Prof and will not move up until I am doing well in a higher league.

I really don't know how you guys are so good playing on a higher level. I really struggle on Prof. Maybe it's the way I play, I dont use Gengen press (whatever it's called) because the CPU are easy to dispossess. I know that some use that tactic. Also I only get to play about two games every two or three days as I am so busy in my life.

It's like anything Geeee. .. you get used to it .. .I don't use any advanced tactics at the moment at all . .just att/def levels . .I haven't had any success yet and want to win something before I go up to SS.

Great vids Geeee. . nice equaliser v QPR I had a feeling there was a comeback in that match and nice header from the freekick. .. you're a dab hand at the editing now Geeee . .thought I was looking at match of the day or the Championship version. . .Thanks for the advice about spoilers buddy I might try it out.

Thanks, at one point i was sitting there thinking what a sad little hobby. It's straight forward with youtube because they simplify it. I wouldnt have a clue otherwise.

The match itself i was ready to quit but because i was playing pants. QPR sat back after their third goal and we got more into the game.

The header in the other match was our new CB, i put him up for set pieces and it worked a treat.

It's like anything Geeee. .. you get used to it .. .I don't use any advanced tactics at the moment at all . .just att/def levels . .I haven't had any success yet and want to win something before I go up to SS.

I totally agree its good to win something at first before moving up a level otherwise it defeats the purpose of the game.

I really don't know how you guys are so good playing on a higher level.
Don't count me in this elite group: three last matches without a goal. Defensively we are doing ok, but offense is lacking badly.

On the other hand, our team spirit is still a bit under 60. Before restarting, our TS was in the 80s, and then it was sometimes feasible to dominate against top player.

To be honest, I absolutely hate team spirit.

Maybe it's the way I play, I dont use Gengen press (whatever it's called) because the CPU are easy to dispossess.

Me neither. There is a bug in CPU buildup in their own third. Also, I don't use x to pressure automatically.

It's just important to find settings that keep you entertained for a season.

Last edited:

What the hell was that all about? Revenge from the A.I. . .I win the last match 5-1 and it responds by beating me 5-2. .. .Verona's players were way more responsive at turning and passing . .I hadn't a hope in this match .. tried out about 10 different formations . .didn't make an ounce of difference. Sorry for the length of the video . . down to the amount of goals.

I hope geeee is happy with my spoiler attempt.

What the hell was that all about? Revenge from the A.I. . .I win the last match 5-1 and it responds by beating me 5-2. .. .Verona's players were way more responsive at turning and passing . .I hadn't a hope in this match .. tried out about 10 different formations . .didn't make an ounce of difference. Sorry for the length of the video . . down to the amount of goals.

Well done Deco i enjoyed it up until the point they made it 4-1, when you made it 3-1 and hit the post I thought you was going to come back. Just looking at the highlights it reminded me of the game i had against Wigan where i could not do anything even though i played it 4 times.

The goals that are beginning to annoy me are the ones where the CPU picks it up on the touchline in the penalty area and then cuts inside 3 or 4 players and puts it in the corner. Really frustrating. I'm wondering if playing with CPU auto sliding may help or will that result in more penalties for the CPU? I will give it a go.

I stopped playing with Manual cursor change because it was making my finger hurt. It may cause me arthritis in the future lol. I think it is great when attacking but when defending it can cause problems.

Will try and get 2 games in today.

It's good with the spoilers because i didnt have a clue what the score would be. Made it more exciting.

Well done Deco i enjoyed it up until the point they made it 4-1, when you made it 3-1 and hit the post I thought you was going to come back. Just looking at the highlights it reminded me of the game i had against Wigan where i could not do anything even though i played it 4 times.

The goals that are beginning to annoy me are the ones where the CPU picks it up on the touchline in the penalty area and then cuts inside 3 or 4 players and puts it in the corner. Really frustrating. I'm wondering if playing with CPU auto sliding may help or will that result in more penalties for the CPU? I will give it a go.

I stopped playing with Manual cursor change because it was making my finger hurt. It may cause me arthritis in the future lol. I think it is great when attacking but when defending it can cause problems.

Will try and get 2 games in today.

It's good with the spoilers because i didnt have a clue what the score would be. Made it more exciting.

Aw I'm glad I excited you geeee.. . lol . .hope you stayed for my second goal .. ..those cut in goals are shite . .they were in Pes 2016 a lot .. .if blondie had have put the ball in the net instead of off the post the momentum could have went my way. . . .That's funny about your finger ha ha.. . difficult to press that all through the game .. . thanks again for teaching me how to do the spoilers Geeee . . .. .looking forward to your next video.

Excellent video, thanks! And a prime example of momentum at work. Jezus.

Still, superb goals by you, devastating shots. And that attack you had ar 3-1: :TU:

Excellent video, thanks! And a prime example of momentum at work. Jezus.

Still, superb goals by you, devastating shots. And that attack you had ar 3-1: :TU:

Thanks James .. . I could feel the momentum switching when I scored .. .and after the miss it went back to them .. .and swung back etc.

Back
Top Bottom