The Master League adventures thread

That through ball in your first game,brilliant!
I have really learned to appreciate some of the runs the AI makes. Sometimes you need to launch them yourself, but it feels so much more organic with teammates doing their own runs.

Which Leauge do you use as second league,or is it just one division in your ML?
Sorry, I don't understand what this means. So I guess the answer is then just one division?

I have really learned to appreciate some of the runs the AI makes. Sometimes you need to launch them yourself, but it feels so much more organic with teammates doing their own runs.

Sorry, I don't understand what this means. So I guess the answer is then just one division?
When you play serie A,La liga,premier league,Ligue un,you always have a second league,Serie B etc,so if thing go bad you can get relegated.
So one division only then?
In the old PES games,up to 13 I think,it had just one D2 league,that you could edit in to whatever second league you wanted

It's the little things that I love about Master league. .. .in the last hour of the transfer window I remembered a Chilean forward who served me well in former Pes games. . . .M Zambrano. ..so I searched for him and saw that he was 30 and rated at 70. . . and he was around a million . . .so I put in a bid and signed him.
Our next game was against Trapani in the first leg of the Tim cup. A decent match with Petagna my main center forward missing 5 half chances. So I decided to give Zambrano a run out during the second half in place of Petagna. . . . .the match was locked in stalemate with not many chances at this stage. . . . the old man of the team still had a good touch and knew where the goal was. . . .and duly obliged on his debut. . .the goal is nothing special but he grabbed the winner when nobody else could find a way through. 1-0 going into the second leg.

It's the little things that I love about Master league. .. .in the last hour of the transfer window I remembered a Chilean forward who served me well in former Pes games. . . .M Zambrano. ..so I searched for him and saw that he was 30 and rated at 70. . . and he was around a million . . .so I put in a bid and signed him.
Our next game was against Trapani in the first leg of the Tim cup. A decent match with Petagna my main center forward missing 5 half chances. So I decided to give Zambrano a run out during the second half in place of Petagna. . . . .the match was locked in stalemate with not many chances at this stage. . . . the old man of the team still had a good touch and knew where the goal was. . . .and duly obliged on his debut. . .the goal is nothing special but he grabbed the winner when nobody else could find a way through. 1-0 going into the second leg.

It's a great finish,under the keeper.
I was waiting for you to put it up here,acctually already seen on YouTube when I was there looking at other clips.
Nice one

It's a great finish,under the keeper.
I was waiting for you to put it up here,acctually already seen on YouTube when I was there looking at other clips.
Nice one

Jaysus Rock are you stalking me or something? lol . . . I went on youtube to have a look and somebody had already liked it. . . .I put it up because of the story behind it ..y'know . .. .. . the old has been bought cheap shows them how it's done routine.

Third game.
Udinese away,always hard fought.
First half was a nightmare for my offensive guys,theirs as well I guess.
Midfield battle for 45 minutes,one shot each,both not at goal.
I played with a few reserves in this game,but my reserves on at least 4-5 position was my starters last year,so very good players.

2nd half,still a tight Udinese,but decided to play a bit more direct down the wings,and in the 55th I crossed in the box and my striker headed it low for 1-0
Scored soon after again.
Got that for you further down,pretty pleased with that one.
Then late in the second I finished them of with a long ball up to Niang who had a 1vs1 and made it 3-0.
Second half should have been stopped by the ref,total domination.
Good win.
Guess I'll get all the bad momentum up the shitter for my next game instead.

Enjoy

Third game.
Udinese away,always hard fought.
First half was a nightmare for my offensive guys,theirs as well I guess.
Midfield battle for 45 minutes,one shot each,both not at goal.
I played with a few reserves in this game,but my reserves on at least 4-5 position was my starters last year,so very good players.

2nd half,still a tight Udinese,but decided to play a bit more direct down the wings,and in the 55th I crossed in the box and my striker headed it low for 1-0
Scored soon after again.
Got that for you further down,pretty pleased with that one.
Then late in the second I finished them of with a long ball up to Niang who had a 1vs1 and made it 3-0.
Second half should have been stopped by the ref,total domination.
Good win.
Guess I'll get all the bad momentum up the shitter for my next game instead.

Enjoy

You're doing well buddy. . .I'm way behind you. . I noticed one thing tonight .. . that my team weren't putting in a shift. .. ... so I adjusted from possession to counter attack and conservative to aggressive and it made a huge difference . . more urgency about them. Poor oul' Mal Young .. what a way to turn out. .. brilliant riffer. . best around!

You're doing well buddy. . .I'm way behind you. . I noticed one thing tonight .. . that my team weren't putting in a shift. .. ... so I adjusted from possession to counter attack and conservative to aggressive and it made a huge difference . . more urgency about them. Poor oul' Mal Young .. what a way to turn out. .. brilliant riffer. . best around!
Yes,that's the beauty of this game,it's so deep.
That's why I sometimes get a bit tired when people whine that "the game is making me lose,scripted,it's all the games fault" you know,you'd probably seen posts like that.
A few tweaks,a bit of knowledge of your players,some experimenting,and get there for the long run,then this game has it all.
Still blown away when I play it,sometimes I'd like to start over again with a smaller side,might do that later on,count these two season somehow,maybe in the infamous notebook of mine:)

Malcolm,yeah,horrible stuff.
I have him on my top three guitar players,such a great rhythm guitarist,once you've played for a while yourself,the flash of solo guitarists fades away,and you'd really understand how good he is.
Still love the albums up til Bon Scott's departure,great albums

Yes,that's the beauty of this game,it's so deep.
That's why I sometimes get a bit tired when people whine that "the game is making me lose,scripted,it's all the games fault" you know,you'd probably seen posts like that.
A few tweaks,a bit of knowledge of your players,some experimenting,and get there for the long run,then this game has it all.
Still blown away when I play it,sometimes I'd like to start over again with a smaller side,might do that later on,count these two season somehow,maybe in the infamous notebook of mine:)

Malcolm,yeah,horrible stuff.
I have him on my top three guitar players,such a great rhythm guitarist,once you've played for a while yourself,the flash of solo guitarists fades away,and you'd really understand how good he is.
Still love the albums up til Bon Scott's departure,great albums

I play myself as well. . .love the lads Bon was brilliant. . .. always listen to Powerage . . .I actually was listening to touch too much from HTH about 5 times before I came online. . . .I love Brian as well though Back in Black superb album.

Hope you start a small side when you finish filling the trophy room.

I play myself as well. . .love the lads Bon was brilliant. . .. always listen to Powerage . . .I actually was listening to touch too much from HTH about 5 times before I came online. . . .I love Brian as well though Back in Black superb album.

Hope you start a small side when you finish filling the trophy room.
Ha ha,yeah,might do that.
I somehow always return to Torino,not exactly a "small" team,but smaller than Milan.
Got dirty deeds as my fav album,and the bonfire album,especially the "live at Atlantic"
Raw and brilliant.
One song that they never (to my knowledge) played live was "ain't no fun" from dirty deeds,brilliant song,one chord,in D.

Ha ha,yeah,might do that.
I somehow always return to Torino,not exactly a "small" team,but smaller than Milan.
Got dirty deeds as my fav album,and the bonfire album,especially the "live at Atlantic"
Raw and brilliant.
One song that they never (to my knowledge) played live was "ain't no fun" from dirty deeds,brilliant song,one chord,in D.

I know all their stuff. . .I'm buying their records since the 197O's . .saw them a few times with Brian .. .one quick story Rock before I go asleep ... .I'm still gutted to this day. . .they were playing in Dublin in August 1979 with Bon and we tried to get tickets but we were only kids 14 ,15 and they wouldn't give them to us . .we didn't realise it would be the last and only time to see Bon. . . to make matters worse my Brother had copies of photos from the concert as he worked in a development lab and I lost them when I moved house.

When you play serie A,La liga,premier league,Ligue un,you always have a second league,Serie B etc,so if thing go bad you can get relegated.
So one division only then?
In the old PES games,up to 13 I think,it had just one D2 league,that you could edit in to whatever second league you wanted
Now that would have been a great idea: to edit in the pressure, sorrow and joy of relegation and promotion if it's not already there. Because I don't think it's there by default, Primera B Nacional, the second tier division. No, not there:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/license/

Darn. Can it be added on the fly? Or would I need to restart?

Maybe there will be an option file with Primera B later. Maybe there already is, although I couldn't find one with a couple of searches.

Now that would have been a great idea: to edit in the pressure, sorrow and joy of relegation and promotion if it's not already there. Because I don't think it's there by default, Primera B Nacional, the second tier division. No, not there:

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/license/

Darn. Can it be added on the fly? Or would I need to restart?

Maybe there will be an option file with Primera B later. Maybe there already is, although I couldn't find one with a couple of searches.
Should be able to edit it on the fly, don't know which league you'd use though?
Arg/Bra/Dutch league is without a 2nd division,don't know if you can use the PEU league for it

Should be able to edit it on the fly, don't know which league you'd use though?
Arg/Bra/Dutch league is without a 2nd division,don't know if you can use the PEU league for it

It depends if one has chosen the option of using fake leagues at the start of the master league.
If not, then a restart is needed. If yes, then all edits will be there on the fly.

