The Master League adventures thread

Superstar is a bad idea, I played on superstar after the October patch and it made me hate the game.
Just let go of the notion of winning, and superstar is brilliant. :BYE:

Seriously, though, just played another ss league match away, full manual etc. Superb match. Lost 2-1, but at 1-1 missed an open shot De Bruyne -style. Shots 10-6 in favor of the CPU.

Maybe at ss the CPU doesn't have to script so much cause they win anyway?

Just let go of the notion of winning, and superstar is brilliant. :BYE:

Seriously, though, just played another ss league match away, full manual etc. Superb match. Lost 2-1, but at 1-1 missed an open shot De Bruyne -style. Shots 10-6 in favor of the CPU.

Maybe at ss the CPU doesn't have to script so much cause they win anyway?

Never been about winning or losing mate, just finding the balance and best settings for our enjoyment right? TP for me, SS for you, that's why I quoted ram's post cause we're a bit on the same page. In the end of the day, it's all about enjoying the game.

@Elja Yes, maximum enjoyment for all indeed, masochistic or regular.

@Deco Great highlights of the visit of the Italian reapers.

I left out a few fouls . .they had a lot of near misses where they completely missed the players legs and the ref also ignored a lot of their fouls .. .two ignored fouls led to their two goals. . . unbelievable stuff.

Incredible spoiling tactics from Genoa . . ..I couldn't show all the fouls . .too long . .they prevented me from finding any rhythm and kept breaking up the play.

i had a match like that but that was from real madrid hassling my players but they got what they deserve, the referee was brandiching yellow cards at will and benzema got a red xd

Olimpo redux (managing Denmark on the side), season 1

Settings: superstar, full manual (L2), 20 minutes, speed 0

Goal of the day from Denmark-Greece friendly

Lost 1-2, shots 13(8)-5(4).

Jeepers . .in the last couple of days the game has felt excellent to play . ..everything seems more balanced. . .good midfield play, no mad rushing around or crazy scorelines . .have to work harder for a goal. ..and I've noticed something that I haven't seen previously .. .back-passing from midfield to the keeper when wasting time.

Jeepers . .in the last couple of days the game has felt excellent to play . ..everything seems more balanced. . .good midfield play, no mad rushing around or crazy scorelines . .have to work harder for a goal. ..and I've noticed something that I haven't seen previously .. .back-passing from midfield to the keeper when wasting time.
I love it when people back things up with videos like this. Brilliant to watch, thanks Deco. That's great to see.

By no means a classic . . ..I was sure that they were dead and buried and thought that I was going to add to the score but they seemed to get their second wind and really should have put away another couple of goals . .. . . .I'm down in the lower half of Serie A and my objective is to avoid relegation.

Olimpo redux, season 1

Played a brilliant match today - about 10 times.

Away against CA Tigre. First try. What a fight. We play defensive, trying to counter. They have a number of chances. We have a few. Then @ 75' I have a defender blocking their path. A Tigre CF makes a run, and their AMF passes a through ball to him - nutmegging my defender. I hate it when that happens. Restart.

Second try. The same happens around 70-80': a through ball to box, maybe no nutmegging this time. Third match: same thing. Seems to be a pattern.

I stop to think. All this time I have had the opposition CF who scores tightly marked. I now notice that my other CB is tired when the CF scores. Not exhausted but still a bit tired. So in the upcoming matches I sub my CB at around 65'. No more through ball goals after this change in approach.

Heck, maybe it wasn't just scripting. Maybe there was a point here.

I continue to see whether I could play the match without losing it. Couple of subsequent tries: I defend overly actively, and they break through my ranks because of that.

Finally I achieve a 0-0 draw by defending carefully and subbing smartly. It's still a close shave, but on the other hand I miss (again) a one vs. one with their keeper. A striking feature is that their CBs are as fast as my super speedy CF but hey, this is superstar.

I am happy I found a solution to the "scripting" issue. The matches were extremely exciting otherwise. Very, very exciting. :APPLAUD:

Last edited:
Olimpo redux, season 1

Played a brilliant match today - about 10 times.

