The Master League adventures thread

After 10 fixtures in the Serie B, these are the standings:
IMG_3541.jpg

LaVolpe's Hellas has taken the 1st place after a dubious start of the season.

Last game against Carpi (then leaders) was an intense affair, the only goal of the match was by captain Pazzini who has had a great season

So far Hellas have slowly improved their teamwork (going from 50 to 62 TS in 12 games), and are currently in good shape and with high morale.
Both Quintero and Maher have been the brains for the team, even if Maher was injured and will miss almost the rest of the year (back in Dec after 12 week injury), definitely the backline has improved in the last 4 or 5 games.

In the 1st round of TIM Cup we faced Sampdoria who were tough as nails, we managed to win 1st leg 1-0 from a counter and the second leg we lost away 2-1 (again scoring from a counter). The final 15-20 minutes were hell as we were clearing and hoofing the ball.. amazing feeling!
We're through and now we're facing Napoli after winter break for the Cup 2nd round, that will be an impossible even tougher test for Lavolpe's pupils.

Nice goal there bud.

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on match: Olimpo - CA River Plate

Team spirit going in: 58

Condition going in (latest first): LDDDL

Highlight reel (sort of)

Summary

0626oped_beam.jpg

Might have been a level playing field, but didn't feel like it.

Opposition was superior. We had two shots, they had 15. It was only a question of how many they would score. They dominated even when their attitude was defensive. But this was quite realistic, given how strong a team they are:

oli_riv.jpg

My team star player injured, away for 4wks. Tomorrow first match away against league leader. :shiver:

BTW, I have no player with 'captaincy' property. Is that a big handicap?

Last edited:
Olimpo dream

Highlight reel (sort of)

Summary

0626oped_beam.jpg

Opposition was superior. We had two shots, they had 15. It was only a question of how many they would score. They dominated even when their attitude was defensive. But this was quite realistic, given how strong a team they are:

oli_riv.jpg

Countless times we just bounced off them when we tried to challenge. It will be interesting to see how these matches against the big guns will change over time with higher TS and higher OVR.

My team star player injured, away for 4wks. Tomorrow first match away against league leader. :shiver:

Think that boosts players stamina,but handicap nope.
Tough game James,never fun with honourable losses,but well done anyway.
Think we have pretty much the same camera angle

French connection part 2

Game 2 of my Champions League qf.
Won 1-0 away to Guingamp,a hard,well drilled team,so this would be a tough one.
A nailbiter til the end boys.

Could have been a high scoring game looking at those chances. ..good win .. . .Rock we'll have to stop saying what happens in the match beforehand .. .. . and make them watch the video eh? ha ha

After 10 fixtures in the Serie B, these are the standings:
IMG_3541.jpg

LaVolpe's Hellas has taken the 1st place after a dubious start of the season.

Last game against Carpi (then leaders) was an intense affair, the only goal of the match was by captain Pazzini who has had a great season

So far Hellas have slowly improved their teamwork (going from 50 to 62 TS in 12 games), and are currently in good shape and with high morale.
Both Quintero and Maher have been the brains for the team, even if Maher was injured and will miss almost the rest of the year (back in Dec after 12 week injury), definitely the backline has improved in the last 4 or 5 games.

In the 1st round of TIM Cup we faced Sampdoria who were tough as nails, we managed to win 1st leg 1-0 from a counter and the second leg we lost away 2-1 (again scoring from a counter). The final 15-20 minutes were hell as we were clearing and hoofing the ball.. amazing feeling!
We're through and now we're facing Napoli after winter break for the Cup 2nd round, that will be an impossible even tougher test for Lavolpe's pupils.
Great goal by Pazzini

Could have been a high scoring game looking at those chances. ..good win .. . .Rock we'll have to stop saying what happens in the match beforehand .. .. . and make them watch the video eh? ha ha
Always do that:)
Got to reel them in.
Was surprised how they did build up play,slowly and careful,except tw the end

Think that boosts players stamina,but handicap nope.
Thanks. Stamina is no issue, I play with a conservative pace.

Tough game James,never fun with honourable losses,but well done anyway.
Solid realism, I would say.

(This thread isn't the place for PES criticism for me, but will just mention that if the CPU didn't almost always go for the very corners of goals, it would have ended with even more realistic numbers. That is, they would have scored a few more.)

Great result for you in CL. :TU:

Last edited:
Thanks. Stamina is no issue, I play with a conservative pace.

Solid realism, I would say.

(This thread isn't the place for PES criticism for me, but will just mention that if the CPU didn't almost always go for the corners of goals, it would have ended with even more realistic numbers.)

Great result for you in CL. :TU:
Thanks.
Having a really good GK in Donnarumma has saved me a few times

I rested both Sane and Mertens vs Guingamp,but played LB Digne and CB Gimenez they've played every game for me so far,and those two are great,expensive,but worth every euro.
And Donnarumma,my 19 year old keeper is turning out to be my best player

I rested both Sane and Mertens vs Guingamp,but played LB Digne and CB Gimenez they've played every game for me so far,and those two are great,expensive,but worth every euro.
And Donnarumma,my 19 year old keeper is turning out to be my best player
Yeah, you got him first. (I have my eyes on another youngster goalie.)

The OVR of my Gallarjo from youth academy seems to go up with a nice pace. He just made the 'creative playmaker' role. He's the force that currently keeps us ticking.

Can you post a picture of your starting XI in the next match? (Or have it at one end of the highlights?)

Yeah, you got him first. (I have my eyes on another youngster goalie.)

The OVR of my Gallarjo from youth academy seems to go up with a nice pace. He just made the 'creative playmaker' role. He's the force that currently keeps us ticking.

Can you post a picture of your starting XI in the next match? (Or have it at one end of the highlights?)
Sure thing,won't be playing until later on tonite,but I'll get it up

Olimpo dream

Highlight reel (sort of)

Summary

0626oped_beam.jpg

oli_riv.jpg

Tough game. You do well to be playing on Superstar. I love the pictures you post. Good way to tell the story.

French connection part 2

Game 2 of my Champions League qf.
Won 1-0 away to Guingamp,a hard,well drilled team,so this would be a tough one.
A nailbiter til the end boys.

Well done my son! That two goal cushion was good but if they had got a goal who knows what may have happened.

Yeh Deco you are right. We shouldn't tell the scores that way it adds excitement to whoever watches it. Heh problem is I find it a problem posting highlights of a bad loss. Imagine those 8-0 thrashings I was getting, that would have been great fun for me trimming those and sorting out the best bits :P

amazing, would've wanted to have Donnarumma and see him develop since start of ML campaign but i guess there is no way to do that other than using AC Milan or another big team (with big buck$).. and since i always play from D2, impossible.

Oh i remember how dissapointed i was when i got his older brother for a bargain stupidly thinking it was him!

Yeh Deco you are right. We shouldn't tell the scores that way it adds excitement to whoever watches it. Heh problem is I find it a problem posting highlights of a bad loss. Imagine those 8-0 thrashings I was getting, that would have been great fun for me trimming those and sorting out the best bits :P

C'mon now Geee. .. . . .. I put up a vid 2 pages back of getting beaten and highlighted the other teams chances .. . .I know you're a Spurs fan and all but try and be fair . ... ha ha . . joking .. .Spurs doing well bud.

C'mon now Geee. .. . . .. I put up a vid 2 pages back of getting beaten and highlighted the other teams chances .. . .I know you're a Spurs fan and all but try and be fair . ... ha ha . . joking .. .Spurs doing well bud.

Heh I wish I could 'like' your post more than once. But it goes 'like' 'unlike' 'like' 'unlike' etc.... :P

amazing, would've wanted to have Donnarumma and see him develop since start of ML campaign but i guess there is no way to do that other than using AC Milan or another big team (with big buck$).. and since i always play from D2, impossible.

Oh i remember how dissapointed i was when i got his older brother for a bargain stupidly thinking it was him!
Ha ha,that's a bummer

Just reading some of the posts in the general thread. :COAT:Let me come back here where it is more positive :D
You read my mind G.
Such whining in there.
Do you know how many times I've just wanted to write "play with Lego?" Or " maybe learn how to play"
Or "stop being a cry baby"
There's a solution to everything in this game.
Remember when we,or more correct,you got hammered 8-0:)
We don't get it any longer,because we train and play.
Horrible thread got to stop hanging there

You read my mind G.
Such whining in there.
Do you know how many times I've just wanted to write "play with Lego?" Or " maybe learn how to play"
Or "stop being a cry baby"
There's a solution to everything in this game.
Remember when we,or more correct,you got hammered 8-0:)
We don't get it any longer,because we train and play.
Horrible thread got to stop hanging there

Thanks for reminding me. Yep i changed my tactics to suit the team which helped them to improve a lot. I'm hearing a lot about conceding from corners and even though i concede some i still defend quite a lot. Admittedly it can be a lot of frantic button pressing but they can be defended.

What i can't understand is if people don't like it then why play it?

Anyway kinda back to my ML. I was hoping to upload some brief highlights from our game at home to Wolves but taking a while at the moment. I'll see how it goes. Have not had much time to play today. Hopefully tomorrow.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a good GK in the January transfer window because our one is letting in quite a few.

Thanks for reminding me. Yep i changed my tactics to suit the team which helped them to improve a lot. I'm hearing a lot about conceding from corners and even though i concede some i still defend quite a lot. Admittedly it can be a lot of frantic button pressing but they can be defended.

What i can't understand is if people don't like it then why play it?

Anyway kinda back to my ML. I was hoping to upload some brief highlights from our game at home to Wolves but taking a while at the moment. I'll see how it goes. Have not had much time to play today. Hopefully tomorrow.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a good GK in the January transfer window because our one is letting in quite a few.

I'm the same Geeee I had two matches saved but took me ages to edit them . ..it will have to be tomorrow before I youtube them. . .I noticed sometimes if you press share twice at the start of the second half . .it comes up as recording but it switches off sometimes and you can lose footage that you thought you'd saved . .. the youtube editor is better than share factory. . . only thing is they keep saying to press the publish button on the tutorial vids. ..it's not on mine wtf?

The great thing about this game is that all it takes is a bit of imagination mixed with common sense and you will enjoy it.

I'm the same Geeee I had two matches saved but took me ages to edit them . ..it will have to be tomorrow before I youtube them. . .I noticed sometimes if you press share twice at the start of the second half . .it comes up as recording but it switches off sometimes and you can lose footage that you thought you'd saved . .. the youtube editor is better than share factory. . . only thing is they keep saying to press the publish button on the tutorial vids. ..it's not on mine wtf?

The great thing about this game is that all it takes is a bit of imagination mixed with common sense and you will enjoy it.
hear hear

3rd game in my Serie A campaign.
Not gonna dress this one up.
Lost the fucking game 1-0
Got caught snoozing in the 2nd minute and they scored on me,had a few good chances,but nope lost it.
Wish I had saved Sanes tearing of their defence on pure speed,he's quick,quite contrary to what other threads says,you can beat def with pace.

Enjoy?

Last edited:
3rd game in my Serie A campaign.
Not gonna dress this one up.
Lost the fucking game 1-0
Got caught snoozing the n the 2nd minute and they scored on me,had a few good chances,but nope lost it.
Wish I had saved Sanes tearing of their defence on pure speed,he's quick,quite contrary to what other threads says,you can beat def with pace.

Enjoy?

You should have drawn that game at the least. . .if Sane's shots swerved in instead of out you could have won it .. . .I need to go back into training mode.

You should have drawn that game at the least. . .if Sane's shots swerved in instead of out you could have won it .. . .I need to go back into training mode.
Palermo is a team that is on the move up,hard team,think their three man MF is 77-78 ovr.
Always shit losing at home,but have been playing statically of late,need to mix it,same here,need some training
Sane is gonna tear shit up,holy crap he's fast

First Champions League game.

Home to Basel for my first CL game.
Last two games my scoring has been off.
But gave Bacca and Suso the nod before the game,Suso has been good early on this season.
Basel turned out to be "park all the fucking buses you can find" type of team.
I threw everything at them for 90 minutes,and didn't score,for 90 minutes that is...

Olimpo dream

I will be facing the league leaders on their home pitch soon. Because the rest of the house is still sound asleep, I have to postpone kickoff. But I can plan.

Them being leaders might well mean that their TS is a good 50% higher than ours. With higher stats to begin with, this may turn into one of those legendary cases of 8-0.

So what can I try? I don't think I can go offensive: they'd pierce my team every time I lost possession. In the leagues I played I sometimes tried to go extra defensive by swarming the box. That didn't go well: the opposition would get a huge number of chances to put the ball into the box - they would win most of them because of their stat advantage, and you can guess the rest.

My plan is to try to make this a midfield battle. To do this I will
  • take ultra defensive attitude
  • increase the height of my defensive line (try to deny buildup space)
  • tightly mark their most dangerous attacker
  • use a DMF to babysit their second most dangerous offensive player
  • use 'counter target' tactics to entertain the idea of scoring.

With my star player injured, I will introduce a youth academy CF in starting XI. If no other good will result from this match, he might break.

The story will unravel soon.

Back
Top Bottom