The Master League adventures thread

Couple of highlight packages here, Wolves at home first and then Sheff Wed at home...

Very disappointing at home to Wolves. The team didn't perform at all. The only positive is Winnall and Bradshaw are building up a bit of a partnership up front.

This game was probably the most boring game i have ever played. In the first half Sheff Wed didnt have any shots. We should have scored more. The main thing is we one. A boring game but i loved it.

Also i love the way Winnall clattered into the GK for his goal and left him on the floor. A very brave header.

Also for Rocko and Xicpanad this is why i love Polter...

All full manual i may add. Sorry they are on FIFA16. I will try to buy him in my Barnsley career as he is second in the scoring charts at the moment.

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

August - Unlucky for Some!
A month with everything for Valladolid as they sit 13th in the table after 3 games, winning 1, drawing 1 and losing the other. It could have been better, but its a positive start and if things carry on in this vein, something to look forward to.

It began with an early goal at Girona, as within 5 minutes Drazic had drilled the visitors into the lead. Alas it wouldn't last and the hosts got on top quickly, winding up with a 2-1 win and leaving the Albivioletas wondering if this year would be a repeat of last.

Then another away game saw the team hold Lugo to a goalless draw. It wasn't pretty or exciting, but it put points on the board and that is just the type of building blocks the team need at this stage of the year.

But it would be in the teams first home game of the year that things would come together. Huesca (one of just 2 teams who finished below Valladolid) would be on the end of a relative hammering and will count themselves lucky to come away losing 2-0. It was an impressive display and if not for the woodwork and some inspired goalkeeping, 2 could easily have been 6 or more.

September is another short month due to an International break. Home games with Mirandes and UCAM Murcia get things going, before a trip to Elche to finish it off.

August Results
(A) 1-2 Girona (Drazic)
(A) 0-0 CD Lugo
(H) 2-0 Huesca (Juan Villar), (Alex Perez)

Current Standings
newstad_zpsbjmfsuyv.png

Last edited:
Couple of highlight packages here, Wolves at home first and then Sheff Wed at home...

Very disappointing at home to Wolves. The team didn't perform at all. The only positive is Winnall and Bradshaw are building up a bit of a partnership up front.

This game was probably the most boring game i have ever played. In the first half Sheff Wed didnt have any shots. We should have scored more. The main thing is we one. A boring game but i loved it.

Also i love the way Winnall clattered into the GK for his goal and left him on the floor. A very brave header.

All full manual i may add. Sorry they are on FIFA16. I will try to buy him in my Barnsley career as he is second in the scoring charts at the moment.
Nice one vs Wednesday,1-0 wins is the greatest of them all
Not really your day vs Wolves,Winnall has to be your top scorer right?

Bradshaw has 8 (inc hatrick v Cardiff) in league and 1 in the FA Cup.
Winnall has 7 in league and 2 in the FA Cup.

So 9 each which is not bad and they had a slowish start. You can really see them improving and linking up well. I really love Winnall's header against Sheff Wed very brave, banged into the GK and then the post. Notice it more in the highlights at the end of the clip. Bradshaw is better in the air and does little flick ons. He was injured for the Sheff Wed game. Actually he had a red arrow but I use my imagination and think of him as having a slight knock so he didn't even make the subs bench.

Winnall also has 4 assists.

Yes 1-0's are great. I cannot understand some saying how end to end it is. I don't see that at all. Some matches yes but some are also really boring. Sometimes I think we are playing a different game.

If you want him, you´ll have to pay me first ahahah. I have to play him from the start now. Had a couple months were I put him on the bench, looking for solutions for our lack of goals, but now he´s been very important for our strategy.

Bradshaw has 8 (inc hatrick v Cardiff) in league and 1 in the FA Cup.
Winnall has 7 in league and 2 in the FA Cup.

So 9 each which is not bad and they had a slowish start. You can really see them improving and linking up well. I really love Winnall's header against Sheff Wed very brave, banged into the GK and then the post. Notice it more in the highlights at the end of the clip. Bradshaw is better in the air and does little flick ons. He was injured for the Sheff Wed game. Actually he had a red arrow but I use my imagination and think of him as having a slight knock so he didn't even make the subs bench.

Winnall also has 4 assists.

Yes 1-0's are great. I cannot understand some saying how end to end it is. I don't see that at all. Some matches yes but some are also really boring. Sometimes I think we are playing a different game.
I think we are playing different games,quite honestly I really do,when I was younger I hated not winning from the get go,now I appriciate the effort more,and also it's very nice to learn stuff about how you set up team and so on.
I'm having tons of hard fought midfield battles.
Sore losers I guess?

I've just played not only one of the best games I have had with this years PES, but one of the best games I have played in a football game ever. I got beat 2-1 in a rivals match. Maybe there was a "rivals" script running, but I honestly couldn't care less. The reason I never drew level (repeatedly) was entirely my fault, as were Frosinone's two goals... which were belters by the way.

It might take a wee while to edit and upload, but I will.

Fuck me, that was good.

Man,just played the Derby,probably upload it tmw.
Rain,bad temper,injuries,nasty game from the start.
I'll have it for you later lads

I've just played not only one of the best games I have had with this years PES, but one of the best games I have played in a football game ever. I got beat 2-1 in a rivals match. Maybe there was a "rivals" script running, but I honestly couldn't care less. The reason I never drew level (repeatedly) was entirely my fault, as were Frosinone's two goals... which were belters by the way.

It might take a wee while to edit and upload, but I will.

Fuck me, that was good.

:SNACK:

Derby della Madoninna!

As always,a brutal affair between my Milan and inter.
Two injuries and a handful of yellow cards

Did play a bunch of other games,both yesterday and today
Didn't have the stamina to put together anything on those.
But Here's the scores

FC Carpi 0-2 Milan
Man city 1-0 Milan CL
Milan 2-0 Juventus
AC Siena 0-1 Milan Copa Italia
Milan 1-0 AC Siena Coppa Italia
Atletico Madrid 4-0 Milan CL
Milan 1-0 Napoli
Milan 1-0 Torino
Fiorentina 1-1 Milan
Milan 0-0 Atletico Madrid
Milan 2-0 Sampdoria
Bologna 1-0 Milan
Empoli 0-1 Milan

This means I'm in 2nd place with 28 pts in 12 games,one point after Juventus
My CL campaign is a bit rougher.
After four games.
A Madrid 7
Basel. 6
Man C. 6
Milan. 4
Next game is Basel away and City at home.
Need wins in both,if not,I'm not even gonna make the last 32 of EL on a third place finish,let alone a spot in the last 32 of CL

Real Valladolid

(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

September- Oh Dear!
There isn't anything good to say this month for Valladolid as the ghosts of last season came back to haunt them, as once more a long season could well be in the offing.

pener_zpszjpxqbwp.png

The 2-0 home defeat to Mirandes summed up everything bad with the club, a lack of cutting edge and being prone to collapse should things not go their way. This would be followed up by the teams only point of the month in a 0-0 draw with UCAM Murica. The visitors in that one will feel unlucky not to take all 3pts as Pereira would save an early penalty, in a drab encounter.

soldy_zpshb3ptgt0.png

Finally a visit to Elche and at least something to smile about as Roberto Soldado would break his duck for the club, but again it proved to be little consolation as the hosts nabbed a pair and after 6 games, Valladolid have 1 win and are in familiar territory at the foot of the table.

October will include a trip to Cordoba, the Copa del Rey 2nd round tie with La Liga's Real Betis and then 3 games in a week to end the month, hosting Leganes, travelling to Getafe before finishing up at home to Gimnastic. Now or never springs to mind!

September Results
(H) 0-2 Mirandes
(H) 0-0 UCAM Murcia
(A) 1-2 Elche (Soldado)

Current Standings
standsep_zpsi52sihmr.png

Derby della Madoninna!

As always,a brutal affair between my Milan and inter.
Two injuries and a handful of yellow cards

Did play a bunch of other games,both yesterday and today
Didn't have the stamina to put together anything on those.
But Here's the scores

FC Carpi 0-2 Milan
Man city 1-0 Milan CL
Milan 2-0 Juventus
AC Siena 0-1 Milan Copa Italia
Milan 1-0 AC Siena Coppa Italia
Atletico Madrid 4-0 Milan CL
Milan 1-0 Napoli
Milan 1-0 Torino
Fiorentina 1-1 Milan
Milan 0-0 Atletico Madrid
Milan 2-0 Sampdoria
Bologna 1-0 Milan
Empoli 0-1 Milan

This means I'm in 2nd place with 28 pts in 12 games,one point after Juventus
My CL campaign is a bit rougher.
After four games.
A Madrid 7
Basel. 6
Man C. 6
Milan. 4
Next game is Basel away and City at home.
Need wins in both,if not,I'm not even gonna make the last 32 of EL on a third place finish,let alone a spot in the last 32 of CL

Great win in the derby. . .going great. . .how did you get away with that filthy tackle at the end? Lol

Real Valladolid

September- Oh Dear!
There isn't anything good to say this month for Valladolid as the ghosts of last season came back to haunt them, as once more a long season could well be in the offing.

pener_zpszjpxqbwp.png

The 2-0 home defeat to Mirandes summed up everything bad with the club, a lack of cutting edge and being prone to collapse should things not go their way. This would be followed up by the teams only point of the month in a 0-0 draw with UCAM Murica. The visitors in that one will feel unlucky not to take all 3pts as Pereira would save an early penalty, in a drab encounter.

soldy_zpshb3ptgt0.png

Finally a visit to Elche and at least something to smile about as Roberto Soldado would break his duck for the club, but again it proved to be little consolation as the hosts nabbed a pair and after 6 games, Valladolid have 1 win and are in familiar territory at the foot of the table.

October will include a trip to Cordoba, the Copa del Rey 2nd round tie with La Liga's Real Betis and then 3 games in a week to end the month, hosting Leganes, travelling to Getafe before finishing up at home to Gimnastic. Now or never springs to mind!

September Results
(H) 0-2 Mirandes
(H) 0-0 UCAM Murcia
(A) 1-2 Elche (Soldado)

Current Standings
standsep_zpsi52sihmr.png

What's your team spirit at?

Still to edit that match. Spent most the day catching up on discussions about the game and musing over what to put in a feedback doc Asim says he will happily take from me.

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on 5 most recent matches
Team spirit in matches: 56-61

Summary

business-discussion.jpg

- It's plain and simple: we can't score.

- Well, our team spirit has been kind of low recently. The team is still adapting to new manager, new formation and new teammates. Scoring is infamously elusive.

- That doesn't quite explain it. I mean, five more matches without a goal. Defensively we're doing ok: it's still three draws and two losses. Although that's partially because the opposition has been wasteful as well. They know you're a superb goalie, so they always go for the corners of the goal. They would have probably scored a few more, even from rebounds, if they'd targeted the central parts of the goal bit more. But we... We are both too direct in our approach - not creating enough chances - and too wasteful.

- You do realize that before you took over we were playing a 4-3-3 and often went in with a highly attacking attitude? Now it's a 4-2-3-1, and we only go offensive when we're a goal down.

- I know that. But the league has changed. You've noticed what happens if we go offensive. You've seen how quickly they can hit us.

- That's true. All I can say, as the captain, is that the guys are doing their very best. The last time we had this discussion we were concerned about them shooting too high. Now they've been shooting much lower, as you instructed. But it hasn't helped. Their keepers have saved even those shots we thought would surely go in. A great example from the last match is the shot by Gaona Lugo to the bottom corner when he was 1 vs. 1 with the keeper. I thought it was almost perfect. Well, could have been a bit harder, but the placement was superb. And their keeper still took it. One handed stretch. Simply an amazing save.

- I know, I bit my tongue when that happened. This feels partially like inadequate performance and partially like the twilight zone. But if you split the defense apart, then you will certainly score. And we haven't done that. We need to split them inside the box, arrange for a sure shot.

- You know how difficult it is, with these teams? We can't even win a single offensive header if we are challenged by a defender. Trying to pass around in the box without being intercepted... You really think it's a good idea to try it?

- No, probably not like that. But either with speed, or by challenging in one vs. ones on the wings. We do have skills on the wings, and I have actually arranged for some more speed to arrive soon. Strength in numbers in the box. Move fast.

- Speaking of new arrivals. The guys are anxious with the summer transfer window just around the corner. Will there be changes?

- Yes there will. We have too many guys who we can't play. The current situation doesn't make any sense. A new winger and a young GK are already inbound. Don't worry, he won't be challenging you for number 1 goalie position. We have weaknesses in a large number of places, especially if someone gets injured or is in down form. I am hoping to also raise a few more players from the youth academy.

- Personnel changes will lower our team spirit again.

- True, but I have to think about the team in the long run. I have made a long term commitment to this team.

- That's good to hear, I guess. There's been a lot of speculation about you leaving the team.

- I have received a number of offers, that is true. But I am here to stay. Assuming they don't kick me out.

Olimpo dream

Report on 5 most recent matches
Team spirit in matches: 56-61

Summary

business-discussion.jpg

- It's plain and simple: we can't score.

- Well, our team spirit has been kind of low recently. The team is still adapting to new manager, new formation and new teammates. Scoring is infamously elusive.

- That doesn't quite explain it. I mean, five more matches without a goal. Defensively we're doing ok: it's still three draws and two losses. Although that's partially because the opposition has been wasteful as well. They know you're a superb goalie, so they always go for the corners of the goal. They would have probably scored a few more, even from rebounds, if they'd targeted the central parts of the goal bit more. But we... We are both too direct in our approach - not creating enough chances - and too wasteful.

- You do realize that before you took over we were playing a 4-3-3 and often went in with a highly attacking attitude? Now it's a 4-2-3-1, and we only go offensive when we're a goal down.

- I know that. But the league has changed. You've noticed what happens if we go offensive. You've seen how quickly they can hit us.

- That's true. All I can say, as the captain, is that the guys are doing their very best. The last time we had this discussion we were concerned about them shooting too high. Now they've been shooting much lower, as you instructed. But it hasn't helped. Their keepers have saved even those shots we thought would surely go in. A great example from the last match is the shot by Gaona Lugo to the bottom corner when he was 1 vs. 1 with the keeper. I thought it was almost perfect. Well, could have been a bit harder, but the placement was superb. And their keeper still took it. One handed stretch. Simply an amazing save.

- I know, I bit my tongue when that happened. This feels partially like inadequate performance and partially like the twilight zone. But if you split the defense apart, then you will certainly score. And we haven't done that. We need to split them inside the box, arrange for a sure shot.

- You know how difficult it is, with these teams? We can't even win a single offensive header if we are challenged by a defender. Trying to pass around in the box without being intercepted... You really think it's a good idea to try it?

- No, probably not like that. But either with speed, or by challenging in one vs. ones on the wings. We do have skills on the wings, and I have actually arranged for some more speed to arrive soon. Strength in numbers in the box. Move fast.

- Speaking of new arrivals. The guys are anxious with the summer transfer window just around the corner. Will there be changes?

- Yes there will. We have too many guys who we can't play. The current situation doesn't make any sense. A new winger and a young GK are already inbound. Don't worry, he won't be challenging you for number 1 goalie position. We have weaknesses in a large number of places, especially if someone gets injured or is in down form. I am hoping to also raise a few more players from the youth academy.

- Personnel changes will lower our team spirit again.

- True, but I have to think about the team in the long run. I have made a long term commitment to this team.

- That's good to hear, I guess. There's been a lot of speculation about you leaving the team.

- I have received a number of offers, that is true. But I am here to stay. Assuming they don't kick me out.
Integrity there son.
Good job holding the suits off

Make or break time!

Game five of my Champions league campaign,I'm last in my group,and must win this game,and probably my last vs City aswell

So Basel away,when I played them at home I scored the game winner in extra time.
Team being worn,I have a smaller squad this year,and it shows.

Second game tonight,vs Lazio,and it didn't turn out well,fatigued,and a Lazio that didn't let me see the ball first 5-10 minutes.
Tried to make a push at the end,but game ended 1-2
Wouldn't mind a pen every now and then,played 83 games I think,and not a single one

Last edited:

Real Valladolid

October - Fortunes Revived!
For the first time in a long time (well forever infact) Valladolid can celebrate a successful month in the league, as they go undefeated through 4 games and would also push Real Betis all the way in the Copa del Rey.

Soldado would continue his run of scoring form by notching the solitary effort in a 1-0 win at Cordoba as October kick-started in the best way possible. The Copa del Rey tie with Real Betis followed and after a 1-0 loss away from home, Valladolid showed their resilience back at the Jose Zorrilla.

Drazic would put the hosts 1 up on the night and all square on aggregate, a scoreline that remained until the 112th minute in extra time. Then it would be heartbreak, as under constant pressure, the hosts failed to clear their lines and the ball would fall invitingly for the Betis frontman Jermain Lens to stick the ball home and give the La Liga side their get out of jail card.

That wouldn't dampened the spirits of Valladolid however, as Soldado scored for the 3rd league game on the spin as recently relegated Leganes were held 1-1. Then an impressive 1-0 win at Getafe put the team back into the top half of the table as Drazic once again found the net.

However it was the final game of the month at home to Gimnastic that got everyone talking. A 3 goal first half rasp' saw the hosts race clear, yet they almost contrived to blow it within the space of 4 2nd half minutes as Gimnastic scored, won a penalty (for which Luismi would be sent off), score the penalty and bring the score back to 3-2 with 20 minutes to go.

Fortunately Valladolid held firm and a 2nd goal for Dolly Menga would seal the deal in a thrilling 4-2 win, ensuring 10pts from a possible 12 on the table this month.

Hoping to carry their form into November, Valladolid host Tenerife, before travelling to promotion favourites Real Zaragoza. The derby and a reunion with Bruno Mendes is next as Numancia come to town, before Osasuna visit as they look to bounce back to the top flight at the first attempt.

October Results
(A) 1-0 Cordoba (Soldado)
(A) 0-1 Real Betis (Copa del Rey 2R 1L)
(H) 1-1 aet Real Betis (Copa del Rey 2R 2L) (Drazic)
(H) 1-1 Leganes (Soldado)
(A) 1-0 Getafe (Drazic)
(H) 4-2 Gimnastic (Filao), (Juan Villar), (Dolly Menga 2)

Current Standings
standnov_zpsdvjdxosl.png

Got myself a contract to coach Aston Villa.

Checked the team and formation...it´s a 4-2-2-2.

A quite solid defending team with Micah Richards in it. They did a good job until now, no need to look for players here at the moment.

Two center players Gardener and Jedinak. Both have a high kicking power and Gardener is a long ranger.
But the second coach advised me to replace one of them with Westwood. To be honest, I´m not very keen on placing him, but he adds a lot of team spirit. Depending on the form I set them two or Westwood before a game.

Set Ayew as an LMF. A good player but his explosive power is lacking and I notice it every time.
As an RMF I used to place Agbonlahor. I always tried getting him in earlier releases. He does a good job, but his age of 30 is noticeable here.
Gestede and Mccormack, two strikers which I´m not very satisfied of. Gestede is okay, but Mccormack is too slow.
There hav been too many situations where he got outran by opponent players.

So i gave Agbonlahor a chance and set him as a striker instead of Mcormack and put Adomah as an RMF.
Adomah does a much better job there and Agbon a better one than Mccormack. Plus the Team spirit looks better here.

My scout suggested me to get Inaki Williams. A 22 year old striker with a strength of 79 already, very fast, agile and with a good kicking power and nice skills. But he cost 23 million. I have a max of 26 million available.
Negotiated and put him down to 18 million. I was tempted to get him but then I waited too long and he quit.
Sold Grealish in the meantime for 8 million and asked for Williams again.
Now these pricks wanted to have 28 million. I negotiated and put them down to 22. Bite the bullet and just got him.
I wanted someone who I can concentrate on.

So I set him as a second striker along with Agbonlahor. He didn´t get into play the first matches.
Agbonlahor did a good job there and scored a few ones, but Inaki seemed not to find his confidence.
At first I thought..."great....23 million for nothing", but I put my trust in him and since he scored one goal in his 5th or 6th match, he finds himself better into play with each match!
A very good investement!

Matches are tough. Whenever I get my team to the 2nd or 1st place in the league, I´m seeing a losing streak and fall down to the 4th or 5th place.
My second coach tells me that Gollini, my keeper is developing very fast. At least here I don´t need to invest for now.

But I wanna prepare myself to find a younger alternative than Agbonlahor in my team. Looking for a good striker.
My scout suggested me Balotelli....he´s a free agent, so no need to pay high transfer money for him.
As the transfer window was closed when we made the deal, he´s gonna join my team on the 1st of jan.
I´m in the end of december and can´t wait to see how he´s gonna fit next to Inaki Williams.

Got myself another deal and signed R. Fraser (knowing him from FIFA). A young pacey player.
When he´s in the team, I´ll try to change to a 4-2-1-3 formation.

I´m excited!

Olimpo dream

Report on: summer transfer window activity

Summary

08cnd-foreclosure1.600.jpg

Buying, selling, hiring, letting them go for free.

Olimpo pretty much missed the first transfer window of the season, but they sure took advantage of the second.

A second promising AMF was primary target. No problem: sign one from youth academy. The academy has ridiculously good youngsters. My team had some players with OVRs 54, 58, 61. Signed a few youngsters with 70, 69, 68. They're actually too good, but that doesn't make the game too easy.

Second target: a promising CF who is a real aerial threat. We can't win contested offensive headers. That must change. Had to buy one and look for quite a while:
http://www.pesmaster.com/felipe-vizeu/pes-2017/player/111356/
Cost me around 4 million.

Get rid of junk: sold some, just released some to make room and free wages. I didn't need to sell all because transfer funds - I got plenty - wages got none.

Bought two young OVR 66 goalies to fight for future number 1 goalie position.

Next up cup match against a team in a winning streak. All pumped up.

Also took the job managing my home country Denmark.

Back
Top Bottom