Away against CA Tigre. First try. What a fight. We play defensive, trying to counter. They have a number of chances. We have a few. Then @ 75' I have a defender blocking their path. A Tigre CF makes a run, and their AMF passes a through ball to him - nutmegging my defender. I hate it when that happens. Restart.

Second try. The same happens around 70-80': a through ball to box, maybe no nutmegging this time. Third match: same thing. Seems to be a pattern.

I stop to think. All this time I have had the opposition CF who scores tightly marked. I now notice that my other CB is tired when the CF scores. Not exhausted but still a bit tired. So in the upcoming matches I sub my CB at around 65'. No more through ball goals after this change in approach.

Heck, maybe it wasn't just scripting. Maybe there was a point here.

I continue to see whether I could play the match without losing it. Couple of subsequent tries: I defend overly actively, and they break through my ranks because of that.

Finally I achieve a 0-0 draw by defending carefully and subbing smartly. It's still a close shave, but on the other hand I miss (again) a one vs. one with their keeper. A striking feature is that their CBs are as fast as my super speedy CF but hey, this is superstar.

I am happy I found a solution to the "scripting" issue. The matches were extremely exciting otherwise. Very, very exciting. :APPLAUD:

Why did you do this experiment . ..to determine if scripting exists and you can't do anything about it? Pity you've no footage . ..would have been good to compare stuff in the different matches.

Why did you do this experiment . ..to determine if scripting exists and you can't do anything about it?
Exactly.

I wanted to know why so many bad things happen after 70'. I now think it may be related to fatigue. My defenders might be too tired for pumped up ss attackers even though the defenders are not exhausted. Especially since at around 70' the CPU typically subs in a fresh CF.

At this point it's a theory. Testing further.

Why did you do this experiment . ..to determine if scripting exists and you can't do anything about it? Pity you've no footage . ..would have been good to compare stuff in the different matches.
how can you get to make crosses, crosses in split second decision cannot be made using full manual, it will go astray because u need the right direction otherwise it will go for goal kick, i cant play manual, passing yes i can, but for crosses, i cant....
here 's my latest game vs madrid, new ML playing as sevilla.(top player, 12 min, pa1,basic shooting.
do you guys think i'm very good at top player now using the current settings? i had 82% passes completed.you think i should go for superstar with manual?

Last edited:
how can you get to make crosses, crosses in split second decision cannot be made using full manual, it will go astray because u need the right direction otherwise it will go for goal kick, i cant play manual, passing yes i can, but for crosses, i cant....
It has been demonstrated that manual crosses are somewhat broken: use L2-modifier when crossing manually. You can test the difference easily yourself in training.

here 's my latest game vs madrid, new ML playing as sevilla.(top player, 12 min, pa1,basic shooting.
do you guys think i'm very good at top player now using the current settings? i had 82% passes completed.you think i should go for superstar with manual?

If you can't cross with manual why go to Superstar? .. crosses will go astray on manual if you don't practice them. .you should practice in training mode. . you have to learn how to put the ball where you want it to go.. . . it will become as natural as shooting passing etc. In your video you are using assisted passing and shooting? .. .. nice video. . . if manual doesn't suit you stick with assisted . .it's all about enjoying the game.

Last edited:
If you can't cross with manual why go to Superstar? .. crosses will go astray on manual if you don't practice them. .you should practice in training mode. . you have to learn how to put the ball where you want it to go.. . . it will become as natural as shooting passing etc. In your video you are using assisted passing and shooting? .. .. nice video. . . if manual doesn't suit you stick with assisted . .it's all about enjoying the game.
yes using pa1 and shooting basic, for me it is the best enjoyment since i still have so many shots going wide and not on target, another thing i noticed, i play the game better when i started to use 4-1-4-1 formation with sevilla and chelsea, i'm able to win matches and control proceedings more comfortably, is that normal or no?

yes using pa1 and shooting basic, for me it is the best enjoyment since i still have so many shots going wide and not on target, another thing i noticed, i play the game better when i started to use 4-1-4-1 formation with sevilla and chelsea, i'm able to win matches and control proceedings more comfortably, is that normal or no?[/QUaOTE]

You can have any formation that you want to have ramgamer .. . ..I sometimes make my own formations up . . you don't have to stick to the default formations.

watch this guys, super annoying this no penalty situation which is ruining this game, i mean this is unbearable from konami, hassling down opponent obstructing him like this, no penalty, there is absolutely zero penalty given to me in ML in one whole season and this isn't the first time this kind of challenge is being done on me.... konami u need to fix this for 2018...or even now, we want a realistic game on all fronts, not just in the build up play and such....

watch this guys, super annoying this no penalty situation which is ruining this game
ARGHHH, I'm sat at work and just watching that has made me angry... I see stuff like that every game that the CPU gets away with.

It seems to me that if it's expecting to win the ball, but somehow doesn't, it's not considered by the code as a foul. The AI can do no wrong unless it deliberately fouls you. It doesn't judge a foul in the same way that it judges yours - it's not examining the situation and the consequences, it's just thinking "well the AI did that so it wasn't intentional", whereas everything you do is considered intentional.

Tweet them, please - it's pointless I know, but you have to try!

Been continuing my ML against superstar, full manual etc.

Excellent, tight matches. The CPU isn't dominating in general. There are matches where CPU has more possession, and also the other way round.

However, not a single win yet. Whenever I score, superstar has the tendency to strike back within a few minutes. A couple of draws, yes. Scores like 0-0, 1-0, 1-2. So there is hope. But it wouldn't make any sense to try to win a league. It's more like every match is a battle for survival. I sort of like that. There are no cheap points available, not a single one.

Last edited:
Played a couple of matches tonight and the intensity and speed were notched up. . . .frantic stuff. . didn't have time to think. . .. hope it's just a variation of speed with the scripting. . . .y'know 2 slow matches then 3 quick ones then 2 perfectly paced ones. . . still good games even if they were fast.

Almost finished the season we have made it into the Italian Serie B Playoff Final

I finished the season in 3rd place behind Chievo and Empoli the teams that were relegated with me last season.Empoli had a lethal striker pairing of Gilardino and Sapanara with 37 goals between them they were just too consistent after i had a shaky start so onto the play off games and who else do i get in the semi final the absolute scourge that is Avellino who else, i swear they are haunting me lol

managed a 1-1 draw at their place and in the return leg at home they went 1-0 up and parked the bus I threw the kitchen sink at them it just wouldnt go in their GK saved EVERYTHING I was starting to panic because if we lost im not sure i could have played another season in Serie B I would have sacked myself for not getting promoted everything was riding on this if i was gonna play PES again for a while as it would mean fixing my option file too but this happened in injury time and i let out a massive roar of COMMEEE ONNN haha

Arini has been with the team from day 1 and the oldest player who is retiring at the end of the season which im gutted about for a 65 rated player he is a monster in DMF will be tough to replace him.I held out in Extra Time finished 2-2 on agg but we went through due to finishing higher in the league

up next is Cesena in the final who have Duric upfront he is a real handful in the air give away corners and free kicks and your in shit street i will play the games later tonight i need a break I have to get promoted I dont like replaying the games if i lose i keep the results no matter what happens

Most painful part of the season was the Italian cup we knocked out 2 Serie A teams but lost to Fiorentina in the QF 1-1 at home and away we went 1-0 up but then down to ten men after a stupid stupid tackle tried to hold on but lost 3-1 in ET to some very good AI goals I think we could have won the cup.I have such a young team most are 21 22 years old so we will only get better just going to post some good young players with good potential if anyone is interested

Calabria Right Back at AC Milan buy him first season otherwise he costs a fortune later on brilliant player when set to offensive fullback just keeps growing and growing

Seck Roma Left Back fairly cheap at 2 million his ball winning is top class seems to always have wingers in his pocket for me and good at marking so he wont drift away from danger men

Dicko from Wolves 90 pace and explosive power starts off shaky until you build him up a bit set him to dummy runner he makes a lot of dangerous runs and bursts past defenders could be trained to be a super sub in future and brought on to rip apart tired defenders

Last edited:
Been continuing my ML against superstar, full manual etc.

Excellent, tight matches. The CPU isn't dominating in general. There are matches where CPU has more possession, and also the other way round.

However, not a single win yet. Whenever I score, superstar has the tendency to strike back within a few minutes. A couple of draws, yes. Scores like 0-0, 1-0, 1-2. So there is hope. But it wouldn't make any sense to try to win a league. It's more like every match is a battle for survival. I sort of like that. There are no cheap points available, not a single one.

I hate that too you put all the effort into scoring and within 30 seconds you back to square one and question yourself if you could have stopped them scoring I have enjoyed my master league a lot more with teams set to aggressive also finding theres no cheaps point available just how i prefer it

Almost finished the season we have made it into the Italian Serie B Playoff Final

I finished the season in 3rd place behind Chievo and Empoli the teams that were relegated with me last season.Empoli had a lethal striker pairing of Gilardino and Sapanara with 37 goals between them they were just too consistent after i had a shaky start so onto the play off games and who else do i get in the semi final the absolute scourge that is Avellino who else, i swear they are haunting me lol

managed a 1-1 draw at their place and in the return leg at home they went 1-0 up and parked the bus I threw the kitchen sink at them it just wouldnt go in their GK saved EVERYTHING I was starting to panic because if we lost im not sure i could have played another season in Serie B I would have sacked myself for not getting promoted everything was riding on this if i was gonna play PES again for a while as it would mean fixing my option file too but this happened in injury time and i let out a massive roar of COMMEEE ONNN haha

Arini has been with the team from day 1 and the oldest player who is retiring at the end of the season which im gutted about for a 65 rated player he is a monster in DMF will be tough to replace him.I held out in Extra Time finished 2-2 on agg but we went through due to finishing higher in the league

up next is Cesena in the final who have Duric upfront he is a real handful in the air give away corners and free kicks and your in shit street i will play the games later tonight i need a break I have to get promoted I dont like replaying the games if i lose i keep the results no matter what happens

Most painful part of the season was the Italian cup we knocked out 2 Serie A teams but lost to Fiorentina in the QF 1-1 at home and away we went 1-0 up but then down to ten men after a stupid stupid tackle tried to hold on but lost 3-1 in ET to some very good AI goals I think we could have won the cup.I have such a young team most are 21 22 years old so we will only get better just going to post some good young players with good potential if anyone is interested

Calabria Right Back at AC Milan buy him first season otherwise he costs a fortune later on brilliant player when set to offensive fullback just keeps growing and growing

Seck Roma Left Back fairly cheap at 2 million his ball winning is top class seems to always have wingers in his pocket for me and good at marking so he wont drift away from danger men

Dicko from Wolves 90 pace and explosive power starts off shaky until you build him up a bit set him to dummy runner he makes a lot of dangerous runs and bursts past defenders could be trained to be a super sub in future and brought on to rip apart tired defenders

Well done buddy hope you get through . . .dramatic goal at the end there love those . .. I never progressed through all the play offs I was in . . .had to win the League outright which I managed in my third season. . . . how many seasons have you played Saintric? and what settings are you on? . . .I'll be rooting for you. . . go for it.

thanks mate! im in my 3rd season got promoted from 2nd place in serie b first season then relegated in 19th from serie a in the second season and hopefully going straight back up I will have a better team this time round if i get promoted 9 of the same players who got relegated but they were young and now they are improved heres my settings

i play on superstar
12 min matches
pass lvl 1
auto slide tackles off
auto feint on

after this master league i might fix the option file after the jan transfers and do the same as you and use the default team although i think SPAL's team is roughly the same mostly mid 60's rated players anyway I might chuck a few legends in there too from the 90's like batistuta maldini ect to mix up the ML a bit I have litmanen and overmars on myclub to import too i wonder if people can share the legends they unlock using team.bin files anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom