The Master League adventures thread

But rock my TS is 51. Its so annoying, i beat Derby who are top and then its like my players are running in treacle. Its a shame it affects every player. Why not just have a couple of players not the whole bunch like they have food poisoning or something.

The other silly thing is that in one of the games when i was 2-0 down and they got their right back sent off. They didnt make any changes, they just left the right side exposed for the rest of the match. If that was PES5 the CPU would have on a sub. That's worrying. They still scored 2 more though.
I know mate,the game is playing the game inside the game.
And it's annoying as fuck,wish I had answers,it's just being a cunty game sometimes.
I try to take the good,which is at least 90-95% with the shit that is the remaining 5-10%
My boys are sluggish as hell to,I think it's a combination of TS/bad players and acctually the level,proffesional.
Remember playing my first attempts in ML on proffesional,and it was so sluggish,same players performed better on TP.

I finished my last season with 3 games on Proffesional,and that was spectacular,so responsive,but then I had 80-90 ovr players with a TS of 85.
So a combo that's my guess.
I'll stick to proffesional even though it's sluggish,the joy is bigger than the grief.
Got Spurs in my CL group,pray for me mate:)

Just watching the highlights of England v Scotland, and Gordon Strachan looked like me after my script feast game. At one point it was all Scotland then England one shot one goal, then it was all Scotland again then England another shot and another goal. Gordon, join the club fella :P

Udinese Calcio vs AC Milan #2

A grey day game in Udine,settings were perfect,love those games.
Hard hard hard,I guess 90 % of the game were played in mf with battles and tackles constantly.
I got ahead in the 37th minute,a corner from Bonaventura and my recent signing Redmond headed it in,a touch on their Df.
1-0
Second half and I didn't get the real 100% chances at all,the played tough and kept me out.
A bit of a hassle in my midfield lead to Udinese being able to cross it.
Zapata chested it outside the box and the ball bounced of one of my players legs onto their striker who placed it bottom corner.
1-1

I had played the game on mid offense level,and one click below.
Now I started to play more offensive,got a few shots on goal.
Corner in the 83rd minute and Bonaventura found Kucka who headed it in for 2-1,think that header bounced of two def before making it in.
2-1
Last minute when they went forward I hoofed up a ball to my striker,who held on to it,Bonaventura took a long run up,I chipped it over the lone defender,Bonaventura had all problems to get the ball settled and took a shot crossbar and out.
Game ended 2-1.

This game is so hard and sluggish right now,like senior citizens playing it,but I fucking love it.
Every game is a battle,so different from last season.
My trusty loyal Milan players are the backbone in this team
Donnarumma/Antonelli/De Sciglio /Abate/Kucka/Bertolacci/Niang.
They been with me for 3 seasons,last season bench players,this season the core and backbone.
Haven't been able to sell them before,and they'll be with me til retirement I guess.

One player that has impressed me is Redmond,feels a bit like Sane,I never buy English/British players,simply because they always bomb in Italy,exception being the great Gazza of course.
Love this season

Just watching the highlights of England v Scotland, and Gordon Strachan looked like me after my script feast game. At one point it was all Scotland then England one shot one goal, then it was all Scotland again then England another shot and another goal. Gordon, join the club fella :P
Same here mate,saw France vs Sweden,we scored 1-0 in the 55th,by the 62nd France was ahead 2-1.
Strange fucking game that we could have won,strong effort though,having almost a new squad

Love those grey day matches as well Rock they're usually good games. . . . .I think reading the no fouls comments has jinxed me . .either that or I got a biased ref in the last match . . .for the first time I got no fouls . .blatant fouls on my players were ignored and yet I got booked twice .. .ref was as corrupt as an Irish politician. . .it ended 1-1 against Perugia

Love those grey day matches as well Rock they're usually good games. . . . .I think reading the no fouls comments has jinxed me . .either that or I got a biased ref in the last match . . .for the first time I got no fouls . .blatant fouls on my players were ignored and yet I got booked twice .. .ref was as corrupt as an Irish politician. . .it ended 1-1 against Perugia
Game ok otherwise? Been on a winning streak?
Or just a random shit ref.
How's your ovr rating(attack-midfield-defence)?
If it continues,try a game on Proffesional,then switch back again,usually do the trick.
I'm getting plenty,I have at least one good freekick opportunity a game.
Yeah,love those grey day games,reminds me of winter were I live,never any snow(rarely) grey as hell

played first season with chelsea, won EPL from arsenal, lost fa cup and europa league final vs madrid, a cheat of a game, 2 chances two goals for madrid, i felt i was robbed i did so much to earn the win after being 1-0 down at half time, went back to 1-1 through costa header from the close post, then i had took control of the game and chances after chances and their keeper became superman saving all shots, until 1 move from them a low cross to bale on the far corner, and he poked it home, such a shame when this game wants u to lose and u cant do anything about it.