It depends if one has chosen the option of using fake leagues at the start of the master league.
If not, then a restart is needed. If yes, then all edits will be there on the fly.
And of course I chose not to use them because I didn't see the point.

Well, I wouldn't have Primera B squads anyway yet. Some people seem to be working on them, though, or at the minimum there is interest:

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=525

So to restart or not...

And of course I chose not to use them because I didn't see the point.

Well, I wouldn't have Primera B squads anyway yet. Some people seem to be working on them, though, or at the minimum there is interest:

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=525

So to restart or not...

This is why I'm holding off on getting mine started in all honesty. Just waiting for option files etc to be error/duplicate free so I can get my teeth into a ML without having to worry about a new update coming out forcing me to restart.

I´m on Xbox, and I gotta say, I love the fact that I can´t even bother with patches lol. I would like to have the option, but since I don´t, I don´t think too much about it and just enjoy it that way eheh. Changed the fake names manually though, but that was just a couple hours of work.

This is why I'm holding off on getting mine started in all honesty. Just waiting for option files etc to be error/duplicate free so I can get my teeth into a ML without having to worry about a new update coming out forcing me to restart.
I thought about the possibility of restart for a moment and then decided no.
  • I have too much invested in this already (even though I missed a large number of opportunities in first transfer window).
  • I will probably be done with first season before Primera B squads are out, so would be relegated before having squads.
  • I can set my higher target to be South American CL or whatever it is there.
  • When I start missing relegation/promotion battles, I can take a managerial position in another league.
So business continues as usual.

no idea why konami took out the training kits the textures still look perfect in game i guess not many people have much use for them but i like to save my ML team data pre season and practice with them in training before I play the first game a pre season of sorts since there are no friendlies maybe a game vs a J League team behind closed doors fouls set to off and break them in half

trai_Untitled.png

but i like to save my ML team data pre season and practice with them in training before I play the first game a pre season of sorts since there are no friendlies maybe a game vs a J League team behind closed doors fouls set to off and break them in half
Sounds like an excellent idea. Wait... how is this done? Do you play a vs. COM with your team? And you save the team in... game plan view or somewhere else?

I know all their stuff. . .I'm buying their records since the 197O's . .saw them a few times with Brian .. .one quick story Rock before I go asleep ... .I'm still gutted to this day. . .they were playing in Dublin in August 1979 with Bon and we tried to get tickets but we were only kids 14 ,15 and they wouldn't give them to us . .we didn't realise it would be the last and only time to see Bon. . . to make matters worse my Brother had copies of photos from the concert as he worked in a development lab and I lost them when I moved house.
That's heartbreaking,man,must be gutted.
No chances of getting any new ones from the film roll, or that's gone to I reckon.
Some stuff lives on,years and years down the line

I´m on Xbox, and I gotta say, I love the fact that I can´t even bother with patches lol. I would like to have the option, but since I don´t, I don´t think too much about it and just enjoy it that way eheh. Changed the fake names manually though, but that was just a couple hours of work.
Same here,would love to have the badges though

That's heartbreaking,man,must be gutted.
No chances of getting any new ones from the film roll, or that's gone to I reckon.
Some stuff lives on,years and years down the line

Nah all gone Rock .. . heard the concert was brill . .it was in a very intimate venue. . .a life full of regrets that's me.

I hate playing Master League, the stadiums, weather and winter season are so annoying.
I wish there is an option to set all games played in summer and fine weather. Not realistic but I prefer like that.

After 10 fixtures in the Serie B, these are the standings:
IMG_3541.jpg

LaVolpe's Hellas has taken the 1st place after a dubious start of the season.

Last game against Carpi (then leaders) was an intense affair, the only goal of the match was by captain Pazzini who has had a great season

So far Hellas have slowly improved their teamwork (going from 50 to 62 TS in 12 games), and are currently in good shape and with high morale.
Both Quintero and Maher have been the brains for the team, even if Maher was injured and will miss almost the rest of the year (back in Dec after 12 week injury), definitely the backline has improved in the last 4 or 5 games.

In the 1st round of TIM Cup we faced Sampdoria who were tough as nails, we managed to win 1st leg 1-0 from a counter and the second leg we lost away 2-1 (again scoring from a counter). The final 15-20 minutes were hell as we were clearing and hoofing the ball.. amazing feeling!
We're through and now we're facing Napoli after winter break for the Cup 2nd round, that will be an impossible even tougher test for Lavolpe's pupils.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom