The Master League adventures thread

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Just replayed the match I quit yesterday. Lost it 2-4. Good match. Goal sequence for first five goals: 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, 1-3, 2-3. Our goals: AMF Gallarjo's header to top corner, and Gaona Lugo's tap in from a rebound. Both from up close, again. Tried a couple of shots from edge of box, but their keeper saved them easily - again. That's the most unrealistic feature atm. They simply won't go in.

Then had a number of good chances, including two headers from up close which we missed. Time was running out and we had to push up our offensive level, and the CPU hit 2-4 from a counter. Against the stronger teams it's pretty much a guarantee that they will penalize if we go more offensive. They will send a through ball on the wing, cross it, and their CF will rise above our defenders.

But we see more goals, which is nice. Might even be worthwhile to start putting out highlight reels again.

We have gradually taken a solid hold on the last position in league, 5 points from penultimate. OTOH, our TS is still going up. Last couple of matches have been against strong teams, eagerly waiting for realistic opponents. First, however, two cup matches against River Plate. Or was it Boca? In any case: :shiver:.

Haven't had much time to post recently but still been reading you guys posts and enjoying it.

I will post up 3 videos later once i get home from work.

@xicpanad, yeh i experienced the very same thing with Leeds yesterday and it annoyed me so much that i turned the game off in the 2nd half and played FIFA to give myself a little break.

We have just beaten a team in the Top 3 (i wont say who as it will spoil the video that i will upload later) and then we play Leeds who are in the bottom 3. I picked 2 players because they were "glowing" and it is a rival match. But we were so so rubbish. They were 3 nil up in the first half. My GK cannot save so i put a defender in goal, silly i know but i was just getting frustrated. Then it went 4-0 so i quit. It seems that every medium/long ball is cut out by the defender even when it looks like it will get passed them. When it does go past them it is too hard. It happens consistently yet i can pass long balls all over the pitch left to right. Not that i play long balls all the time but when i see the striker running into space i play the long ball but the defender always gets to it. It's would be nice to see the CPU defender mistime a header or just fail to cut a ball out , I don't think i have seen that yet. Also it can be annoying when i see a player in space in the penalty area and i pass to him to run onto it but then he stops running. Maybe it is just the team but i am noticing a lot of niggly things at the moment. Especially when the CPU has been boosted like Leeds.

I may have to drop down to Regular when player lower placed teams and then notch it back up to higher placed teams. I just wish they kept it the same or so it the opposite as it would make more sense.

the game is unplayable sometimes or many times in ML superstar difficulty, real madrid turn into your worst nightmare on superstar and cheating is all over the place, even bvb dortmund turn into a nightmare, the cheating has to stop,.... i'm quitting games because of this, the problem is on superstar you cant afford any mistake in mispassing for example close to the area while you're building up, the AI will score and find space to be one on one just by 1 mispass, this is unforgiving and getting back from 1-0 down on superstar is hassle, i''m finding it hard to finish opponents off even when i have 65 % possession, psg goalkeeper for example made manuel neur saves that only him can do in my match vs psg at camp nou, this game is really good but unforgiving on superstar, 1 small mistake and u end on the wrong end of the score while u tried for the whole match to score.....

The game is indeed very frustrating sometimes, because they insist in making our players dumber when the challenge arrives. I woudn´t mind if worse teams played better against me, sometimes smaller teams have a motivation boost when facing stronger teams in real life. What I hated about that match is that my team had been on a great form, scoring lots of goals in the last 5 matches, moving and passing amazingly, and then, for one match, form drops with no reason, and still, like it wasn´t enough, I can´t pass, I can´t shoot on target, I can´t tackle, I can´t win a header, I can´t run, I can´t even switch to the closest player. It was just too much, I was totally out of control... If I can´t play, then why should I even had that match? It would be better for the game to warn me "please notice, the next match will frustrate the hell out of you. Would You wish to simulate instead?" YES PLEASE!!! :MAD: I simply don´t know how to react to those matches, there´s nothing that I can use to pretend it happens in real life.

The game is indeed very frustrating sometimes, because they insist in making our players dumber when the challenge arrives. I woudn´t mind if worse teams played better against me, sometimes smaller teams have a motivation boost when facing stronger teams in real life. What I hated about that match is that my team had been on a great form, scoring lots of goals in the last 5 matches, moving and passing amazingly, and then, for one match, form drops with no reason, and still, like it wasn´t enough, I can´t pass, I can´t shoot on target, I can´t tackle, I can´t win a header, I can´t run, I can´t even switch to the closest player. It was just too much, I was totally out of control... If I can´t play, then why should I even had that match? It would be better for the game to warn me "please notice, the next match will frustrate the hell out of you. Would You wish to simulate instead?" YES PLEASE!!! :MAD: I simply don´t know how to react to those matches, there´s nothing that I can use to pretend it happens in real life.
yes bro same thoughts here, the same as what you say, there will be 1 match after a couple you have won that u feel ur not in control of things, this is so frustrating especially when realmadrid turn into ur worst nightmare, its just cheat fest.

I love manual, and I love Top Player... but I´m seriously considering lowering one of them. There are matches were I should dominate totally (and I don´t mean win) but instead I´m getting totally destroyed, like I was better off leaving the controller on the coach and just watch the whole thing without even trying.

What´s the thing with manual passing on these matches? It´s not manual, it´s like it´s assisted to make you fail! I´m passing around my defense, with nearly no pressure, and for a couple times I can´t hit the ball hard enough for it to cross pitch to the other flank!! Instead, the ball only reaches half way, and usually I´m caught in a tough situation. It happened a lot in one of those stupid matches.

And also, something that has been mentioned here, what about hitting the power bar full strength, only to see the ball stoped by the closest player intead of traveling to the farthest one? It happens all the time. It´s no game breaker for me, but it can get annoying as hell!

Now, stoping with the offtopic... I sill love this game...

It seems that every medium/long ball is cut out by the defender even when it looks like it will get passed them. When it does go past them it is too hard. It happens consistently yet i can pass long balls all over the pitch left to right. Not that i play long balls all the time but when i see the striker running into space i play the long ball but the defender always gets to it.
It's a central skill in these games - Fifa and PES - to identify those situations where you need acres of space to pass into. An agile pass receiver helps as well, at least in PES.

I love manual, and I love Top Player... but I´m seriously considering lowering one of them. There are matches were I should dominate totally (and I don´t mean win) but instead I´m getting totally destroyed, like I was better off leaving the controller on the coach and just watch the whole thing without even trying.

What´s the thing with manual passing on these matches? It´s not manual, it´s like it´s assisted to make you fail! I´m passing around my defense, with nearly no pressure, and for a couple times I can´t hit the ball hard enough for it to cross pitch to the other flank!! Instead, the ball only reaches half way, and usually I´m caught in a tough situation. It happened a lot in one of those stupid matches.

And also, something that has been mentioned here, what about hitting the power bar full strength, only to see the ball stoped by the closest player intead of traveling to the farthest one? It happens all the time. It´s no game breaker for me, but it can get annoying as hell!

I swallowed my pride and dropped down to Professional manual from Top Player manual and I have to say it's been great . .a tad easy sometimes but it gives you more time to learn a few skills as you're going along. . .I lost 35 matches. . well some were draws mixed in that in my first season on TP and decided to try Pro for the second season ... .. you should give it a go . . it's still a challenge while you have low to medium TS.

It's a central skill in these games - Fifa and PES - to identify those situations where you need acres of space to pass into. An agile pass receiver helps as well, at least in PES.

The whole trick is to make space for yourself through holding the ball and looking for movement. . if I can't pass through them on the ground I just dink it over them to my player. . it's risky but opens things up when it works.

The whole trick is to make space for yourself through holding the ball and looking for movement. . if I can't pass through them on the ground I just dink it over them to my player. . it's risky but opens things up when it works.
Agreed. The confusing thing may be that sometimes you can pass into tight places.

But enough of meta ML talk from me. Back to the stories.

Put up some vids.

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

A couple of goals from the 2-4 loss. I remembered wrong: the second one wasn't from a hassle in front of the goal. Interestingly enough the "false 9" tactics we use when Gaona Lugo is up front is evident in both goals.

Just played two cup matches against River Plate. The first, away leg began really well, solid defending in first half.

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017_20161020164820.jpg

But then they start tightening the screw and final result 2-0. Didn't have much of a chance.

The second one is almost as overwhelming: situation after first CPU shot.

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017_20161020180338.jpg

We have a couple of shots, but nothing really dangerous. Opposition was way beyond our capabilities. You can tell it when their midfielders start doing feints around your guys.

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017_20161020183822.jpg

Last edited:

I tried to play the Leeds game again on Prof (which is my usual skill level) and after 5 mins they whacked in a dipping volley from 20yards, then another shot the GK palmed into their striker's path so 2-0 then one hit the post into the striker's path 3-0. So i turned it off.

I started it again going down to Regular. The game played fantastic. And it wasn't as easy as i thought it would be. In fact we lost 3-0 (heh heh) but my passes were going to my players and i was having shots. They scored a good first from good work from Sacko and Pablo knocked it in.

Then i saw the best bit of action i have ever seen. We were attacking, managed to get a good shot in but the GK palmed it out, then we had another shot and the GK managed to palm that out too. Then we had a shot from just outside the box which thumped against the woodwork. From the breakaway they knocked it to Sacko (he was a headache all match for us) running through on goal and Janko brought him down, I had to. Down to ten men and they scored from the free kick.

What was great about that moment is that none of it felt scripted. The reason i missed those chances was because admittedly I panicked. Then down to ten men and they exploited it. They attacked very well but there was also space for us. Those high lofted balls i mentioned earlier were able to go over the defender's head, sometimes, because they misjudged it.

A great game but for some reason my PS4 didnt record it. So gutted because i was looking forward to going through all the action again.

Anyways i'm thinking of playing on Prof most of the time, but then knock it down to Regular when i play a team in the bottom 5. I will see how it goes. Good game that was!

Anyway some video's from before...

Olimpo dream

A couple of goals from the 2-4 loss. I remembered wrong: the second one wasn't from a hassle in front of the goal.

Just played two cup matches against River Plate. The first, away leg began really well, solid defending in first half.

But then they start tightening the screw and final result 2-0. Didn't have much of a chance.

We have a couple of shots, but nothing really dangerous. Opposition was way beyond our capabilities. You can tell it when their midfielders start doing feints around your guys.

A couple of nice goals there . ..nice pass for the second .. . ..you just reminded me of Gallarjo . .how did I not think of him? I had him in Pes 2014 Ml and he always played above his station and would end up one of my best young signings.

Olimpo dream

A couple of goals from the 2-4 loss. I remembered wrong: the second one wasn't from a hassle in front of the goal.

Great stats,might try 20 minutes,always forget to switch it from 15-20 minutes.
Any pyro in the Arg league?
Amazing through ball btw

Last edited:
Might be little playing for me tonite,got Inter vs Southampton on the telly,you've all read the Icardi stories right?
Will be a interesting night for Mauro.
Think Utd vs Fene is on later aswell

Last edited:
I tried to play the Leeds game again on Prof (which is my usual skill level) and after 5 mins they whacked in a dipping volley from 20yards, then another shot the GK palmed into their striker's path so 2-0 then one hit the post into the striker's path 3-0. So i turned it off.

I started it again going down to Regular. The game played fantastic. And it wasn't as easy as i thought it would be. In fact we lost 3-0 (heh heh) but my passes were going to my players and i was having shots. They scored a good first from good work from Sacko and Pablo knocked it in.

Then i saw the best bit of action i have ever seen. We were attacking, managed to get a good shot in but the GK palmed it out, then we had another shot and the GK managed to palm that out too. Then we had a shot from just outside the box which thumped against the woodwork. From the breakaway they knocked it to Sacko (he was a headache all match for us) running through on goal and Janko brought him down, I had to. Down to ten men and they scored from the free kick.

What was great about that moment is that none of it felt scripted. The reason i missed those chances was because admittedly I panicked. Then down to ten men and they exploited it. They attacked very well but there was also space for us. Those high lofted balls i mentioned earlier were able to go over the defender's head, sometimes, because they misjudged it.

A great game but for some reason my PS4 didnt record it. So gutted because i was looking forward to going through all the action again.

Anyways i'm thinking of playing on Prof most of the time, but then knock it down to Regular when i play a team in the bottom 5. I will see how it goes. Good game that was!

Did we not see those clips before Geeeee? Whats your team spirit now? Btw that recording device on Ps4 is very unpredictable . .I lost some great footage over that. . . .The Championship looks a bit quicker than Serie B.

you just reminded me of Gallarjo . .how did I not think of him? I had him in Pes 2014 Ml and he always played above his station and would end up one of my best young signings.
Gallarjo is simply a jewel. We would be so lost without him delivering the ball into the attacking half - and often out of our own. That other guy Fridoz is also something, making incredible runs.

Did we not see those clips before Geeeee? Whats your team spirit now? Btw that recording device on Ps4 is very unpredictable . .I lost some great footage over that. . . .The Championship looks a bit quicker than Serie B.

Unless you are spying on me at home, no, i only edited them yesterday. TS is about 70-72. I play on 0 speed but i think the clips look faster than the game itself.

Unless you are spying on me at home, no, i only edited them yesterday. TS is about 70-72. I play on 0 speed but i think the clips look faster than the game itself.

Unless I saw a couple on youtube. . . they advertise other peoples vids while you watch your own. Ah I'm on -1 speed.

i just can't go with full manual, crosses are a hassle to make, and most of them go where they shouldn';t even when using LT(xbox controller) to choose direction, and manual shooting is a tad difficult to do in close situation where u have to act fast, so it's a no go to me, now playing superstar on 1 bar assist and basic shooting.

Hi all, been a bit away due to a nasty bout of gastroenteritis.
But finally managed to play some more.

Master League Chapter 10: D2 Season 4 Off seson.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

Season opener Vs Aston Vila (5-0 win)
Really moralising win!
My team is really gelling now. The attack is demolishing.
A complete trashing. I looked like Barcelona dominating this match.
There was even time to miss a penalyt and about 5 open goal chances.
C. Wood had a red condition arrow and so played from the start up front with Spano, each of them grabbed 2 goals.
Lets keep it up.

2nd league match Vs Norwich (4-0 win)
These small teams that play on the counter are now powerless against me.
Another trashing.
Too strong

3rd league game Vs Brighton (3-2 win)
what an eventful 1st half!
Brighton proove a much harder nut to crack than the first 2.
They score, I equalize, they score, I equalize, I miss a penalty, I save a ball from my own goal line with a last second tackle, I score 3-2!

In the 2nd half they pressure, but I hold by playing very defensive.
A satisfying tight win.

3rd League game Vs Blackburn (2-1 win)
Blackbun are 2nd behind me in the league and they prove really hard to score against.
They score first and I equalize.
The game is really even with a lot of midfield battles.
When I'm starting to get happy with the draw, suddenly in stoppage time I manage to steal a goal from a brilliant move where I win the byline with a clever one-two and pull it back to the penalty spot area where one of my midfielder finish with a classy pass into the bottom corner.
Another Win! this was another tight one

D2 Cup round 1 Vs Brighton (away) (1-0 win)
Brighton had been really hard to beat earlier for the the league.
This time I adjusted my formation a bit as they play really narrow and pack the center, so I played as wide as possible to really try to stretch them and it worked as my lonely goal came from a little through ball after passing inside from one of the flanks.
Only downside is Fetfatzidis by top assister came out injured (will only be out 2 weeks though)
There is a great chance to go through on the 2 legs.

4th league game Vs Leicester (1-1)
With Fetfatzidis injured and a few other players tired, my team is starting to show why it is not in D1 this season, the lack of a decent bench is starting to affect form.
In a boring slow game I couldn't do more than a draw.

Stats update:
Still league leader with 3 pts advantage (4W 1D)
Finances are really good at 9026 of 10607
I'm definitely going to be looking to add a couple of players in the mid season transfer window.

5th league gaem vs WestHam (1-1)
My now arch rivals WestHam play a high defensive line 4-2-3-1 which makes it a really compact and fluid formation that always has me struggling.
I go up 1-0 from a header where their Collins their captain CB looses the air battle to my CF Spano.
Funnily enough a few minutes latter Colins moves up to midfield and dispatches a great 1st time screamer into the bottom corner after a weak clearance to the edge of my box, really seemed like he was making amends for his defensive mistake.
The rest of the match was a tense affair, Fetfatzidis got injured again and we both missed at least two one on one chances vs the keeper in stoppage time.
In the end it was a fair result and a great game of football but I'm now only with 1 point difference from 2nd in the league.

D2 Cup Round 1 2nd Leg Vs Brighton (1-1)
I squeeze through with a draw at home and a 2-1 aggregate win.
C Wood my tall CF gets injured.

6th League game Vs Cardiff (2-1 win)
A boring 2-1 win. Cardif are really bad, but my players have accumulated fatigue and it I have to juggle the bench players to make a starting eleven. In the end the winning 2-1 is like a toin coss between me and Cardiff, I score from a deflected shot, buts so could they.

Mid Season Negotiation Period
Finances are already positive (10706 / 10607), so I decide to splash out on a good LMF I spotted in the "looking for a transfer" list. It's a 21 yo fast dude from Ecuador.
If I offer around 4000 for him I should be easily able to recoup that by the end of the season.

I offer 3800 pts for him and 650 salary and it gets accepted on the 1st try.
Welcome to the team G. Aromga! (LMF)

Next chapter:
Can I hold it together in the second half of the season and make promotion to D1?

Hi all, been a bit away due to a nasty bout of gastroenteritis.
But finally managed to play some more.

Master League Chapter 10: D2 Season 4 Off seson.
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

Season opener Vs Aston Vila (5-0 win)
Really moralising win!
My team is really gelling now. The attack is demolishing.
A complete trashing. I looked like Barcelona dominating this match.
There was even time to miss a penalyt and about 5 open goal chances.
C. Wood had a red condition arrow and so played from the start up front with Spano, each of them grabbed 2 goals.
Lets keep it up.

2nd league match Vs Norwich (4-0 win)
These small teams that play on the counter are now powerless against me.
Another trashing.
Too strong

3rd league game Vs Brighton (3-2 win)
what an eventful 1st half!
Brighton proove a much harder nut to crack than the first 2.
They score, I equalize, they score, I equalize, I miss a penalty, I save a ball from my own goal line with a last second tackle, I score 3-2!

In the 2nd half they pressure, but I hold by playing very defensive.
A satisfying tight win.

3rd League game Vs Blackburn (2-1 win)
Blackbun are 2nd behind me in the league and they prove really hard to score against.
They score first and I equalize.
The game is really even with a lot of midfield battles.
When I'm starting to get happy with the draw, suddenly in stoppage time I manage to steal a goal from a brilliant move where I win the byline with a clever one-two and pull it back to the penalty spot area where one of my midfielder finish with a classy pass into the bottom corner.
Another Win! this was another tight one

D2 Cup round 1 Vs Brighton (away) (1-0 win)
Brighton had been really hard to beat earlier for the the league.
This time I adjusted my formation a bit as they play really narrow and pack the center, so I played as wide as possible to really try to stretch them and it worked as my lonely goal came from a little through ball after passing inside from one of the flanks.
Only downside is Fetfatzidis by top assister came out injured (will only be out 2 weeks though)
There is a great chance to go through on the 2 legs.

4th league game Vs Leicester (1-1)
With Fetfatzidis injured and a few other players tired, my team is starting to show why it is not in D1 this season, the lack of a decent bench is starting to affect form.
In a boring slow game I couldn't do more than a draw.

Stats update:
Still league leader with 3 pts advantage (4W 1D)
Finances are really good at 9026 of 10607
I'm definitely going to be looking to add a couple of players in the mid season transfer window.

5th league gaem vs WestHam (1-1)
My now arch rivals WestHam play a high defensive line 4-2-3-1 which makes it a really compact and fluid formation that always has me struggling.
I go up 1-0 from a header where their Collins their captain CB looses the air battle to my CF Spano.
Funnily enough a few minutes latter Colins moves up to midfield and dispatches a great 1st time screamer into the bottom corner after a weak clearance to the edge of my box, really seemed like he was making amends for his defensive mistake.
The rest of the match was a tense affair, Fetfatzidis got injured again and we both missed at least two one on one chances vs the keeper in stoppage time.
In the end it was a fair result and a great game of football but I'm now only with 1 point difference from 2nd in the league.

D2 Cup Round 1 2nd Leg Vs Brighton (1-1)
I squeeze through with a draw at home and a 2-1 aggregate win.
C Wood my tall CF gets injured.

6th League game Vs Cardiff (2-1 win)
A boring 2-1 win. Cardif are really bad, but my players have accumulated fatigue and it I have to juggle the bench players to make a starting eleven. In the end the winning 2-1 is like a toin coss between me and Cardiff, I score from a deflected shot, buts so could they.

Mid Season Negotiation Period
Finances are already positive (10706 / 10607), so I decide to splash out on a good LMF I spotted in the "looking for a transfer" list. It's a 21 yo fast dude from Ecuador.
If I offer around 4000 for him I should be easily able to recoup that by the end of the season.

I offer 3800 pts for him and 650 salary and it gets accepted on the 1st try.
Welcome to the team G. Aromga! (LMF)

Next chapter:
Can I hold it together in the second half of the season and make promotion to D1?

Excellent stuff. Really takes me back yo my PES5 days. Stiil the best PES5 is. Glad to hear you are feeling better :)

Olimpo dream

Report on match: Godoy Gruz - Olimpo

Team spirit going in: 73

Highlight reel (stats at end)

Summary

5aside-Football-Formations.jpg

This was an away match against current league leader. Tactically one of the best matches we have played. We made a large number of tactical settings at the beginning, and played very defensively. Let's face it: a draw was the only realistic option.

And we got close. We had a good chance to score: we missed it. And they scored once, which is often unavoidable. Well played, but the opposition played better.

Last edited:

i just can't go with full manual, crosses are a hassle to make, and most of them go where they shouldn';t even when using LT(xbox controller) to choose direction, and manual shooting is a tad difficult to do in close situation where u have to act fast, so it's a no go to me, now playing superstar on 1 bar assist and basic shooting.

Playing on Pro is such a joy, the matches flow in a beatifull way, you have the feeling you can try anything, and it really feels like that nonsense is gone. Problem is I´m so used to defend on Top Player, that CPU rarely has attempts on target against me. Their marking is weaker, but balanced so I´m ok with it. My passing is way more assisted, I can really notice it. I can pretty much play tikitaka in close spaces. It´s great, not very unbalanced, but it feels a bit easy for me. Tackling is way more understandable, like you can really feell the momentum and make the right decisions acording to the situation. I only played a couple matches here and there on Pro, maybe I should give a long run and see how CPU works against me.

Yesterday I had a match against Bournemouth, league leaders, great players on their side. Top Player and it gets the annoying sensation that I can´t do anything, they have sharp reactions all over the pitch, and I´m really tired of times were the ball always bounces to CPU in my box, no one can get a proper tackle, no one can get a proper shot to take the ball away, it always goes to opponents feet, until someone scores, or someone misses. That´s what really is pissing me off, I seem to concede regularly from stupid mistakes, bad switching and/or impossibility to take the ball away, even when I have 3 defenders trying to tackle one ball carrier and he goes away like nothing happened. As soon as the CPU winger enters my box, my defenders go "OMG OMG What should I do!??!! AAAAARRRRGGGH!!!" and it´s nearly impossible to stop the CPU drible.

Replayed the match on Pro, and I won 2-0, CPU had two shots. Great things on the pitch and they actually won possession and passing stats, but, I dunno it felt a tad easy, so I turned it off.

Don´t get me wrong, I just want to see the challenge with a balance, with a feeling I´m not being stolen. Arrrgh maybe I need a break...

Playing on Pro is such a joy, the matches flow in a beatifull way, you have the feeling you can try anything, and it really feels like that nonsense is gone. Problem is I´m so used to defend on Top Player, that CPU rarely has attempts on target against me. Their marking is weaker, but balanced so I´m ok with it. My passing is way more assisted, I can really notice it. I can pretty much play tikitaka in close spaces. It´s great, not very unbalanced, but it feels a bit easy for me. Tackling is way more understandable, like you can really feell the momentum and make the right decisions acording to the situation. I only played a couple matches here and there on Pro, maybe I should give a long run and see how CPU works against me.

Yesterday I had a match against Bournemouth, league leaders, great players on their side. Top Player and it gets the annoying sensation that I can´t do anything, they have sharp reactions all over the pitch, and I´m really tired of times were the ball always bounces to CPU in my box, no one can get a proper tackle, no one can get a proper shot to take the ball away, it always goes to opponents feet, until someone scores, or someone misses. That´s what really is pissing me off, I seem to concede regularly from stupid mistakes, bad switching and/or impossibility to take the ball away, even when I have 3 defenders trying to tackle one ball carrier and he goes away like nothing happened. As soon as the CPU winger enters my box, my defenders go "OMG OMG What should I do!??!! AAAAARRRRGGGH!!!" and it´s nearly impossible to stop the CPU drible.

Replayed the match on Pro, and I won 2-0, CPU had two shots. Great things on the pitch and they actually won possession and passing stats, but, I dunno it felt a tad easy, so I turned it off.

Don´t get me wrong, I just want to see the challenge with a balance, with a feeling I´m not being stolen. Arrrgh maybe I need a break...

I'm going back to top player after this season I lost 2-0 last night my first defeat in 18 matches totally unrealistic .. . .would this happen on Top Player?

I doubt it... . .. I pressed the pass button instead of shoot by accident.

Aston Villa

end of march 2017.

Sent my scout out for a solid CB and an RB as I need someone to get into Hutton´s footsteps soon.

Made it to the finals in the FA cup...beat Everton easily, as most of my players have been in a good form.

As I said earlier that I signed a lot of new players, J.Ayew sits on the bench and only comes in when Balotelli is out of stamina or when he´s not in a good form.
But whenever Ayew is on the pitch, he impresses me more and more.
His condition is in such a good state, that I am thinking of placing him as the prior CF instead of Balotelli.
Balotelli doesn´t have much team spirit (Ayew turns red in the formation screen...Balotelli doesn´t) and he still has problems finding in the game quite often.

There was such a good cross from R. Fraser in the last matches which Balotelli took volley with his strong foot, but the shot was very weak and he missed the goal big time.
Something going on in his mind that blocks his skills?

He´s the star player of the team so I wanna give him every chance I can, but since Ayew is performing so well, I have to make a decision.

The last match against Reading fortified my thoughts. Reading was leading 2:0.
Balotelli (CF) and Inaki Williams (SS) had their chances but them two don´t seem to harmonize very well in some games.

As Balotelli was out of stamina in the 71st minute, I substituted him and Ayew came in.
He gets on the pitch and after one minute BOOM! Scores a great goal when he ran behind the defense after a nice pass from Inaki Williams.
It´s 1:2 and I set the team to all out attack.
Again Ayew is so much more noticeable on the pitch than Balotelli was before.

Inaki Williams scores the 2:2 after an assist of Ayew.

I love this guy! So agile, so present on the pitch...I guess I won´t let him waste his time on the bench when he´s in such a good shape!

(And this is what I used to love about the ML´s I enjoyed the most in the PES series! When you feel so connected to specific players! I love how a substitution of Ayew changes the whole game. How noticeable his stats are. How much of a better job he does, than Balotelli at the moment! Great thing!)

Last edited:
Would have been interesting to watch.

Yeah, the first half in particular was crazy, especially scoring twice in first half injury time.

Anyway ill try to record more stuff, I save the replays I like but the editing gets to me.

Back on it today, been checking out the FM17 beta, so fallen a bit behind here :(

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Team spirit in matches: 72-76

Independiente - Olimpo
2-0
Away match against league 3rd. Hanging on until 24', when Independiente score with their first shot. Bad offensive play from us.

Olimpo - CA Unión de Santa Fe
0-0
Home against mid table team. On paper we had the stats to dominate, but they were better. Struggled to secure a point.

CA Tigre - Olimpo
1-0
Away against team in top ten. At 15' we have an excellent chance to take the lead, but Tigre keeper makes an amazing double save, both shots from inside the box. Then we concede a free kick a bit outside the box. The CPU is lethal in these: 1-0.

The secondary target for the season was to avoid last position in the league. We are already 9 points behind.

TS still increasing: 79 is the baseline in game plan for next match.

Back
Top Bottom