The Master League adventures thread

Thanks Rock always very kind . Now I have no doubt about game speed. Really appreciate your help. Cheers.

The poor mathematics variables behind the Master League transfers are ruining the mode for me. I have an excellent striker called D.ROS who has scored over a 100+ goals in three seasons, I paid around 16 million for him but he's only valued at 14 million despite being the...

- Top scorer in the Premier League for the past 2 seasons.
- Top scorer in the Champions League for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best player in the Premier League for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best South American player for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best player in the Champions League for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best player in the World for the past 2 seasons.
- He's rated at 89.

This is annoying but what really annoys me is that he wants 10 million a year in wages now and no real life big teams ever try to buy my players, it's never Barcelona, Bayern or Man United, it's always some no-name little team from Ecuador or some shit who apparently want to bolster there little squad of below average 64 rated players with the best player in the world, this shits ridiculous and ruins immersion, Konami really need to hire a mathematician who can input proper variables with real world likelihoods based on real football statistics.

I don't mind my star player refusing to sign a new contract forcing me to sell him to another big team rival like Real Madrid as it will create an interesting story in my head next time I play against him, but currently I feel bad selling my players as it feels like I'm ruining their career by selling them to some nothing team in the middle of nowhere called "Vlkktzeruim FC".

Last edited:
-1 and it's not sluggish,you can perform moves quickly anyway

Good god .. . played 6 games tonight .. ..first 5 games I lost 1-0 in the same frustrating way. . . .dominating the matches but strangely my shots were either going straight at the keeper or just wide. . . . and then to the surprise of next doors cat the opposition would nick a goal late in the second half. . . and then play piggy in the middle with me until the final whistle .. . .. just as I was about to put the Playstation on the fire.. .I decided to have one more game. . .and it did what Pes does best. . .. it sweet talked me back with an excellent match against Perugia. . . .ok it was fast and open and probably end to end but bloody hell it was terrific . .the shackles were off. . I had complete control of my team. . everything I tried to do worked or nearly worked .. . chance after chance for me but still no goal until the end. . . . .until I feinted and went to play a ball down the wing to a runner but instead chipped it into the box and my midfielder Duarte trapped it and half volleyed past the keeper. . .. . and we could have scored more but 1-0 it was . .. .and now my faith is restored.

Good god .. . played 6 games tonight .. ..first 5 games I lost 1-0 in the same frustrating way. . . .dominating the matches but strangely my shots were either going straight at the keeper or just wide. . . . and then to the surprise of next doors cat the opposition would nick a goal late in the second half. . . and then play piggy in the middle with me until the final whistle .. . .. just as I was about to put the Playstation on the fire.. .I decided to have one more game. . .and it did what Pes does best. . .. it sweet talked me back with an excellent match against Perugia. . . .ok it was fast and open and probably end to end but bloody hell it was terrific . .the shackles were off. . I had complete control of my team. . everything I tried to do worked or nearly worked .. . chance after chance for me but still no goal until the end. . . . .until I feinted and went to play a ball down the wing to a runner but instead chipped it into the box and my midfielder Duarte trapped it and half volleyed past the keeper. . .. . and we could have scored more but 1-0 it was . .. .and now my faith is restored.
Nice one sir.
Those games are just...no words for em really.
Good that you're back mate.
I've only had great games of late,a bit scripted,no biggie though,having a hard times getting fouls.
Suddenly the CPU tackles perfectly every time,a bit annoying,but better than the past days miseries.
Had a cracker vs Frosinone away,went 1-0 down early,and fought tooth and nails to win that one.
Scored the 2-1 goal in the last minute or so.
Then the qtrs in the CL vs PSG,post a video in a while

The poor mathematics variables behind the Master League transfers are ruining the mode for me. I have an excellent striker called D.ROS who has scored over a 100+ goals in three seasons, I paid around 16 million for him but he's only valued at 14 million despite being the...

- Top scorer in the Premier League for the past 2 seasons.
- Top scorer in the Champions League for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best player in the Premier League for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best South American player for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best player in the Champions League for the past 2 seasons.
- Voted the best player in the World for the past 2 seasons.
- He's rated at 89.