Game ok otherwise? Been on a winning streak?
Or just a random shit ref.
How's your ovr rating(attack-midfield-defence)?
If it continues,try a game on Proffesional,then switch back again,usually do the trick.
I'm getting plenty,I have at least one good freekick opportunity a game.
Yeah,love those grey day games,reminds me of winter were I live,never any snow(rarely) grey as hell

Im doing ok Rock . .on the periphery of the playoff places, my rating is 64-66-66 . . played a match this morning and got worried . .no fouls in the first half .. . but second half there was plenty so hopefully the other match was just a bogey ref. . .which is fine by me .. . .played Novara this morning and fell behind 1-3 but started to claw my way back with a change of tactics and a couple of subs. . . ..scored the equaliser near the end . .I love the way Esiti my Dmf performs a lovely trap and cool finish . . .unfortunately haven't got the replay just the actual footage .. .i know it's not a spectacular fancy goal but these goals are special in the context of the league.

Im doing ok Rock . .on the periphery of the playoff places, my rating is 64-66-66 . . played a match this morning and got worried . .no fouls in the first half .. . but second half there was plenty so hopefully the other match was just a bogey ref. . .which is fine by me .. . .played Novara this morning and fell behind 1-3 but started to claw my way back with a change of tactics and a couple of subs. . . ..scored the equaliser near the end . .I love the way Esiti my Dmf performs a lovely trap and cool finish . . .unfortunately haven't got the replay just the actual footage .. .i know it's not a spectacular fancy goal but these goals are special in the context of the league.

Great goal,hardly feel the same joy when scoring a 20 m screamer,it's the toe pokes,or shots that deflects on a defender and in that get me going

[/QUOTE]
first season with athletico madrid, i had to qualify for the Cl group stage by the elimination round, so it was one of the easiest matches vs OJC nice side that had been found wanting during both legs, aggregate score was 8-0 for me, first match 7-0 thumping at their home ground.
i am playing athleti as 4-3-3 i dont know if its the way to go, but they have TS 90 like this, so i guess its suiting them, i dont like to play on counter, i always like to have possession, but seems that i get goals on counter so it is the way i play i guess even i set them up as 4-3-3, i have to say this was my first match in this game that i get this kind of result, 7-0 win...!

Thought I would get involved. Love reading your Master League stories - always makes me want to play.

The last few weeks have been PES-free. Basically, I was putting off starting a ML until I picked up the PS4 Pro. So bought one on Thursday and spent the day installing the option file, all real teams, no duplicate players etc.

Finally started ML this afternoon as Swansea City in Superstar. Had a bumpy start. First match away at Everton. Lost 1-0, Lukaku in the 80th minute. I could have cried, I played so well.

Second match was annoyingly away again - at the Champions, Leicester. Grinded out a 0-0 in a really dull match.

Third game - Man City at home. Thought I would change tactics and switch to a 4-3-3 because the 4-2-3-1 really wasn't working for the whole at I play. Thought I'd try Sigurdsson as a false 9 as Llorente was awful in the first two matches. Bang! I am 3-0 up by the 60th minute. It finishes 3-1 to me and I have a smile across my face as big as Alan Pardew when he has just found out that Vision Express have ordered in his new frames.

Might post the videos of my goals later. :)

After today I have trouble believing that manual shooting is truly manual.

I was down by one twice in a match. I pushed up A/D in both cases. And both times my CF scored a super accurate goal. First an amazing header from a cross to top corner, from a difficult body position. Second time shot that first hit the post.

I have heard people saying that PA0 passing isn't truly manual but L2+pass is. Does anyone here use L2+shot when shooting?

After today I have trouble believing that manual shooting is truly manual.

I was down by one twice in a match. I pushed up A/D in both cases. And both times my CF scored a super accurate goal. First an amazing header from a cross to top corner, from a difficult body position. Second time shot that first hit the post.

I have heard people saying that PA0 passing isn't truly manual but L2+pass is. Does anyone here use L2+shot when shooting?

James . .you barely have a split second to shoot in some matches . . I don't think pressing L2 would enter your mind at that moment. . . I just take the game for what it is. . .yes there is a lot of scripting which works both ways .. .there's too much analysis going on as to what happens. . .it is what it is . ..if I really thought about why things happen I wouldn't bother playing it.

James . .you barely have a split second to shoot in some matches . . I don't think pressing L2 would enter your mind at that moment. . . I just take the game for what it is. . .yes there is a lot of scripting which works both ways .. .there's too much analysis going on as to what happens. . .it is what it is . ..if I really thought about why things happen I wouldn't bother playing it.
i agree i play the game on pa1 and shooting basic, i take it as it is, but put it on top player.

i agree i play the game on pa1 and shooting basic, i take it as it is, but put it on top player.

Fair enough Ramgamer . . .I play on manual .. I'm nothing special. . .but do you know what? It's not all about winning everything and being the best .. for me it's about enjoying the game for what it is .. it's not perfect but it can throw up some entertaining matches even if you don't win.

Absolutely Deco. What you say it's very true, at least speaking for myself. One of the things I love the most of this game is that losing doesn't feel frustating at all to me! I just enjoy the flow of the match and pick whatever results comes out..! I think this isn't underlined enough as to make a game difficult but not frustrating it's an enormous challenge in itself!

Absolutely Deco. What you say it's very true, at least speaking for myself. One of the things I love the most of this game is that losing doesn't feel frustating at all to me! I just enjoy the flow of the match and pick whatever results comes out..! I think this isn't underlined enough as to make a game difficult but not frustrating it's an enormous challenge in itself!

Madmac are you a new guy? I've never heard of you before.

Madmac are you a new guy? I've never heard of you before.
Hey Deco, as you can see from my subscription I'm here since 2006, I just don't post really often :), but I generally love to read Master League/Careers threads and maybe write an opinion once in a while.

Maybe I'll give my own contribution to the topic soon :D

Hey Deco, as you can see from my subscription I'm here since 2006, I just don't post really often :), but I generally love to read Master League/Careers threads and maybe write an opinion once in a while.

Maybe I'll give my own contribution to the topic soon :D

Nice one Madmac. . .hope to see you here more often, you're more than welcome buddy!. . . Ffs I wrote madcap there . .had to change it lol. What country are you from?

AC Milan vs Atalanta #3
Strange game,CPU and sluggish gameplay are really working against me here.
Got ahead in the 20th on a corner,think I've only scored goals on corners in the league so far.
From that my meant until the final whistle,it was all me,they didn't have a single chance after that.
Before my 1-0 goal they had 2-3 shots on goal,after that,none.
Hit the post twice.
Game ended 1-0 me

Think I need to go back to TP,it's to sluggish at this level with these players,the good thing is that everyone is equally bad,which makes the games real tight.
But...every lose ball always goes to them,and somehow,can't score right now.
25-3 in shots...9-2 on goals,says a lot I think.
Anyway,great game,third win in a row

AC Milan vs Atalanta #3
Strange game,CPU and sluggish gameplay are really working against me here.
Got ahead in the 20th on a corner,think I've only scored goals on corners in the league so far.
From that my meant until the final whistle,it was all me,they didn't have a single chance after that.
Before my 1-0 goal they had 2-3 shots on goal,after that,none.
Hit the post twice.
Game ended 1-0 me

Think I need to go back to TP,it's to sluggish at this level with these players,the good thing is that everyone is equally bad,which makes the games real tight.
But...every lose ball always goes to them,and somehow,can't score right now.
25-3 in shots...9-2 on goals,says a lot I think.
Anyway,great game,third win in a row

Don't be making excuses Rock. . you're in the big league now lol .. do you think Mcgregor will win tonight buddy?.. .he's from the area I live in now.

McGregor is a beast,yeah,he'll win.
Nice mouth on him:)
I like him.
I been watching some Irish related stuff the past two days,or Northern Ireland to be specific.
Deep into The Fall right now,great stuff.
Have a thing for Norn Ireland and their football team,probably not your bag of potatoes,being a southie:)
Fingers crossed for Conor

[/QUOTE]
my game vs barcelona t vicente calderon, they went ahead 2-0 by first half, i thought it was done and dusted against a beast like creature luis suarez, such a goal poacher this guy, but i worked hard, got back to 2-1 and then 2-2 with a gameiro equalizer deep into injury time, i punched the air after i scored, its these feelings that u want to enjoy in this game, this deep into injury time out of nowhere goals, such a good feeling..

McGregor is a beast,yeah,he'll win.
Nice mouth on him:)
I like him.
I been watching some Irish related stuff the past two days,or Northern Ireland to be specific.
Deep into The Fall right now,great stuff.
Have a thing for Norn Ireland and their football team,probably not your bag of potatoes,being a southie:)
Fingers crossed for Conor

A Southie? lol Why wouldn't I like them? We're all Irish . . ..just hate their northern accent ha ha . ..at least you lot have attractive women. McGregor slaughtered Alvarez.

my game vs barcelona t vicente calderon, they went ahead 2-0 by first half, i thought it was done and dusted against a beast like creature luis suarez, such a goal poacher this guy, but i worked hard, got back to 2-1 and then 2-2 with a gameiro equalizer deep into injury time, i punched the air after i scored, its these feelings that u want to enjoy in this game, this deep into injury time out of nowhere goals, such a good feeling..[/QUOTE]

Great goals ramgamer. . it looked like a great match.

Olimpo redux, season 1

Settings: top player, full manual and using manual L2 modifier for every pass, cross and shot, 20 minutes, speed 0

Report on match: Olimpo - CA Temperley

Highlight reel

Every pass, cross and shot you see me make in that video has been executed while pressing the L2 manual modifier. (I have full manual settings on top of that.)

The difference to PA0 is huge. WTF? Why is the system built like this? Why isn't PA0 truly manual?

Anyway, I enjoyed it a lot more than my earlier matches in this season. And I even won the match. I think that had I played at PA0 and regular manual shooting, something would have intercepted that combo which gave us the winning goal.

(The CPU had chances too, but the point of this video reel was to focus on the effect of L2.)

It is L2 for me from this point onwards, defo. I think I have heard of players permanently fixing L2 to be pressed during matches. (What does it do in defense?) I may have to see if that would be possible. A simple rubber band might do.

For anyone taking full manual seriously I suggest you give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom