The Master League adventures thread

Sampdoria away
Not a very fun game,CPU had a pass% of 89
Lost it 1-0,big suprise...
Tried to score,had all my boys up front,constant bombardment,good game,bit pissed with the obvious CPU cheat though.

Bologna away
Same story,CPU passing geniuses,again 87%
But snatched a 2-0 win in the end
Shit game.
Empoli at home
Didn't start well exactly,Empoli got a pen in the 7th minute,and I got Romanogli sent off.
0-1
I upped my offensive level to max,kept my defence to three players,and in the 40th minute Sane scored after some commotion in their box
1-1
Second half I subbed one of my strikers for a defender,and played 4-4-1 and with a very offensive edge to it.
Kept pressing and getting shots on goal and scored in the 58th
2-1
Now I backed down,maximum defence,parked the bus for real,and they came at me with everything.
I was so lucky to hold on to my lead,goal line clearing,posts,crossbars,but I held on.
2-1 me.

I'm just one point ahead of Juventus after 30 games.
It's damn near impossible to make a break for it,as soon as you get ahead with a few points,CPU decides otherwise and catch you.
Next few games
Benfica away,probably play them with a reserve team,or even sim it.
Lazio and Inter after that,and with the way CPU has behaved lately,I'm not looking fw to these

Benfica away CL leg 2
not much to write about,reserves played this one,lost it 1-0,but I'm through to the qtrs with 4-1

Champions League draw.
yes,the worst possible.
Barcelona.
that will be a test...

Lazio away day 32
this proved to be an amazing game,played it on 20 minutes,and the game felt so good,suddenly the game had a number of different faces.
so different from a 15 minute game.
got 1-0 down in the 18th minute,a cross was met by Immobile,who struck it on volley for 1-0.
10 minutes later immobile was through on goal after my back four was going forward,my defender Gonzalez clipped him an got sent off.
penalty and they missed,or my 2nd Gk saved it.
still alive..
in the 43rd minute a through ball did leave my striker all alone with their Gk and 1-1.
2nd half
I kept playing with 3 def and Lazio turned up the heat,i got a few half chances,but the rest of the game was all Lazios,but I held on for a draw.
1-1

amazing game,never experienced this tension and change of initiative in a 15 minute game
much more variation in pace aswell,really recommend you boys to try it.
it really requires a gameplan,more than before
great stuff
next games will be the semis in the cup vs Inter

Practiced attacking yesterday. Looked at replay videos. It looked seriously bad. Horribly unproductive.

Started thinking. We have tried to improve our attacking. The end result is worse than what it used to be.

Sat down. Thought about the offensive principles we used to have before we became obsessed with breaking the defense in 1 vs. 1 situations.

Noticed that we had completely neglected one principle. Practiced a bit more, forgetting entirely 1 vs 1's and focusing on the old principles alone. Started to look like football.

Took the next ML match, still keeping the old principles in mind. Playtime ran out, and the match is on pause, but in the first 30' or so we had five good chances to score. It's still 0-0, but for the first time in the entire ML we dominated. Opposition keeper kept them in the game.

Can't wait to get back to the game. (Unfortunately a lot of other program this week.)

OK I think I should rather ditch ML till after the October update.

Really enjoying my 1st season in serie B. Sitting in the bottom half but getting Leandro Perreira early had given me a fighting chance on superstar PA1

Annoyed that I almost always have 60%+ possession against the AI who just hang tight in the box and try to pick me out in the counter.

Benfica away CL leg 2
not much to write about,reserves played this one,lost it 1-0,but I'm through to the qtrs with 4-1

Champions League draw.
yes,the worst possible.
Barcelona.
that will be a test...

Lazio away day 32
this proved to be an amazing game,played it on 20 minutes,and the game felt so good,suddenly the game had a number of different faces.
got 1-0 down in the 18th minute,a cross was met by Immobile,who struck it on volley for 1-0.
10 minutes later immobile was through on goal after my back four was going forward,my defender Gonzalez clipped him an got sent off.
still alive..
in the 43rd minute a through ball did leave my striker all alone with their Gk and 1-1.
2nd half
I kept playing with 3 def and Lazio turned up the heat,i got a few half chances,but the rest of the game was all Lazios,but I held on for a draw.
1-1

amazing game,never experienced this tension and change of initiative in a 15 minute game
great stuff

Sounds like intense exciting times on the run in of the League Rock. . . ..I can feel Juve's breath on the back of your neck. .. you might get over the line. . .. . .keep your foot on the accelerator. . . I was thinking of 20 mins matches as well. . 15 feels too short lately.

OK I think I should rather ditch ML till after the October update.

Really enjoying my 1st season in serie B. Sitting in the bottom half but getting Leandro Perreira early had given me a fighting chance on superstar PA1

Annoyed that I almost always have 60%+ possession against the AI who just hang tight in the box and try to pick me out in the counter.

Isn't that the Italian way Zee. .. counter attacking. Superstar is too tough for me at the moment.

Practiced attacking yesterday. Looked at replay videos. It looked seriously bad. Horribly unproductive.

Started thinking. We have tried to improve our attacking. The end result is worse than what it used to be.

Sat down. Thought about the offensive principles we used to have before we became obsessed with breaking the defense in 1 vs. 1 situations.

Noticed that we had completely neglected one principle. Practiced a bit more, forgetting entirely 1 vs 1's and focusing on the old principles alone. Started to look like football.

Took the next ML match, still keeping the old principles in mind. Playtime ran out, and the match is on pause, but in the first 30' or so we had five good chances to score. It's still 0-0, but for the first time in the entire ML we dominated. Opposition keeper kept them in the game.

Can't wait to get back to the game. (Unfortunately a lot of other program this week.)

What's the principle that you neglected? Tell me. . .you can't leave me wondering all day.

Ac Milan-Fiorentina
12th placed Fiorentina vs me,sad to see their decline,should be higher up.
A home game,and also no excuses,3pts needed,and 3points demanded.
Rainy and slow pitch,but I started out fairly defensively,got 1-0 on a fast counter attack,played a brought their midfield.
Felt that this game wasn't going anywhere,but than on a cross,their striker threw himself in front of my CB and got a foot on it for 1-1

Second half I decided to play more offensive,down their wings as much as possible,two crosses into their box made it 2-1 and 3-1 before the 60th minute.
Made a triple sub in the 65th,Sane/Mertens/Bacca out,and threw in Honda/Bonaventura/Locatelli and pretty much saw the game out.
3-1 me
And Juve had a draw so I'm 4pts ahead after 28 games.

AC Milan-Benfica Champions League last 32 game 1

This game was a no contest,should have been referee stops contest early on.
I pretty much killed them,fast direct passing through their midfield had me up by 3-0 before HT.
Scored 4-0 in the closing minutes aswell.
Promising for the next leg,hopefully I can rest a few players.
Here's the 2-0 goal

Next two games are away to Sampdoria and Bologna.
Tricky games

Benfica away CL leg 2

Champions League draw.
yes,the worst possible.
Barcelona.
that will be a test...

Lazio away day 32
still alive..
2nd half
1-1

great stuff

Good result on the European matches! Barcelona might be a surprise there! Can´t wait to see it, I actually have hopes of seeing you go ahead and leave Barcelona behind.

I also play 20 mins matches and its great... matches are intense on Top Player so it never feels too much!

I´ve beaten Cardiff City and Sheffield Wednesday yesterday, 1-0 and 2-1. Both matches at home but I was a bit sceptical because all my players needed some rest. I played with half the usual team, no Polter, Wijnaldum, Niellendner, Danilo. But the old guys made it through, showing all their experience. Fulham lost points so I´m now on 2nd, 4 points ahead of Fulham and 6 points behind Bournemouth.
On this month, I had 5 players on the team of the month, all the attack was there, Polter, Lobato, Niellendner, Wijnaldum and Bagkoto. No wonder, 6 matches, 6 wins, and really keaping up the pace and moving up on the table... let´s see if we can keep this running!

Ha ha,great stuff,that happened to me to (almost) played Napoli and Reina took the freekick,Donnarumma my GK saved,and tried to go for goal on the following kick,saved by their CB a few yards before the goal line

Yeah I have no idea why he came up to take it, he never did again after that. I mean this was about 10-15 mins in as well. As soon as I got the ball back, I knew I had to just lump it... still didn't win though :(

Ive worked it out that in 72 league games and 4 cup games, I have won a total of 16 times :D

Stroke of luck . . .used Goalgerds option files and did an update from Konami and had 2 player swapped for 2 other players in Master league. . .but it worked in my favour. Zamarano was replaced by a guy called Orlando Berrio .. . a Colombian striker aged 31 with a rating of 67. . . he scored a decent goal on his debut and now that Petagna is out injured I have Berrio in from the start of the next match. We had to face Latina in this match and we're strugglling to keep in touch for an automatic second spot promotion place.

Cagliari v Latina Calcio

We are in 4th spot now . .. 7 points behind second placed Bari. .. can Berrio become the catalyst to help us push for promotion?

Sounds like intense exciting times on the run in of the League Rock. . . ..I can feel Juve's breath on the back of your neck. .. you might get over the line. . .. . .keep your foot on the accelerator. . . I was thinking of 20 mins matches as well. . 15 feels too short lately.
Go for it Dec,it's a huge difference,and I think,only played one game,that the scorelines are kept realistic

Good result on the European matches! Barcelona might be a surprise there! Can´t wait to see it, I actually have hopes of seeing you go ahead and leave Barcelona behind.

I also play 20 mins matches and its great... matches are intense on Top Player so it never feels too much!

I´ve beaten Cardiff City and Sheffield Wednesday yesterday, 1-0 and 2-1. Both matches at home but I was a bit sceptical because all my players needed some rest. I played with half the usual team, no Polter, Wijnaldum, Niellendner, Danilo. But the old guys made it through, showing all their experience. Fulham lost points so I´m now on 2nd, 4 points ahead of Fulham and 6 points behind Bournemouth.
On this month, I had 5 players on the team of the month, all the attack was there, Polter, Lobato, Niellendner, Wijnaldum and Bagkoto. No wonder, 6 matches, 6 wins, and really keaping up the pace and moving up on the table... let´s see if we can keep this running!
On a good run there mate,hope you get the n to the promotion race
Totally agree on the 20 m games,plays better,I was worried about scorelines,played a few on 16, and they were horrible,7-4 and so is on

Stroke of luck . . .used Goalgerds option files and did an update from Konami and had 2 player swapped for 2 other players in Master league. . .but it worked in my favour. Zamarano was replaced by a guy called Orlando Berrio .. . a Colombian striker aged 31 with a rating of 67. . . he scored a decent goal on his debut and now that Petagna is out injured I have Berrio in from the start of the next match. We had to face Latina in this match and we're strugglling to keep in touch for an automatic second spot promotion place.

Cagliari v Latina Calcio

We are in 4th spot now . .. 7 points behind second placed Bari. .. can Berrio become the catalyst to help us push for promotion?
That Berrio dude...seems like a game changer.
Go get Bari

Yeah I have no idea why he came up to take it, he never did again after that. I mean this was about 10-15 mins in as well. As soon as I got the ball back, I knew I had to just lump it... still didn't win though :(

Ive worked it out that in 72 league games and 4 cup games, I have won a total of 16 times :D
That's a rough spell:)
But that's what keeps this game so good,the challenge,can't master it,takes a long time
Good luck mate

popped in Pes 16 yesterday,just to see the difference,remember reading early reviews on 17 by the tin foil crew," it's just like 16 but with free kicks"
it's such a huge difference in gameplay,like night and day.
but one thing I noticed,and can't really shake it,Pes 16 looks so much better,kits,stadiums,light,pitch.
how is that even possible?

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - NOVEMBER

Bari's win against Spezia at the end of October was a fantastic gift for Bari's suffering travelling fans, with the schedulers giving i Galletti three further away games in November plus a home game against lowly Pisa, the coach will have his work cut out to push on from the recent results.

Salernitana vs Bari

Some respite for the hardy hundred or so that usually travel away to watch their beloved Bari as they were joined by another thousand faithful for the shortest away trip on the calendar to fourth placed Salernitana. Boss Ryan continued with the defensive 442 utilising the wings with Toni as the target man, Monachello returned from injury in the week but De Luca kept his place after a run of form. After an hour however it was time for the joint-leading scorer to come on and make his mark, a cross came in from the right via another substitute in Boateng, Monachello controlled with his thigh and placed it beautifully in the near corner to give Bari their second win in a row.

Salernitana 0 - 1 Bari - Goal: Monachello, MoM: Toni

Bari vs Pisa

Match-winner of the previous game, Gaetano Monachello earned himself a start in the Home game against Pisa in an otherwise unchanged side. The home team stepped up a gear from the usual defensive style and really attacked the struggling Torri led by Gennaro Gattuso. The first goal came when Romizi broke free in midfield, came forward with the ball and rasped a 25 yarder into the far corner with a real goal of the season contender. Pisa created very few chances in the game and i Galletti were on their way to a third consecutive win. The icing on the cake came from none other than Luca Toni, finally scoring his first goal for Bari with a sublime finish across the keeper from 15 yards after Substitute Brienza slotted him through with the perfect pass, a special moment for the manager who backed the under fire veteran striker throughout recent periods of uncertainty.

Bari 2 - 0 Pisa - Goals: Romizi, Toni. MoM: Toni

Avellino vs Bari

Another well supported local away trip for Bari as they travelled to Avellino in a game of contrasting styles. The plan from Biancoverdi to pass their way around the sturdy physical defence of Ryan's side worked well as they opened the scoring within twenty minutes when Ardemagni slotted home after a well worked move. the in-form Toni once again became the focus of attack and his header from a corner set up a scramble where he then hit the post before Migjem Basha finally converted the rebound. The fans will likely be happy with the point and the continued improved performances as well as the resurgence of talisman Toni

Avellino 1-1 Bari - Goal: Basha. MoM: Toni

Benevento vs Bari

The final fixture of the month saw Bari play at Benevento, after a great month i galetti were brimming with confidence, the referee may have seen this as arrogance though when he booked Romizi for a dive in which slow-motion replays clearly showed there was a trip. The game quickly descended into a farce with several players booked either side but it will be manager Ryan who came out the most disappointed as his players completely lost their cool, giving away a penalty to concede the first and then losing defensive discipline in the second half as Amato Ciciretti scored his and Stregoni's second goal of the game. A fixture to forget in an otherwise good month where Bari saw themselves climb back to mid table in Serie B.

Benevento 2 - 0 Bari - MoM: n/a

Player Of The Month: Luca Toni - It's a long way until the big man justifies his salary, but Toni has been in fine form with several man of the match performances and finally a goal, ever since which the fans have been chanting him to shooooooooooot at every opportunity!

afe2b7f11ca15e89a28fdd9b0b55446d.jpg

Goal Of The Month: Marco Romizi vs Pisa - the energetic midifled picked up the ball in midfield, raced forward and planted a shot into the top corner. GotY contender!

W5 D3 L6 PTS18

Pos 12th

1296.png

Manager: Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - NOVEMBER

Bari's win against Spezia at the end of October was a fantastic gift for Bari's suffering travelling fans, with the schedulers giving i Galletti three further away games in November plus a home game against lowly Pisa, the coach will have his work cut out to push on from the recent results.

Salernitana vs Bari

Some respite for the hardy hundred or so that usually travel away to watch their beloved Bari as they were joined by another thousand faithful for the shortest away trip on the calendar to fourth placed Salernitana. Boss Ryan continued with the defensive 442 utilising the wings with Toni as the target man, Monachello returned from injury in the week but De Luca kept his place after a run of form. After an hour however it was time for the joint-leading scorer to come on and make his mark, a cross came in from the right via another substitute in Boateng, Monachello controlled with his thigh and placed it beautifully in the near corner to give Bari their second win in a row.

Salernitana 0 - 1 Bari - Goal: Monachello, MoM: Toni

Bari vs Pisa

Match-winner of the previous game, Gaetano Monachello earned himself a start in the Home game against Pisa in an otherwise unchanged side. The home team stepped up a gear from the usual defensive style and really attacked the struggling Torri led by Gennaro Gattuso. The first goal came when Romizi broke free in midfield, came forward with the ball and rasped a 25 yarder into the far corner with a real goal of the season contender. Pisa created very few chances in the game and i Galletti were on their way to a third consecutive win. The icing on the cake came from none other than Luca Toni, finally scoring his first goal for Bari with a sublime finish across the keeper from 15 yards after Substitute Brienza slotted him through with the perfect pass, a special moment for the manager who backed the under fire veteran striker throughout recent periods of uncertainty.

Bari 2 - 0 Pisa - Goals: Romizi, Toni. MoM: Toni

Avellino vs Bari

Another well supported local away trip for Bari as they travelled to Avellino in a game of contrasting styles. The plan from Biancoverdi to pass their way around the sturdy physical defence of Ryan's side worked well as they opened the scoring within twenty minutes when Ardemagni slotted home after a well worked move. the in-form Toni once again became the focus of attack and his header from a corner set up a scramble where he then hit the post before Migjem Basha finally converted the rebound. The fans will likely be happy with the point and the continued improved performances as well as the resurgence of talisman Toni

Avellino 1-1 Bari - Goal: Basha. MoM: Toni

Benevento vs Bari

The final fixture of the month saw Bari play at Benevento, after a great month i galetti were brimming with confidence, the referee may have seen this as arrogance though when he booked Romizi for a dive in which slow-motion replays clearly showed there was a trip. The game quickly descended into a farce with several players booked either side but it will be manager Ryan who came out the most disappointed as his players completely lost their cool, giving away a penalty to concede the first and then losing defensive discipline in the second half as Amato Ciciretti scored his and Stregoni's second goal of the game. A fixture to forget in an otherwise good month where Bari saw themselves climb back to mid table in Serie B.

Benevento 2 - 0 Bari - MoM: n/a

Player Of The Month: Luca Toni - It's a long way until the big man justifies his salary, but Toni has been in fine form with several man of the match performances and finally a goal, ever since which the fans have been chanting him to shooooooooooot at every opportunity!

afe2b7f11ca15e89a28fdd9b0b55446d.jpg

Goal Of The Month: Marco Romizi vs Pisa - the energetic midifled picked up the ball in midfield, raced forward and planted a shot into the top corner. GotY contender!

W5 D3 L6 PTS18

Pos 12th
Dusted off Luca?
massive target player!

What's the principle that you neglected? Tell me. . .you can't leave me wondering all day.

Time.

My holy trinity of attacking is creation of space, movement and time. In all this frenzy I had replaced the third one with "1 vs 1 challenge." Doesn't work for me. Time is much more powerful in my hands.

I had a looong day, but finished the match anyway: 2-1 victory. It feels weird to win. CF Vizeu scored the opener with a header (that's why we bought him). CPU equalized from a corner. But my RMF Pizzini cut in after a break and irresistibly made it 2-1 from in front of the goal.

Both sides had chances for more. We hit the post twice, among other things. The CPU became a lot more dangerous after they pushed up their A/D, but this also made them more vulnerable to counters. We had a 2 vs. goalie situation where I classically botched the final pass.

Would like to play more, but too tired today. Still, muchos excited.

Getting to a point were I find this game horrible.
Last 5-8 games CPU passing has been between 85-89%
I've had players sent off 4 games in a row,can't take the ball,they have it glued to their feet at all time.
Just won my second game vs Inter,but the first game was a complete bombardment from them.
Lost it 1-0, but had two players sent off.

So final vs Juventus is awaiting.
But couldn't care less,it's not very entertaining anymore.
Just irritating.
Next up Barcelona
Btw dropped down to 15 m again,at this level,facing these teams,it's a no go atm

Barnsley
Full Manual
20 mins
Regular (when playing bottom 5 team)
Professional (when playing any other team)

Blackburn v Barnsley (17th v 18th)

Barnsley v Brighton (18th v 6th)

Barnsley v Burton (19th v 13th)

Sorry i haven't had much time to post again been really busy but still enjoy reading your posts.

Rock, i cant believe you have only just found out about A/D levels.

Barnsley
Full Manual
20 mins

Sorry i haven't had much time to post again been really busy but still enjoy reading your posts.

Yeah I know...I think I had it set to auto,so when I tried,did fuck all:)
saw that you've got a penalty,nice!
haven't had one in two seasons
great win,well deserved after the draw and the loss
good vids mate

Last edited:
Getting to a point were I find this game horrible.
Last 5-8 games CPU passing has been between 85-89%
I've had players sent off 4 games in a row,can't take the ball,they have it glued to their feet at all time.
Just won my second game vs Inter,but the first game was a complete bombardment from them.
Lost it 1-0, but had two players sent off.

So final vs Juventus is awaiting.
But couldn't care less,it's not very entertaining anymore.
Just irritating.
Next up Barcelona
Btw dropped down to 15 m again,at this level,facing these teams,it's a no go atm

Tell me about it Rock. . . I finished 3rd in the League so no automatic promotion. . .went into the playoff match against Frosinone who I normally piss on. . . .never played or witnessed a pile of muck like this game. I couldn't get the ball. . they won fuckin everything. .. it was like the ball was magnetized and they had steel plates in their boots. . . .they scored a shit goal early on to lead 1-0. . .the game was so sluggish I was nodding off. . .apart from the goal absolutely nothing happened in the match and the ref gave them everything into the bargain. . .I was about to turn it off when I noticed that it's a 2 legged affair which means that I'm still alive . .that shite can wait til tomorrow.. . . normally the playoffs is just the one match . . unless it's because I finished in third that they made it 2 legs.

Tell me about it Rock. . . I finished 3rd in the League so no automatic promotion. . .went into the playoff match against Frosinone who I normally piss on. . . .never played or witnessed a pile of muck like this game. I couldn't get the ball. . they won fuckin everything. .. it was like the ball was magnetized and they had steel plates in their boots. . . .they scored a shit goal early on to lead 1-0. . .the game was so sluggish I was nodding off. . .apart from the goal absolutely nothing happened in the match and the ref gave them everything into the bargain. . .I was about to turn it off when I noticed that it's a 2 legged affair which means that I'm still alive . .that shite can wait til tomorrow.. . . normally the playoffs is just the one match . . unless it's because I finished in third that they made it 2 legs.
fucking hell mate.
get that promotion,at all costs.
it's usually,when scripted,if you play a two legged affair,not the case in game two.
Justin played both inter and Barca,and for the second games,played fair

Last edited:
Barnsley
Full Manual
20 mins

Great vids geeeee . . .. start practicing those penos.

Back
Top Bottom