This is annoying but what really annoys me is that he wants 10 million a year in wages now and no real life big teams ever try to buy my players, it's never Barcelona, Bayern or Man United, it's always some no-name little team from Ecuador or some shit who apparently want to bolster there little squad of below average 64 rated players with the best player in the world, this shits ridiculous and ruins immersion, Konami really need to hire a mathematician who can input proper variables with real would likelihoods based on real football statistics.

I don't mind my star player refusing to sign a new contract forcing me to sell him to another big team rival like Real Madrid as it will create an interesting story in my head next time I play against him, but currently I feel bad selling my players as it feels like I'm ruining their career by selling them to some nothing team in the middle of nowhere called "Vlkktzeruim FC".
I started a ML,only played two games on that with Inter,and wanted to bring one player with me from Milan,having played them for two seasons,and he was valued at 25 I think,Milan wanted 90 for him.
So being valued,and what you can get for him,two different things.
But I get what you're concerned/pissed about.
Most of my players is being sold to The PL

Last edited:
Olimpo redux, season 1, fixture 1

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on match: Arsenal de Sarandí - Olimpo

Highlight reel (stats and standings at end)

First match, team spirit 47, played very defensively throughout the match. Did not realize to launch enough runs manually. Almost got punished by the CPU at the end.

One point from first away match. Happy with that. But attacking was anemic.

Unfortunately no more time to play today. Really looking forward to continuing!
Ooooh,that last header by Arsenal...
Great highlights

Nice one sir.
Those games are just...no words for em really.
Good that you're back mate.
I've only had great games of late,a bit scripted,no biggie though,having a hard times getting fouls.
Suddenly the CPU tackles perfectly every time,a bit annoying,but better than the past days miseries.
Had a cracker vs Frosinone away,went 1-0 down early,and fought tooth and nails to win that one.
Scored the 2-1 goal in the last minute or so.
Then the qtrs in the CL vs PSG,post a video in a while

Strange thing rock I'm getting loads of fouls lately . . I'm getting good at turning slightly at the last second when a player is already committed to his tackle .. .but ne'er a Penalty . .I've seen some stonewall Peno shouts being ignored .. .not even an ooh or aahhh from the crowd either.

Strange thing rock I'm getting loads of fouls lately . . I'm getting good at turning slightly at the last second when a player is already committed to his tackle .. .but ne'er a Penalty . .I've seen some stonewall Peno shouts being ignored .. .not even an ooh or aahhh from the crowd either.
Strange.
I'm getting fouls aswell,but not vs the good teams,Juve and the CL teams,they hardly draw anything.
My last game vs PSG I really tried to draw both FK and PK,no dice.
Against the smaller sides,I can do it,goona try it my next game,get a pen.
Ps tried diving a few times..ha ha ha,I fuck that up real good,got a booking every time.
It's fucking rocket science pulling that off my friend

Sorry mates I saw your videos and I saw that your pace is slower than mine. Please can you tell me what speed you use in game? Maybe I have to go to -1? I have read that at -1 gameplay is sluggish and best speed is 0. Sorry mates I'm very very confused. I like slow pace but not sluggish and not real players motion. I'm on pc. Thanks a lot in advance.
I play with default speed 0.

Variations in the tempo of a match can be radical even if game speed remains constant. A number of factors seem to play a role: team spirit, player condition, A/D level, the league played (avg. player speed), grass length.

Ooooh,that last header by Arsenal...
Arsenal had the highest rated player on the pitch (CF, 76), but we were able to keep him completely under control for 60', at which time he was subbed. They had one shot during the first, what, 80'? But they had the guts to raise their A/D towards the end, and that's when the trouble started. I was amazed that my keeper made those saves, because he was in orange form.

At superstar I did not have much of a pressure to win. It's different now at top player, and I don't know how to approach it yet. When should I start going offensive? Can I do it away? Do I need to wait until team spirit is higher? Do I need to wait for the weaker opponents?

On the other hand, it is 3 points vs. 1. A central issue in modern football.

Arsenal had the highest rated player on the pitch (CF, 76), but we were able to keep him completely under control for 60', at which time he was subbed. They had one shot during the first, what, 80'? But they had the guts to raise their A/D towards the end, and that's when the trouble started. I was amazed that my keeper made those saves, because he was in orange form.

At superstar I did not have much of a pressure to win. It's different now at top player, and I don't know how to approach it yet. When should I start going offensive? Can I do it away? Do I need to wait until team spirit is higher? Do I need to wait for the weaker opponents?

On the other hand, it is 3 points vs. 1. A central issue in modern football.

He who dares wins. . .fortune favours the brave etc etc . . .go for the jugular!

guys since i started playing ML after in installed inmortal stadium pack, i have seen that some stadiums are missing the adboards, any fix??

Another great game,this one vs my rivals As Roma.

That game was followed by my home game to Bologna,a horrible game,always 2 m from my opponents,their tackling perfect the whole game,I tried to draw fouls/pens,nothing,free kicks being 11-1 to Bologna,some games are just programmed to fuck with you I guess
Anyway won the game 1-0,had a player sent off,so in the 2nd half I subbed one of my strikers and took in a defender,played 4-4-1.
The funny thing is that my defender never played in defence,didn't matter that I put him there,played up front.
Probably a glitch in the fluid formation.
Horrible game,but nevertheless a win,and with 3 games left,I'm 4 points clear at the top

That game was followed by my home game to Bologna,a horrible game,always 2 m from my opponents,their tackling perfect the whole game,I tried to draw fouls/pens,nothing.
Anyway won the game 1-0,had a player sent off,so in the 2nd half I subbed one of my strikers and took in a defender,played 4-4-1.
The funny thing is that my defender never played in defence,didn't matter that I put him there,played up front.
Horrible game,but nevertheless a win,and with 3 games left,I'm 4 points clear at the top
how do u setup fluid formation?, do u use out of possession gameplan for in possession one? like the 5min changes that were recommended before?

That game was followed by my home game to Bologna,a horrible game,always 2 m from my opponents,their tackling perfect the whole game,I tried to draw fouls/pens,nothing,free kicks being 11-1 to Bologna,some games are just programmed to fuck with you I guess

The swanky start to the vids and all Rock. . . must be all the money from Milan's success.

how do u setup fluid formation?, do u use out of possession gameplan for in possession one? like the 5min changes that were recommended before?

Only if you want to ... you can have the three of them different. . .just be careful when swapping players positions around . . .What looks like your line up at kickoff could be different when attacking or defending. . eg if you moved an AMF to SS make sure you do it in all three if that's what where you want him to play for all three formations.

Olimpo redux, season 1, fixture 2

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes, speed 0

Report on match: Atlético Tucumán - Olimpo

Highlight reel (stats and standings at the end)

I predict a tough first season. It is not evident from this video, but Atlético were intercepting our passes pretty nastily, particularly in midfield. Also, our CBs aren't defending at the level they should: there is an interesting stop in one replay, and we also lose that 1-1 header ridiculously easily.

Fortunately the Olimpo owners gave JB a promise of full 5 seasons to turn the tide.

just had a game vs tottenham top of the epl, cheating all over the place two balls through to kane and he finished as if there is no keeper there, tottenham started playing like barcelona, not even a single passing error,exited and turned off the game., enough cheating for 1 day.

I usually go with one setup,even though I have two other ones.
My main is a 4-2-2-2,setup one way at kickoff,more defensive when defending (my CMF are DMF ) and one way when attacking.

I think setting your team up one way when attacking,and one way when defending,then switch between your different special tactics and def/off levels are enough,I rarely use all my three fluid formations

And yes pretty much like the 5 min fix.
A good thing is knowing your team,strength,weakness and setup a team according to that.
Also,use advanced tactics (gegenpress etc)

Last edited:
I play with default speed 0.

Variations in the tempo of a match can be radical even if game speed remains constant. A number of factors seem to play a role: team spirit, player condition, A/D level, the league played (avg. player speed), grass length.
. Thank you so much James, i know there are multiple factors that influences the game too but as you said sometimes tha game become too frantic and i don't like this. For the moment i tried -1 and i like it a lot. Maybe this is my right speed even if at -2 i have more time to think but my fear always is the sluggishness of players. Thanks a lot everybody and go on with your storymatches, i follow them with interest to learn how play well at this game.

