The Master League adventures thread

Think they're in 9th place,yeah me at home,play on normal.
Felt like uber powered robots,ball on a string no way to get it from them.
Don't mind those things,but the freekick count...horrible
Just had a game after,same shit.

That's weird Rock . .I had a few games like that tonight . .felt like when Pes 2016 first came out .. . .couldn't get near the ball. . .horrible scripted goals . .I kept changing my tactics thinking it was my fault.. . 1st minute of each game the AI would score the same goal. . .quick passing to the right of the box and bang goal everytime .and to top it all I had a two legged Tim cup match and won the first leg at home 2-1 then played the second leg away and lost 3-2 . .thought I went through on away goals but no. . . ..penos . ...and got knocked out .. .strange thing was when they were winning 2-1 and we were level on aggregate they kept bringing the ball to the corner flag to waste time . . .why?. . .. they weren't leading.

That's weird Rock . .I had a few games like that tonight . .felt like when Pes 2016 first came out .. . .couldn't get near the ball. . .horrible scripted goals . .I kept changing my tactics thinking it was my fault.. . 1st minute of each game the AI would score the same goal. . .quick passing to the right of the box and bang goal everytime .and to top it all I had a two legged Tim cup match and won the first leg at home 2-1 then played the second leg away and lost 3-2 . .thought I went through on away goals but no. . . ..penos . ...and got knocked out .. .strange thing was when they were winning 2-1 and we were level on aggregate they kept bringing the ball to the corner flag to waste time . . .why?. . .. they weren't leading.
Weird as hell,the game felt off today,strange
Yeah,why waste time when you're level?
Played my Fiorentina game again,same shit,felt better in the second,still OP,and Fiorentina just went coast to coast,no build up whatsoever
Snatched a draw.
Acctually don't mind the ups and downs,in my case,those are realistic,small squad,a few inj on key players etc,adds to the game,but the gameplay being shit,that's not to much fun
Won't be playing for a few days,not up for it now
Hope you'll sort your gaming pal,and it returns to its usual greatness

Last edited:
Let it go man! I know those matches, they´re so stupid. I won´t accept them anymore, as soon as I see stupid things leading to a CPU goal, I turn it off... hasn´t happen lately though.

Had a session these last days, a rough schedule ahead of me, so it was a good test to see how far can we go.

FA cup, Birmingham at home. No surprise here, we played good before, and we kept playing good. Dominated possession, passing and shooting by far. Birmingham were to passive and we won 2-0. When Birmingham tried to wake up, it was too late.

Manchester united, home match. A quick look at their eleven and I knew we actually had a chance, Man isn´t really that powerfull, but still... We kept our calm and played our possession game... Man Utd seemed a bit passive, no pressure, waiting for the counter. We realised that and tried to push more and more, oportunities were rising and we believed w could do something here. Almost ending the 1st half and and dangerous cross, Lobato gets it, and De Gea couldn´t reach it! 1-0!!! Wow! Man Utd tried hard to get back on track, but their long ball tactic wasn´t working, and if they tried to pass on the midifield our players were too on fire and stoped nearly everything. Ibra only got into the match later on the second half, and he played like IRL, receiving long balls with his chest, holding it, shooting etc, but no luck. We won this important match and morale was on fire!!

Arsenal, home match.
This one was way harder, tight match all around. it was like we were studying each other through all the match. Lots os midfield play, and little chances for both. We finally could crack their defense with a through pass to Arbeloa, who crosses inside the box and Lobato, alone, heads it in. Cech still palms it out, but the ball didi went in! 1-0.
Almost no time to celebrate, Arsenal scored right in their next oportunity, with a through ball to Wellbeck, who didn´t miss. 1-1 final result, nothing special happened after their goal, but it was a great match.

Watford, away match, against a rival team. Another great balanced match. Too bad we had some players out of form, including Lobato and Negredo. Playing with a diferent attack costs us the match, and our attackers Mor and Bernardechi couldn´t understand each other and chances were very rare. We were marking their forwards and R Pereyra took a lead after finding some space on the box, as our CB´s Walker and Hall were following the CF's. 1-0 and we couldn´t do much after that. Fair result, lost three points wich leaves us in 9th for now, but overall the exhibitions have been great and we really have a chance on the top places for a Euro League qualifiers if we can keep this form.
yeah might take you up on that,sim shit games,it's not worth the aggro
Good results man,you're looking sharp!

Weird as hell,the game felt off today,strange
Yeah,why waste time when you're level?
Played my Fiorentina game again,same shit,felt better in the second,still OP,and Fiorentina just went coast to coast,no build up whatsoever
Snatched a draw.
Acctually don't mind the ups and downs,in my case,those are realistic,small squad,a few inj on key players etc,adds to the game,but the gameplay being shit,that's not to much fun
Won't be playing for a few days,not up for it now
Hope you'll sort your gaming pal,and it returns to its usual greatness

It was like the game was secretly patched or something. . . .matches were played at high speed as well . .. .hope it was a one off bad day. . .I wouldn't have mentioned it until I saw your post.

It was like the game was secretly patched or something. . . .matches were played at high speed as well . .. .hope it was a one off bad day. . .I wouldn't have mentioned it until I saw your post.
yes,very weird,pace faster than it usually is
I'm gonna try it later on again

I had a "syncing pes 17 data" before I started playing earlier this.
don't think that has anything to do with the gameplay,but some of it always has contact with servers so,who knows.

went offline before my game vs Chievo, just to be safe,game played amazing,just like before.
a very hard,no end to end either,equal free kick count,ended 2-0 me.
amazing game,Bacca had 5 chances,missed them all,a total of 14 shots for me,4 on goal.
got 2vs2 when I stole the ball,a weighted pass between their defenders and Bacca battled his way into the box,defender climbing on him,took a crappy shot that went in.
1-0
10 minute later, after a free kick, ball to Mertens who can't sniped in a shot from the edge of the box.
2-0
top game,really had to work hard for this one.
having Mahrez an Sane out for 3 more weeks,plus three players on red arrows and two-three fatigued I'm playing players out of their position just to get a team on the pitch,late november,a and I must get a few in when the window opens
4th place,8pts behind Juve.
and 10th day game of 13

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - FEBRUARY

Manager Robbie Ryan had to put his disappointment to one side, missing out on some transfer targets in the previous month, as he focused on the next run of games. The first 3 games in February were in the space of 7 and with the intense fixture schedule at the end of January that meant that players would need to be rested. Youngsters Yebli and Capradossi took their opportunity in the first game at home to Cesena where i galletti ground out a clean sheet with a strong defensive and attacking performance but were also unable to score.

The next game away at Frosnioni saw further rotation with Daprela making a rare start in place of the impressive Golbourne. Bari took the lead with an impressive flicked header by man of the match Ragusa but conceded in the second half to make it two consecutive draws. That run became 3 draws when a fatigued Bari slipped behind against Novara before finding the energy to make another remarkable comeback in the second half with a Luca Toni Header and Romizi toe poke. There was disaster in the dying seconds however when Novara's Kupisz scored an equaliser to deny Bari the win.

That win did finally come in the following game at home to Vicenza when the big man Luca Toni slotted home an inside pass from Ivan into the near post. Ryan played Romizi more advanced in midfield than usual to help join the attacks and it paid off in a game where Biancorossi looked shaky in defence, Romizi really should have finished the game off in the 2nd half when put clean through by Toni but shanked his shot wide of the post with just the keeper to beat.

The month ended in spectacular fashion with Bari scoring three goals for the first time this season, all three courtesy of the big man Luca Toni who showed his true quality in a fantastic individual display in which teammate Migjem Basha joked "Hopefully that will make him reconsider retiring!" Bari beat Trapani 3-1 with the conceded goal a mere blip in an otherwise brutal display of strength. Bari finished the month undefeated for the first time and pushed themselves to 9th place with 12 games to go.

U60cmCW.jpg

Player Of The Month: Luca Toni - It was a nailed on award for Ragusa before the final game of the month, But Luca Toni's spectacular hat trick made it 5 goals in the month and that alone is worthy of the monthly gong.

Goal Of The Month: Antonino Ragusa vs Frosnioni - Not spectacular, just a wonderfully deft flick of a header that looped over the 'keeper in the far corner

Results
Bari 0 - 0 Cesena - MoM: Ragusa
Frosnioni 1-1 Bari - Goal: Ragusa, MoM: Ragusa
Bari 2-2 Novara - Goals: Toni, Romizi. MoM: Toni
Bari 1-0 Vicenza - Goal: Toni. MoM: Ivan
Trapani 1-3 Bari Goals: Toni (3). MoM: Toni

d7WKpZv.png

Last edited:
What player switching do you guys use?

To me the player switching is frustrating. I have to click 3 or sometimes 4 times before it goes to correct player.

For example in a game i played earlier my player went in for a challenge, the ball went loose as the CPU player stumbled and my player was still on his feet but then control went to a player further away. By the time i got there the other CPU player got the ball.

With all this talk of scripting - which I don't deny - I must say that at this point of the season I have a clear picture of what is the most important determinant of match outcome: me.

If I try to grind the same old thing, am frustrated, or am too tired to keep up with the pace, I am done. The only thing that helps me is sitting down to think about what I am doing wrong.

Interestingly enough, I think this effect is amplified by gameplay mechanics. If I allow the CPU to dominate, it will be a snowball effect. In particular, if I allow them to dominate shots, my complete destruction is only a matter of time. Probably player emotions in action.

I had a prime example of this today. In my quest to conquer superstar, I played the same match a couple of times. Outgunned in all except the last, where I first sat down (once again) to think of my main footie principles. Then I relaxed, decided that I would have a minimum of 10 shots, and followed my principles: won 1-0, outshot the CPU 10-3. Went ultra defensive at the end to close the shop. CPU pass rate 87%, our rate 85%.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on my mindset, I believe the fate of my team is mostly in my own hands, literally.

To me the player switching is frustrating. I have to click 3 or sometimes 4 times before it goes to correct player.

For example in a game i played earlier my player went in for a challenge, the ball went loose as the CPU player stumbled and my player was still on his feet but then control went to a player further away. By the time i got there the other CPU player got the ball.
I am using right stick switching more and more.

With all this talk of scripting - which I don't deny - I must say that at this point of the season I have a clear picture of what is the most important determinant of match outcome: me.

If I try to grind the same old thing, am frustrated, or am too tired to keep up with the pace, I am done. The only thing that helps me is sitting down to think about what I am doing wrong.

Interestingly enough, I think this effect is amplified by gameplay mechanics. If I allow the CPU to dominate, it will be a snowball effect. In particular, if I allow them to dominate shots, my complete destruction is only a matter of time. Probably player emotions in action.

I had a prime example of this today. In my quest to conquer superstar, I played the same match a couple of times. Outgunned in all except the last, where I first sat down (once again) to think of my main footie principles. Then I relaxed, decided that I would have a minimum of 10 shots, and followed my principles: won 1-0, outshot the CPU 10-3. Went ultra defensive at the end to close the shop. CPU pass rate 87%, our rate 85%.

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on my mindset, I believe the fate of my team is mostly in my own hands, literally.
Absolutely,mixing it up every 5-10 games is always good,the CPU learns how you play.
And always play relaxed

Semi switching,and also right stick

Thanks, how does that work? Does it take a while to get used to?
My semi switching switches to the nearest to the ball,even though I switch manually at the same time,just to be safe,nearest to the ball is the one you switch to.
Right stick I use that to switch fast to my last man,or if I attack,the one upfront.
Might go all manual,since I do it anyway.
I think Konami should be better at switching,especially when there's a rebound in front off the goal,you often switch to the wrong player there

Strange games tonight
Milan vs Frosinone
This was I game that I had to work very hard in,they didn't let up anything,pressured me right,and solid in the back.
Finally got a goal in the 43rd m,a shot parried,Pasalic got it on his foot in front of goal and 1-0
Pretty much backed home and defended the rest of the game.
Ended 1-0, first night game in a while.

Milan vs Roma
A very passive Roma,they conceded on a corner,own goal.
2-0 came after a few chances in their box,ended up with me heading far corner,over their GK.
3-0 also a header,cross and a header first post.
16(8)-3(2) in shots.
Very passive Roma,I controlled the game easily.
Also a night game,wonder if Konami has got the schedule right,more night games during the winter.
Think it's 10/15 in day games.
Still in fourth place,three wins in a row,8pts after Juventus at the top

right stick switching is hit and miss for me, i tend to mix it up with l1 depending on the situation

I have a problem with switching as well. Playing semi and sometimes I try to manually switch, but there´s a situation where I always struggle. Picture a counter from CPU, ball in my half, I may have a DM chasing the CPU ball carrier just 2 meters behind, but the game constantly changes between my CB´s who are 10 meters away, deep in the box. It´s so frustrating sometimes, because while I´m switching players like crazy, hoping to get the right one, CPU gets into the box and usually that leads to an unmarked opponent.
I´ve got few goals against me because of that, and sometimes it´s so frustrating that I even turn off the game, it´s simply unnacceptable that I loose a match because of a game mechanics fail.

I have a problem with switching as well. Playing semi and sometimes I try to manually switch, but there´s a situation where I always struggle. Picture a counter from CPU, ball in my half, I may have a DM chasing the CPU ball carrier just 2 meters behind, but the game constantly changes between my CB´s who are 10 meters away, deep in the box.
My most common use of manual (right stick) switching is to switch to a DM.

Never analyzed it in detail, but switching in Fifa seemed to work better. Someone said that it rotates between three closest players. Maybe they have a pat. pend. on that. If not, PES should adapt the same system asap.

Game seems to be quicker paced lately. . still having some brilliant matches though. . .had to put this up which for me is a perfectly placed header .. . .. even though I lost the match 2-1!

Game seems to be quicker paced lately. . still having some brilliant matches though. . .had to put this up which for me is a perfectly placed header .. . .. even though I lost the match 2-1!

Top header mate.
I've been playing offline,still thinks there's something that has happend/happening to the gameplay while online

Top header mate.
I've been playing offline,still thinks there's something that has happend/happening to the gameplay while online

I tried both Rock it's all the same . .. strange it went from being kinda easy on Top player back to being quite hard again. . . some of the matches are brilliant if a little fast and a lot of pressure from the AI. . . . at least the scores are kept realistic.

I tried both Rock it's all the same . .. strange it went from being kinda easy on Top player back to being quite hard again. . . some of the matches are brilliant if a little fast and a lot of pressure from the AI. . . . at least the scores are kept realistic.
Strange,I know.
I had a fantastic game vs Frosinone,winning 1-0, then Roma,that was a shit game,beat them 3-0,they hardly tried to attack.
Strange as hell

Strange,I know.
I had a fantastic game vs Frosinone,winning 1-0, then Roma,that was a shit game,beat them 3-0,they hardly tried to attack.
Strange as hell

I've seen it happening before . . it's like they fuck around with it or experiment while online. .. some of the matches I've had tonight have been outstanding in parts . . amazing passages of play and yet some matches are dreadful. . .. still loving it though.

I've seen it happening before . . it's like they fuck around with it or experiment while online. .. some of the matches I've had tonight have been outstanding in parts . . amazing passages of play and yet some matches are dreadful. . .. still loving it though.
loved it when the patch came out,that's the gameplay I want,sucks if it goes backwards.
Hopefully they haven't listened to the crybabies in the ps4&xbox thread,those guys wouldn't know a good game if it was rammed up their arses.

loved it when the patch came out,that's the gameplay I want,sucks if it goes backwards.
Hopefully they haven't listened to the crybabies in the ps4&xbox thread,those guys wouldn't know a good game if it was rammed up their arses.

Looks like they've listened to somebody . .the change came very quickly .. .that's why they probably denied that the game was patched . .tested it out for feedback and then changed it again. . .just play it by ear.

Looks like they've listened to somebody . .the change came very quickly .. .that's why they probably denied that the game was patched . .tested it out for feedback and then changed it again. . .just play it by ear.
Just plain stupidity.
Loved the game as it was

Just plain stupidity.
Loved the game as it was

If you put the grass to short at your stadium the game plays at a ridiculously fast speed.. . . .I'm still enjoying it but it's a bit end to end.. . .. .other people will say that we're imagining it .. . we're not.

I'm glad I've read your conversation. I just started another ML yes another with Barnsley again. I played 2 games and it felt like the game has been speeded up and now it seems there is no midfield play.

Does anybody know what has happened?

I'm glad I've read your conversation. I just started another ML yes another with Barnsley again. I played 2 games and it felt like the game has been speeded up and now it seems there is no midfield play.

Does anybody know what has happened?
That's the question,something has happened,but what?
Strange,doesn't feel like pre or post patch,more like 16

Bologna away.
Very weird game,I had one freekick all game,don't think I've had a good freekick opportunity since the patch,and now the past two days,hardly any at all.
Bologna passive,possesion but passive,when trailing 2-0 in the end,they still had 4 players on the halfway line,where I had my lone striker.

Bolognas keeper having a shit day,or taking cash elsewhere,fuckup of the year.
Watch my striker applauding him ironic afterwards

Think the game has gone to shit the past two days,had 1 good game out of three,before I had great games every game

Back
Top Bottom