The Master League adventures thread

When i say the minute slider i'm referring to the bit i used to put in the videos which said "34 mins" or "56 mins" etc... i did it a few times but i decided that it ruins the flow of the highlights. The wipe transition looks cool. I would like to have the commentary included but i find that during a whole match it begins to annoy me, heh heh especially when i'm losing. It's like the commentators are purposely trying to wind me up. "What a poor pass" "What a bad shot".

You mentioned my games look like Championship games, the same with your games they really look like Italian games. I think Konami have done wonders with the atmosphere. I can't understand all the fuss about stadiums and turf myself. Also, i have the recorder set at 60 mins. I used to record the whole match and edit it after which worked for 20 odd matches but since i the little nightmares ive had i will record each half separately now.

Enjoy your vids too matey.

Almost forgot to mention Barnsley have a tough December coming up, we are 7th at the moment and our fixtures are...

Cardiff (10th) home
Fulham (5th) away
Wolves (6th) home
Sheff Wed (19th) home
Reading (4th) away
Preston (23rd) home

So four of the games are against promotional rivals as Cardiff, even though 10th, are not far off the play-offs.

Long way to go yet though. Good thing is we have Bradshaw coming back from injury in a couple games after being out for 2 months.

I'm the same Geeee I'm not that pushed about turfs and stadiums . .. what happens on the pitch is what counts for me. . . the rest is cosmetic I know it's important for a lot of people to give it an authentic feel but I'm so used to Konami's ineptitude now. I was wondering how you got the minutes thing up. . . .ah Geee you need the commentary, look at the difference it makes in the Italian matches.. . .your recorder is set at 60 mins? I find I have less problems when I record each half separately . . . in saying that the second half of a match I played today didn't record but I was skipping through replays. I see a few of the lads are defecting to Fifa .. why? for the way it looks, because from reports it doesn't seem to be too great .. .I'm sure they'll be back ha ha. Keep the vids coming bud . .great fun.

I'm the same Geeee I'm not that pushed about turfs and stadiums . .. what happens on the pitch is what counts for me. . . the rest is cosmetic I know it's important for a lot of people to give it an authentic feel but I'm so used to Konami's ineptitude now. I was wondering how you got the minutes thing up. . . .ah Geee you need the commentary, look at the difference it makes in the Italian matches.. . .your recorder is set at 60 mins? I find I have less problems when I record each half separately . . . in saying that the second half of a match I played today didn't record but I was skipping through replays. I see a few of the lads are defecting to Fifa .. why? for the way it looks, because from reports it doesn't seem to be too great .. .I'm sure they'll be back ha ha. Keep the vids coming bud . .great fun.

To get the minutes thing up...on the page where you pick your transitions there is a tab which has an 'a' when you click on that you will see the different text boxes you can add. By the way that's on YouTube.

I played 4 games out of the 5 I listed and only picked up 1 point. So dissapointed, the first 2 games were great though then decided to play another one because my striker was back from injury. It's funny as I normally only play 2 at a time but playing 4 I was losing my enjoyment and seeing the CPU doing pretty much the same attacks, pick the ball up on the byline dribble into the box and either shoot into the corner or pass across the box. It was bugging me Deco because each time i could not stop the shot or cross. It was my own fault because I changed tactics, long ball to short ball, and wide to centre. TS went from 63 to 50. That is such a stupid addition they shouldn't make it drop so drastically. Kinda makes you have to play the same way all the time.

I recorded the matches but not in the mood to upload because there are no wins. I suppose a bit like Spurs losing and having no motivation to watch Match of the Day.

Don't ask me why but I decided to give FIFA another go because I've been reading about the custom tactics. Deco what a pile of dung. I was Spurs v Arsenal and i think the CPU passed back maybe 3 times throughout 120 mins. It was either side or forwards. Don't know why I even give it time. The pitch is so small and seems overcrowded. All the cosmetics are dung too, showing cutscenes every time the ball goes out of play. Poch hands crossed, Wenger hands crossed, players shaking their heads, all that added stuff just infuriates me.

I'm looking forward to going back to PES and being more patient with it. Sticking with my tactics and getting the TS up.

@geeeeee

Yeah, TS is such a bad idea, or at least the implementation (and magnitude) sucks big time.

As an example: wouldn't it actually make sense to switch from, say possession to counter attacking in the middle of the match? Why should that be penalized?

Last edited:
To get the minutes thing up...on the page where you pick your transitions there is a tab which has an 'a' when you click on that you will see the different text boxes you can add. By the way that's on YouTube.

I played 4 games out of the 5 I listed and only picked up 1 point. So dissapointed, the first 2 games were great though then decided to play another one because my striker was back from injury. It's funny as I normally only play 2 at a time but playing 4 I was losing my enjoyment and seeing the CPU doing pretty much the same attacks, pick the ball up on the byline dribble into the box and either shoot into the corner or pass across the box. It was bugging me Deco because each time i could not stop the shot or cross. It was my own fault because I changed tactics, long ball to short ball, and wide to centre. TS went from 63 to 50. That is such a stupid addition they shouldn't make it drop so drastically. Kinda makes you have to play the same way all the time.

I recorded the matches but not in the mood to upload because there are no wins. I suppose a bit like Spurs losing and having no motivation to watch Match of the Day.

Don't ask me why but I decided to give FIFA another go because I've been reading about the custom tactics. Deco what a pile of dung. I was Spurs v Arsenal and i think the CPU passed back maybe 3 times throughout 120 mins. It was either side or forwards. Don't know why I even give it time. The pitch is so small and seems overcrowded. All the cosmetics are dung too, showing cutscenes every time the ball goes out of play. Poch hands crossed, Wenger hands crossed, players shaking their heads, all that added stuff just infuriates me.

I'm looking forward to going back to PES and being more patient with it. Sticking with my tactics and getting the TS up.

Geeeeee we nearly lost you to the game that shall not be mentioned again.. nooooooooo. You Have to become more tolerant .. . the TS thing is wrong the way it can drop. .. the idea of that is prove to you that the players have to acclimatise to new tactics but it goes up if you keep using it .. .I think it's bollocks myself, sometimes you have to change tactics during a match. You'll get back to winning ways I went through a patch where for 7 matches nothing went right for me ... some of the matches were dreadful muck .. players running into each other, nobody getting a foot on the ball . .the A.I scoring shite goals. . .but that's the way ML plays out swings and roundabouts .. if you won every match in swashbuckling style that would be equally as bad.

Here is my first match from yesterday...

I really enjoyed this match not loads of shots but some good play.

With the TP, if i decide to play some games with short passing obviously the TP with that tactic starts to go up. But does my long passing TP gradually go down?

I think I am finally, finally set for this game.

Until today I have been defending "manually": I have only used the x-button to tackle by pressing double-x, haven't used it pressure magnetically.

Today I played the same match a large number of times. Kept losing. Tried different approaches, didn't help. Attacking was difficult but interesting, defending was hell. The CPU had over 90% pass rate in all cases.

Then gave in and started using extended presses of x-button to tackle the ball away. Took a bit of practicing, but the difference is radical. Match ended 0-0. Good match. Lost next one 2-1 against a strong opposition. Am now playing a weaker opposition away and for the first time ever on superstar I am dominanting an away match.

So I am letting go of my manual defending approach.

With the TP, if i decide to play some games with short passing obviously the TP with that tactic starts to go up. But does my long passing TP gradually go down?

Great video Geeee. ..your build up play has really improved, as a matter of fact you could have won that game. .. you should have at least scored a couple of goals ... .I really enjoyed it. No I don't think the long passing TP would go down why would it? It seems to only take a drop if you introduce something new like a tactic or formation or new players of lesser ability in the chosen position for them.

Great video Geeee. ..your build up play has really improved, as a matter of fact you could have won that game. .. you should have at least scored a couple of goals ... .I really enjoyed it. No I don't think the long passing TP would go down why would it? It seems to only take a drop if you introduce something new like a tactic or formation or new players of lesser ability in the chosen position for them.

Yeh i really felt that if we scored we would have scored again.

Regarding TP, this is what i thought.

With Long Passing TP = 62
With Short Passing TP = 50

After 20 games with Short Passing TP increases to 60.

But reverting back to Long Passing TP has decreased to 55 because i haven't used it for 20 games.

Has anybody tried this?

Yeh i really felt that if we scored we would have scored again.

Regarding TP, this is what i thought.

With Long Passing TP = 62
With Short Passing TP = 50

After 20 games with Short Passing TP increases to 60.

But reverting back to Long Passing TP has decreased to 55 because i haven't used it for 20 games.

Has anybody tried this?

Ah I understand what you mean now, I thought you meant in one of the other 2 formations that the change would occur. . in the same one you mean? I haven't noticed it I usually use the 3 different formation set ups for different tactics. .. . it seems to favour the new one that you have used as the players have adapted to that and got rusty by not using the former one. . . strange alright .. ..have to look out for it Geeeee.

Nice! :) Have you edited the highlights reel on the PS4 or does the game do it for you somehow?

Nice! :) Have you edited the highlights reel on the PS4 or does the game do it for you somehow?
Heh heh I just replied to your other post. You have to do it yourself. It takes time though if I'm honest. I only do it cos I'm sad. Sometimes I spend more time editing than playing. :P

If you get your PS4 let us know and we will explain a bit more. :)

Heh heh I just replied to your other post. You have to do it yourself. It takes time though if I'm honest. I only do it cos I'm sad. Sometimes I spend more time editing than playing. :P

If you get your PS4 let us know and we will explain a bit more. :)

Cool, thanks. :) I'm getting one later this week, will have to get PES too, and I'll probably chip in with some videos too. :)

I made my first appearance back in Bari as manager of ternana. full game highlights
2:12 - Ternana counter attack end with skill and yellow card, sets the tone for the game
3:48 - Romizi gives Bari the lead
16:30 - Bacinovic equalises
21:40 - former Ryan protege Monachello wins Bari a penalty....
23:10 - Ragusa misses a sitter to bury Ternana

and from that game i noticed a bug in ML.

If you manage one club, send players out on loan. then leave that club to manage another. the players that are out on loan do not return to the club at the end of their loan periods.

Bari's squad size seemed unreasonably small in the game plan list and i never remembered having that little players. i double checked my spreadsheet and the missing players were the ones I had loaned out as Bari manager.

Also explains why it wouldn't let me bring in Monachello, it would have set Bari's squad under the minimum size limit!

If you manage one club, send players out on loan. then leave that club to manage another. the players that are out on loan do not return to the club at the end of their loan periods.

Bari's squad size seemed unreasonably small in the game plan list and i never remembered having that little players. i double checked my spreadsheet and the missing players were the ones I had loaned out as Bari manager.

Also explains why it wouldn't let me bring in Monachello, it would have set Bari's squad under the minimum size limit!
Jesus Christ.

Who do we tell, who'll care?

Jesus Christ.

Who do we tell, who'll care?

I tweeted officalpes about it, not sure if I'll get a reply.

I've said it before but they should get a customer facing QA guy. Someone who gathers bug reports from the community and investigates and tests them to see if they can reproduce and what the impact is.

Ps konami I'm a professional QA who'll be out of work on Friday *nudge nudge*

Did you contact the new manager of Bari and let him know?

I have been waiting months for the PESUNIVERSE v3 with all of klansmans tactics to start a new ML with Sevilla, reading your great stories is getting me excited!

Olimpo redux, season 2

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes, speed 0

Highlight reel

Having let go of my "manual" defensive constraints, now this is the best game ever!

It is now possible to play a truly defensive match against superstar. I played the match above with low A/D. The CPU also had a defensive 4-1-4-1 formation that made it extremely difficult for me to build. The reel shows the most dangerous chance of the entire match.

It's like Fifa 14 against legendary, except much, much better.

Olimpo redux, season 2

Report on match: Olimpo - San Martín San Huan

Highlight reel

Calling these matches intense would be an understatement.

Olimpo redux, season 2

Report on match: Olimpo - San Martín San Huan

Highlight reel

Calling these matches intense would be an understatement.

That mid air trap and volley deserved a goal at .49. .. . .does the tight marking make a difference? And is it only used by you for center forwards?

does the tight marking make a difference? And is it only used by you for center forwards?
I practically always mark tightly the most dangerous forward to decrease the likelihood of a through ball. Haven't questioned the approach lately, that is, haven't tested whether it makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom