The Master League adventures thread

I could identify this from the shape of your attacks: they reminded me of past times (teams) when I used to play through the center as well.

We play with 4-2-3-1, attack wide and false 9, which makes us defensively strong but sometimes lacking in the final third.[/QUrOTE]

Attacking wide relies too much on crossing which is hit and miss a lot . . .false 9 works great sometimes especially if you assign the AMF's to join the attack .. .but sometimes the CF can drop deep and leave nobody penetrating the back line. . .decisions, decisions ay?

Deco said:
Attacking wide relies too much on crossing which is hit and miss a lot . . .false 9 works great sometimes especially if you assign the AMF's to join the attack .. .but sometimes the CF can drop deep and leave nobody penetrating the back line. . .decisions, decisions ay?
True that.

On the wings you can cross ({a bit too} easy to do but difficult to score), challenge (difficult) or build (creative). I sort of like these options, there is a good deal of realism included.

Good idea to specifically set AMF to join attack, need to try it.

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: TBC

PRE-SEASON 2017-2018

8am, the morning after Luca Toni's testimonial (and after party) The manager arrived at the stadium to meet with the club directors and president for a meeting to analyse the season just gone and the plans for the future. "The meeting was well tempered and constructive" said the club president "and both parties came to an agreement. Despite the positive work Robbie has done here, we both think it'd be best if he comes back to Bari in the future with more experience and the club in a healthier position. One day he will be back i'm sure".

Ryan released a statement which concurred "I have enjoyed every moment here at Bari and I want to come back here one day as a better manager and lead the club to success. I didn't complete what I set out to achieve so I will need to do that somewhere else before I can have another chance in Puglia."

In the following days the rumours spread that Bristol City had offered the Irishman a chance to go back to work in England. In reality Ryan didn't even attend the interview, choosing to stay in Italy taking over as manager of Ternana FC

Ed4zh3K.png

Ternana, otherwise known as Rossoverdi finished 15th in Serie B last season with what la Gazzetta dello Sport described as a 'weak, young team' stating "The manager needs to keep the young fresh ethos of the side but also he must subtly add some nous and tactical discipline, saying that, his English 4-4-2 will not work here" Ryan duly responded by signing 19 year old Curtis Yebli from his former club Bari on a season long loan "Curtis has knowledge and positional sense beyond his years" a gleeful Ryan said at the unveiling "we're also trying to get Gaetano (Monachello) in too but Mr President is being rather selfish" he jibed.

At an open training camp, Ryan revealed the signing of the 24 year old wily Hellas Verona utility forward Matteo Valoti to add extra competition for the confirmed 5-man midfield the manger would be deploying throughout the season, also appearing were trialists Alessandro Liveri, a goalkeeper recently released by AC Milan and Fabian Santacroce, a centre back who had only been released by Ternana two weeks earlier after having failed to agree a new contract. Both would sign by the end of July.

Two weeks before the season opener Ryan got his big signing, a centre forward much maligned in England in desperate need of a new start available at a knock down price! step forward 24 year old Yaya Sanogo, the Italian sporting press were very mixed on the signing, some claiming that Sanogo is 'already finished' but others stating that Serie B would be the best place for the Frenchman to regain his confidence, "an on-form Sanogo should score 25 goals in this division". The press weren't as mixed on the next big signing, claiming the arrival of 21 year old Right Wing Forward Saint Maximin from Bastia for over a million euros as 'perfect'

"The owners at Ternana need to give Ryan the time that he received at Bari, but potentially we could be talking about Ternana as play-off contenders" said la Gazzetta. This year however, Ryan understandably refused to be drawn into making any outlandish claims for the season ahead!

In and Outs

OOXxtWu.png

Last edited:
True that.

On the wings you can cross ({a bit too} easy to do but difficult to score), challenge (difficult) or build (creative). I sort of like these options, there is a good deal of realism included.

With Ternana i've been trying a 4231 and setting attacking to centre, that way you can still manually create width for crosses if you like with the added bonus of having more men in the middle (I also use advanced full backs sparingly which helps for extra width)

True that.

I usually set 3 midfielders to join the attack .. .when it works it's great similar to a false 9 situation where a midfielder comes from nowhere and scores .. . .I'm giving away all my secrets now lol.

Milan vs Cagliari
Horrible game,28(12)-3(2) in shots.
The mighty Cagliari being 66-67-71 ovr,still their back four were amazing,hardly making one single mistake.
Scored in the 77th minute,making it 1-0,they equalised in the 88th.
Game ended 1-1
Not know what to say,one of those games?
Not buying it.

Genoa vs Milan
Another strange game.
9-27 in shots.
Game ended 3-3, every time I scored,they scored minutes after.
And as usual,one of their players having the game of the season,as he has the past 4 seasons,Laxalt,one of those players the commentators love mentioning
Got an 13 week inj to my striker as well,so both my top strikers are gone now,11&13 weeks
Not gonna whine,but the cheating is a bit to obvious in this game.
Haven't really enjoyed it all season long,a struggle,play it because it's fun at times.
Hope you guys enjoy it

@rockstrongo

Has anyone consider running leagues as a series of exhibition matches with player emotions off?

Start an ML, sign players, save team, play matches with the saved team, simulate other matches. Next season: edit team to reflect changes, rinse and repeat.

Might be a lot of work, but maybe someone has a ready system for some parts (e.g., Excel sheet).

@rockstrongo

Has anyone consider running leagues as a series of exhibition matches with player emotions off?

Start an ML, sign players, save team, play matches with the saved team, simulate other matches. Next season: edit team to reflect changes, rinse and repeat.

Might be a lot of work, but maybe someone has a ready system for some parts (e.g., Excel sheet).
Sounds like a good idea,might have a think on that,still believe this is the best game made,but should be able to enjoy it more.
Guess when you play a lot,you see what's bad,and not what's good.
Haven't played league mode in a long time,might give that a go

I find it really weird that I haven't felt like the AI is cheating me this year (well, obviously it does, but I've not found it to be any cheatier than any other year) - but then again, I'm on Top Player (because Superstar made teams play a very similar, psychic game of football) and PA1 (which adds more individuality IMHO, though controversial).

I'm also playing in the PL as opposed to one of the lower-leagues - maybe it's worth trying to find a poor/average team in a top-flight, @rockstrongo? There'll be a solution I'm sure. Hate to see you not enjoying the game.

I find it really weird that I haven't felt like the AI is cheating me this year (well, obviously it does, but I've not found it to be any cheatier than any other year)...
In the vast majority of cases, when the CPU scores, I have made a clear mistake. Most of the time it's just a question of incorrect defensive positioning - a lot happens in 20'.

So I have no complaints on the average. There might have been a bit of stat fiddling, but there was also a mistake by me.

Having said that, there have been cases: nutmegs, goalie slip ups, easy defensive headers. But my absolute favorite was against Boca Juniors. It was around 80', and we were so pumped up since we were up 1-0. First match of a morning session, so the manager was pretty sharp as well. Boca were pressing hard, but we tried to hold on to the ball to keep some control of the match. We were passing the ball at the back. My most reliable CB Mattia made an easy, short pass to DMF Villaruel, who is an anchor man and the defensive backbone of the midfield.

The pass just bounced off Villaruel directly to Tevez, who then had an open path to 1 vs. 1 with the goalie. Like the little hairy man's gonna miss.

I watched the replay a couple of times with my mouth open, amazed. I agree, in theory it could happen. Maybe, from a modeling point of view it's even risky for Olimpo to start being cute against Boca. But still, the way it played out, the (low) level of style.

As someone said, when something like that happens, maybe it's just best to think of Mourinho and move on.

I find it really weird that I haven't felt like the AI is cheating me this year (well, obviously it does, but I've not found it to be any cheatier than any other year) - but then again, I'm on Top Player (because Superstar made teams play a very similar, psychic game of football) and PA1 (which adds more individuality IMHO, though controversial).

I'm also playing in the PL as opposed to one of the lower-leagues - maybe it's worth trying to find a poor/average team in a top-flight, @rockstrongo? There'll be a solution I'm sure. Hate to see you not enjoying the game.
thanx Chris,dont get Me wrong,still do,but 4 seasons of victories has made the CPU very tough,i dropped down to Professional for my 4th season (enjoy that level) and my game on P is as tough as Top player last season
you can't nick the ball from the CPU like I could before.
game plays well,bit OT at points though.
know that if I restart the game it'll play amazing again,but want to play a 10 season career at least
thank pal

In the vast majority of cases, when the CPU scores, I have made a clear mistake. Most of the time it's just a question of incorrect defensive positioning - a lot happens in 20'.

So I have no complaints on the average. There might have been a bit of stat fiddling, but there was also a mistake by me.

Having said that, there have been cases: nutmegs, goalie slip ups, easy defensive headers. But my absolute favorite was against Boca Juniors. It was around 80', and we were so pumped up since we were up 1-0. First match of a morning session, so the manager was pretty sharp as well. Boca were pressing hard, but we tried to hold on to the ball to keep some control of the match. We were passing the ball at the back. My most reliable CB Mattia made an easy, short pass to DMF Villaruel, who is an anchor man and the defensive backbone of the midfield.

The pass just bounced off Villaruel directly to Tevez, who then had an open path to 1 vs. 1 with the goalie. Like the little hairy man's gonna miss.

I watched the replay a couple of times with my mouth open, amazed. I agree, in theory it could happen. Maybe, from a modeling point of view it's even risky for Olimpo to start being cute against Boca. But still, the way it played out, the (low) level of style.

As someone said, when something like that happens, maybe it's just best to think of Mourinho and move on.
ha ha,i know what you mean pal,ive had a few strange moments,my CB got hold of the ball after a Gk save,couldnt switch over to him,not until their striker nicked it and scored.
but like you said,plays great for the most.
even though I start to see and get annoyed with a few things.

1.players always slows down when getting a pass that could be straight fw to goal

2.strikers being in the box,suddenly becomes slower there than outside.

3.Player switching,not very good,and for me it's become worse.

4. opponents catching up on your fast players,regardless if theyre fast or slow.
problem is,you focus on those things when playing,and get annoyed,and don't really enjoy the good things

in Pes 15-16 when CPU were cheating,they made CPU players very overpowered,in 17 they make your players less good instead.
it's better that way,but still annoying

Urgh. That's a bitter pill to swallow.

When you can write it off as a bug rather than deliberate cheating, though, I think you get over it quicker. The stuff that really gets my goat - and I've got plenty of video evidence of this from previous games - is when you're sprinting down the wing, and out of nowhere, the standard 6ft knock-ahead turns into a 15ft knock-ahead, allowing the CPU defender to step in and clear it.

If there was no defender there, okay. If there was a contextual reason, okay. But literally 100% of the time I've seen that happen, there's been a defender there who's then won the ball.

(Also hate it when pressing shoot and the player takes just long enough to hit it that a defender can nick the ball away. When he could have hit it after a couple of steps. But instead, he took six.)

I've still seen this happen against the CPU, but very rarely compared to the previous games. Funnily enough, I've seen it more often playing online than offline.

But - and I wonder if this divide still exists... When I've spoken about this in the past, and posted videos of what happens, I've noticed two general sides to the debate - "that's CPU cheating, boo hiss", and "the game isn't purposefully cheating you, it's doing a calculation based on the stats, it's not cheating, it's the engine doing its thing".

All I know is: bug leading to a goal, fine; silly mistake I made leading to a goal, fine; player doing something stupid to give the CPU a chance / put cement boots on all my players to even up the end-of-game stats... Broken controller.

Weirdly, and without making any further comparisons, it seems FIFA has implemented that kind of thing out of nowhere. From 13-16 I much preferred those games. Suddenly, online or offline, you've got suspicious lag when trying to score if you're against a decent defence. I wonder if that was a response to people saying the game was too easy (even though they're still saying that now)...

Went back and played my Genoa game again.
My squad isn't that deep this season,and having 2 strikers (out of 4) injured for a third of the season,can't really have that.
So game played good,won the game 1-0.
Hard fought game,it's unbelievable how tough proffesional is for me right now,harder than TP last season.
Haven't been able to nick the ball from the defence all season.
Weird

Sampdoria had to beat Latina in this match as we are in 1st position and Latina in third. . . it turned out to be not so difficult in the end. Sampdoria have not been out of the first 3 places all season and are now in the second half of the season .. . . next up are Cesena who are in 2nd place and are usually tough to beat.

Game 4 of the CL.
Zenith St Petersburg away.
Bit worried about this game,needed a win,and only drew at home.
Comfy game,I played it on TP,funnily enough game opened up.
Even managed to trick the pants of Boris in the last two clips

Next up is Sampdoria at home,somehow I struggle more at home

Sampdoria had to beat Latina in this match as we are in 1st position and Latina in third. . . it turned out to be not so difficult in the end. Sampdoria have not been out of the first 3 places all season and are now in the second half of the season .. . . next up are Cesena who are in 2nd place and are usually tough to beat.
Nice move before the first goal,really nice.
Think you're ready for the online kids now Dec

Game 4 of the CL.
Zenith St Petersburg away.
Bit worried about this game,needed a win,and only drew at home.
Comfy game,I played it on TP,funnily enough game opened up.
Even managed to trick the pants of Boris in the last two clips

Next up is Sampdoria at home,somehow I struggle more at home

Third goal. .lovely.

Strange that the game just opened up when going back to TP.
Yes saw him running into the box a mile away,a new budget signing,Penanranda,80 ovr,got him for €6million

Some run alright, are you not happy with the game anymore Rock?. . I can't get enough of it.

Some run alright, are you not happy with the game anymore Rock?. . I can't get enough of it.
starting to get Into it again,but first 5-10 games were horrible.
but it feels really good again,patch is coming this week right,hope gameplay stays solid.
think the bastard is the VS com stats,thats were all your game stat is stored,wish it could be erased.
believe that cpu takes help/info when cheating.
but,like the game,not nearly as much as before

Not doing the spoiler thing.
alright!
Milan Sampdoria #10
game has played well lately,a real challenge,not to many strange things going on,probably because I've lost a few and also stopped jumping between difficulty's.
this game on Professional,still gives a solid challenge with my "OK" players

I'm in 4th place right now,5 pts behind leaders Roma.
my goal difference is 16-12 after 10 games,think I conceded 22 last season,so it's a hell of a lot tougher this year.
enjoying it

@rockstrongo

I saw in your first video that you acquired GPs when you did a scissors feint. That means your PES is online (connected to the servers). Part of urban folklore is that for the best gameplay experience you should keep PES "as disconnected as possible." (Even when offline, it will contact the server at the start of the program.) There is a setting for it, IIRC, in "online settings." Something like "automatically go online." Change that, restart PES and presto: you are offline.

Otherwise, great wins. I can't believe how well you guys shoot on manual. :TU:

7 points clear at the top of Serie B in my third season starting with defaults Top Player and manual . .can't help but feel they made the game easier after the last update .. . .although I have bought some great bargains. . . played about 23 matches so tonight I'm gonna try finish the season . . ..because knowing my luck tomorrows dlc will change the gameplay back to difficult just as the finish line is in sight and fuck up the season.

Back
Top Bottom