The Master League adventures thread

Question for the guys .. .do the form arrows really matter? I played a match last night and my SS Vido was on a red arrow . .I didn't notice this at all until near the end when substituting him ... btw he scored the winner and got man of the match and generally played great.. .just wondering.

As I have said before, I manufacture my own ML, so in the absence of any proper knocks or injuries, If a player is on a downward arrow they are unavailable for selection by 'injury' or 'fitness'

I think they do have some affect on the players abilities, well they certainly did a few years ago, probably not enough to greatly affect your control over the player

I can really feel the increased agility of my offensive players when their form is up.
I agree - I just wish form arrows were influenced by the matches. Incredibly frustrating to score a hat-trick with someone only to find that, for the next match, they're depressed.

I played a game last night and won 4-0, with one player scoring four goals (Paco Alcácer) - he got a rating of 8 (?!), the two "assisters" got 6.5 (?!?!?!), and for the next match, two of them were on down arrows.

Just played an away cup match, first round. We set out to defend a 0-0.

First 73': CPU has zero shots. Then they get a corner: 1-0. I push up A/D. CPU get another shot: 2-0.

Well that worked - not. :BYE:

Made a couple of tasty feints, if that's any consolation for us.

this match was at stamford bridge, a challenge i had to pass since man united were top of the epl at that time, rooney is just a superb player in this game, constantly hassling down my defender zouma and cahill, but eden hazard did a master freekick scoring at the death to give me the winning goal after so many chances during the game, i punched the air literally when i scored it was so satisfying as i was afraid im gonna end the game goalless.

Just played an away cup match, first round. We set out to defend a 0-0.

First 73': CPU has zero shots. Then they get a corner: 1-0. I push up A/D. CPU get another shot: 2-0.

Well that worked - not. :BYE:

Made a couple of tasty feints, if that's any consolation for us.

Any footage of the feints James? I love an auld feint.

As I have said before, I manufacture my own ML, so in the absence of any proper knocks or injuries, If a player is on a downward arrow they are unavailable for selection by 'injury' or 'fitness'

I think they do have some affect on the players abilities, well they certainly did a few years ago, probably not enough to greatly affect your control over the player

Well Robbie me auld China . . .I just explained to you that I never noticed the SS with the red arrow and he practically played the whole match and was excellent . .no loss in speed, shooting or anything and tormented the Inter Milan defense and scored and could have got a hat trick. . .I'll try it deliberately the next time to see the outcome. . .unless it was a one off situation and applies only to certain type of players. I'd hate to think that the form arrows are a fake lot of nonsense. Btw I also never use players with bad form arrows and I explained that I never noticed it until I was replacing him in the latter stages of the game.

Any footage of the feints James? I love an auld feint.
Nah. A couple of drag back dummies and a good ole ("auld"?) Ronaldo chop.

I have learned to greatly enjoy a well timed, natural feint in this game. Used to hate them before PES 2017 cause they appeared so gamey.

Nah. A couple of drag back dummies and a good ole ("auld"?) Ronaldo chop.

I have learned to greatly enjoy a well timed, natural feint in this game. Used to hate them before PES 2017 cause they appeared so gamey.

Auld (Irish expression . .same as old, ole. . .pronounced as owled) feints are hard to pull off in high paced games which is why I wanted to see them . . feels great when they work.

Auld (Irish expression . .same as old, ole. . .pronounced as owled) feints are hard to pull off in high paced games which is why I wanted to see them . . feels great when they work.
Which is one of the reasons I enjoy them so much now: they are not easy.

For me in 2017 they are somehow close to the real thing. But I find some of them really difficult to pull off. Like the roulette - just won't work in a match situation. Maybe just as well, cause I think it might be OP otherwise.

Which is one of the reasons I enjoy them so much now: they are not easy.

For me in 2017 they are somehow close to the real thing. But I find some of them really difficult to pull off. Like the roulette - just won't work in a match situation. Maybe just as well, cause I think it might be OP otherwise.

Some of the best ones are when they happen accidentally when you've tried a completely different one. . .makes you look like you know what you're doing. ha ha.

Well Robbie me auld China . . .I just explained to you that I never noticed the SS with the red arrow and he practically played the whole match and was excellent . .no loss in speed, shooting or anything and tormented the Inter Milan defense and scored and could have got a hat trick. . .I'll try it deliberately the next time to see the outcome. . .unless it was a one off situation and applies only to certain type of players. I'd hate to think that the form arrows are a fake lot of nonsense. Btw I also never use players with bad form arrows and I explained that I never noticed it until I was replacing him in the latter stages of the game.

Haha well i wil have to try it in my next match, yaya sanogo is out for 8 weeks and both my other strikers are on downward reds :D

Ternana doing well btw. 4th after 8 games and only lost one. Don't have time to write proper reports right now but will try and do a 1/4 season update.

Haha well i wil have to try it in my next match, yaya sanogo is out for 8 weeks and both my other strikers are on downward reds :D

Ternana doing well btw. 4th after 8 games and only lost one. Don't have time to write proper reports right now but will try and do a 1/4 season update.

We can't let the ML thread die .. .James seemed to enjoy my video where I got a good hiding. .. . one thing about me Robbie I never replay a match if it doesn't go my way. . .I take whatever comes my way win or lose . . .I've done well using the defaults on manual .. . promoted in my third season and I don't buy top players . ..I think the game got easier after the last update. . .personally I think Ml should be played with the defaults and then build a team with your own stamp on it .. .I'm finding it difficult now in Serie A but my objective is to avoid relegation. . .it's great to see reports and videos from all the lads whether they are doing well or not . . .yourself, Rock. .James .. geeee and the rest of the guys who I probably don't know. . . all part of the fun of playing Pes. . .there's nothing like the challenge of breaking down a defense with a bit of vision and creativity when the odds are against you. . . and then trying to hold on to a lead.

We can't let the ML thread die ..
In my honest opinion - and I emphasize the fact that this is just my opinion - we should share and cherish both the good and the bad with equal weights. Show the losses, the conceded goals, the defensive mistakes, the one and only shot the CPU got - which resulted in the winning goal. Ideally a video like that should get at least as many likes as one with the gamer's deciding shot to upper corner.

I have relatively little interest in seeing a player dominate against the CPU. Unless they're playing with Barca, which would be boring in a different way. To me domination indicates wrong difficulty level and/or wrong level of assistance. If I want to see a series of nice goals, I can do a youtube search. I want to see hardship. I want to see suspense. I want to see the pain of losing in addition to the joy of winning. I want to see the full range of emotions associated with football.

But, I repeat, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
i ve never used dummies and feints in my whole history of playing pes i just like to play by the book and not go for the exhibition i take every match seriously since playing ISS pro 2000

In my honest opinion - and I emphasize the fact that this is just my opinion - we should share and cherish both the good and the bad with equal weights. Show the losses, the conceded goals, the defensive mistakes, the one and only shot the CPU got - which resulted in the winning goal. Ideally a video like that should get at least as many likes as one with the gamer's deciding shot to upper corner.

I have relatively little interest in seeing a player dominate against the CPU. Unless they're playing with Barca, which would be boring in a different way. To me domination indicates wrong difficulty level and/or wrong level of assistance. If I want to see a series of nice goals, I can do a youtube search. I want to see hardship. I want to see suspense. I want to see the pain of losing in addition to the joy of winning. I want to see the full range of emotions associated with football.

i agree i will post the matches that i find that cpu didnt cheat and scored a superb goal, just like my return match vs man united at old trafford rooney scoring with the back heel a la rabeh majer fc porto uefa cl final 1987

Show a few examples next time you put up a video. The idea of putting up videos for me is to tell the story of how your season is going . ..some of us get excited when we score a special goal which involved vision and skill with a bunch of defaults .. .I don't think it's about getting likes .. we just want to share it .. .a lot of matches in Ml are boring where nobody can get a foot on the ball . ..and giving another team a good beating is a rarity. .. domination to me doesn't indicate being on the wrong level. . .the script sometimes opens play up and it's up to you to take advantage of situations . . . .half the goals that I've scored could have gone wide or over the bar and would have given a completely different result in the match .. .btw if you want to experience the pain of losing try supporting Leeds.

i ve never used dummies and feints in my whole history of playing pes i just like to play by the book and not go for the exhibition i take every match seriously since playing ISS pro 2000
I have never used feints before PES 2017 either.

But let's face it: they are a part of the real game as well. Not the central part, but still present in basically all matches. So I am now trying to include them with the same role as they have in real life. Maybe 2-5 per game?

In 2017 it comes naturally, because CPU defending is good, and feints are not OP.

Second leg of cup, lost the first 2-0 (when CPU had a total of 2 shots).

After 15' at home it's 2-0 for us. Four shots, 2 in. (Don't want to say it, but scripting in our favor?) Fortunately the CPU gets a corner and it's 2-1. Team spirit 62 is equal to losing defensive corners. A/D up, and CPU penalize 2–2. We score immediately after 3-2. And that's it, lost aggregate 3-4.

Everything else feels fine, but goals feel scripted, both mine and CPU's. And I am playing full manual...

I have never used feints before PES 2017 either.

But let's face it: they are a part of the real game as well. Not the central part, but still present in basically all matches. So I am now trying to include them with the same role as they have in real life. Maybe 2-5 per game?

In 2017 it comes naturally, because CPU defending is good, and feints are not OP.
i should start to implement them aswell

Haven´t said much lately, but kept playing my season when I could. I feel those moments were the game is totally against you. They happen, nothing we can do. It´s frustrating as hell, and these things happen IRL, that´s ok, but it´s so damn hard to accept it on the game! I had a run were I´ve beaten Totenham 4-0 (!!), Arsenal 1-0, Chelsea 1-0 (for the first time!), and Man United 2-1... This one was soooo hard! Had a lucky goal early on, and then I dominate the hole match, but the ball wouldn´t go in. You know, those games were you win every single header and shot in the box but no matter what, they all go wide. Then a free kick for MU, I didn´t touch a thing, but on a 50/50 ball referee decides to award a free kick out of nowere. Long ball to the goal, GK has an easy task to catch the ball, alone, no pressure at all, but at the last second he freezes and drops the ball inside the net. Lucky me, I could still score another and win the match.

So after these results I´m 2nd, one point behind Man City, 5 ahead of MUnited. Great right? Maybe even too great and that´s what pisses me. The game logic lets you win certain matches, but then it throws in everything at you when he understand you have to loose. It´s not the opponent it self, it´s the situation you´re at in the league table.

Today I got Leicester and it was a 0-0, but not a soccer match for sure, more like a fighting camp, were Leicester did nothing but try to break all my players legs, and I mean really hard. There wasn´t a single free kick in the first half. I was fighting my way to a win, screaming all over the living room like a lunatic while I watched Leicester destroying my players and the referee smiling at me. Finally he started to throw some cards, including a red one, but to late, I couldn´t score.
Next, Stoke city. Some story again, I could actually shoot alot, and on target, but nothing could go into the net. I was so tired of this bullshit that I turned the game off and after a while I simulated the result.

If I look carefully at the overall, it´s a great experience, I´m second with QPR, recently promoted. Great players bought, great teamwork etc... really adicting, except for the fact how the game behaves... I can dominate possession, specially shots on and off target by a huge margin, and still have draws and losses. Despite the rage, the Leicester game was awesome, was diferent... they had a whole new system of playing against me. I didn´t had any possession, barely could shoot... those should happen more often... I don´t like to dominate most matches. I´m thinking of droping the 20 mins to 15 max, maybe even less, so I have less chances on target. CPU will have the same balance for sure, it´s scripted to have a certain number of chances, but I´m usually having around 15 shots with 9 on target, only to score a goal, while the CPU rarely gets 5 shots on target. I feel I have too much time to create chances, so I´ll drop down the match time to see If I can even the things out.

Back
Top Bottom