The Master League adventures thread

Great goal Rock. . .you're good at nicking those 1-0's. .. .you must be near the top by now.
Thanks Dec.
Top of the league,Inter one point behind,Juve 2 pts behind,then there's a gap to Roma.
I can feel the CPU working its arse off to beat me with very sharp passing,very few freekicks and a no penalty policy.
I win 8/10 games,but I miss the gameplay that the proffesional diff has,much smoother
Just finished off Cagliari 3-0, Bacca is a machine right now

It's getting tougher and tougher.
My last game vs Udinese was horrible,85% passing,they didn't lose one single battle.
Their goal had a magnetic shield around it,Sane hit the post three times in a row,4 goal line clearances.
Horrible.
But I can take that,every other game is like that I guess.
But what I don't accept is the fact that TP has raised the bar in everything,worst is the fact that I hardly get any freekick,just like PES 16, and their close ball controll is superb,can't get it of them.
Played my last game twice,same outcome.
1-10 in freekicks vs 1-8 in freekicks.
That's been the story for the past 5-6 games,and I've just passed the 100th game without a penalty.
It's a fucking joke,game is hard enough without this cheating shit.

I've changed camera angle,so it's a bit harder,but that's no fucking excuse.
The better your team gets,the better you play,the worse the CPU behaves.
Suddenly teams like Udinese is unbreakable.
Two more games coming,if they behave the same,shit is gone

Last edited:
It's getting tougher and tougher.
My last game vs Udinese was horrible,85% passing,they didn't lose one single battle.
Their goal had a magnetic shield around it,Sane hit the post three times in a row,4 goal line clearances.
Horrible.
But I can take that,every other game is like that I guess.
But what I don't accept is the fact that TP has raised the bar in everything,worst is the fact that I hardly get any freekick,just like PES 16, and their close ball controll is superb,can't get it of them.
Played my last game twice,same outcome.
1-10 in freekicks vs 1-8 in freekicks.
That's been the story for the past 5-6 games,and I've just passed the 100th game without a penalty.
It's a fucking joke,game is hard enough without this cheating shit.

I've changed camera angle,so it's a bit harder,but that's no fucking excuse.
The better your team gets,the better you play,the worse the CPU behaves.
Suddenly teams like Udinese is unbreakable.
Two more games coming,if they behave the same,shit is gone

Lol I said that to someone a while ago that I found that the more you improve the better the A.I gets. . . it's the good ol' scripting stopping you from running away with everything. I got two penos in ML. . a few other people said the same . .unless we're allocated two every season.

nice to have you on-board Chief,my condolences on your Bayern,saw the game vs Eintracht :)

Thx man...ah well it´s okay :). They´ll get to it.

I´m now in the month of march, on the 2nd place in the skyBet championship, chasing Newcastle.

Used the winter transfer window and reworked almost my entire team, except for my defense.

- Westwood (CM): didn´t really like his style of play nor his stats. Kept him only for boosting the team spirit.
Since a nice offer came in (didn´t even put him on transfer list) I let him go.

- Agbonlahor (MS): Hurt me a bit to let him go, but since he´s 31 and his stats are falling, I thought of putting him on the transfer list to get some transfer money for him. Also, Balotelli and Inaki Williams are doing a great job and I have other players on the bench.

- Mccormack (MS) and Gestede (MS): Haven´t been very fond of them, plus they had to make way for better players.
Got some nice transfer money for them.

- Jedinak (CM): I used to set him. Good player, good kicking power, but I couldn´t resist the offer I got for him.

Sold a few others and had a great financial buffer, to buy a few players.

- Fraser (LMF): Bought him on loan with a buy option. Loving his agility and speed. Reminds me a bit of Messi.
Scored one goal so far...but always present on the pitch!

Did the same for another one (forgot his name), has the same age, plays as RMF on the other side, good stats and bought him on loan either.
Didn´t add no buy option but I hope that it´s possible to buy him after the loan period is over.

Signed a youth player as an SS, having an overall strength of 75 already. Good pace, good stats.
Keeping on training him.

The financial buffer I talked about before, has been spent to make two big deals, which aren´t quite realistic though :P

- J. Geis (CDM / 80): Bought him off Schalke 04 (German Bundesliga). He´s 23, been playing in the 1st german league and joining now an english team in the 2nd divison. Well...yeah :P

- Xabi Alonso: Bought him off Bayern :D . With his 35 years of age he probably wanted to breathe some english air until he retires :).

Even it´s a bit strange, I love having them both in my team.

Now as the squad been reworked, team spririt went down (mostly because Westwood was gone) I had a losing streak of about 4 - 5 games. Couldn´t score anymore. Thx god the teams under me haven´t been much better and I didn´t fall too much in the chart.
But those new players just didn´t find in the game.

Then this one game, Geis (long ranger, kicking power 89) pulled off a long shot (somewhere between middle line and box) and scored!!! What a goal! Recored it, gonna upload soon.
After this goal the team got his confidence back and Balotelli and Inaki Williams - the striker dream team - scored one each...game ended 3-1.

Next game I won 6:0 and almost all of the new players scored. The one after that was a draw and the next games had low scorelines again.

Made it to the semi finals of the FA cup and keep on chasing Newcastle!

1296.png

Manager:
Robbie Ryan
Club: Bari FC

SEASON 2016-2017 - OCTOBER

Bari manager Robbie Ryan promised to go back to basics after a dismal september. Adjustments in defensive shape and personnel were specifically mentioned as being on the cards and the two scheduled TIM cup games against Udinese were marked down for some tactical experimentation.

Bari vs Novara

Bari's first game of the month was at home to Novara, Ryan brought in Marco Romizi for his first start of the season to partner Migjem Basha in midfield in a change designed to create energy and movement. As the match progressed each area of the team slotted into their designated roles with added emphasis on maintaining formation. i Galletti looked much sturdier if not a little blunt. Unfortunately however the games only key moment came when Bari left back Daprela was caught up the pitch and Novara sub Kupisz utlised the space to cut inside and slot into the far corner. Ryan left the Stadio San Nicola noticeably gutted that his work at the training ground was ruined by one disasterous moment.

Bar1 0 - 1 Novara - MoM: Romizi

TIM CUP Udinese vs Bari

With the defeat to Novara making it 5 consecutive losses, boss Ryan abandoned all plans of experimentation for the double header against in-form Serie A side Udinese and instead looked to solidify the foundations he attempted to implement in the previous game. Bari looked much improved and held their own but in the end, in both legs a solitary strike from Zapata was the difference A vote of confidence from the club president insinuated that results against the side a division above were not expected nor important and that the spirit the side showed will undoubtedly get a much needed result sooner rather than later. This statement came out before the news of a double injury blow, with Monas and Monachello both out for 3 weeks with injuries

TIM CUP Udinese 2-0 Bari (1-0 each leg)

Bari vs Trapani

Luca Toni made his first appearance in 4 games replacing the injured Monachello. The big striker came close to opening the scoring twice against Granata but was unable to finish off his chances. His strike partner De Luca covered a lot of ground defensive to help secure a much needed clean sheet for Bari which manager Ryan expressed delight with but will surely be disappointed not to capitalise against the weak defence of Trapani. Ryan again reiterated the progress being made but will surely have to get a result away at Spezia to save his job.

Bari 0 - 0 Trapani - MoM: De Luca

Spezia vs Bari

The whispers coming out of Puglia were that only a win could keep the Robbie Ryan gamble alive and that anything less would result in the club president folding and cutting his losses. The boss seemed unfazed with this and kept the same line up which made 'baby steps' at home to Trapani. A defensive Direct approach with Luca Toni the targetman. Bari took their time to create any chances but refused their opponents any breathing space on the ball. The theme continued into the second half until Toni inspired his side into a flurry of activity. As the end of the match approached the fans inside the Stadio San Nicola must have been at a loss as to how i Galletti hadn't yet scored. Ryan refused to budge and the attacks were relentless, then out of pure persistence the deadlock was broken. A wonderful cross from Sabelli was challenged for by Ivan, the ball deflected up into the air and Martinho arrived to head home the loose ball past the stranded keeper. An awful run of 8 games without a win ended. Bari saw out until the final whistle to audible relief in the stands

Spezia 0 - 1 Bari - Goal: Martinho, MoM: Toni

Bari fans will be hoping that the two results at the end of October will spark a revival. A settled system has been found and now a settled side will be key to keep the run of good performances going. Despair turned to optimism thanks to a single goal, the only one scored in the entire month and manager Ryan will be forever grateful to Martinho for it!

Player Of The Month: Marco Romizi - brought in to add energy to the midfield, Romizi has added sturdiness to the defence and an extra outlet through the middle in attack

Goal Of The Month: Raphael Martinho vs Spezia - like september, the only goal to choose from. A goal that will be celebrated for its importance rather than quality.

P9 W3 D1 L5 Pts10
POS: 13th

Lol I said that to someone a while ago that I found that the more you improve the better the A.I gets. . . it's the good ol' scripting stopping you from running away with everything. I got two penos in ML. . a few other people said the same . .unless we're allocated two every season.
I can take all of that,but when it's a no freekick game,that's so boring.
Got two games coming,might fuck the CPU and play Pro on the first one,see how it reacts.
Still a lovely game

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Played three really good matches today: 1-0 loss, 1-0 win and 2-2 draw. Focused on thinking "inside the box" because shots from any distance don't seem to produce. Scored from a run into box (bottom corner), rebound in 1 vs 1 (bottom corner) and lucky hassle in front of goal.

Lesson learned: just gotta get close.

Might post a video later. Or just play more.

I can take all of that,but when it's a no freekick game,that's so boring.
What's your PA? Like someone said, lots of free kicks on PA0, especially when the CPU gets aggressive. Happens most often when you protect receiving a pass, and the CPU tries to intercept aggressively.

Just had a cup match where the CPU took a red.

Penalties, however: haven't had one so far.

Last edited:
Currently playing a ML as Reading on top player.

Signed a load of free transfers and top of the Championship after 10 games.

Also through to the third round of the FA Cup after beating Manchester Utd 2-1 in extra time.

One of the toughest matches I have played on a football game ever.

What's your PA? Like someone said, lots of free kicks on PA0, especially when the CPU gets aggressive. Happens most often when you protect receiving a pass, and the CPU tries to intercept aggressively.

Just had a cup match where the CPU took a red.

Penalties, however: haven't had one so far.
Always play on PA0, I've had plenty of freekicks,but the last 5-6 games have been super strange,CPU being razor sharp on TP,can't get the ball from them,and not getting freekicks at all,a few in my own half,but not like before.
Think it's the CPUs way to screw me over,it'll come back.
Plus I've changed camera angle and it's so much tougher than before.

Palermo 1-1 Milan.
Strange game,not getting freekicks and Palermo having a field day with their passing,felt better than previous games,but still to much aid for the CPU

Second game,the game,Milan vs inter.
And every freekick I hadn't got before,came back,the intensity of this game,insane.
The inter player Banega was sent of in the 31st minute for his second yellow.
I didn't have a 100th of a second with the ball here,they pressured me all over,and when I got a bit of space,bang,they clipped me.
Had three very good freekicks in the first half,one hitting the crossbar and out.
My goal came in the 45th minute,a corner that bounced around before me getting a toe on it for 1-0

Rest of the game was insane,tackles,cards,freekicks and me almost getting a few goals in
Game ended 1-0 me.
Probably the most intense game I've played.
I had three yellow card,inter had 9.
Being a derby,this is what you want,plus it all felt OK,no cheating,no slowing down when you get a pass into space,no sudden five meter speed burst from CPU when I'm in a good position.

2nd behind Juve,two points up,hope I've seen the last of the CPU madness.
Love my camera angle,tight and close to the pitch and with that broadcast angle to it

Always play on PA0, I've had plenty of freekicks,but the last 5-6 games have been super strange,CPU being razor sharp on TP,can't get the ball from them,and not getting freekicks at all,a few in my own half,but not like before.
Think it's the CPUs way to screw me over,it'll come back.
Plus I've changed camera angle and it's so much tougher than before.

Been having the same exact experience lately. I´ve been playing my ass out of the chair on every match. As a result, I´m 4th, 3 points behind the leader. Today I just played a match against Leeds (2rd) 3 times, and couldn´t stand it. It was no where near the balanced matches I usually have. This wasn´t the first one though, but we all love this game and make an effort to ignore certain things. Today it was simply too much, literaly. I had my last 5 matches with all players on form, Polter has been very important, scoring lots of goals and Lobato has been his deep supporter.

Today, Leeds match, Polter and Lobato with red arrows. So I´m forced to play with two unused Forwards. Playing through the match, nothing works. I play cautiously, they abuse me, I play agressive, they abuse me. I can´t win any ball, my tallest CB can´t win one single aerial battle, my GK always, ALWAYS parries the ball to a lonely striker, who taps it in. I didn´t record the matches but I should, to show you some interesting stats. On pretty much every match I win possession with around 60%, and this one is no diferent. 60% possession, around 80% pass, 15 shots (7 on target). CPU shoots twice, twice on target, one goal and that´s it. The match is lost. Yes, it happens, no I don´t mind that it happened here and there... but I can´t accept the fact that some matches are ruined from the start. It´s like playing a diferent game, unresponsive controls, players don´t run as good, miss all shots, GK is like a baby... it´s simply too much and it´s just no fun. Dunno what to do, I might go to professional, not because of the dificulty it self, but because of the nonsense that these matches are. I wan´t to have fun, and today I went through a psycotic episode, nearly smahsing my controller against the wall.

Been having the same exact experience lately. I´ve been playing my ass out of the chair on every match. As a result, I´m 4th, 3 points behind the leader. Today I just played a match against Leeds (2rd) 3 times, and couldn´t stand it. It was no where near the balanced matches I usually have. This wasn´t the first one though, but we all love this game and make an effort to ignore certain things. Today it was simply too much, literaly. I had my last 5 matches with all players on form, Polter has been very important, scoring lots of goals and Lobato has been his deep supporter.

Today, Leeds match, Polter and Lobato with red arrows. So I´m forced to play with two unused Forwards. Playing through the match, nothing works. I play cautiously, they abuse me, I play agressive, they abuse me. I can´t win any ball, my tallest CB can´t win one single aerial battle, my GK always, ALWAYS parries the ball to a lonely striker, who taps it in. I didn´t record the matches but I should, to show you some interesting stats. On pretty much every match I win possession with around 60%, and this one is no diferent. 60% possession, around 80% pass, 15 shots (7 on target). CPU shoots twice, twice on target, one goal and that´s it. The match is lost. Yes, it happens, no I don´t mind that it happened here and there... but I can´t accept the fact that some matches are ruined from the start. It´s like playing a diferent game, unresponsive controls, players don´t run as good, miss all shots, GK is like a baby... it´s simply too much and it´s just no fun. Dunno what to do, I might go to professional, not because of the dificulty it self, but because of the nonsense that these matches are. I wan´t to have fun, and today I went through a psycotic episode, nearly smahsing my controller against the wall.
It's horrible when it happends,and you can feel from the start of the game.
I've done the following trick,switch down to proffesional for a game and then back,it usually tricks the CPU
I think the worst thing is that a game like this doesn't need this,it's tough anyway,usually it goes away after a few games.
Hopefully it helps,cause it's so frustrating getting no freekicks and so on.
Or sim a few games
If I restart this game,I'm gonna edit most of Serie A and B teams into possesion tactics,some games are long balls down the wing for 90 minutes,and that pretty much kills your gameplay aswell,cause the CPU doesn't get tired,just keeps doing the same thing.

So for my next ML,editing teams will be necessary

It's just spells of scripting that the A.I throws up to make it look like a loss of form with your team .. . they crocked my top striker Rossi for 10 weeks and he came back for 1 match and they crocked him again for 6 weeks ha ha. . .you know when you're in trouble when all your top players are in red arrows. . . if I get a draw from those games I'm happy. . .it will all pass and level itself out. . . Professional seems fairer but sometimes too easy.

It's just spells of scripting that the A.I throws up to make it look like a loss of form with your team .. . they crocked my top striker Rossi for 10 weeks and he came back for 1 match and they crocked him again for 6 weeks ha ha. . .you know when you're in trouble when all your top players are in red arrows. . . if I get a draw from those games I'm happy. . .it will all pass and level itself out. . . Professional seems fairer but sometimes too easy.
Think proffesional is looser,the gameplay feels less assisted,or it could be the fact that the better players you get,the more on rails they feel?
Wouldn't mind playing on proffesional again,with players avg 70-75 ovr.

The game is quite good, they have great stuff going on here. I´ve noticed so clearly, passing is less assisted at away matches. At home maches, it´s like I almost using PA1, if I see someone running, I pass the ball fast and most times I nail the pass. Away matches are tougher, but still enjoyable. Now and then comes these matches were everything is out of balance. My passing fails, my defense fails, positioning, individual stats... everything goes down the drain, it´s just too unfair.
I haven´t been reporting my latest matches, will soon, but I´ve had great ones, with stunning results!
Last month (game time), no losses, 4 wins, where I was able to win 6-1 and 4-0! Totally dominated those matches. Away matches are way harder, and I usually draw, so I´ll take that as a realistic thing, and probably swallow my pride and accept the impossibility of beating Leeds on their turf this time... it´s very very forced result, but I guess I´ll take it and move on.

Olimpo dream

I reached team spirit 70 today. At the same time - coincidentally or not - won a number of offensive headers in a home match. Had not happened at lower TS values.

Funny that you're talking about scripting right now. Played a match earlier. Went up 1-0 early. After a solid battle CPU equalizes. It's their first shot. I decide to try to learn and watch replay to see what I did wrong. In the replay I am blocking the shot. When CPU attacker shoots, the defensive player rotates his body to provide a clear path to the goal. I didn't do that.

I continue the match. The CPU scores with their second shot. I watch the replay again. Same thing happens as in the first goal.

I quit the game - don't worry, I'll make sure that I'll lose the final retake. I restart the match, using it as a testbed for defending. Learned quite a few things about defending while testing. But didn't see similar "event scripting" again. Did see quite a few 45' goals, though.

Momentum scripting is bad, but event scripting is worse in my book.

Anyway, they should add an option to disable team spirit and player emotions and all this forced feeling stuff.

Still totally hooked to this game, no doubt about that. Just need to accept the occasional sh*t happening.

Olimpo dream

I reached team spirit 70 today. At the same time - coincidentally or not - won a number of offensive headers in a home match. Had not happened at lower TS values.

Funny that you're talking about scripting right now. Played a match earlier. Went up 1-0 early. After a solid battle CPU equalizes. It's their first shot. I decide to try to learn and watch replay to see what I did wrong. In the replay I am blocking the shot. When CPU attacker shoots, the defensive player rotates his body to provide a clear path to the goal. I didn't do that.

I continue the match. The CPU scores with their second shot. I watch the replay again. Same thing happens as in the first goal.

I quit the game - don't worry, I'll make sure that I'll lose the final retake. I restart the match, using it as a testbed for defending. Learned quite a few things about defending while testing. But didn't see similar "event scripting" again. Did see quite a few 45' goals, though.

Momentum scripting is bad, but event scripting is worse in my book.

Anyway, they should add an option to disable team spirit and player emotions and all this forced feeling stuff.

Still totally hooked to this game, no doubt about that. Just need to accept the occasional sh*t happening.
yes,one must accept it,it will pass,ive had both a tougher and easier game by changing my camera,tougher because you can't see that far ahead of you,easier because you can play Def and pull off moves better when having a closer view.
yeah we've all been quitting games here

so TS at 85,Team strength at 83,my team is about 80-85 over,so facing a 70 ovr Carpi,if playing smart and effective,wouldnt be a problem?
and it wasn't,kill them off first 35 minutes by scoring three goals,as it should be.
here's Mertens 3-0 goal,and again camera angle is so much fun

Lovely diving header. . . does this mean lower camera angle encourages diving headers? lol

so much fun watching your young players develop,ive had both Calabria and Locatelli out on loan for almost 1,5 seasons,now that they are back,im giving them some games to,Calabria 77 ovr RB and Locatelli 74 ovr Cmf.
interesting thing,im currently 668k over my salary cap,see what happens next season,guess I'll get more if I finish well,otherwise?
next up Juventus

Rock I was just about to put the vid up .. . . that first foul by Avellino is a 'real' foul . . looked great. I'll put up the vid anyway.

Three of us are on the same points in joint first place. . .my Ts is 95.
Getting shit done I see,and TS at 95, you should be in Serie A next season

Haven't had much time to post recently but still been reading you guys posts and enjoying it.

I will post up 3 videos later once i get home from work.

@xicpanad, yeh i experienced the very same thing with Leeds yesterday and it annoyed me so much that i turned the game off in the 2nd half and played FIFA to give myself a little break.

We have just beaten a team in the Top 3 (i wont say who as it will spoil the video that i will upload later) and then we play Leeds who are in the bottom 3. I picked 2 players because they were "glowing" and it is a rival match. But we were so so rubbish. They were 3 nil up in the first half. My GK cannot save so i put a defender in goal, silly i know but i was just getting frustrated. Then it went 4-0 so i quit. It seems that every medium/long ball is cut out by the defender even when it looks like it will get passed them. When it does go past them it is too hard. It happens consistently yet i can pass long balls all over the pitch left to right. Not that i play long balls all the time but when i see the striker running into space i play the long ball but the defender always gets to it. It's would be nice to see the CPU defender mistime a header or just fail to cut a ball out , I don't think i have seen that yet. Also it can be annoying when i see a player in space in the penalty area and i pass to him to run onto it but then he stops running. Maybe it is just the team but i am noticing a lot of niggly things at the moment. Especially when the CPU has been boosted like Leeds.

I may have to drop down to Regular when player lower placed teams and then notch it back up to higher placed teams. I just wish they kept it the same or so it the opposite as it would make more sense.

the game is unplayable sometimes or many times in ML superstar difficulty, real madrid turn into your worst nightmare on superstar and cheating is all over the place, even bvb dortmund turn into a nightmare, the cheating has to stop,.... i'm quitting games because of this, the problem is on superstar you cant afford any mistake in mispassing for example close to the area while you're building up, the AI will score and find space to be one on one just by 1 mispass, this is unforgiving and getting back from 1-0 down on superstar is hassle, i''m finding it hard to finish opponents off even when i have 65 % possession, psg goalkeeper for example made manuel neur saves that only him can do in my match vs psg at camp nou, this game is really good but unforgiving on superstar, 1 small mistake and u end on the wrong end of the score while u tried for the whole match to score.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom