The Master League adventures thread

Yes! Got our first win in over 2 months and it happens on our star strikers comeback from injury he laid it off for Mora who is covering for our first choice left winger

That goal was such a relief after being a run that was truly awful and full of injuries and bad luck i wasnt going to risk losing the lead so went Italian style and defended the rest of the game to win 1-0 a play off spot would be near impossible as we are 16 points off with 20 to play but with everyone back from injury i might have a slight chance

Yes! Got our first win in over 2 months and it happens on our star strikers comeback from injury he laid it off for Mora who is covering for our first choice left winger

That goal was such a relief after being a run that was truly awful and full of injuries and bad luck i wasnt going to risk losing the lead so went Italian style and defended the rest of the game to win 1-0 a play off spot would be near impossible as we are 16 points off with 20 to play but with everyone back from injury i might have a slight chance
Nice one.
I usually close down shop when leading/protecting a lead/draw.
That's the good thing with 20 min,game changes a lot.
Hope you'll get a better run now

Im on 12 minute minute games rockstrongo i usually play longer games for semi final or cup finals after all you spend all season trying to get there makes them more epic.I wish i invested more pre season didnt get this many injuries im my first ML while waiting for the patch 4 players injured at the same time for weeks you had many?

I just downloaded goalgerd's amzing file and will be starting a new ML, sorry Barnsley :(

I am thinking of starting life in Brazil with Santa Cruz one of the weaker teams. Does anybody know how the Brazil league works? I know there is no relegation or promotion and it starts with the Copa Cup or something.

Also do you know if it's possible to manage a team outside of Brazil later on in my career. I really feel like starting quite low down and then moving around the world with my career. Eventually managing Tottenham and winning the treble :)

I just downloaded goalgerd's amzing file and will be starting a new ML, sorry Barnsley :(

I am thinking of starting life in Brazil with Santa Cruz one of the weaker teams. Does anybody know how the Brazil league works? I know there is no relegation or promotion and it starts with the Copa Cup or something.
Brazil :TU:. That's where I will start my next ML if I need a restart.

Someone said that you should include additional leagues (PEU, PLA?) at the start so that you can add a Serie B later if need be.

Brazil :TU:. That's where I will start my next ML if I need a restart.

Someone said that you should include additional leagues (PEU, PLA?) at the start so that you can add a Serie B later if need be.
Thanks James yeh I will add the leagues at the beginning but they will be used for Bundesliga and MLS I think. I'm using goalgerds file. I'm not worried about only having the one league more concerned if I am able to get a job in Europe eventually.

Thanks James yeh I will add the leagues at the beginning but they will be used for Bundesliga and MLS I think. I'm using goalgerds file. I'm not worried about only having the one league more concerned if I am able to get a job in Europe eventually.

A bit cocky there Geeee?. . . ..from Barnsley to Brazil and then world domination with your 'career' .. . . . .and there's me languishing in mid table of Serie B hoping for a playoff place.

A bit cocky there Geeee?. . . ..from Barnsley to Brazil and then world domination with your 'career' .. . . . .and there's me languishing in mid table of Serie B hoping for a playoff place.
:LOL: I much prefer the weather in Brazil.

Why don't you go for the Barnsley job?

Are you using a different OF now Deco?

:LOL: I much prefer the weather in Brazil.

Why don't you go for the Barnsley job?

Are you using a different OF now Deco?

Lol. . .Barnsley . . who are they? . .. exactly.. . . same OF geeeee ... .loving this game. . . put Rossi my striker on the transfer list as he wasn't putting in a shift . .he didn't do a tap all season. . turned down two cheap offers for him and had to play him in the next match due to injuries. . .it was like he was fighting to stay with the club . .. played awesome . .scored the winner and had several attempts to score and was everywhere on the pitch.. . .coincidence? . . Probably. . .so I took him off the transfer list. . .. . . I saw him looking at brochures of Brazil in the dressing room. .. . just another coincidence I'd say.

MLS.....for fucks sake G!
Need to erase that pronto,who the hell creates MLS?
Having a laugh?
MLS ....
Brazil,that's cool,it should be a few licenced teams in the "rest of South America"
Think they have a tricky system,seems like Argentina and Chile have the same,rival meetings and so on.
Give my luv to Ronnie Biggs if you go down there

Last edited:
Hellas Verona,away at The Bentegodi,another day in Italy boys and girls.
They scored on me in the first minute!
My boys hadn't even got their hair in order.
Came back in the 12th minute though,ball into the box a bit of a scramble,then it felt I had all the time in the world and calmly placed it under the keeper for 1-1
Spent the rest of the game chasing the next goal,they defended quite aggressive,tough team.
In the 86th minute I finally had a chance and banged it home for 2-1.
Scored 3-1 on a breakaway last minute to seal the deal.
3-1

Fantastic game,just stunned every game how good it plays.
Felt a little scripted,or in their favour,my players felt sluggish,could be the fact that I played a few out of position.
Lesson learned,my squad,not counting players out on loan,are only 23 deep,and having two key players out injured,and three other players in shit shape,it's tough,very tough.
Might need to pick up 2 more next window.

Up to fourth now,4 pts behind leaders Inter.
And...day game,7/9 now.
Probably a fucking placebo...

Im on 12 minute minute games rockstrongo i usually play longer games for semi final or cup finals after all you spend all season trying to get there makes them more epic.I wish i invested more pre season didnt get this many injuries im my first ML while waiting for the patch 4 players injured at the same time for weeks you had many?
9 games into my season,I've had 2 so far.
Usually have around 5-7 per season.
Hopefully you've had your share of inj,I try to sub my very tired players,especially the fw and L/R MF,if they're very tired and get tackled,often an injury,and being very tired seems to make the inj worse.
I hardly have any on the DF though.
I played 12 min games on PES 15,but I feel 20 is great for me,doesn't feel long either,
Play a lot of NBA2K,on realistic settings,which means 48m games,so every game takes about 1,5 hour...

@rockstrongo, i'm not really into MLS myself but i have to say that when ive watched a game they are very 'arcadey' end to end. I think its becuase the defending is pretty bad and the teams just attack with a 'you score we score' attitude.

Actually i made a couple of MLS teams in PES5 when Beckham and Henry went there so dont knock it :P

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - JANUARY

The transfer window opened with the immediate arrival of Scott Golbourne on loan for the rest of the season from Bristol City and a new Goalkeeper in 22 year old Alessio Cragno arriving from Latina Calcio for a fee of €2m. The press release also came alongside the news that the club were unable to negotiate a new loan deal for Riccardo Marchizza who has gone back to parent club Roma. The two new arrivals started the last game of the first half of the season the following day against Spal 2013 in which i galletti lost 2-1 to continue their run of being - as Gazzetta dello Sport described - 'consistently inconsistent'.

Worse news was to come after the game with two players announcing their retirement, Franco Brienza decided that a new contract at Bari or elsewhere were not in his best interests and secondly in a massive shock to everyone, the big man Luca Toni announced his season at Bari will be his last, a real sad day for Italian football. We also heard that out of favour forward Riccardo Maniero would be leaving to join NEC in the Netherlands for €500k. The manager Ryan losing three strikers in the space of 24 hours.

CcQIVo5.png

The next fixture against Pro Vercelli was a game of two cruel own goals, Bari conceding early yet again when Sabelli made a last ditch effort to stop a cross but only managed to divert the ball into his own net, they equalised in the second half when a wild shot ricocheted of an unsuspecting defender, the goals weren't pretty and neither was the match.

Losing the first goal early is a habit Ryan's side is finding hard to break, with Perugia also scoring the first goal when veteran Brighi scored a long ranger, Monachello pulled a goal back before half time with a header and in the dying seconds Martinho slotted home a low cross for an amazing comeback.

In the week after the game against Grifoni Bari unvelied the double loan signings of centre back Emanniele Terranova and forward Antonino Ragusa, two good signings in normal circumstances but the Manager will surely be disappointed not to have made a permanent signing and to miss out on his two first choice centre back targets in Marchizza and Seb Luperto of Pro Vercelli. Ryan said defeatedly "That's probably all our business for January, we'll have to look at replacing Luca and Franco in the summer but for now they have work to do"

The two new signings started away at Ascoli with Ragusa looking particularly bright but the visitors did not convert their dominance into a result losing 1-0 in a true smash and grab raid from Picchio. Ryan repeated the aggressive pressing style in the next game against Brescia and it paid off with Monachello scoring a header in the first half after great pressing persistence by Luca Toni and Romizi scoring from 20 yards in the second half, the win placing Bari 12th in the table.

On the last day of the transfer window Ryan tried to raise enough money to bring in his #1 target, Luperto of Pro Vercelli by selling Fedato for a million euros and young goalkeeper Gori, but had to settle for a loan deal for the later meaning that he was agonisingly short of funds as the window slammed shut.

Results
Spal 2013 2 - 1 Bari - Goal: Romizi. MoM: Martinho
Pro Vercelli 1 - 1 Bari - Goal: OG. MoM: Ivan
Bari 2 - 1 Perugia - Goals: Monachello, Martinho. MoM: Monachello
Ascoli 1 - 0 Bari - MoM: Ragusa
Bari 2 - 1 Brescia - Goals: Monachello, Romizi. MoM: Romizi

W9 D6 L10 PTS33
Pos: 12th

Player Of The Month: Marco Romizi - A second PotM award for the energetic box-to-boxer scoring two goals and setting up another

Goal Of The Month: Marco Romizi vs Brescia - A superb first touch taking the ball away from the defender gave the midfielder the space to rocket a shot into the bottom corner from 20 yards

Transfers Out
CB Riccardo Marchizza - Roma (End Of Loan)
CF Riccardo Maniero - NEC (€500k)
LW Francesco Fedato - Cardiff (€1m)
GK Stefano Gori - Blackburn Rovers (Loan)
RB Giuseppe Scalera - SV Roda JC (Loan)

Transfers In
LB Scott Golbourne - Bristol City (Loan)
GK Alessio Cragno - Latina Calico (€2m)
CB Emanuele Terranova - Sassuolo (Loan)
SS Antonino Ragusa - Sassuolo (Loan)

@rockstrongo, i'm not really into MLS myself but i have to say that when ive watched a game they are very 'arcadey' end to end. I think its becuase the defending is pretty bad and the teams just attack with a 'you score we score' attitude.

Actually i made a couple of MLS teams in PES5 when Beckham and Henry went there so dont knock it :P
I usually watch a MLS game a week,late Sunday night when there's nothing else on,yeah defending is horrible in that league.
Just having a laugh mate

Well never thought I'd do it, but cheated, well cheated the cheater. Playing PSG and for some bizarre reason my guy up the wing inexplicably just looks like he attempts a slide tackle when my player put him free up wing, defender runs back intercepts two passes later and skills galore 1-0'down, lose another and then my defender does a runaway and bang 3-0, starting to get a tad pissed and then my defender stops then controller disconnected pops up (only seems to do this on pes) and Di Maria makes it 4-0, so fuck you CPU, I switch off and replay and beat them 3-2. Get it up you!!!!

FD

Was playing Newell's Old Boys at home. Crazy. We are defending for our lives from the get go. CPU has a pass rate of over 90% (superstar). Things happen so fast my head is spinning. We get one good counter in the second half: 1-0. Then we're just defending again the entire time. We don't get any time at all with the ball. They squeeze us inside our box and it's 1-1. And it ends like that, shots 2-4. And this was a 20 minute match.

One of the most distressing matches I have ever played. :SHOCK: Who needs horror movies when you've got PES 2017.

Heading for a bad spell.
Barely beat Verona last game,and started my game vs Udines,I had to abort that after 25 min though,but for that period I played horrible,Udinese read every move I made,think I need to start games differently or use a different tactic for a few games.
Wish PES 17 had the same function as 2K,you save and then start it up later mid game

Started my Udinese game again,just like the last time didn't stand a chance.
Against Udinese at home.
Freekick count 1-14.
Lost the game 1-0.
Clearly the games way of saying "forget it pal"
Almost broke my controller during this game
So fucking mad right now,piece of shit game.scripted as fuck,one good thing,they don't make CPU ultra good when scripting just your team completely stupid.

@rockstrongo where are Udinese in the league? You at home?

If the CPU team is in the bottom 5 i normally drop down a level because they play better. Also if you are at home change the grass length to short or normal, goalgerd says it plays better.

@rockstrongo where are Udinese in the league? You at home?

If the CPU team is in the bottom 5 i normally drop down a level because they play better. Also if you are at home change the grass length to short or normal, goalgerd says it plays better.
Think they're in 9th place,yeah me at home,play on normal.
Felt like uber powered robots,ball on a string no way to get it from them.
Don't mind those things,but the freekick count...horrible
Just had a game after,same shit.

Played another game,Fiorentina away.
Turned it off in the 80th minute,to pissed off to play.
Think it's a mix,my small squad getting tired,scripting,predictable gaming by me.
But the freekicks has disappeared completely,corners never being dangerous,not being able to get the ball from the CPU,classic signs of CPU cheat.
Guess it's something you'll always have to deal with in these games

Started my Udinese game again,just like the last time didn't stand a chance.
Against Udinese at home.
Freekick count 1-14.
Lost the game 1-0.
Clearly the games way of saying "forget it pal"
Almost broke my controller during this game
So fucking mad right now,piece of shit game.scripted as fuck,one good thing,they don't make CPU ultra good when scripting just your team completely stupid.

Let it go man! I know those matches, they´re so stupid. I won´t accept them anymore, as soon as I see stupid things leading to a CPU goal, I turn it off... hasn´t happen lately though.

Had a session these last days, a rough schedule ahead of me, so it was a good test to see how far can we go.

FA cup, Birmingham at home. No surprise here, we played good before, and we kept playing good. Dominated possession, passing and shooting by far. Birmingham were to passive and we won 2-0. When Birmingham tried to wake up, it was too late.

Manchester united, home match. A quick look at their eleven and I knew we actually had a chance, Man isn´t really that powerfull, but still... We kept our calm and played our possession game... Man Utd seemed a bit passive, no pressure, waiting for the counter. We realised that and tried to push more and more, oportunities were rising and we believed w could do something here. Almost ending the 1st half and and dangerous cross, Lobato gets it, and De Gea couldn´t reach it! 1-0!!! Wow! Man Utd tried hard to get back on track, but their long ball tactic wasn´t working, and if they tried to pass on the midifield our players were too on fire and stoped nearly everything. Ibra only got into the match later on the second half, and he played like IRL, receiving long balls with his chest, holding it, shooting etc, but no luck. We won this important match and morale was on fire!!

Arsenal, home match.
This one was way harder, tight match all around. it was like we were studying each other through all the match. Lots os midfield play, and little chances for both. We finally could crack their defense with a through pass to Arbeloa, who crosses inside the box and Lobato, alone, heads it in. Cech still palms it out, but the ball didi went in! 1-0.
Almost no time to celebrate, Arsenal scored right in their next oportunity, with a through ball to Wellbeck, who didn´t miss. 1-1 final result, nothing special happened after their goal, but it was a great match.

Watford, away match, against a rival team. Another great balanced match. Too bad we had some players out of form, including Lobato and Negredo. Playing with a diferent attack costs us the match, and our attackers Mor and Bernardechi couldn´t understand each other and chances were very rare. We were marking their forwards and R Pereyra took a lead after finding some space on the box, as our CB´s Walker and Hall were following the CF's. 1-0 and we couldn´t do much after that. Fair result, lost three points wich leaves us in 9th for now, but overall the exhibitions have been great and we really have a chance on the top places for a Euro League qualifiers if we can keep this form.

Back
Top Bottom