The Master League adventures thread

I'm using PA1 because, frankly, I can't be bothered with manual.

I think the key is the fluid formation - I use a 433 without the ball but that switches to a 343 with the ball, with my left back moving into a defensive midfield position.

Using gegenpress, this usually allows me to win the ball high up the pitch. My possession stats are insane, normally 65% to 70% each match.

It is also important to pick up the correct players for your style of play. I mostly attack through wide positions so have pacy, tricky wingers.

Up top, my striker (who I got for free) is about 191cm tall and has great heading ability. He has scored 35 goals in the league this season, mostly with his head.

As my team spirit has increased, I have started to attack more through the middle and that is where my two awesome AMFs come in. Check out Quintero if you can.

Thanks for the tips. Heh my possession is usually around 30-40% with my passing around about 60%. In my defence though i am playing full manual but it means i make silly mistakes that can lead to CPU goals.

I like playing on the wings too so i am training my wingers to be more pacey. I think i messed up regarding transfers as i bought players and only got a couple on a free. Ive sent some out on loan too so i look forward to getting them back. Really loving this game :)

You mentioned in your earlier post about the scripting. Maybe try full manual and stick to the level you are on. It does offer many different challenges and can be frustrating sometimes but not as frustrating as the scripting on higher levels. ;)

Thanks for the tips. Heh my possession is usually around 30-40% with my passing around about 60%. In my defence though i am playing full manual but it means i make silly mistakes that can lead to CPU goals.

I like playing on the wings too so i am training my wingers to be more pacey. I think i messed up regarding transfers as i bought players and only got a couple on a free. Ive sent some out on loan too so i look forward to getting them back. Really loving this game :)

You mentioned in your earlier post about the scripting. Maybe try full manual and stick to the level you are on. It does offer many different challenges and can be frustrating sometimes but not as frustrating as the scripting on higher levels. ;)

All of the players that I have brought in have been free transfers so far - you can get some real bargains!

I would try manual but I find that I don't have time - run my own business and have a young child, with another on the way.

I just like to jump on in the evenings and have a couple of games (hence it taking so long to finish a season). I'm not sure I would find manual relaxing!

I didnt fancy playing with the default ML team so i decided to go for the 'weakest' championship team. I gathered that because Barnsley only got promoted to the championship through the playoffs that they must be one of the weakest teams. They are actually doing quite well in real life, in about 13th i believe.

How noble of you. . .. You sir are a gentleman .. .You should have tried the defaults . .that's a real challenge . ..it's great scanning the database for potential talent . .. love this game buddy.

Using gegenpress, this usually allows me to win the ball high up the pitch. My possession stats are insane, normally 65% to 70% each match.
And this is why I would love to play against superstar: their defenders simply won't let you steal the ball in their own half. It happens very seldom.

Unfortunately there are other aspects of superstar which are not as inviting.

But it is possible to place restrictions on your own defensive style. Like: don't use gegenpress; don't use x(+run) to pressure magnetically.

So starting season 4 in a while.
I obviously fucked up last nights "restart",by screwing up my save

So I finished it this morning.
Won the Serie A
Lost the Tim cup final
Won the Champions League

This season will be my toughest for sure,I've made myself a challenge,on proffesional or top player.
Decided to downscale my team, and try to keep my team around 75-80 ovr,top!

9 players out
Iraizoz GK 80 ovr
Gimenez CB 88 ovr
Digne LB 85 ovr
Mertens LWF 83 ovr
Mahrez RMF 81 ovr
Sane RMF 84 ovr
Pasalic CMF 86 ovr
Bacca CF 81 ovr.

My transfer budget is €70 M and €16 M salaries
Planning on using around 30-40 M to get a decent squad,need replacing at least 8-9 players.
Don't think I'll challenge for the title this year,rebuilding is my main goal,try to push for a CL spot.
The game became to weird having such a strong squad last season,not enjoyable at all.
My team was 87-82-82 ovr (attack-MF-DF).
So let's get shit done,think I'll stay on TP and see how much of a challenge that will be,same as usual,going -1 game speed,20 min,and manual

And this is why I would love to play against superstar: their defenders simply won't let you steal the ball in their own half. It happens very seldom.

Unfortunately there are other aspects of superstar which are not as inviting.

But it is possible to place restrictions on your own defensive style. Like: don't use gegenpress; don't use x(+run) to pressure magnetically.

