The Master League adventures thread

Thinking about starting over again,love my ML,but need to edit the teams better,think to many teams play end to end,and it's kinda boring in the end.
Any good tips on finding good guides on CPU tactics?

Thinking about starting over again,love my ML,but need to edit the teams better,think to many teams play end to end,and it's kinda boring in the end.
Any good tips on finding good guides on CPU tactics?

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/891128-pes-2017-tactics.html

The above is a good place to start, offering plenty of generic bases for teams that should get you some added variety and lots of people are saying good things about the results of applying them (I can't vouch for this as I prefer to do it myself based on what I know).

My knowledge on Italian football tactically is pretty subpar, I only really watch Napoli games as they're fantastic under Sarri. I could lend my hand to getting a solid base for that?

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/891128-pes-2017-tactics.html

The above is a good place to start, offering plenty of generic bases for teams that should get you some added variety and lots of people are saying good things about the results of applying them (I can't vouch for this as I prefer to do it myself based on what I know).

My knowledge on Italian football tactically is pretty subpar, I only really watch Napoli games as they're fantastic under Sarri. I could lend my hand to getting a solid base for that?
Would be great Ken,think I'll restart with Milan,or Lazio/Roma.
And restarting with Milan,your Sacchi is a keeper mate:)
More interested in getting the frenzy gameplay down,get more possesion play,even from the smaller sides,some games are way to direct,up to a winger etc.
I'll have a check at the link mate
Thanks as always

Would be great Ken,think I'll restart with Milan,or Lazio/Roma.
And restarting with Milan,your Sacchi is a keeper mate:)
More interested in getting the frenzy gameplay down,get more possesion play,even from the smaller sides,some games are way to direct,up to a winger etc.
I'll have a check at the link mate
Thanks as always

I'll get working on a Napoli tactic for you then, I've been dabbling with one recently anyway so it's fortunate timing!

Yeah, I've noticed it too. One thing I've got a hunch about is teams being more direct when they have RWF/LWF instead of RMF/LMF. Might be worth switching teams that use wide forwards to just wide midfielders and see if that encourages more midfield play? I'm not too sure about it, but it's a logical step to take I think.

It's got Klashman involved in the project and you can always count on his work so I'm sure there's plenty of good Serie A stuff in there as a base for your own editing.

Always happy to help!

Great tips from both of you,thanks James and Ken.
Have to find the time to dabble with tactics,wife and daughter week..plus two good bands that needs to be seen this weekend.
I'll dive in on it Sunday
Thanks boys

Just copied PES application data in PS4 on an external USB device. I am starting to develop such a relationship with the guys in my team. I won't take a risk of losing this ML even in the case of hardware or power failure.
That's what's so cool about the this game,I have a few elderly players that are in decline,but you don't want to sell them

i second the operation sports link i added their tactics to my game and it made for some great matches im just waiting to start a new ML after the next patch that fixes the stadium edits

Nothing against editing tactics of opponents. However...

Your own tactics can change the end-to-end nature of a match. A/D level, containment, man marking, tight marking, height of defensive line. I have killed the frantic pace of a match completely by modifying these. Both before a match and during a match.

Your own tactics can change the end-to-end nature of a match. A/D level, containment, man marking, tight marking, height of defensive line. I have killed the frantic pace of a match completely by modifying these. Both before a match and during a match.

Was a high defensive line the main thing that stopped end to end?

So you just click down a notch on attack/def level?
I play with a high def line,containment wide,and changing it to centrally?
I'll test it,sounds brilliant,and it means no more restart

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

December - Miserable!
There are no more words to describe Valladolid and yet another torrid season. The past 2 months have stymied any potential success leaving the team firmly in the bottom 3 and already planning ahead to next summer.

This month only 2 goals were scored as 6 games yielded 0 wins. Its a familiar tale for the team and they can only blame themselves for poor finishing and mistakes at the back.

Cadiz 1-1 was a fair result, they then somehow contrived to lose at Sevilla Atletico after dominating the tie. Further defeats to CF Reus and Real Oviedo compounded the situation, before 2 away draws lifted a little of the gloom going into the new year.

It is a long road back from here, one that Valladolid may not be ready to navigate!

January brings home games against Mallorca, Lugo and Girona before finishing up on the road to Huesca and Mirandes.

December Results
(H) 1-1 Cadiz (Alex)
(A) 0-1 Sevilla Atletico
(A) 0-2 CF Reus
(H) 0-1 Real Oviedo
(A) 1-1 Las Palmas (Soldado)
(A) 0-0 Alcorcon

Current Standings
decstd_zpstnufnpn9.png

Real Valladolid

(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

Transfer Window Dilemma!
If things weren't complicated enough for Real Valladolid, then today they have become yet murkier. Roberto Soldado, the teams record signing, talisman and leading scorer (6 goals) has been the subject of an astounding €20,000,000 bid from Chinese side Jiangsu Suning. The deal doubles what Valladolid paid for the 33 year old in the summer, but would they be wise to cash in?

In another season of struggle, the chances are that even keeping Soldado will not change the teams fortunes dramatically and cashing in on him now will give the club a solid budget to move forward and rebuild with. However Soldado was signed to give the club a lift and he certainly did that. He adds a bit of quality to a team that is devoid of any, creating the dilemma facing Penitez today.

Interestingly the club are on the cusp of signing 19 year old Jose Gomes from Benfica, a pacey forward with plenty of potential, in a deal worth under €5,000,000. It may lessen the blow of losing Soldado, but is waving the white flag after just 20 games a bit premature for Real Valladolid?

Only time will tell!​

Last edited:

Real Valladolid

Transfer Window Dilemma!
If things weren't complicated enough for Real Valladolid, then today they have become yet murkier. Roberto Soldado, the teams record signing, talisman and leading scorer (6 goals) has been the subject of an astounding €20,000,000 bid from Chinese side Jiangsu Suning. The deal doubles what Valladolid paid for the 33 year old in the summer, but would they be wise to cash in?

In another season of struggle, the chances are that even keeping Soldado will not change the teams fortunes dramatically and cashing in on him now will give the club a solid budget to move forward and rebuild with. However Soldado was signed to give the club a lift and he certainly did that. He adds a bit of quality to a team that is devoid of any, creating the dilemma facing Penitez today.

Interestingly the club are on the cusp of signing 19 year old Jose Gomes from Benfica, a pacey forward with plenty of potential, in a deal with under €5,000,000. It may lessen the blow of losing Soldado, but is waving the white flag after just 20 games a bit premature for Real Valladolid?

Only time will tell!​

Sell sell sell!

Barnsley
Professional
Full manual
20 mins

Next match at home to Aston Villa. Last time we beat them 0-2 away but we are without our top scorer Winnall so it's up to Bradshaw to start scoring again after going six games without a goal. Watkins comes in for Winnall who has a slight knock (down red arrow).

We are 18th and they are fighting for promotion in 3rd.

Enjoy...

Barnsley
Professional
Full manual
20 mins

Next match at home to Aston Villa. Last time we beat them 0-2 away but we are without our top scorer Winnall so it's up to Bradshaw to start scoring again after going six games without a goal. Watkins comes in for Winnall who has a slight knock (down red arrow).

Enjoy...

Its set to private geeee

Was a high defensive line the main thing that stopped end to end?

That isn't the first thing I do, because it's risky unless you take proper precautions. But when I really want to try close the shop, increasing the height of the defensive line is part of the deal.

So you just click down a notch on attack/def level?
I play with a high def line,containment wide,and changing it to centrally?

The first thing I do if it gets too frantic for me is go down in A/D level. "Containment middle" is at least supposed to close down the wings better and funnel the opposition to the center. I still have to avoid pushing FBs too far up, or pulling them to the center with teammate pressure.

I almost always mark tightly the most dangerous attacker. If the opposition has two attackers, I often man mark the other with a DMF. Yesterday I played a match where the most dangerous player on the pitch was an LWF. I made sure my starting XI included a defensive RB, man marked the LWF with him, used a defensive A/D level, and made sure I never launched a run with that RB. The LWF did not cause a single problem during the entire match. Still lost the match, no doubt about that, but the winger remained silent the entire time.

Been thinking of defending and defensive tactics a lot. What my team needs to do next is to put all their little gray cells to work to improve attacking. Without increasing A/D level, because that's a certain recipe for disaster. Sounds like a nice challenge for the next couple of weeks.

Its set to private geeee
Barnsley
Professional
Full manual
20 mins

Enjoy...

Heh heh sorry guys public now. :P

Barnsley
Professional
Full manual
20 mins

Enjoy...

Great vid Geeee . .. .you let them off the hook at the start of the second half when you should have scored from the rebound off the post . .. thought you were going to nick it at the end.

That isn't the first thing I do, because it's risky unless you take proper precautions. But when I really want to try close the shop, increasing the height of the defensive line is part of the deal.

The first thing I do if it gets too frantic for me is go down in A/D level. "Containment middle" is at least supposed to close down the wings better and funnel the opposition to the center. I still have to avoid pushing FBs too far up, or pulling them to the center with teammate pressure.

I almost always mark tightly the most dangerous attacker. If the opposition has two attackers, I often man mark the other with a DMF. Yesterday I played a match where the most dangerous player on the pitch was an LWF. I made sure my starting XI included a defensive RB, man marked the LWF with him, used a defensive A/D level, and made sure I never launched a run with that RB. The LWF did not cause a single problem during the entire match. Still lost the match, no doubt about that, but the winger remained silent the entire time.

Been thinking of defending and defensive tactics a lot. What my team needs to do next is to put all their little gray cells to work to improve attacking. Without increasing A/D level, because that's a certain recipe for disaster. Sounds like a nice challenge for the next couple of weeks.

I usually change the att/def levels for short periods during the match depending on the situation. ... I've seen an inactive forward line come to life when the attack is raised a notch and then nick a goal and switch back to normal or def levels . . .in saying that I have had some great work from the forwards with a defense level lower than normal.

I usually change the att/def levels for short periods during the match depending on the situation. ... I've seen an inactive forward line come to life when the attack is raised a notch and then nick a goal and switch back to normal or def levels . . .in saying that I have had some great work from the forwards with a defense level lower than normal.
Temporary changes are an interesting idea.

I don't think there's a single team in my league right now against which we could kick off with A/D level green or above. They are so good at utilizing the space left behind. Naturally this explains partially the lack of goals.

An alternative way to temporarily "increase A/D" is to launch more runs manually. That's what I am going to experiment with next.

Olimpo dream

My first season in charge of Olimpo is drawing to a close. We got that one victory, which was the primary target. Secondary target was not to finish last, and here we failed.

Just played two more matches: 1-0 loss away, and 0-0 draw at home.

Then thought about the situation. Team spirit is around 75 atm. It doesn't seem to radically influence how superstar feels. Two possible options. Either spend an indeterminate time practicing feints and launching teammate runs to spice up offense. Or switch to top player.

To test the second choice just played the 28th fixture on top player. Away against a team in league top ten. Result 1-1. Certainly not too easy.

So what was different. Well, the first through ball we played to our CF actually made it to him, and we could feel that he was faster than the defender. Still botched the chance. In some sense top player CPU feels a bit more composed, in that they don't run around chasing you. It feels more reasonable. We put a bit more pressure on them on the defense, but it turned out that it can backfire on this level too: 1-0.

Most importantly, after the CPU went up 1-0, we were able to amp up the A/D level without them immediately splitting us into pieces. That felt very different and much more realistic. After 1-1 we had a number of chances to make it 1-2, but missed the goal every time. The CPU had other chances too. Shots 8-9 in our favor.

So maybe a switch to top player is in order. While I would like to learn to attack against superstar, it doesn't seem to be in the stars atm.

I´ve just beaten our tougher rivals Fulham thanks to tactics. They played with one forward, so I set the team to tight marking him specifically from the start, and normal A/D level. Sometimes I use the false N9 set too. CPU always tries to put the ball in their forwards, and with this, as soon as the ball travels to him, my team closes him down like crazy, he simply can´t do anything through the whole match. Won it 2-1 and I´m now on 3rd place, 1 point behind Fulham and 4 points behind the leaders, Bournemouth. Polter is the league top scorer with 15 goals so far, he´s been super important.

The season is half way gone and it seems we have a shot on promotion this year! Had some bad luck on the cup, since on the second round had to play against Arsenal away. Lost 2-0, with a wonder goal from Xhaka. A first time long shot, and I believe I could hear the ball hitting the net, such was the power of the shot. Great stuff.

Arsenal 2-0 QPR

Goal is at the 2:12 mins

Have seen a great deal of improvement when going down in attack level,not as frenzy as it sometimes can be,problem is,it's done in exhibition mode,and that's a bit calmer than ML by default.
But,the next game I experience it in ML,I will replay that game at a lower level,and see if it's any difference.
To be perfectly clear,double clicking up or down on the d pad,raises/lowers attack level?
And by lowering attack level,it automatically raises def level?
It's beginning to be a lot to be aware of in this game:)
Changing off/def tactics,plus this,and then..play at the same time.
How are we to sort this out? We're blokes...

Have seen a great deal of improvement when going down in attack level,not as frenzy as it sometimes can be,problem is,it's done in exhibition mode,and that's a bit calmer than ML by default.
But,the next game I experience it in ML,I will replay that game at a lower level,and see if it's any difference.
To be perfectly clear,double clicking up or down on the d pad,raises/lowers attack level?

Yeah if you press up/down on the d-pad twice you'll increase/decrease your attack level by one. You will always start at a balanced middle point.

Personally, I don't touch it and I leave it at the default setting. I'm more than happy for teams to be quick to transition against me as that's a very real consequence of the way I like to play the game. In fact, most teams will try to attack quickly if there is space it's a very normal method of play for teams. It's why the Premier League is described as "intense" because teams look to attack quickly at every opportunity unless they are forced to build up from deep by the opposition not conceding any space to them. It's a matter of how we choose to play, I can get the CPU to be very patient with their build up - it just requires a less aggressive style of defence to be used by the player that leaves space in front and not behind the defensive line.

Attack levels (from what I've seen) affect the positioning of players when you are attacking. If you are on a more attacking level then full backs midfielders etc will all play further forward, thus there is more space for the other team to move into quickly and that's how the games becomes more hectic. If you lower your attacking level to below the starting point then less players will be moving into advanced positions as quickly meaning you and your opponent will see attacking play stifled and a more restrained game overall.

Are you serious Rock? Have you not been using it? . . .I never stop adjusting it.. . be lost without messing with it. Great for a short spell of intense attack and for dropping back when the ai is launching an onslaught on your goal.

Back
Top Bottom