The Master League adventures thread

Im confused aswell and havent even tried it yet :P

I think the best way to test is to use L2 for about 10 games and see if there is scripting.

Im confused aswell and havent even tried it yet :P

I think the best way to test is to use L2 for about 10 games and see if there is scripting.

Geeee I was trying the shooting in training this morning with L2 and it really felt like Pa1 . . I could be way off the mark and James could be right .. .try it in training if you get a chance.

Geeee I was trying the shooting in training this morning with L2 and it really felt like Pa1 . . I could be way off the mark and James could be right .. .try it in training if you get a chance.

Right guys, i went into training mode to try out the L2 theory. Being completely honest i got sidetracked.

Let me explain...

One of the things that completely and utterly annoys me in this game is the player switching. While i was training i tried the unassisted cursor changing thingy. Which means you have to press L1 every time you want to change your player. I started messing around with it, which explains why i got sidetracked messing around with L1 and L2 would be difficult.

Anyway i played a ML game just to try it, not offficial game so result would not matter. The game play improved for me drastically. A few reasons...

1) When a your controlled player gets knocked to the ground normally the control changes to somebody else even if it is better for you to control the same player. This time it stays with your player until you press L1. There was one moment when my striker was bundled over in the box but i kept control of him. He got up and won the ball back and got a shot in which went wide but it felt more realistic. This also happened when i was defending, instead of control going to another player i managed to get another block in. It is also good for midfield battles. Normally you lose the ball and that's it another player is controlled but now you can try to fight for it back. Excellent stuff.

2) Also, normally when you try to do a longer pass to someone on the wing, if it goes close to one of your other players he would get control, run back to get the pass and the move breaks down. Now i noticed that the ball will travel to the furthest player providing you dont press L1 too quickly.

There are a few things to watch out for like when passing it back to the GK you have to press L1 when he has the ball not before otherwise control goes to a defender. Also at kick off you have to remember to press it.

Strange thing is that i also won a penalty in this game and guess what?..... I missed it. :P

Please try this as well. Takes a while to get used to pressing L1 all the time but the changing seems more accurate because you press it when it is near the player you want to pass to.

Normally i play Semi assisted switching but this was unassisted. :)

Did you switch target indicator on? That allows you to see where you are targeting and where your pass / shot goes.

Edit. I don't know how someone could consider L2 to be more assisted, because with the target indicator you can see that the pass / shot goes exactly where you are targeting, not towards any predefined goodie point (like pass receiver or goal corner). However, I can understand why someone could feel that L2 is less random since it is likely to remove variations introduced by stats (and, ahem, possible scripting).

Last edited:
Did you switch target indicator on? That allows you to see where you are targeting and where your pass / shot goes.

Edit. I don't know how someone could consider L2 to be more assisted, because with the target indicator you can see that the pass / shot goes exactly where you are targeting, not towards any predefined goodie point (like pass receiver or goal corner). However, I can understand why someone could feel that L2 is less random since it is likely to remove variations introduced by stats.[/QUO

You're probably right .. .I can't compare ordinary manual because the directional guide only comes on when you press L2 which means you're using L2 then . . ...hope it improves your game for you.

Right guys, i went into training mode to try out the L2 theory. Being completely honest i got sidetracked.

Let me explain...

One of the things that completely and utterly annoys me in this game is the player switching. While i was training i tried the unassisted cursor changing thingy. Which means you have to press L1 every time you want to change your player. I started messing around with it, which explains why i got sidetracked messing around with L1 and L2 would be difficult.

Anyway i played a ML game just to try it, not offficial game so result would not matter. The game play improved for me drastically. A few reasons...

1) When a your controlled player gets knocked to the ground normally the control changes to somebody else even if it is better for you to control the same player. This time it stays with your player until you press L1. There was one moment when my striker was bundled over in the box but i kept control of him. He got up and won the ball back and got a shot in which went wide but it felt more realistic. This also happened when i was defending, instead of control going to another player i managed to get another block in. It is also good for midfield battles. Normally you lose the ball and that's it another player is controlled but now you can try to fight for it back. Excellent stuff.

2) Also, normally when you try to do a longer pass to someone on the wing, if it goes close to one of your other players he would get control, run back to get the pass and the move breaks down. Now i noticed that the ball will travel to the furthest player providing you dont press L1 too quickly.

There are a few things to watch out for like when passing it back to the GK you have to press L1 when he has the ball not before otherwise control goes to a defender. Also at kick off you have to remember to press it.

Strange thing is that i also won a penalty in this game and guess what?..... I missed it. :P

Please try this as well. Takes a while to get used to pressing L1 all the time but the changing seems more accurate because you press it when it is near the player you want to pass to.

Normally i play Semi assisted switching but this was unassisted. :)

Geee I couldn't press L1 everytime I pass . . .sure you can try override by pressing L1 during the game anyway except for the fighting back for the ball situation. . .. L1 L2 .. it's complicating the game .. .I'll use it the way I normally use it .. . thanks guys for the research.

Geee I couldn't press L1 everytime I pass . . .sure you can try override by pressing L1 during the game anyway except for the fighting back for the ball situation. . .. L1 L2 .. it's complicating the game .. .I'll use it the way I normally use it .. . thanks guys for the research.

Being honest with you Deco when i play semi assisted i seem to be pressing L1 most of the time anyway because the CPU gives me control over the wrong player most of the time.

It goes from him to him to him oh too late. I pass the ball along the wing and my CF becomes active and runs out wide. With non assisted it picks out the correct player for some reason, maybe because you determine when to change players as it does not happen as soon as the ball has left your feet.

For me it works. Hopefully i will post some videos up soon. Strange thing too in that one game i played, my passing was 10% higher. Only one game i suppose.

James have you tried it?

Where are you Rocko?

Being honest with you Deco when i play semi assisted i seem to be pressing L1 most of the time anyway because the CPU gives me control over the wrong player most of the time.

It goes from him to him to him oh too late. I pass the ball along the wing and my CF becomes active and runs out wide. With non assisted it picks out the correct player for some reason, maybe because you determine when to change players as it does not happen as soon as the ball has left your feet.

For me it works. Hopefully i will post some videos up soon. Strange thing too in that one game i played, my passing was 10% higher. Only one game i suppose.

James have you tried it?

Where are you Rocko?

You could be right Geeeee . . I'll give it another go later bud .. . where's rock hiding?

James have you tried it?
Just did. I understand the lure: it does give you additional control. However, combined with constant pressing of L2 it's just too much for me to handle. L2+pass+L1 all the time.

I am getting very intense matches with L2 play. Just don't have enough time to play this week. The frustration!

You could be right Geeeee . . I'll give it another go later bud .. . where's rock hiding?

Maybe he has given it a little break. I know he was having ups and downs with it.

Sorry Deco, going back to the L1 button. I think it depends how you play. I like spreading long balls about so i get more time to change players. Maybe if it is tika taka it would be too difficult. But it is also strange how i got a penalty it may have been because i changed players at the right time.

Just did. I understand the lure: it does give you additional control. However, combined with constant pressing of L2 it's just too much for me to handle. L2+pass+L1 all the time.

I am getting very intense matches with L2 play. Just don't have enough time to play this week. The frustration!

Yeh it would have to be one or the other. I'm going to go with L1 because the cursor change is my biggest gripe.

Great start to the campaign for Sampdoria in season 3. . . . .3 wins out of 3 . . with new signing Orlando Berrio who cost 11 million coming to the rescue with a brace after falling behind in the second match against Ternana .. . it ended 3-1 to Sampdoria.

Classic goal poaching from Rossi . . 2 from a hat-trick again coming from behind against Vicenza to win 2-4.

Also beat Vercelli 3-0 in the first match . . .looking good so far. . made a couple of good signings as well as CF Berrio .. . .CB Diego Gonzalez and an AMF called Gabriel Xavier .. . .strong squad now. . no excuses.

Great start to the campaign for Sampdoria in season 3. . . . .3 wins out of 3 . . with new signing Orlando Berrio who cost 11 million coming to the rescue with a brace after falling behind in the second match against Ternana .. . it ended 3-1 to Sampdoria.

Classic goal poaching from Rossi . . 2 from a hat-trick again coming from behind against Vicenza to win 2-4.

Also beat Vercelli 3-0 in the first match . . .looking good so far. . made a couple of good signings as well as CF Berrio .. . .CB Diego Gonzalez and an AMF called Gabriel Xavier .. . .strong squad now. . no excuses.

Nice goals there Deco. I loved the little dink effort.

It's funny because i read that there is no atmosphere because of lack of stadiums but I love the atmosphere in those games you posted plus in the premier league its good too. Just need to use a bit of imagination. Ive noticed the main thread has gone all negative again. I was going to post in there but much prefer to have constructive critism in this thread ;)

Anyways....a clip from last week. Really boring for the first 20 mins but then burst into life. Fantastic stuff.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL
SEMI ASSISTED CURSOR CHANGE (at the moment :P)

Nice goals there Deco. I loved the little dink effort.

It's funny because i read that there is no atmosphere because of lack of stadiums but I love the atmosphere in those games you posted plus in the premier league its good too. Just need to use a bit of imagination. Ive noticed the main thread has gone all negative again. I was going to post in there but much prefer to have constructive critism in this thread ;)

Anyways....a clip from last week. Really boring for the first 20 mins but then burst into life. Fantastic stuff.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL
SEMI ASSISTED CURSOR CHANGE (at the moment :P)

Great vid Geeeee . .. thought you missed that chance at the end. . your keeper pulled off a great save just before that .. . . great win. . .. .the negativity on the main thread is from guys who usually play Fifa and miss the razzamatazz and are bored with pes . ...how you doing in the League buddy?

Great vid Geeeee . .. thought you missed that chance at the end. . your keeper pulled off a great save just before that .. . . great win. . .. .the negativity on the main thread is from guys who usually play Fifa and miss the razzamatazz and are bored with pes . ...how you doing in the League buddy?
It's funny cos Huddersfield are bottom with no goals scored. Once they equalised my keeper kept us in it and i'm thinking 'scripted win' but then i just put that hopeful ball in and that scramble was fantastic. The CPU is thinking 'scripted win' heh heh. Were fifth after that game and unbeaten. But i have yet to post up the video v Wigan which i moaned about last week because i played it four times and each time Bradshaw forgot where the goal is.

Playing catch up with the vids.

How about yourself where are you in the league?

It's funny cos Huddersfield are bottom with no goals scored. Once they equalised my keeper kept us in it and i'm thinking 'scripted win' but then i just put that hopeful ball in and that scramble was fantastic. The CPU is thinking 'scripted win' heh heh. Were fifth after that game and unbeaten. But i have yet to post up the video v Wigan which i moaned about last week because i played it four times and each time Bradshaw forgot where the goal is.

Playing catch up with the vids.

How about yourself where are you in the league?

Well as you can see I got knocked out of the playoffs in my second season. . .so I sold a few guys who just don't fit in even though they had great stats. . . .bought 3 decent players and got off to a flyer with 3 wins in 3 games .. . .so I'm top at the moment but I'm still loving this game . . .as you noticed there was a great atmosphere at those matches . .could be the fact that I came from behind to win. .. it was only a while ago Geee that you didn't play manual and now look at your progress. . .keep posting vids buddy.

@geeeeee

Remember when I talked about last ditch saves in your matches? Great winner there against Huddersfield.

Thanks James, yeh it was just a hopeful ball flung into the box. The keeper look gutted because that would have been Huddersfield's first point of the season. It was hard to see how it was an own goal I'm sure my player got a toe to it.

This is what I love about the game it throws up so many scrambles in the box something that I have not seen since PES5.

This has to be a penalty . .but the ref chose to ignore it.. . .unless a kick in the back to prevent somebody scoring is ok.

Kept 'missing' chances like this and lost the match.

Frustrating to lose like this but that's the way it goes. .. . maybe if I had remembered to use L2 as James does it might not have happened.

Latina 1 Sampdoria 0 .. . First defeat in 6 matches.

This has to be a penalty . .but the ref chose to ignore it.. . .unless a kick in the back to prevent somebody scoring is ok.

Kept 'missing' chances like this and lost the match.

Frustrating to lose like this but that's the way it goes. .. . maybe if I had remembered to use L2 as James does it might not have happened.

Latina 1 Sampdoria 0 .. . First defeat in 6 matches.
Pen for sure,I even put together a compilation of shitty referring in my last stage of season three.
Horrible

ROCKKKKK! Welcome back buddy . .. . how you doing in your ML?
Aah,cheers Dec.
Been messing around with different lineups for my 4th season,restarting a few times.
Decided to give it a go a few days ago.
It's tough,not a horrible team,but not a very sharp one either.
Empoli 1-4 Milan
Udinese 1-1 Milan
Milan 2-2 Atalanta
Siena 2-2 Milan
Milan 0-2 Juventus

As you can see,horrible start,worst ever,I think the "everyone is equally shit" level that is proffesional is luvly/horrible to play.
Went back to TP,but feels less lose,more on rails,but proffesional makes your great players ordinary.
Acctually like it,and it's a challenge,think I'll have it easier on TP.
Blatant cheating by the CPU is a bit hard to swallow sometimes,the fast striker who gets caught by the slow CB,or the change of direction hen chasing the ball etc.
But it's ok.
The good/strange thing with proffesional,if you don't go for it 100% and kill off the game because you feel comfy with the level,they make you pay,should have played more ruthlessly and killed some games.

Been kinda bored with the game,it'll return.
You doing alright?

Aah,cheers Dec.
Been messing around with different lineups for my 4th season,restarting a few times.
Decided to give it a go a few days ago.
It's tough,not a horrible team,but not a very sharp one either.
Empoli 1-4 Milan
Udinese 1-1 Milan
Milan 2-2 Atalanta
Siena 2-2 Milan
Milan 0-2 Juventus

As you can see,horrible start,worst ever,I think the "everyone is equally shit" level that is proffesional is luvly/horrible to play.
Went back to TP,but feels less lose,more on rails,but proffesional makes your great players ordinary.
Acctually like it,and it's a challenge,think I'll have it easier on TP.
Blatant cheating by the CPU is a bit hard to swallow sometimes,the fast striker who gets caught by the slow CB,or the change of direction hen chasing the ball etc.
But it's ok.
The good/strange thing with proffesional,if you don't go for it 100% and kill off the game because you feel comfy with the level,they make you pay,should have played more ruthlessly and killed some games.

Been kinda bored with the game,it'll return.
You doing alright?

I'm in my third season and won the first four matches. . drew the next one and lost the sixth one and got a karate kick in the back for my troubles. .. my team are looking very strong and I have a good squad . . so I can expect a lot of cheating from the A.I lol. . . .still love this game and I just take the rough with the smooth . .. good to hear that you're still playing it.

I finally found the sweet spot for my fourth season,did a few restarts on it.
Been pending between proffesional and top player,still believe that the first is the best,plays the best by far,but having to good players ruins it,hence the restarts.

Five league games in w-d-d-d-l and stuck in 10th position
That's my worst start ever,but it feels like a challenge,gameplay is still great,a few bugs,bit of a cheaty bastard that CPU,but it's all good.

My CL run has been solid though, won vs Atletico M with 1-0 and vs As Monaco 2-1.
Since I pretty much gave away my good/great players (fictional financial disaster) to make the game fun and challenging again,I've been picking up ok players for hardly any money.
Last signing was Dutch big man Bas Dost,after my transfers were made,I have about €5 m left for next window.
A big challenge this.
Next game the Derby vs Internazionale

I'm in my third season and won the first four matches. . drew the next one and lost the sixth one and got a karate kick in the back for my troubles. .. my team are looking very strong and I have a good squad . . so I can expect a lot of cheating from the A.I lol. . . .still love this game and I just take the rough with the smooth . .. good to hear that you're still playing it.
Thanx.
Of Course I am,love it,need a break from it sometimes though.
Yeah,expect no freekicks when you have a solid 85 ovr team.
Got kicked in the neck once,no pen of course;)

Thanx.
Of Course I am,love it,need a break from it sometimes though.
Yeah,expect no freekicks when you have a solid 85 ovr team.
Got kicked in the neck once,no pen of course;)

Lol . .. .is that true Rock about the no fouls when around 85? . .I only had one match since playing the game where I got zilch .. .I usually get a heap of them. They should really patch a fix for peno inclusion.

Olimpo redux, season 1

Settings: top player, full manual (L2), 20 minutes, speed 0

Highlight reels (stats at the end)

Simply excellent matches. Wouldn't have minded winning one, but just wasn't in the cards.

Somehow screwed up saving CPU goal in the first match.

Derby days
Inter vs Milan #6
I got played here,proper played,they played like a world class team,only created a few chances,and inter scored 1-0 in the 88th minute.
My fast strikers,one being 93 acc,we're talking Usain Bolt speed here,were never ever beating any of his defence men.
Game felt like it was played in mud,while they played a futsal game.
Had one very good chance,a through ball,and my striker was off for goal,but...he suddenly strayed a meter to the left before getting to the ball,and the defender could catch him
Horrible cheating in this game.
Managed to get that twat Icardi injured,probably my best move
Next game Avellino in the cup,on Top player

Last edited:
Lol . .. .is that true Rock about the no fouls when around 85? . .I only had one match since playing the game where I got zilch .. .I usually get a heap of them. They should really patch a fix for peno inclusion.
The peno situation is a joke,complete fuck up.
My last 10 games or so last season,no freekicks,think it's due to you being very good and with good players.
But then again,just played Inter,and tried to keep it clean,not many tackles by me,still 13-4 in freekicks.
Fucking unbelievable

@Rock, welcome back! Sorry you are up and down with the game. I haven't reached the stage of no free kicks yet so i'm still enjoying. Although the scripting can be annoying when it happens.

@Deco, no way was that a penalty, only kick to the throats i'm afraid. Have you thought about doing highlights with a spoiler for the score? Similar to what James and myself do, makes the action even more exciting when we don't know what the score is.

@james, loved those games. Especially the second one. That scramble in the penalty area had me in stitches. :LOL: Tough not to win one of those games.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

Sitting 9th at the moment, long way to go.
CxZDQQNWIAADaVV.jpg:large

T. Bradshaw and S. Morsey in the Team of the Month for September
CxZDc2NWQAAnTew.jpg:large

T. Bradshaw 2nd in Goal Ranking
CxZDf4TXEAA1MFn.jpg:large

But...
CxZDi7AWgAAgLb2.jpg:large

Out for 10 weeks :(

I loved this goal from Bradshaw. The way he ran into position and then span to head the ball back across goal. The goal came at such a crucial time when it was 1-1 against the leaders Derby County.

@Rock, welcome back! Sorry you are up and down with the game. I haven't reached the stage of no free kicks yet so i'm still enjoying. Although the scripting can be annoying when it happens.

@Deco, no way was that a penalty, only kick to the throats i'm afraid. Have you thought about doing highlights with a spoiler for the score? Similar to what James and myself do, makes the action even more exciting when we don't know what the score is.

@james, loved those games. Especially the second one. That scramble in the penalty area had me in stitches. :LOL: Tough not to win one of those games.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

Sitting 9th at the moment, long way to go.
CxZDQQNWIAADaVV.jpg:large

T. Bradshaw and S. Morsey in the Team of the Month for September
CxZDc2NWQAAnTew.jpg:large

T. Bradshaw 2nd in Goal Ranking
CxZDf4TXEAA1MFn.jpg:large

But...
CxZDi7AWgAAgLb2.jpg:large

Out for 10 weeks :(

I loved this goal from Bradshaw. The way he ran into position and then span to head the ball back across goal. The goal came at such a crucial time when it was 1-1 against the leaders Derby County.

Yeh Geeee I've thought about doing that . . but I'm too lazy to do it. Speaking of fouls . . played Genoa in the Tim cup and they fouled me 9 times and got 6 yellow cards . ..dirtbags.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom