The Master League adventures thread

loads of serie B love in here good to see.

Ternana currently 4th after 12 games W5 D5 L2.

Bari languishing in 17th, they will regret losing me that's for sure.

I was wondering why I beat them so easily the other day. . .I thought to myself. . . .jeez Ryan's becoming a pushover lately.

thanks mate! im in my 3rd season got promoted from 2nd place in serie b first season then relegated in 19th from serie a in the second season and hopefully going straight back up I will have a better team this time round if i get promoted 9 of the same players who got relegated but they were young and now they are improved heres my settings

i play on superstar
12 min matches
pass lvl 1
auto slide tackles off
auto feint on

after this master league i might fix the option file after the jan transfers and do the same as you and use the default team although i think SPAL's team is roughly the same mostly mid 60's rated players anyway I might chuck a few legends in there too from the 90's like batistuta maldini ect to mix up the ML a bit I have litmanen and overmars on myclub to import too i wonder if people can share the legends they unlock using team.bin files anyone know?

I know nothing. . .about bin files. I'm in a bit of a relegation scrap after promotion to Serie A myself. . . . .hmmm scripting?
I'll do my utmost not to go back to Serie B. . . I seem to be drawing an awful lot of matches. . .we'll see how it goes a point is better than nothing. . btw Saintric I started with the defaults on manual top player . . .it's great when you sign an unknown quantity who turns out to be a bargain.

fa cup final, at wembley, mid day, couldn';t get any better than this, liverpool where on the up before this match winning all matches of late, it was a great afternoon, first goal coming very very early, and probably u wouldn't ask why mignolet isn't first choice goalkeeper these days at liverpool XD, it ended 3-0 to me.
settings:
Superstar 12 min, basic shooting, pa1

Last edited:
Hi guys, been enjoying your posts but no time to reply. Just a couple of vids, unfortunately the second match didn't save so only end of match highlights for that one.

TEAM - BARNSLEY
OPTION FILE - GOALGERD'S
LEVEL - PROF
TIME - 20 MINS
FULL MANUAL

Bologna v Sampdoria .. . . tough match.

love ur vid man feels like a serie a match definitrly in that stadium and that goal net style, love it however i find that at -1 gamespeed the game suffers from slowmotion animations which doesnt feel right, gk reacts in slowmotion.

love ur vid man feels like a serie a match definitrly in that stadium and that goal net style, love it however i find that at -1 gamespeed the game suffers from slowmotion animations which doesnt feel right, gk reacts in slowmotion.

It's either that speed or too fast on 0. . .Italian football is usually slow quick slow default speed would suit la Liga better. Btw an update patch came out today to do with 4k. ... might be a couple of sly tweaks thrown in.

Olimpo redux, season 1

Settings: superstar, full manual (L2), 20 minutes, speed 0

Finished season 1 with some hallmark superstar matches.

First won an away match 1-2, protecting the lead for the last 20 virtual minutes. My players felt like running in tar, but we played safe and smart and delivered.

Then dominated shots 8-2 at home, which hadn't happened earlier either. Still ended 0-0, but was an important milestone anyway.

I think I am gradually getting to the point where superstar is no longer just a form of punishment but (at least sometimes) an enjoyable challenge. Moving on to season 2. Our team spirit is around 70.

Bologna v Sampdoria .. . . tough match.

Good game Deco, sorry you lost it looked quite even. I found it funny in the first half when the shot hit the advertising board and hit the back of your keepers head and went in. If that was a five a side pitch that would have counted. :)

Good game Deco, sorry you lost it looked quite even. I found it funny in the first half when the shot hit the advertising board and hit the back of your keepers head and went in. If that was a five a side pitch that would have counted. :)

I only showed it Geeee because it's a typical Serie A match and fairly tight . .it was total concentration for the 90 mins .. I never noticed the incident with the ad board .. .just watched your vid now good win against Brum ... .what height is your defence line in the first game geeee? It looks suicidal or do you do that deliberately to make it exciting . .you daredevil. Anyway I survived my first season in Serie A . . .have to work on my finishing . . letting me down. Geee if you need to buy a colossus up front try Sorloth the Norwegian center forward. . ..he's like a juggernaut. Still no sign of Rock.

Olimpo redux, season 1

Settings: superstar, full manual (L2), 20 minutes, speed 0

Finished season 1 with some hallmark superstar matches.

First won an away match 1-2, protecting the lead for the last 20 virtual minutes. My players felt like running in tar, but we played safe and smart and delivered.

Then dominated shots 8-2 at home, which hadn't happened earlier either. Still ended 0-0, but was an important milestone anyway.

I think I am gradually getting to the point where superstar is no longer just a form of punishment but (at least sometimes) an enjoyable challenge. Moving on to season 2. Our team spirit is around 70.

Where's the videos? Don't be shy.

I only showed it Geeee because it's a typical Serie A match and fairly tight . .it was total concentration for the 90 mins .. I never noticed the incident with the ad board .. .just watched your vid now good win against Brum ... .what height is your defence line in the first game geeee? It looks suicidal or do you do that deliberately to make it exciting . .you daredevil. Anyway I survived my first season in Serie A . . .have to work on my finishing . . letting me down. Geee if you need to buy a colossus up front try Sorloth the Norwegian center forward. . ..he's like a juggernaut. Still no sign of Rock.

Heh heh you need to watch that incident in your vid Deco with the GK, it's around the 20min mark. Just reminded me a bit of funny incidents that happened in PES5. There was a game i played against my brother on PES5, he had a penalty, the ball hit the post and came out but my GK was on his knees shaking his head when the ball was back in play then my brother then had a shot and my GK tried to save it but couldn't. It was as if the animation was a bit behind or something but it was so so funny. I wish i had been able to record that.

Regarding the defensive line. First of all i played so poor in that game, first game back from my hols (i should have had a practice session first). When they went 2-0 up, i changed my formation to 2-3-5 so they kept breaking and it was only our GK and poor finishing that kept the score line so low. Heh heh i don't normally play that way.

Next game was so impressive beating Birmingham. I was gutted that it didn't record because there were some cracking moments in the match. Especially when it was 2-0 and they were pounding the goal but we managed to hold on and get a third.

Hopefully will get to play a couple today. :)

anyone noticing input lag only day matches and on certain stadiums, yesterday i was playing vs my friend at olimpia stadion berlin, day match, and input lag was unbearable even while playing windowed mode..

Haven't been saving any, been just focusing on playing and trying to learn new things. I am somewhat surprised by how much I am still learning.

That's what I like about this game you never come to the point like old Pes editions where you feel you have it all sussed and know how to beat everybody . .. I'm seeing new things every time I play it .. . .that's the great thing about having a training mode.

Heh heh you need to watch that incident in your vid Deco with the GK, it's around the 20min mark. Just reminded me a bit of funny incidents that happened in PES5. There was a game i played against my brother on PES5, he had a penalty, the ball hit the post and came out but my GK was on his knees shaking his head when the ball was back in play then my brother then had a shot and my GK tried to save it but couldn't. It was as if the animation was a bit behind or something but it was so so funny. I wish i had been able to record that.

Regarding the defensive line. First of all i played so poor in that game, first game back from my hols (i should have had a practice session first). When they went 2-0 up, i changed my formation to 2-3-5 so they kept breaking and it was only our GK and poor finishing that kept the score line so low. Heh heh i don't normally play that way.

Next game was so impressive beating Birmingham. I was gutted that it didn't record because there were some cracking moments in the match. Especially when it was 2-0 and they were pounding the goal but we managed to hold on and get a third.

Hopefully will get to play a couple today. :)

Good to have you back Geeee. ... I just saw the adboard 'goal' there ha. I was wondering about your defense, looked weird. . . . don't talk to me about the recordings . . . .I've had some incredible moves not getting recorded . .sickener .. .I found sometimes that if you hurry the replay along to get out of it during a match it can knock the recorder off. .. . . look forward to your vids bud.

Good to have you back Geeee. ... I just saw the adboard 'goal' there ha. I was wondering about your defense, looked weird. . . . don't talk to me about the recordings . . . .I've had some incredible moves not getting recorded . .sickener .. .I found sometimes that if you hurry the replay along to get out of it during a match it can knock the recorder off. .. . . look forward to your vids bud.

Oh ok that's good to know because i skipped a lot of replays during that match. So maybe that's why. Thanks for the tip :)

Yeh not sure where Rock is, don't think he was enjoying it as much. Sometimes i'm pleased that i'm not that good at the game because it adds to the longevity of it. At the moment i cannot see me going above Prof.

Oh ok that's good to know because i skipped a lot of replays during that match. So maybe that's why. Thanks for the tip :)

Yeh not sure where Rock is, don't think he was enjoying it as much. Sometimes i'm pleased that i'm not that good at the game because it adds to the longevity of it. At the moment i cannot see me going above Prof.

Don't take that tip as gospel but I found a lot of the time it turned off the recorder without letting me know. .. ... none of us are great players Geeee . . just enjoy it for what it is. . . .saying that I played my first match of the new season this morning v AC Milan and got beaten 0-1 by a horrible jammy deflection. .robbed.

About deflections... I´m sad that yesterday I turned the game off because a stupid goal against Liverpool... I should accept it and move on, those are things that rarely happen but it felt so scripted I couldn´t help my self... Cup match against Liverpool, and I was playing good... but around 40', a through ball from Liverpool went to far, Hall (CB) was covering the pass so he chased the ball, but the GK also reacted and came up a bit to receive the ball. Meanwhile, I had already pressed the pass button, to launch the ball to Maxwell (RB), but sudenly Hall makes a bit of a slower run, even though I was pressing the sprint button because Sturridge was still chasing me, GK keeps coming for the ball, in a calm way. When Hall finaly gets to the ball he waits for a second before the pass, and then both Hall and the GK hesitate, while Sturridge approaches the ball... Hall even moves away from the ball in the last second, despite I didn´t change anything, not even used super cancel... GK shoots the ball (he could have catched it), ball hits Hall, goes back and hits GK, both fall on the ground, and Sturridge gets a clean shot in the box...

Should have been hilarious, but when it happens to you in a decisive match, it really pulls your nerves! Liverpool wasn´t doing anything special, it felt like they had to be helped to win the match...

Wish I could play in professional, but it´s so easy now for me even with PA0... My team has a high TS, wich in my opinon is bad. I noticed that playing manual, with a high TS, is almost like playing with PA1. Players move very well, explore spaces etc... I´m going to finish this season in QPR and then move on to another club for a new challenge.

About deflections... I´m sad that yesterday I turned the game off because a stupid goal against Liverpool... I should accept it and move on, those are things that rarely happen but it felt so scripted I couldn´t help my self... Cup match against Liverpool, and I was playing good... but around 40', a through ball from Liverpool went to far, Hall (CB) was covering the pass so he chased the ball, but the GK also reacted and came up a bit to receive the ball. Meanwhile, I had already pressed the pass button, to launch the ball to Maxwell (RB), but sudenly Hall makes a bit of a slower run, even though I was pressing the sprint button because Sturridge was still chasing me, GK keeps coming for the ball, in a calm way. When Hall finaly gets to the ball he waits for a second before the pass, and then both Hall and the GK hesitate, while Sturridge approaches the ball... Hall even moves away from the ball in the last second, despite I didn´t change anything, not even used super cancel... GK shoots the ball (he could have catched it), ball hits Hall, goes back and hits GK, both fall on the ground, and Sturridge gets a clean shot in the box...

Should have been hilarious, but when it happens to you in a decisive match, it really pulls your nerves! Liverpool wasn´t doing anything special, it felt like they had to be helped to win the match...

Wish I could play in professional, but it´s so easy now for me even with PA0... My team has a high TS, wich in my opinon is bad. I noticed that playing manual, with a high TS, is almost like playing with PA1. Players move very well, explore spaces etc... I´m going to finish this season in QPR and then move on to another club for a new challenge.

Lol sounds like a scene from Laurel and Hardy .. . .I had one 2 weeks ago where my keeper was clearing the ball and it hit the back of my defenders head and looped in ha ha.

No, don't leave QPR until you have won the Champions League! ;)

No, don't leave QPR until you have won the Champions League! ;)

Well I´m happy to say that I´m through the group stage eheh. Next I´ll face Real Madrid, so... In the Premier I´m in 4th place. I´ve played a couple matches in Pro, and it flows really well. Main problem is CPU can´t shoot against me, wich is not fair, I end up my macthes with around 10 shots and CPU 0 shots. I don´t like TS this way... at the begining nothing really works, and when it´s high, almost everything goes well, except scoring, and that´s when scripting kicks in so you can´t score all the time.

evo1_Untitled.png

The play-off final turned into an anti climax after a tough 1st leg away where I lost 2-1 and played badly but in the 2nd leg at home I got my biggest ever victory on superstar it wasnt even that the game was easy Cesena had 8 shots to our 12 but we blitzed them with 3 goals in 10 minutes of the first half and my goalkeeper was on fire when needed so its straight back to Serie A after 1 season and this time my team will be a danger to everyone

Arini retired what a player he was for us and what a way to go out scoring the vital semi final goal to save us.He captained the team vs the Old Boys in his testimonial match we lost 3-0 but Arini left his mark by almost snapping Quaresmas shin bone in two and missing a sitter when put upfront for the last 15 minutes.His replacement for next season F.Bullugou is already secured from FC Lorient he has big boots to fill

evo2_Untitled.png

Sampdoria v Atalanta

This is what happens when you take things for granted . ..lack of concentration cost me 3 precious points. DOH!

That is a gutter Deco! I thought you had the 3 points in the bag. Silly mistake to make. I loved Vido's goal thats one of the best vollies ive seen.

A question, do you still find it easy to dispossess the CPU on higher levels? I look at my goals and shots and a lot of them are from me getting the ball back in their own half. I try to hold off doing it but cant help myself sometimes.

Reading about the CPU 'momentum' swing a few pages back, i actually think the CPU team plays gengen press (cant remember the name) so they start hounding the players more which makes us make mistakes rather than scripting.

Anyway two more videos. The first half of the first game i messed up. I was playing and my finger slipped to the 'home' button in the 44th minute so that half didn't record either. Im having a bt of a nightmare with recording at the moment. Second game recorded good though. Ive ditched the minute slide as i thought it ruined the momentum a bit. I like the transition you use Deco.

That is a gutter Deco! I thought you had the 3 points in the bag. Silly mistake to make. I loved Vido's goal thats one of the best vollies ive seen.

A question, do you still find it easy to dispossess the CPU on higher levels? I look at my goals and shots and a lot of them are from me getting the ball back in their own half. I try to hold off doing it but cant help myself sometimes.

Reading about the CPU 'momentum' swing a few pages back, i actually think the CPU team plays gengen press (cant remember the name) so they start hounding the players more which makes us make mistakes rather than scripting.

Anyway two more videos. The first half of the first game i messed up. I was playing and my finger slipped to the 'home' button in the 44th minute so that half didn't record either. Im having a bt of a nightmare with recording at the moment. Second game recorded good though. Ive ditched the minute slide as i thought it ruined the momentum a bit. I like the transition you use Deco.

Great videos Geeee. . . your build up play is improving . .more patient. . you nearly scored a great o.g as well lol.. .. .I cocked up the win in my match. . . stupid mistake.. .I do find the dispossession easy sometimes .. .but I'm not going to turn it down especially if I'm losing. . .I played a few matches during the week and it was 90 mins of crazy concentration. . had to fight for every ball. . . .you could be right about gengen . .but sometimes it can be human error like what I did in handing them a goal. . . .what's the minute slide Geee? . . I use the wipe transition . . it looks cool. . .You were the master of editing Geeee. . .funny thing is your games really capture the feel of the Championship .. . I usually record at the start and use what you told me. . . the 30 min setting but I stop it at half time and start again for the second half .. .important to remember that and then stop again at the end. .. .we seem to be the only two who are putting up vids at the moment but keep it up buddy .. your vids are very entertaining.

Frustrating Deco especially since i see you do the same as me and let the result stand and dont reload to try again but thats the best way to play isnt it

I have an issue with Italian Cup I have drawn the same route 3 years in a row now Cittadella, Sassuolo,Genoa,Fiorentina in the QF anyone else had this issue?

Frustrating Deco especially since i see you do the same as me and let the result stand and dont reload to try again but thats the best way to play isnt it

I have an issue with Italian Cup I have drawn the same route 3 years in a row now Cittadella, Sassuolo,Genoa,Fiorentina in the QF anyone else had this issue?

Yeh saintric I tend to get the same teams in succession in the cup.. ...I never replay any matches . .. .you're only fooling yourself if you restart.

Great videos Geeee. . . your build up play is improving . .more patient. . you nearly scored a great o.g as well lol.. .. .I cocked up the win in my match. . . stupid mistake.. .I do find the dispossession easy sometimes .. .but I'm not going to turn it down especially if I'm losing. . .I played a few matches during the week and it was 90 mins of crazy concentration. . had to fight for every ball. . . .you could be right about gengen . .but sometimes it can be human error like what I did in handing them a goal. . . .what's the minute slide Geee? . . I use the wipe transition . . it looks cool. . .You were the master of editing Geeee. . .funny thing is your games really capture the feel of the Championship .. . I usually record at the start and use what you told me. . . the 30 min setting but I stop it at half time and start again for the second half .. .important to remember that and then stop again at the end. .. .we seem to be the only two who are putting up vids at the moment but keep it up buddy .. your vids are very entertaining.

When i say the minute slider i'm referring to the bit i used to put in the videos which said "34 mins" or "56 mins" etc... i did it a few times but i decided that it ruins the flow of the highlights. The wipe transition looks cool. I would like to have the commentary included but i find that during a whole match it begins to annoy me, heh heh especially when i'm losing. It's like the commentators are purposely trying to wind me up. "What a poor pass" "What a bad shot".

You mentioned my games look like Championship games, the same with your games they really look like Italian games. I think Konami have done wonders with the atmosphere. I can't understand all the fuss about stadiums and turf myself. Also, i have the recorder set at 60 mins. I used to record the whole match and edit it after which worked for 20 odd matches but since i the little nightmares ive had i will record each half separately now.

Enjoy your vids too matey.

Almost forgot to mention Barnsley have a tough December coming up, we are 7th at the moment and our fixtures are...

Cardiff (10th) home
Fulham (5th) away
Wolves (6th) home
Sheff Wed (19th) home
Reading (4th) away
Preston (23rd) home

So four of the games are against promotional rivals as Cardiff, even though 10th, are not far off the play-offs.

Long way to go yet though. Good thing is we have Bradshaw coming back from injury in a couple games after being out for 2 months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom