The Master League adventures thread

A lot of my goals in the last dozen games or so have been scrappy and it got me feeling negative towards the game a bit, quite samey, but the GoTM in my next report is a cracker, really got me buzzing again

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - MARCH

The team were buoyant as march arrived after an undefeated February, this set the tone for the opening fixture at home to Spezia in which Bari continued their dominance. Monachello regained his place instead of the injured Ragusa and scored the only goal of the game, sidefooting in from 6 yards after a well worked free kick routine. i galletti had their work cut out in the next game against 6th place Salernitana, Even though Toni headed Ryan's side into the lead after 2 minutes, i Granata fought hard to get back into the game and duly equalised with an amazing flick and shot by Della Rocca, the Salernitana striker should have added a second with a 20 yard half-volley but it was the substitute Ragusa that slid in a low pass from Toni across the keeper to win it for Bari making it four consecutive victories.

A prolonged ten day break between fixtures would have given the players time to recover, but this would have been no consolation to Luca Toni who picked up a knock and the suspended Migjem Basha when the team arrived in Pisa. Ragusa came back in to replace Toni and got on the scoresheet early with a flicked finish across the keeper with the outside of his boot, the goal was undone by a defensive mistake by Terranova which allowed Pisa to equalise. Shortly after Ragusa scored a second with a scrambled tap in but again on the stroke of half time, Nerazzurri equalised with a near post finish. The game remained tight but an absolute stunner by Martinho sealed a 3-2 victory for Bari.

As much as Ragusa has been impressing since arriving in January, his Sassuolo team mate Terranova has struggled, he again made a mistake away at rivals Avellino to help concede the first goal in a fiery encounter Lupi kept the pressure going after taking the lead and then were awarded a fortuitous penalty, Cragno made a great save low to his left and the tide turned for waves of Bari attacks, Toni eventually equalising on 40mins from a Ragusa cross. The shots kept coming, Bari finishing the match with 22 shots on goal but it was Avellino that came through with the win with two further goals on the counter attack. Ryan finished the month in disappointment after a great winning run.

After the game the manager confirmed that permanent transfer bids would be placed for Golbourne and Ragusa after their great contributions to the team but wouldn't be drawn in on any comments about the future of Terranova who has made two high profile mistakes in the last two games.

Player Of The Month: Antonino Ragusa - He missed out last month to an inspired Luca Toni hat-trick but Ragusa has contributed greatly to the team since joining in January both scoring and assisting goals

Goal Of The Month: Riccardo Martinho vs Pisa - A speculative long range shot across the ball curled low into the far corner with the keeper stranded

Results
Bari 1 - 0 Spezia - Goal: Monachello, MoM: Romizi
Bari 2 - 1 Salernitana - Goals: Toni, Ragusa, MoM: Toni
Pisa 2 - 3 Bari - Goals: Ragusa (2), Martinho. MoM: Ragusa
Bari 1 - 3 Avellino - Goal: Toni. MoM: Cragno

wvKDfhi.png

Update!!!
I played that Empoli game twice on TP,played horrible,no freekicks at all,won both 2-1 and 3-1
Then I decided to play the game on Proffesional.
Omg,,,,how good the game plays on that difficulty.
I had three freekicks outside their box,scored on one.
I also had a penalty.
The game was better than ever.
I'm going back to proffesional,deffo,need to finish my season first though,then I'll restart with a weaker team,and keeping it weak,rather have good gameplay than good players

Strange about the free kicks I'm getting loads unless it's because my players are average and aren't as agile as top players.

I've been having problems with my internet hence not much posting and I had videos to upload of my ML so I didn't want to play more of that until I freed up some space.

So in the meantime I played some Champions League as Tottenham on Professional. It played fantastic, the games had so many individual battles going on with quite a lot of free kicks. The balance was just right and I didn't experience any scripting even though I didn't get through the group stage.

I wonder if this is how the game should play all the time.

Geeee were you deported from Brazil for throwing chairs?

:LOL:

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - MARCH

The team were buoyant as march arrived after an undefeated February, this set the tone for the opening fixture at home to Spezia in which Bari continued their dominance. Monachello regained his place instead of the injured Ragusa and scored the only goal of the game, sidefooting in from 6 yards after a well worked free kick routine. i galletti had their work cut out in the next game against 6th place Salernitana, Even though Toni headed Ryan's side into the lead after 2 minutes, i Granata fought hard to get back into the game and duly equalised with an amazing flick and shot by Della Rocca, the Salernitana striker should have added a second with a 20 yard half-volley but it was the substitute Ragusa that slid in a low pass from Toni across the keeper to win it for Bari making it four consecutive victories.

A prolonged ten day break between fixtures would have given the players time to recover, but this would have been no consolation to Luca Toni who picked up a knock and the suspended Migjem Basha when the team arrived in Pisa. Ragusa came back in to replace Toni and got on the scoresheet early with a flicked finish across the keeper with the outside of his boot, the goal was undone by a defensive mistake by Terranova which allowed Pisa to equalise. Shortly after Ragusa scored a second with a scrambled tap in but again on the stroke of half time, Nerazzurri equalised with a near post finish. The game remained tight but an absolute stunner by Martinho sealed a 3-2 victory for Bari.

As much as Ragusa has been impressing since arriving in January, his Sassuolo team mate Terranova has struggled, he again made a mistake away at rivals Avellino to help concede the first goal in a fiery encounter Lupi kept the pressure going after taking the lead and then were awarded a fortuitous penalty, Cragno made a great save low to his left and the tide turned for waves of Bari attacks, Toni eventually equalising on 40mins from a Ragusa cross. The shots kept coming, Bari finishing the match with 22 shots on goal but it was Avellino that came through with the win with two further goals on the counter attack. Ryan finished the month in disappointment after a great winning run.

After the game the manager confirmed that permanent transfer bids would be placed for Golbourne and Ragusa after their great contributions to the team but wouldn't be drawn in on any comments about the future of Terranova who has made two high profile mistakes in the last two games.

Player Of The Month: Antonino Ragusa - He missed out last month to an inspired Luca Toni hat-trick but Ragusa has contributed greatly to the team since joining in January both scoring and assisting goals

Goal Of The Month: Riccardo Martinho vs Pisa - A speculative long range shot across the ball curled low into the far corner with the keeper stranded

Results
Bari 1 - 0 Spezia - Goal: Monachello, MoM: Romizi
Bari 2 - 1 Salernitana - Goals: Toni, Ragusa, MoM: Toni
Pisa 2 - 3 Bari - Goals: Ragusa (2), Martinho. MoM: Ragusa
Bari 1 - 3 Avellino - Goal: Toni. MoM: Cragno

wvKDfhi.png

I'm having very scrappy matches with scrappy goals as well. . . .Ah Robbie .. . great goal there and a great peno save.

I had a total of 8 free kicks in my first two matches (top player). This was
  • at team spirit 46-47 (players get more agile at higher TS)
  • without malicia players
  • without using feints
  • against teams which are not rivals.
I don't think anything has changed in the underlying game in this sense. Maybe there are periods in an ML where fouls are rare? Maybe the way we play varies as well?
Since I've won both the cup and the Leauge,and playing the CL final next,I think it's the games way to try to make me lose.
Every time you're at the top and had a good run,the game becomes strange

Since I've won both the cup and the Leauge,and playing the CL final next,I think it's the games way to try to make me lose.
Every time you're at the top and had a good run,the game becomes strange
Wouldn't know, haven't been there and most likely won't be in a while. :D

But you've outlined the solution: manage a worse team. It's getting too easy for you anyway (track record way too good). Massive potential for personality growth here.

Wouldn't know, haven't been there and most likely won't be in a while. :D

But you've outlined the solution: manage a worse team. It's getting too easy for you anyway (track record way too good). Massive potential for personality growth here.
Ha ha,yeah.
Hmm,I like playing as Milan,and I've invested 3 seasons,but I'll probably make some changes.
I'll have a good solid think about it,good advice though
Thanks JB

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S WORLD SOCCER
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

AUGUST

Cw5VdHgWIAAQ_I5

HIGHLIGHTS

If the videos take up too much of your life :P then here are the results and stats for the month...

Cw5nA8OXUAA4MqX

Cw5rpPBWgAAQutc

Cw5gLSyXcAATb_0

Cw5gVueXUAA9oaj

Last edited:
TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S WORLD SOCCER
LEVEL - PROFESSIONAL
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

AUGUST

Cw5VdHgWIAAQ_I5

HIGHLIGHTS

If the videos take up too much of your life :P then here are the results and stats for the month...

Cw5nA8OXUAA4MqX

Cw5rpPBWgAAQutc

Cw5gLSyXcAATb_0

Cw5gVueXUAA9oaj
"Make Barnsley great again"
/G

Pes goals are like double deckers . . .. you wait and wait for 2 or 3 matches and then all of a sudden......

I'll bet nobody even noticed that one goal was missing. . lost the save. .. anyway I've been having a mixed bag in the Ml second season with Sampdoria a win, a draw . . a defeat here and there. . but more wins than the last Ml .. .have had some great games and got a trophy for 'final twist' scoring at the death to come back and win in one game.... this match was ridiculously easy for some reason.. . . 0-6. . .have never won like that before. I'm on Top player manual 20 mins defaults.

Olimpo redux, season 1, fixture 3

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes, speed 0

Report on match: Olimpo - Boca Juniors

Highlight reel (stats and standings at end)

There was a clear premonition on who would score in this match. So we did something extraordinary. We placed Tevez under both tight marking and marked him with a DMF. And it neutralized him. So kinda worked.

First half was extraordinarily careful: one shot by both teams. Boca were the first to score. We are not proud of what happened there. We actually thought twice that we had possession already, but then somehow it was a Boca player who still had the ball in front of our box, and there was a gaping hole in our defense.

After that 0-1 we amped up our A/D. We actually felt that we had the advantage from that point onwards. Boca players started missing passes. Had a few chances already before the goal. After the goal there were two cases where we could have broken 1 vs. 1 with the goalie, but misplaced the final pass.

Not a particularly fancy match, but one point from Boca is more than expected, especially with a team spirit of 47. This match also demonstrated that at least at home it is possible to increase A/D without automatic punishment by the CPU. (At superstar I think it would have been 0-2 withing a few minutes.)

Also had a case today where I felt completely scripted for the first time ever in this game. But I am trying to keep up the spirits in this thread, so I will leave it at that.

Pes goals are like double deckers . . .. you wait and wait for 2 or 3 matches and then all of a sudden......

I'll bet nobody even noticed that one goal was missing. . lost the save. .. anyway I've been having a mixed bag in the Ml second season with Sampdoria a win, a draw . . a defeat here and there. . but more wins than the last Ml .. .have had some great games and got a trophy for 'final twist' scoring at the death to come back and win in one game.... this match was ridiculously easy for some reason.. . . 0-6. . .have never won like that before. I'm on Top player manual 20 mins defaults.

This site is buggy again....
Anyway good goals there

Olimpo redux, season 1, fixture 3

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes, speed 0

Report on match: Olimpo - Boca Juniors

Highlight reel (stats and standings at end)

There was a clear premonition on who would score in this match. So we did something extraordinary. We placed Tevez under both tight marking and marked him with a DMF. And it neutralized him. So kinda worked.

First half was extraordinarily careful: one shot by both teams. Boca were the first to score. We are not proud of what happened there. We actually thought twice that we had possession already, but then somehow it was a Boca player who still had the ball in front of our box, and there was a gaping hole in our defense.

After that 0-1 we amped up our A/D. We actually felt that we had the advantage from that point onwards. Boca players started missing passes. Had a few chances already before the goal. After the goal there were two cases where we could have broken 1 vs. 1 with the goalie, but misplaced the final pass.

Not a particularly fancy match, but one point from Boca is more than expected, especially with a team spirit of 47. This match also demonstrated that at least at home it is possible to increase A/D without automatic punishment by the CPU. (At superstar I think it would have been 0-2 withing a few minutes.)

Also had a case today where I felt completely scripted for the first time ever in this game. But I am trying to keep up the spirits in this thread, so I will leave it at that.
A good draw,boca being massive

Random stuff on proffesional difficulty
I realised after three seasons on TP,I'm never going to get this much fun and difference in games on TP.
Might go back to proffesional again,pretty much have to.
Can't beat that

My TS is hitting the sixties and I have to say that the matches I'm having lately have been superb. . . I've gotten used to the 'fast' short grass matches . . the midfield play and build up is amazing . ..I've noticed that sometimes if you hold on to the ball deep and there's no options available a player will make a forward run giving the you option of a long ball over the top .. .it all feels so balanced even when playing a stronger team you feel that you have a chance of winning. . .I couldn't stop playing it tonight and had 3 wins and 2 draws and each game was brilliant. . . the only complaint that I have is the penalty situation. ..why can't they add them into the game instead of removing what little amount that we had?
Any move that you think up in your head can happen . . .best Pes for me ever and the best ML.

Serie A ✅
Tim Cup ✅
Tim Supercup ✅
Champions League

Lost the Champions league final to Barcelona 1-0
Now it's decision time,change team? start over again?
I think my solution will be the following,since I love playing on proffesional,last three games were on that.
1 Finacial crisis,must get funds in
2 sell all your good players
3 buy 70-75 rated players,that should be enough challenge on proffesional

The thing is,Deco mentioned it,with freekicks and dodgy gameplay,the better players you have the harder it is to draw fouls,perfect balance,close controll etc,and when you have a 80-85 ovr rated team and play other 80-85 rated teams,gameplay is so bad,and I can't do another TP season without freekicks and pens,takes away the soul of the game.
Know that you guys,most of you don't experience what I do,and take my advice,don't build your teams that good,ruins the game.
Firmly believe that professional is the way to play

Serie A ✅
Tim Cup ✅
Tim Supercup ✅
Champions League

Lost the Champions league final to Barcelona 1-0
Now it's decision time,change team? start over again?
I think my solution will be the following,since I love playing on proffesional,last three games were on that.
1 Finacial crisis,must get funds in
2 sell all your good players
3 buy 70-75 rated players,that should be enough challenge on proffesional

The thing is,Deco mentioned it,with freekicks and dodgy gameplay,the better players you have the harder it is to draw fouls,perfect balance,close controll etc,and when you have a 80-85 ovr rated team and play other 80-85 rated teams,gameplay is so bad,and I can't do another TP season without freekicks and pens,takes away the soul of the game.
Know that you guys,most of you don't experience what I do,and take my advice,don't build your teams that good,ruins the game.
Firmly believe that professional is the way to play

I know one player you won't be selling. . . .Mr Donnarruma lol. I haven't seen any shortage of freekicks yet .. .. but no penos is a bummer.

I know one player you won't be selling. . . .Mr Donnarruma lol. I haven't seen any shortage of freekicks yet .. .. but no penos is a bummer.
donnarumma stays:)
yeah think the FK is down to my players being to sharp,to good ball controller.
I'm gonna keep a few players
might even go TP with my shit players,but Professional is so sweet.
my plan is to release most players,otherwise I'll have a budget of 2-300 mill.
financial crises did hit Milan bad:)
I'm actually stoked as hell to begin small again

donnarumma stays:)
yeah think the FK is down to my players being to sharp,to good ball controller.
I'm gonna keep a few players
might even go TP with my shit players,but Professional is so sweet.
my plan is to release most players,otherwise I'll have a budget of 2-300 mill.
financial crises did hit Milan bad:)
I'm actually stoked as hell to begin small again

Rock you can pick up some decent players in free agents . . it's nothing to be ashamed of lol. . .I do it all the time and I have 31 players now who are not leaving the team because they are near enough what I want in each position .. .you should give the defaults a go. . great fun when you pick up a half decent player. .. . funny thing is I've bought some really good players who just never fitted into the way I play and had to go. No divas in my team.

Rock you can pick up some decent players in free agents . . it's nothing to be ashamed of lol. . .I do it all the time and I have 31 players now who are not leaving the team because they are near enough what I want in each position .. .you should give the defaults a go. . great fun when you pick up a half decent player. .. . funny thing is I've bought some really good players who just never fitted into the way I play and had to go. No divas in my team.
scrolled the free agent pool,and picked up a few players for decent cash.
it's going to be a hell of a ride this one

season 4.
financial crisis in northern Italy.
hard seasons to come for Ac Milan.

I released 16 players,not sold,released!
all players being between 78-85 ovr.
had my 70-76 players staying.
guess I gave away players for a few 100 mill.
my budget,and that includes getting at least 10 players in, are €39 million,have a solid salary budget of €66 mill though.
let's see how the future will turn out.
Avanti Grande Milan

Meanwhile I'm still in season 1 :P

Enjoying it though. I had no interest before in Barnsley but now I'm checking out their players in real life.

Weird the way the ML gives you an affection for the team in real life . . .I'm the same .. .trying to look up how they actually play in real life etc .. .I'm in season 2 and about 13th but pushing up slowly towards playoffs . . .20mins is the way to go. . I know it can feel long sometimes but quality over quantity. . .Why did you pick Barnsley Geeee? .. . .if I was looking at the Championship teams I don't think Barnsley would jump out at me.

So, still in my first season with Reading on Top Player.

I am now 21 points clear at the top of the Championship with seven matches remaining so a point will seal the title.

My next game? Against second-placed Aston Villa. Let's do it in style boys!

Also through the the final of the FA Cup after wins against Manchester Utd (2-1), Crystal Palace (6-0), Spurs (6-1) and Chelsea (2-0).

I will be playing West Ham so fingers crossed for more silverware.

The game is great but I feel that TP is a bit too easy considering I only have one player rated 80 or above and I am tearing through the league and cup.

I should probably go up to Superstar but the scripting is so bad at that level that the game becomes unenjoyable.

Weird the way the ML gives you an affection for the team in real life . . .I'm the same .. .trying to look up how they actually play in real life etc .. .I'm in season 2 and about 13th but pushing up slowly towards playoffs . . .20mins is the way to go. . I know it can feel long sometimes but quality over quantity. . .Why did you pick Barnsley Geeee? .. . .if I was looking at the Championship teams I don't think Barnsley would jump out at me.

I didnt fancy playing with the default ML team so i decided to go for the 'weakest' championship team. I gathered that because Barnsley only got promoted to the championship through the playoffs that they must be one of the weakest teams. They are actually doing quite well in real life, in about 13th i believe.

So, still in my first season with Reading on Top Player.

I am now 21 points clear at the top of the Championship with seven matches remaining so a point will seal the title.

My next game? Against second-placed Aston Villa. Let's do it in style boys!

Also through the the final of the FA Cup after wins against Manchester Utd (2-1), Crystal Palace (6-0), Spurs (6-1) and Chelsea (2-0).

I will be playing West Ham so fingers crossed for more silverware.

The game is great but I feel that TP is a bit too easy considering I only have one player rated 80 or above and I am tearing through the league and cup.

I should probably go up to Superstar but the scripting is so bad at that level that the game becomes unenjoyable.

How can you play so well on Top Player? 6-0, 6-1? I really struggle on Professional which i'm pleased about because it means i have room to move up a level before the scripting really kicks in.

What settings do you play on? Is it full manual?

On my second season with Fulham, doing much better than the first, but every game quite tough (Top Player, manual pass/shoot)

Italy wanted me to be their national team coach right after my abysmal first season (must have been high) but I'm only getting dumb friendlies. I forget, are there real qualifying matches in there or am I doomed to play friendlies forever? I say "playing" but that's not true, apart from the first matches I have skipped them all.

How can you play so well on Top Player? 6-0, 6-1? I really struggle on Professional which i'm pleased about because it means i have room to move up a level before the scripting really kicks in.

What settings do you play on? Is it full manual?

I'm using PA1 because, frankly, I can't be bothered with manual.

I think the key is the fluid formation - I use a 433 without the ball but that switches to a 343 with the ball, with my left back moving into a defensive midfield position.

Using gegenpress, this usually allows me to win the ball high up the pitch. My possession stats are insane, normally 65% to 70% each match.

It is also important to pick up the correct players for your style of play. I mostly attack through wide positions so have pacy, tricky wingers.

Up top, my striker (who I got for free) is about 191cm tall and has great heading ability. He has scored 35 goals in the league this season, mostly with his head.

As my team spirit has increased, I have started to attack more through the middle and that is where my two awesome AMFs come in. Check out Quintero if you can.

Back
Top Bottom