Had CSKA Moscow in my CL semi,beat them 3-1 at home and drew 1-1 away.
So now I'm in the CL final,Barca of course.
2 games left of the league,1pt ahead of Napoli.
But..
This game,the past 4,have been so boring,feels like playing on PA3, the looseness is gone,CPU never makes any reckless tackles,just like in 16, no free kicks.
I've had 5 in my past 4.
5 freekicks in four game...
One outside the box,the rest in mid pitch.
Ive seen replays of every bad tackle,always a slight touch of the ball,so no freekicks.
It's a deal breaker for me,what happend to the game we had before?
Pre patch,and just after the patch?
It's just like 16,without the insane scripting.

My two semis,I didn't concentrate on scoring,just drawing freekicks and pens,nothing,I even ran into the box and out and in again a few times,changing direction changing pace,nothing!

Playing Empoli now,if the game behaves like it's done recently,I'll uninstall it,reinstalling it again,this time off line,to avoid the latest update.

Was going to put together a clip,had a stunning goal,but don't really care for it

Update!!!
I played that Empoli game twice on TP,played horrible,no freekicks at all,won both 2-1 and 3-1
Then I decided to play the game on Proffesional.
Omg,,,,how good the game plays on that difficulty.
I had three freekicks outside their box,scored on one.
I also had a penalty.
The game was better than ever.
I'm going back to proffesional,deffo,need to finish my season first though,then I'll restart with a weaker team,and keeping it weak,rather have good gameplay than good players

Update!!!
I played that Empoli game twice on TP,played horrible,no freekicks at all,won both 2-1 and 3-1
Then I decided to play the game on Proffesional.
Omg,,,,how good the game plays on that difficulty.
I had three freekicks outside their box,scored on one.
I also had a penalty.
The game was better than ever.
I'm going back to proffesional,deffo,need to finish my season first though,then I'll restart with a weaker team,and keeping it weak,rather have good gameplay than good players
great decision i think of doing the same, have players in 70s and some 80, and play the game on professional, to get more fouls more freekicks etc, it doesnt feel like real football when these things are missing, man we need a proper game, if their slogan is "the pitch is ours" then make the game like that.

... CPU never makes any reckless tackles,just like in 16, no free kicks.
I've had 5 in my past 4.
5 freekicks in four game
... It's a deal breaker for me,what happend to the game we had before?
I had a total of 8 free kicks in my first two matches (top player). This was
  • at team spirit 46-47 (players get more agile at higher TS)
  • without malicia players
  • without using feints
  • against teams which are not rivals.
I don't think anything has changed in the underlying game in this sense. Maybe there are periods in an ML where fouls are rare? Maybe the way we play varies as well?

After the rehearsals... he's back!

Team - Barnsley
Option File - Goalgerd's World Soccer
Level - Professional
Time - 20 mins
Full Manual

August highlights coming soon...
Heh heh what a build up :P

Geeee were you deported from Brazil for throwing chairs?

Had CSKA Moscow in my CL semi,beat them 3-1 at home and drew 1-1 away.
So now I'm in the CL final,Barca of course.
2 games left of the league,1pt ahead of Napoli.
But..
This game,the past 4,have been so boring,feels like playing on PA3, the looseness is gone,CPU never makes any reckless tackles,just like in 16, no free kicks.
I've had 5 in my past 4.
5 freekicks in four game...
One outside the box,the rest in mid pitch.
Ive seen replays of every bad tackle,always a slight touch of the ball,so no freekicks.
It's a deal breaker for me,what happend to the game we had before?
Pre patch,and just after the patch?
It's just like 16,without the insane scripting.

My two semis,I didn't concentrate on scoring,just drawing freekicks and pens,nothing,I even ran into the box and out and in again a few times,changing direction changing pace,nothing!

Playing Empoli now,if the game behaves like it's done recently,I'll uninstall it,reinstalling it again,this time off line,to avoid the latest update.

Was going to put together a clip,had a stunning goal,but don't really care for it

Strange about the free kicks I'm getting loads unless it's because my players are average and aren't as agile as top players.

Back
Top Bottom