My problem with Superstar in ML is the scripting.

In exhibition mode, it is absolutely fine - very tough but very fair matches where your mistakes are punished but you feel in control of proceedings.

In ML, it is a completely different kettle of fish - good players suddenly cannot pass, shoot or defend properly and the ball seems to drop to the opposition far more frequently.

If you were to ask Konami about this, I am certain they would say that it is the heart feature. In essence, they have legitimised scripting with this nonsence of a feature.

I understand that some may like it because it echoes real life - sometimes great teams and great players just have an off day.

But I do not want this replicated in PES - if I fail I want it to be because I did not play as well as I can, not because of some algorithm that restricts how you play in the name of realism.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S WORLD SOCCER
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

A couple of games from September.

Barnsley 1 Aston Villa 2
I really messed up in this game after get back into. Had a few chances score but kept playing the wrong pass. In defence i should have cleared it rather than pass about. Great miss by Ayew though.

Barnsley 3 v Derby County 1
Great victory this one against the top team. When Bent equalised i thought that was it but we held our nerve and Bradshaw scored with a fantastic header, best header ive seen in a footy game. I loved the way he span round. Then i brought on Yiadom and moved Williams to the left and it paid off fantastically.

Keeps us unbeaten.

In the future i will post brief highlights along with the extended ones. Some last 11 mins otherwise :P

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S WORLD SOCCER
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

A couple of games from September.

Barnsley 1 Aston Villa 2
I really messed up in this game after get back into. Had a few chances score but kept playing the wrong pass. In defence i should have cleared it rather than pass about. Great miss by Ayew though.

Barnsley 3 v Derby County 1
Great victory this one against the top team. When Bent equalised i thought that was it but we held our nerve and Bradshaw scored with a fantastic header, best header ive seen in a footy game. I loved the way he span round. Then i brought on Yiadom and moved Williams to the left and it paid off fantastically.

Keeps us unbeaten.

In the future i will post brief highlights along with the extended ones. Some last 11 mins otherwise :P

Great vids Geeee. . .. you're right your defense is a bit generous sometimes . . how did Villa miss that open goal ha ha. .. You deserved to beat Derby .. thought you should have got a draw against Villa.

Random stuff on proffesional difficulty
I realised after three seasons on TP,I'm never going to get this much fun and difference in games on TP.
Might go back to proffesional again,pretty much have to.
Can't beat that
but man the game looks in slow motion, because u put gamespeed -1. it doesnt look good, the keeper moves in slowmotion... but otherwise nice randomness, but gamespeed is slow motion.

My problem with Superstar in ML is the scripting.

In exhibition mode, it is absolutely fine - very tough but very fair matches where your mistakes are punished but you feel in control of proceedings.

In ML, it is a completely different kettle of fish - good players suddenly cannot pass, shoot or defend properly and the ball seems to drop to the opposition far more frequently.

If you were to ask Konami about this, I am certain they would say that it is the heart feature. In essence, they have legitimised scripting with this nonsence of a feature.

I understand that some may like it because it echoes real life - sometimes great teams and great players just have an off day.

But I do not want this replicated in PES - if I fail I want it to be because I did not play as well as I can, not because of some algorithm that restricts how you play in the name of realism.
this is precisely why i stopped playing superstar in this, teams like tottenham become barcelona, and they start tikitaka all over the pitch, it's not realistic at all, and i shot one goal aswell, there is no randomness, it's all scripted..

Hi, rockstrongo! I was absent for a month, did i checked it right, that u play with ACM on professional difficulty? Cause i thought at the beginning you were played on superstar level... Did u changed it then?

Hi, rockstrongo! I was absent for a month, did i checked it right, that u play with ACM on professional difficulty? Cause i thought at the beginning you were played on superstar level... Did u changed it then?
Hi Mamont.
Nope I played 3 seasons on manual/top Player,but the last three games of season three was in on proffesional.
Mainly because the gameplay was horrible,when you have really good players,the game is very strange,no freekicks,hardly any tackles,it feels like it's on rails.

So now I'm starting season four,with average players on either proffesional or top player,if proffesional is a challenge I'll play that,think it's the best difficulty

Hi Mamont.
Nope I played 3 seasons on manual/top Player,but the last three games of season three was in on proffesional.
Mainly because the gameplay was horrible,when you have really good players,the game is very strange,no freekicks,hardly any tackles,it feels like it's on rails.

So now I'm starting season four,with average players on either proffesional or top player,if proffesional is a challenge I'll play that,think it's the best difficulty

So were u winning easily every match on top player after u got a good team? I am asking, because i play with Milan and i struggle a lot on superstar/automatic...

So were u winning easily every match on top player after u got a good team? I am asking, because i play with Milan and i struggle a lot on superstar/automatic...
Wouldn't say I won easily,I lost 5 league games,but the games became boring,no fouls no freekicks.
But yeah,top player is still hard,I had a very very good team,around 82-84 ovr average.
Are you on your first season?
My team now is around 76 ovr,so a big differnce.
If you can,try dropping down,and really,try manual,it's so much better,takes practice,but plays well

Wouldn't say I won easily,I lost 5 league games,but the games became boring,no fouls no freekicks.
But yeah,top player is still hard,I had a very very good team,around 82-84 ovr average.
Are you on your first season?
My team now is around 76 ovr,so a big differnce.
If you can,try dropping down,and really,try manual,it's so much better,takes practice,but plays well

Yes, its my first season. Maybe i'll try Top Player, because at the moment it is impossible to win

Kicking off season four.
Bought 6 players,total value of €30m.
I have a small squad,26 players,4 out on loan,might bring up a few youngsters,refuse the regens though
And my team ovr has gone from 87-82-82 to 78-77-76,and that's a huge difference.
Guess it's going to be a hard season,but hopefully more enjoyable than last season.
Team spirit/team strength from 85/86 to 77/76.
Doesn't sound much,but it's such a big difference.
Anyway,wish me luck.
First game is Torino in the Tim Supercup,then Inter in the UEFA Supercup
Avanti!

Yes, its my first season. Maybe i'll try Top Player, because at the moment it is impossible to win
Still a good challenge,I had a nightmare with Milan on TP first season,I had restarted it a few times,but when I started playing it on TP and manual,it was very tough,and I didn't buy that many players either.
Good luck mate

AC Milan -Torino FC Tim Supercup

Well,big difference in gameplay with average players instead of superstars.
Gameplay felt like controlling a soap,in sneakers,on ice!
Good thing I have a solid defence,my reserves from past three seasons,so they're solid in the back.
Didn't create that much,Torino had most of the possesion,but my backup keeper Gabriel was a rock.
When the referee signed for +3 minutes in additional time,I though I went for extra time.
But,Niang made it past his defender and took a shot,Hart parried it my winger Erkin threw himself and pushed it in.
1-0 final score,and a very welcomed trophy,guess it will be sparse with them this year

Inter-Milan UEFA Supercup
This was a simply a showdown by Inter,they played the shit out of me,but I kept a clean sheet,Donnarumma and my defenders were stunning.
Late second half I scored on a corner,Bonaventura,one of my heroes that stayed in my financially crippled Milan got the job done.
Game ended 1-0 me,and another trophy to my Milan.

Empoli -AC Milan opening day in Serie A
Tight and tough game,very much fought in the midfield,not many chances created by any of us.
But got a good chance late first half,Suso went by a tackling defender took a shot,hits the defender and in.
Kept a tight ship the rest of the game and won it.

Great start by my Milan,guess the results will swing later on,but I'm enjoying it massive right now.
Much more fun than last year.
Avanti Rossoneri

Had one great game and then played a script feast against Wigan. I played it 4 times until i decided to accept that i was never going to get anything other than a defeat.

First game, 2-0 down in the space of about 10 mins. Then they had a player sent off. Then we had chance after chance after chance. GK became Superman. Bradshaw i top scorer missed an open goal from 1 yard. Then they had a chance...goal, then another.....goal. I turned it off.

Second game, straight away they scored again. Then we equalised and i thought ok maybe i just need to concentrate more. Then they score again and again.

Third game was the same.

Had a break for about 2 hours and came back to it expecting to lose. Held on until about the 20th minute then they scored. Then later on another one after we missed another open goal.

I don't mind if they make their players play better but what frustrates me is when my players become unresponsive. And the cursor changing i mentioned before is the worse i have seen. It is almost a game breaker for me.

It's funny because when i was playing as Spurs in the week the cursor change was fine but now back to ML and it is diabolical. I really can't stand it. The amount of times it picks the wrong player. For me it's 90% of the time.

Oh well unbeaten record in the league gone. CPU couldn't handle it so it scripted a defeat.

Had one great game and then played a script feast against Wigan. I played it 4 times until i decided to accept that i was never going to get anything other than a defeat.

First game, 2-0 down in the space of about 10 mins. Then they had a player sent off. Then we had chance after chance after chance. GK became Superman. Bradshaw i top scorer missed an open goal from 1 yard. Then they had a chance...goal, then another.....goal. I turned it off.

Second game, straight away they scored again. Then we equalised and i thought ok maybe i just need to concentrate more. Then they score again and again.

Third game was the same.

Had a break for about 2 hours and came back to it expecting to lose. Held on until about the 20th minute then they scored. Then later on another one after we missed another open goal.

I don't mind if they make their players play better but what frustrates me is when my players become unresponsive. And the cursor changing i mentioned before is the worse i have seen. It is almost a game breaker for me.

It's funny because when i was playing as Spurs in the week the cursor change was fine but now back to ML and it is diabolical. I really can't stand it. The amount of times it picks the wrong player. For me it's 90% of the time.

Oh well unbeaten record in the league gone. CPU couldn't handle it so it scripted a defeat.
yeah,its shit when it happens,i had a run of 15-20 games where I won/drew,and the CPU did everything to make me lose,didnt have any free kicks,perfect passing etc.
that's why I sold most of my players,to good TS and super players fucks the game.
you'll bounce back,take one or two simmed games and it'll return to normal

Olimpo redux, season 1, fixture 4

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes, speed 0

Report on match: Colón de Santa Fe - Olimpo

Highlight reel (stats and standings at end)

The first pass you see in the highlights shows the level of commitment of our players (easy pass, player opts not to take it).

Nice set of fouls by the CPU, eh? There was one more yellow which isn't in the video.

Seriously, though, we had our chances, but they nailed it. Next match, please. And throw some points at us. :)

Olimpo redux, season 1, fixture 4

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes, speed 0

Report on match: Colón de Santa Fe - Olimpo

Highlight reel (stats and standings at end)

The first pass you see in the highlights shows the level of commitment of our players (easy pass, player opts not to take it).

Nice set of fouls by the CPU, eh? There was one more yellow which isn't in the video.

Seriously, though, we had our chances, but they nailed it. Next match, please. And throw some points at us. :)

What a shite goal to lose to!

About cheating and unplayability when you reach high level with TS or with your players, someone of you remember when Sabatasso spoke about the file System000000 in pes 2013. He said that this file collects every information about your success and defeats and a series of victories so that cpu starts to cheat and the game become unplayable. So Sabatasso suggested to re-create System00000 and transforms it in a read-only file. I seem someone else in this forum spoke about this strange cheating when your squad became very strong. However I think that there is some file or something even in the konami servers that collect this type of information. Sorry for my very bad English and for my long speak.

About cheating and unplayability when you reach high level with TS or with your players, someone of you remember when Sabatasso spoke about the file System000000 in pes 2013. He said that this file collects every information about your success and defeats and a series of victories so that cpu starts to cheat and the game become unplayable. So Sabatasso suggested to re-create System00000 and transforms it in a read-only file. I seem someone else in this forum spoke about this strange cheating when your squad became very strong. However I think that there is some file or something even in the konami servers that collect this type of information. Sorry for my very bad English and for my long speak.
didn't know that,but it explains a lot
thanks for the info

This afternoon I saw a strange thing: I deleted the files related to the settings that are in the folder documents /konami/pes2017 and in the folder documents /konami/pes2017/save (sorry now I don't remember the name of the two files but are those that creates when you start a new game with new settings) started a new exhibition game and at -1 speed seem all at rallenty like speed -2. Who knows ?

yeah,i had a run of 15-20 games where I won/drew,and the CPU did everything to make me lose,didnt have any free kicks,perfect passing etc.
that's why I sold most of my players,to good TS and super players the game.
you'll bounce back,take one or two simmed games and it'll return to normal

But rock my TS is 51. Its so annoying, i beat Derby who are top and then its like my players are running in treacle. Its a shame it affects every player. Why not just have a couple of players not the whole bunch like they have food poisoning or something.

The other silly thing is that in one of the games when i was 2-0 down and they got their right back sent off. They didnt make any changes, they just left the right side exposed for the rest of the match. If that was PES5 the CPU would have on a sub. That's worrying. They still scored 2 more though.

Would i be able to adjust that on my PS4?

Back
Top Bottom