The Master League adventures thread

If you put the grass to short at your stadium the game plays at a ridiculously fast speed.. . . .I'm still enjoying it but it's a bit end to end.. . .. .other people will say that we're imagining it .. . we're not.
I play on medium length,at least at home.
Enjoying it aswell,but far from how much I did before.
Might try long grass length for my next game.
Nope,think we're on the money with this one

Played another game,Napoli away
Better gameplay,scripted as fuck though no chance of pulling a win there.
1-2.
I'm kinda tired of this game right now,gameplay is shit.
Either possesion football and you can't get the ball or end to end.
Still no freekicks,the odd one in mid pitch,that's it.
Shit game,shit company.
If it turns great again,let me now,until then Konami can fuck off

Ouch rock sounds like you are done for. I don't experience that level of anger towards the game yes there have been a couple of games where I thought fuck off that was blatant but I am sure mourinho says re same thing watching the donkeys that is man u these days

I have out ML on the back burner till after November update and then I am going to see how gameplay pans out and decide if I am going with a gameplay option file.

Love the stories here though. Good job guys.

Ouch rock sounds like you are done for. I don't experience that level of anger towards the game yes there have been a couple of games where I thought fuck off that was blatant but I am sure mourinho says re same thing watching the donkeys that is man u these days

I have out ML on the back burner till after November update and then I am going to see how gameplay pans out and decide if I am going with a gameplay option file.

The Rock will be back!

I am not seeing any of this downgrading of quality in my ML. Still enjoying it immensely.

Maybe the first two steps in the 12 step program to happiness are to accept that there will be matches where the CPU will
  1. score if they get one shot on goal, esp. if it's the first shot in the match
  2. have much more responsive players.

You can compensate for both effects to some degree. Especially the latter. Which, btw, happens irl as well: remember Man City vs. Barcelona a couple of days ago?

Yeah,sometimes you over react,but it's been bad gameplay the past 2-3 days.
And the way I enjoyed before,not the same atm

I am not seeing any of this downgrading of quality in my ML. Still enjoying it immensely.

Maybe the first two steps in the 12 step program to happiness are to accept that there will be matches where the CPU will
  1. score if they get one shot on goal, esp. if it's the first shot in the match
  2. have much more responsive players.

You can compensate for both effects to some degree. Especially the latter. Which, btw, happens irl as well: remember Man City vs. Barcelona a couple of days ago?
I know mate,but those little things annoys you.lower freekick count,and especially how good the game played a week ago

You'd probably need to reinstall the game,pretty sure at least on Xbox it saves old game files even though you uninstall the game,to be able to get rid of option file and other saves you have to do it manually.

I had PES 15 on my Xbox before,sold it before 16 came out,and a week ago I pick it up again for €7, and when I installed it,my old ML career with Torino was still there.
I'd probably hang in there,game might swing back again

You'd probably need to reinstall the game,pretty sure at least on Xbox it saves old game files even though you uninstall the game,to be able to get rid of option file and other saves you have to do it manually.

I had PES 15 on my Xbox before,sold it before 16 came out,and a week ago I pick it up again for €7, and when I installed it,my old ML career with Torino was still there.
I'd probably hang in there,game might swing back again

It sometimes does swing back . . .the downturn didn't come with a warning so it could possibly change to something better....fuckin hope so. . I was lovin it before this.

It sometimes does swing back . . .the downturn didn't come with a warning so it could possibly change to something better....fuckin hope so. . I was lovin it before this.
Same here mate,best thing since sliced bread or proper Ale,might have to wait until the next update.
Might restart with some other team,just to see if the gameplay is changed,and not a programmed bug to make the ML tough for a while,and then back again.
Who knows,shifty bastards at Konami

Same here mate,best thing since sliced bread or proper Ale,might have to wait until the next update.
Might restart with some other team,just to see if the gameplay is changed,and not a programmed bug to make the ML tough for a while,and then back again.
Btw,played one of my games last night a bit different,first half online,second offline.
And not being a huge differnce,but offline felt less hectic,not much,but less

I know . . . .Joe two hats . . .tell you one thing and then do the opposite behind your back.

Hmm... dont think you can uninstall. That's a shame as that was the reason i got the physical copy of the game.

The more i am playing this game the more i am getting bugged by these things....

1. Player switching is the worst ive seen in PES. Even when i pass the ball along the wing to my winger i will be given control of my CF.

2. Trying to pass to the person furthest away is 99% cut out by my closest player, that is really really bugging me because i hold the button down longer so the pass is harder and because the pass is harder the player that cuts it out struggles to control it and it can lead to a CPU pick up. Also on the same subject when the CPU plays longer passes the closest player jumps over it, why doesnt my player do that?

3. At the moment it feels like there is no midfield. Maybe it is the way i am playing but there is such a gulf between my defenders and my attackers.

4. Point 3 is causing end to end gameplay with no midfield battles.

5. The amount of times i am getting fouled but the ref does not give me a free kick. Dont get me wrong i am getting free kicks but i want more around and in the box.

6. Also the back heels and flicks that the CPU overdo.

Maybe all this is because i started a new ML and my players TS is 49-50.

I would upload some vids but our internet is playing up. I can surf the net but no uploading or downloading as it is too slow.

Last edited:
Hmm... dont think you can uninstall. That's a shame as that was the reason i got the physical copy of the game.

The more i am playing this game the more i am getting bugged by these things....

1. Player switching is the worst ive seen in PES. Even when i pass the ball along the wing to my winger i will be given control of my CF.

2. Trying to pass to the person furthest away is 99% cut out by my closest player, that is really really bugging me because i hold the button down longer so the pass is harder and because the pass is harder the player that cuts it out struggles to control it and it can lead to a CPU pick up. Also on the same subject when the CPU plays longer passes the closest player jumps over it, why doesnt my player do that?

3. At the moment it feels like there is no midfield. Maybe it is the way i am playing but there is such a gulf between my defenders and my attackers.

5. The amount of times i am getting fouled but the ref does not give me a free kick. Dont get me wrong i am getting free kicks but i want more around and in the box.

6. Also the back heels and flicks that the CPU overdo.

Maybe all this is because i started a new ML and my players TS is 49-50.

I would upload some vids but our internet is playing up. I can surf the net but no uploading or downloading as it is too slow.

You're right geeee . . .I wonder which bright spark got the idea of making the gameplay faster and end to end .. .. I know when the update came out the pace had slowed down but it wasn't that bad .. . .the online boys must have had a kiniption and threatened a rebellion. . .now there's no penos. . . .. fuckall fouls .. .all to keep the game flowing for the myclubbers. . . .it's now unrecognizable from the demo. . . it's behaving like Pes 2016. . . .I've played it a few times now and you're right about the player switching and trying to pass to the furthest player .. . . I . . . like you thought it was my team spirit and started Ml a couple of times but it's still the same. . .. and to make matters worse they seem to have fucked with the variety of goals .. . it's gone back to the little dribbles in the box and toe pokes in the corner and then the AI is so dumb it will pass it backwards when in the box with a clear chance to score so some guy can lash it in from outside the box . . . .. the constant long ball either into the box for your man to trap it perfectly and knock it past your keeper or long ball to the wing. . . .as for this new thing of an AI player walking with the ball without even dribbling and 5 of my players can't seem to tackle him. . . .all of a sudden in the last half hour of each match the gameplay opens up and gives you the advantage and just as you're about to score an AI toe saves the day. . . can't even get a shot off. And yet it throws up a great game now and again.

How the fuck they can go from what we had to this I'll never know .. .they've actually gone backwards.

Iv'e been away for a while, sorry for not keeping up with your stories. But i see some new patch and people restarting their MLs... don't you want to join me on PES5? :P

Anyway finally was able to complet my 1st half season on D1.

Master League Chapter 12: D1 Season 1 In with the big boys
(featuring the worst injury crisis I ever experienced in PES history!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off Season Friendly results:
Vs B. Dortmund (1-0 loss)
Vs B. Munich (2-1 win!)
Vs Real Madrid (3-1 win!)
Vs Barcelona (3-2 loss)
Vs Juventus (1-1)
Vs Ac Milan (2-1 win)

New signings:

GK - Mark Shwarzer
He was willing to move so I got him cheap.

CF - Paco Alcacer
I couldn't hire any of the OMFs I had my eye on, so I went for this CF instead.
He will play up front with Spano who moves to the left side of attack.
This means Fetfatzidis will go back to OMF and Will Huges to CMF.

The only default players left in my starting eleven are one of the CBs and both SBs.
I will be looking to replace them next (although the default RSB, K. Iijima has kind of grown on me). I will give priority to finding a CB with the D Line special ability to help keep the shape of the defensive line better ( I play line defence)

And the new season gets under way!
No gentle D1 start for me, its Chelsea and Liverpool in the first 2 matches =)
Lets see...this is the Premier League now!

1st league game Vs Chelsea (3-0 win!)
Ok, don't be deceived by the score, this was by no means an easy win.
Chelsea played a really really defensive 4-5-1 with Diego Costa as the lone striker.
So I switched the attack level up and let them have some.
A simple stat, shots on goal me(20) Chelsea(5).
I tried and tried but every shot hit some leg on the way to the goal.
Finally managed to break them but only mid 2nd half or so.
Then they were forced out and I applied 2 cynical blows in the last 10 minutes.
We hit the ground running!

Oh and Aromga (my LMF) is finally gelling with the team. E even scored in the last match and got the man of the match award.

2nd league game Vs Liverpool (2-2)
I lead most of the game 2-1 but learn a lesson about D1.
Here you must protect your lead. I kept committing too many players to the attack and got punished. In the end I had to stop a few waves as they pushed for the win in the last 10 minutes.

3rd league game Vs West Ham (5-2 win)
An utter trashing against my old rivals from D2.
I went up 4-0 and decided to go for the humiliation and keep attacking which lead to 2 quick fire goals from them, but then I contained myself a bit more and ended up scoring the 5th.

4th league game Vs Sunderland (4-1 win)
Sunderland were top of the league with 3 straight wins.
I went in with everything at the start of the game and scored early.
Then they dominated a large chunck where they equalized.
But I finished them off on the counter attack.

My tactic:
Just to write a note about how my formation is really bearing fruits now (the 4-42 diamond).
I'm particularly happy with how my SMFs participate in attack and defense.
In attack they provide with on the side of the ball and the opposite side attacks the box, where they show up often in great shooting/heading positions.
In defence they cover the flank so that the SB can double on the wingers to provide great stopping power.
My CMF and OMF also push fwd and show up for square balls in shooting positions.
The only weakness is that I sometimes leave myself a bit exposed on the counter, but I can live with that.

5th league game vs Man UTD (2-2)
I dominated and went 2-0 up, but they scored 2 amazing goals: a scissor kick from RVPersie into the bottom corner and a first time thunderbolt voley from Falcao who came in on the 2nd half.

This makes me 3rd in the league so far... not bad!
Only bad news is Rodrigo De Paul my RMF got injured and will be away 5 weeks...he has been a star performer lately, this is gona be a big impact as i need to reshuffle the starting eleven.

6th league game Vs Man City (0-0)
Total stalemate, they defend the best ive seen a cpu team defend.

7th league game vs Arsenal (1-1)
It was another balanced game.
I scored first in the 1st half. and then I had problems with endurance again.
My players became noticeably tired and in the last 10 minutes Arsenal equalized and the game ended with me on the back foot.

I'm starting to feel the pressure of having no bench. When i have an injury or accumulated fatigue things stop clicking in attack straight away.

8th league game Vs Fulham (1-0 win)
The fatigue is still accumulating and to make matters worse my left back gets injured early (he will be out for 3 weeks). I struggle for lack of pace but squeeze through with a win due to a lucky goal where the ball rebouds off a defender's legs and finds my CF one on one with thee keeper.

At least I will now get a run of games against weaker teams.
I'm in 2nd place 6 pts from the leaders Chelsea (they have all wins except that season opener where I trashed them)

9th league game Vs Newcastle (3-1 loss)
The misery keeps compounding. This is getting ridiculous now. I get yet another injury, this time its my CF P. Alcacer who will be out for 2 weeks. The fatigue makes my defenders really slow and in the 2nd half their lone CF terrorises my 2 CBs getting shots on goal from left front and center.

I drop to 3rd in the league.
1) Chelsea 24Pts
2) Man City 18Pts
3) Southampton (me) 16pts

Funny that Aromga my troubled LMF at the moment seems like the best player in the team he's the only one with stamina left.

D1 Cup R1 Vs Man City away(2-0 loss)
My star OMF Fetfatzidis gets injured... no comment.
My team really needs a rest. I cant string 3 passes together.

I now have 4 of my starting eleven injured for another week.

10th league game Vs Everton (0-0)
A drab drab affair. Nothing to report. Just a bunch of tired players running around trying not to trip on the ball.
At least 3 of my injured players are back next week, will I risk playng them with a grey arrow?

11th league game Vs Stoke (5-0 win)
Ok with Fetfatzidis back its much easier to create danger in attack.
I score 2 early goals and then sit back and enjoy breaking them on the counter.
But again im plagued by the injury machine...when will this end?
Spano my star CF out for 1 week, and my replacement LSB out for 1 week.

I'm back in 2nd place in the league (level on 20 pts with Man City)
But Chelsea lead by 10 pts

12th league game Vs Derby County (2-2)
I scored 2 1st half goals and have only myself to blame for not holding for the win in a rainy soaked day. At least no one got injured!
This draw puts me back in 3rd behind Chelsea and Man City.

D1 Cup R1 2nd leg Vs Man City home (6-3 win)(1st leg had lost 2-0)
O
M
F
G
!

This was one of the most incredible games I ever played against the AI.
Even with Spano still injured (my top scorer) I just decided to go all out for attack and explore the tendency of their full backs to bomb fwd. It left my defence a bit exposed, as they counter puched almost all my inital goals, but when I got to 5-2 I turned to full on defence and it worked, they still scored the 3rd by i also managed to sneak one on the counter.
I had 2 penalties in my favour (one of them was bullshit, but hey who cares!) There were some cracking goals, the most memorable being a long shot from the left wing after the keeper coming out to kick the ball, it landed on my LMF's feet. I controlled the ball and then unleashed a shot over the back-pedalling keeper, the ball gained a slight lofted backspin and when cleanly under the bar, so good that I jumped of my chair!

best come back ever!

13th league game vs Tottenham (2-2)
Spano is back from injury. Finaly the crisis seems to be over, players are still a bit tired, but my starting 11 is all fit after a long dark period.
This was another exciting game, this time I chase the whole time. Finaly getting the equalizer 5 minutes from the end with a brilliant scisor kick by Spano!

14th league game vs WestBrom (3-2 win)
I'm on a roll now. It really makes a difference to not have any injuries at the moment.
And the games against the AI have been wonderful lately, sooo balanced.
Really enjoying it atm.

But the league leaders are relentless, I'm still 3rd, 1 pt behind Manc City. Chelsea still leads by 10 points.

15th league game vs QPR(2-0 win)
No big story here. I dominated the midfield and took it easy to save stamina.

D1 Cup quarter final 1st leg at home Vs Chelsea (3-3)
A very hard fought game. Terrible result for me considering its a 2 legs knock out.
lets see...

And we reach the halfway line!
Financially i'm pretty strong so I will try to buy some player to strengthen the defence, which is proving a bit leaky of late.

Next chapter find out my new signings and if I manage qualify for the champions league =)

R1/RB (dummy a pass) helps sometimes - if the two receivers are lined up nicely. IMO the current method would be perfect if R1 would work consistently, because it does allow you to control pass speed, even to that closer receiver.

IMO, A/D levels green or above can result in end to end (like København-Leicester last week). How about dropping down A/D? And marking CPU CF tightly.

Which formation? Our 4-2-3-1 closes the midfield very effectively with lower A/Ds.

I am also using Matt's 5 second fix in my league.

Some matches can be end to end. OTOH, played a match on Friday where we had great trouble getting out of our own half.

Last edited:
I can't enjoy the master league. Every time at point in my master league year, there is always cheating. The input lag, can't string two passes together, the striker misses 20 shots, 90min goal with just 1 chance, no penalty. Gosh, it's so awful.

I can't enjoy the master league. Every time at point in my master league year, there is always cheating. The input lag, can't string two passes together, the striker misses 20 shots, 90min goal with just 1 chance, no penalty. Gosh, it's so awful.

Since a couple of days ago this is what's happening.

I'm sorry mates but all these changes in gameplay are for consoles only? I'm on pc and I didn't notice no changes especially in pace. I'm wrong?

My theory is that the cpu affects the human players effectiveness at certain times during a match (moving slower, running slower, turning slower, passing , shooting slower etc). Im ok with this as it does try to simulate the ebbs and flows of real matches.

It forces the human player to dig deeper for solutions (tactics , strategy and the way you play), which I think shows the depth of this game.

Back
Top Bottom