The Master League adventures thread

3rd game in my Serie A campaign.
Not gonna dress this one up.
Lost the fucking game 1-0
Got caught snoozing in the 2nd minute and they scored on me,had a few good chances,but nope lost it.
Wish I had saved Sanes tearing of their defence on pure speed,he's quick,quite contrary to what other threads says,you can beat def with pace.

Enjoy?
Their GK with OVR 61 had a stellar moment there. Tough.

Thanks for the starting XI. That looks like a very balanced team, with solid offensive punch having two guys on top. And I see Mertens made the captain already. He's one energetic critter for sure.

Are the two midfielders CMFs or DMFs when in/out of possession?

Last edited:
First Champions League game.

Home to Basel for my first CL game.
Last two games my scoring has been off.
But gave Bacca and Suso the nod before the game,Suso has been good early on this season.
Basel turned out to be "park all the fucking buses you can find" type of team.
I threw everything at them for 90 minutes,and didn't score,for 90 minutes that is...

Absolute domination and a great goal on top. :TU:

Edit. evo-web has gotten slow and sticky during the past week or so.

I'm the same Geeee I had two matches saved but took me ages to edit them . ..it will have to be tomorrow before I youtube them. . .I noticed sometimes if you press share twice at the start of the second half . .it comes up as recording but it switches off sometimes and you can lose footage that you thought you'd saved . .. the youtube editor is better than share factory. . . only thing is they keep saying to press the publish button on the tutorial vids. ..it's not on mine wtf?

The great thing about this game is that all it takes is a bit of imagination mixed with common sense and you will enjoy it.

The share button can be a bit inconsistent. That is why I record the whole match in one go and edit it later. Even me making changes is all recorded. Since I've been doing that it has recorded perfectly each time. If you decide to do that just make sure you have it set for 60mins recording time ;)

Also with Youtube. I think if your video are already set to Public, then you don't have to press the publish button so it probably doesn't appear. Only if your videos are set to private.

When I upload my videos from the PS4 it gives the option for Public, linked (I think), and private. Public is the default setting. I normally change it to Private now because I don't want you guys seeing the final score until you have watched the video.

Hope that makes sense cos I'm completely confused with what I wrote :P

The share button can be a bit inconsistent. That is why I record the whole match in one go and edit it later. Even me making changes is all recorded. Since I've been doing that it has recorded perfectly each time. If you decide to do that just make sure you have it set for 60mins recording time ;)

Also with Youtube. I think if your video are already set to Public, then you don't have to press the publish button so it probably doesn't appear. Only if your videos are set to private.

When I upload my videos from the PS4 it gives the option for Public, linked (I think), and private. Public is the default setting. I normally change it to Private now because I don't want you guys seeing the final score until you have watched the video.

Hope that makes sense cos I'm completely confused with what I wrote :P

Thanks Geeee.. . . I'm gonna change mine as well. . .you made perfect sense bud.

I love this game. It is brilliant.

Finally finished my second ML season in Italy, finished 3rd in Serie A after the most dreadful start. Players slowly all becoming mid-late 70's, and I'm consistently scoring 3-4 goals a game on manual shooting, but concede far, far too many.

Made the decision to sell my 25 year old starting DM for 4 mil as he's rated at 71, so not much more growth I feel. Going to buy a quality DM, and cover left back as I'll have CL. Picked up regen D'Allesandro and Cassano, to give options but prob got too many CF/SS's now.

Emre Mor who I signed is developing nicely, but not quite ready to start each game, and Arcas and Coutinho up front are incredible. Axel Tuanzebe I signed from United a year ago is a beast at the back.

First Champions League game.

Home to Basel for my first CL game.
Last two games my scoring has been off.
But gave Bacca and Suso the nod before the game,Suso has been good early on this season.
Basel turned out to be "park all the fucking buses you can find" type of team.
I threw everything at them for 90 minutes,and didn't score,for 90 minutes that is...

Lovely goal Rock. . . .Basel's keeper must have got man of the match.

Ok a Quick mish mash of a patched clip. .sorry guys the share button is stopping recording of it's own accord some of the time . . I had to patch in a piece of a highlight to show a goal. Some goals are missing.

Cagliari v Lazio Tim cup 2 legs

Brief highlights of both.

Might get a good cup run.

Absolute domination and a great goal on top. :TU:

Edit. evo-web has gotten slow and sticky during the past week or so.

That was a close one! Park the Bus teams are very hard to beat sometimes, so that´s a nice thing you got 3 important points to start the CL.

Started the second season myself, and got a couple transfers in. Wijnaldum is still looking for his place but we can tell already is going to help us on the left side. Brought in Pau Lopes, GK (so far so good) on a loan deal. Finally could decide on a DM to really improve my midfield: Danilo, 21 years old, playing for SL Benfica. Young, very good, had to buy it. It was a great investment, as he´s dominating my matches. And still lots of room to grow. Greatest deal, and he´s mine!

Meanwhile, before all these deals where made, first matches were played.

Burnley away match. Didn´t feel quite confindent I guess, and Burnley had more chances, better than us too. They could have won but their finishing was quite there yet. We got a 0-0 draw.

Then, away against Fulham. Pretty hard team and we knew it. Still started the match thinking in a good result, but Fulham came with everything on us, and a 5 mins, a nice through pass in our box, goal... good thing he was offside! But they kept trying hard, creating lots of chances, and our defence wasn´t still playing that good to stop them. 67 mins and we couldn´t hold them anymore, Jozabed saw an opening from the midfield and assists Smith for a one on one with the GK. 1-0. 79 mins gone, and from a corner Hall deflects the ball to the midifeld, powerfull shot deflected again by the keeper, and Johansen, tight angle but easy goal, 2-0. We had our half chances from crosses, but as always our finishing was poor.

Home vs Sheffield, changed a couple things. AM was move higher to a more attacking position, leaving the DM alone at defensive midifield, but it worked quite well. Danilo arrived and started this match, boy what a diference! This kid is great! Recovers really fast, strong in the air, pretty much covers all the defensive mid and once he gets close, it´s quite hard to get past him. Wonderfull signing! Sheffield started better though, an early goal from an unexpected header by Reach. Nobody moved as it seemed the ball was lost already. 0-1. We were playing better through the whole match, Wijnaldum, Lobato and Chery having their chances, but the lack of cold blood was getting evident. 55 mins, Lobato steals the ball on their midifield, runs to the box and shoots, GK parries it and Chery finds the net on an easy goal. 1-1
We attacked more and more, and at 64 mins, Chery assists Lobato in the box, to a good easy shot beating the GK, who was caught on the wrong foot. 2-1, final result.

Away vs Cardiff - what a tough match, opponents came with everything on us! They made us play fast, no time to think here! 10 mins, Lobato is far from the target with the ball, lobs it hard to the box and Polter heads it in! Beatifull moment, 0-1. Polter has made a comeback, he´s turning really important for these long balls when nothing else works.
Niellendner has shown great improvement, and plays instead of Chery. Had a great chances, including one on post, tough luck. We were totally dominating, shots from everywhere, headers etc, and at 56 mins, on a corner for Cardiff, Kennedy doesn´t hold the ball well, but that error tricks our defense and he wons a clear chance on goal: 1-1.
Usual stuff from here on, tried everything but nothing really worked. Our posession was 56% and we had 13 shots against 2 from Cardiff... Hard match, but we should have won.

Away vs Wigan - Boring match here, not much to talk about except the fact that we are playing really nice football, The way we are breaking defensive lines is just beautifull, with Niellendner, Wijnaldum, Bagkoto and Lobato on the front dancing together in synthony... Despite that, both teams had little chances and it ended with a 0-0.

Next match is the opening FA cup, against Birmingham.

Ok a Quick mish mash of a patched clip. .sorry guys the share button is stopping recording of it's own accord some of the time . . I had to patch in a piece of a highlight to show a goal. Some goals are missing.

Great highlights! Seems the team is getting there, good stuff!

Their GK with OVR 61 had a stellar moment there. Tough.

Thanks for the starting XI. That looks like a very balanced team, with solid offensive punch having two guys on top. And I see Mertens made the captain already. He's one energetic critter for sure.

Are the two midfielders CMFs or DMFs when in/out of possession?
I usually set one as DMF when out,both are CMF when in,I have a 4-2-3-1 as a defensive counter attack which I switch on when leading and want to secure a result

Olimpo dream

I will be facing the league leaders on their home pitch soon. Because the rest of the house is still sound asleep, I have to postpone kickoff. But I can plan.

Them being leaders might well mean that their TS is a good 50% higher than ours. With higher stats to begin with, this may turn into one of those legendary cases of 8-0.

So what can I try? I don't think I can go offensive: they'd pierce my team every time I lost possession. In the leagues I played I sometimes tried to go extra defensive by swarming the box. That didn't go well: the opposition would get a huge number of chances to put the ball into the box - they would win most of them because of their stat advantage, and you can guess the rest.

My plan is to try to make this a midfield battle. To do this I will
  • take ultra defensive attitude
  • increase the height of my defensive line (try to deny buildup space)
  • tightly mark their most dangerous attacker
  • use a DMF to babysit their second most dangerous offensive player
  • use 'counter target' tactics to entertain the idea of scoring.

With my star player injured, I will introduce a youth academy CF in starting XI. If no other good will result from this match, he might break.

The story will unravel soon.
I used to plan every game on 16,study my opponents and so on,have to start do that again,especially the weaker sides which proved being tough to break down

That was a close one! Park the Bus teams are very hard to beat sometimes, so that´s a nice thing you got 3 important points to start the CL.

Started the second season myself, and got a couple transfers in. Wijnaldum is still looking for his place but we can tell already is going to help us on the left side. Brought in Pau Lopes, GK (so far so good) on a loan deal. Finally could decide on a DM to really improve my midfield: Danilo, 21 years old, playing for SL Benfica. Young, very good, had to buy it. It was a great investment, as he´s dominating my matches. And still lots of room to grow. Greatest deal, and he´s mine!

Meanwhile, before all these deals where made, first matches were played.

Burnley away match. Didn´t feel quite confindent I guess, and Burnley had more chances, better than us too. They could have won but their finishing was quite there yet. We got a 0-0 draw.

Then, away against Fulham. Pretty hard team and we knew it. Still started the match thinking in a good result, but Fulham came with everything on us, and a 5 mins, a nice through pass in our box, goal... good thing he was offside! But they kept trying hard, creating lots of chances, and our defence wasn´t still playing that good to stop them. 67 mins and we couldn´t hold them anymore, Jozabed saw an opening from the midfield and assists Smith for a one on one with the GK. 1-0. 79 mins gone, and from a corner Hall deflects the ball to the midifeld, powerfull shot deflected again by the keeper, and Johansen, tight angle but easy goal, 2-0. We had our half chances from crosses, but as always our finishing was poor.

Home vs Sheffield, changed a couple things. AM was move higher to a more attacking position, leaving the DM alone at defensive midifield, but it worked quite well. Danilo arrived and started this match, boy what a diference! This kid is great! Recovers really fast, strong in the air, pretty much covers all the defensive mid and once he gets close, it´s quite hard to get past him. Wonderfull signing! Sheffield started better though, an early goal from an unexpected header by Reach. Nobody moved as it seemed the ball was lost already. 0-1. We were playing better through the whole match, Wijnaldum, Lobato and Chery having their chances, but the lack of cold blood was getting evident. 55 mins, Lobato steals the ball on their midifield, runs to the box and shoots, GK parries it and Chery finds the net on an easy goal. 1-1
We attacked more and more, and at 64 mins, Chery assists Lobato in the box, to a good easy shot beating the GK, who was caught on the wrong foot. 2-1, final result.

Away vs Cardiff - what a tough match, opponents came with everything on us! They made us play fast, no time to think here! 10 mins, Lobato is far from the target with the ball, lobs it hard to the box and Polter heads it in! Beatifull moment, 0-1. Polter has made a comeback, he´s turning really important for these long balls when nothing else works.
Niellendner has shown great improvement, and plays instead of Chery. Had a great chances, including one on post, tough luck. We were totally dominating, shots from everywhere, headers etc, and at 56 mins, on a corner for Cardiff, Kennedy doesn´t hold the ball well, but that error tricks our defense and he wons a clear chance on goal: 1-1.
Usual stuff from here on, tried everything but nothing really worked. Our posession was 56% and we had 13 shots against 2 from Cardiff... Hard match, but we should have won.

Away vs Wigan - Boring match here, not much to talk about except the fact that we are playing really nice football, The way we are breaking defensive lines is just beautifull, with Niellendner, Wijnaldum, Bagkoto and Lobato on the front dancing together in synthony... Despite that, both teams had little chances and it ended with a 0-0.

Next match is the opening FA cup, against Birmingham.
That's an OK run for you,not conceding that much,and getting points,well done

Luvly Dec,your first one vs Lazio is a real beauty.
And eliminating those bastards,very well done.
A good cup run and promotion perhaps?

Luvly Dec,your first one vs Lazio is a real beauty.
And eliminating those bastards,very well done.
A good cup run and promotion perhaps?

Some of the best bits of the matches didn't get saved . .. . a cup run and a playoff place would do me Rock . . .I'm not a greedy man . .I just want to play the "beautiful game".

Some of the best bits of the matches didn't get saved . .. . a cup run and a playoff place would do me Rock . . .I'm not a greedy man . .I just want to play the "beautiful game".
I hear you,think you'll get there.
Or "the scripted bullshit piece of shit game" as some may see it

That's an OK run for you,not conceding that much,and getting points,well done

Yes not bad, considering ow I started last season. It´s quite good actually, I played most of the games away, against Fulham and one of my rivals already. Tough matches so the results are actually pretty good. Still on TP and I think I may have a run on promotion this year eheh.

Yes not bad, considering ow I started last season. It´s quite good actually, I played most of the games away, against Fulham and one of my rivals already. Tough matches so the results are actually pretty good. Still on TP and I think I may have a run on promotion this year eheh.
Nice,yeah I'm staying put on TP aswell.
Hope you make it

Don't think I'll be playing any games today,way to busy,and the game I have next is the big one.
My derby vs Inter.
Think I'll hold on til tmw.
Maybe...

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
May - The Pain is over!
Its finally over, a long hard and arduous campaign for Real Valladolid came to a climax in familiar fashion. Once again the results wouldn't tell the whole story, but football is a results business and a season that culminates in 8 wins from a possible 42 games is not something to be proud of.

May would begin with a bitter 3-0 loss to Almeria, as the playoff chasers made sure of their chance of returning to La Liga with a confident win. Valladolid would end their home fixtures with back to back outings, first a goalless draw with Cordoba and then a 1-0 win over title chasing Getafe.

latgoal_zpseo6v1vrg.png

Infact that victory over the Madrid based side would end their automatic promotion hopes, sending Levante and Rayo Vallecano to La Liga and condemning Getafe to the lottery of the playoffs.

giron_zpsath31sws.png

Finally the team would lose a thriller in Girona. Going 3 down early on would normally spark a collapse, however Valladolid would rally and can feel unlucky at the eventual 3-2 loss to finish their season.

All that means is the team finish in 20th place a far cry from the promotion challenge they had expected and a lot of work will be needed to turn the team around ready for next season.
May Results:
(A) 0-3 Almeria
(H) 0-0 Cordoba
(H) 1-0 Getafe (Bruno Mendes)
(A) 2-3 Girona (Ryan Mendes), (Alex)

Final Standings:
finaltab_zps5y0txq42.png

Real Valladolid

(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

The World According to PES
wordpls_zpseksszetk.png

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on match: Racing Club - Olimpo
Condition going in (latest first): LLDDD (IIRC)
Team spirit going in: 56

Summary

The-Benefits-of-Hard-Work.jpg

It's a hard days work.

So we played the way we said we would:
  • ultra defensive attitude
  • increased the height of our defensive line (try to deny buildup space by compressing midfield)
  • tightly marked their most dangerous attacker (to block runs through high defensive line)
  • used a DMF to babysit their second most dangerous offensive player (same reason as above)
  • used 'counter target' tactics to entertain the idea of scoring.

And it worked along the lines we had hoped for: the CPU had a hard time building up. It was difficult for them to build up fast because it's so crowded. At 64' shots were 3(2)-3(2). And this was away against league leader.

But... two issues.
  • This worked only as long as we had the guts to play ball, that is, keep possession. After 64' we were pretty tired of doing this (see below) and started to clear rather than keep the ball. And the CPU immediately had some really dangerous chances which, fortunately, were saved by our keeper. When the ball is cleared, and the CPU gets it in midfield, with players in their offensive third, then they can build up fast.
  • It is a lot of work, and probably does not fit everyone's idea of fun. The team is defending for their lives most of the time. Because the mode is ultra defensive, and the opposition is stronger, building up is laborious after you gain possession. Our AMF Gallarjo was the key player here: as long as he avoided physical contact, most CPU players simply couldn't take the ball from him (high speed and dribbling stats) especially during horizontal runs with the ball. But teammates won't make many runs, and if they do (independently or when launched) it feels like a risk. And with the opposition having higher stats/TS, most important buildup passes are quite risky.

On the other hand it is pretty realistic: if a team packs the midfield and marks runs of key attackers, the opposition is going to have a hard time. I have to experiment more and think about what this means.

End result was 0-0, shots 8-4 in their favor. At the moment this feels like a significant tactical experiment with unknown consequences.

Little update on our latest matches...

Birmingham - QPR (FA Cup)
This was the best start ever, scoring on the first chance, with a magnificent assist from Polter. Polter is really enjoying playing with this tactic, he shows up on almost every chance, very active. Birmingham kept on playing defensive style, so we kept attacking, and at 55 mins, Polter makes a wonderfull job, surrounded by defenders he dribles them and swerves the ball out of GK´s range. Great move! Birmingham tried to move up the pitch, and we had to defend deeper, wich resulted on some chances, but Pau Lopes was great and saved us at least once from a very dangerous header.

So we go through the next round, were we will face Arsenal! Hopes aren´t much, but we do want to see how far can we go playing with such an opponent!

Little update on our latest matches...

Birmingham - QPR (FA Cup)
This was the best start ever, scoring on the first chance, with a magnificent assist from Polter. Polter is really enjoying playing with this tactic, he shows up on almost every chance, very active. Birmingham kept on playing defensive style, so we kept attacking, and at 55 mins, Polter makes a wonderfull job, surrounded by defenders he dribles them and swerves the ball out of GK´s range. Great move! Birmingham tried to move up the pitch, and we had to defend deeper, wich resulted on some chances, but Pau Lopes was great and saved us at least once from a very dangerous header.

So we go through the next round, were we will face Arsenal! Hopes aren´t much, but we do want to see how far can we go playing with such an opponent!
Great result,and Polter,Geeeeee's old sweetheart keeps delivering

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on match: Racing Club - Olimpo
Condition going in (latest first): LLDDD (IIRC)
Team spirit going in: 56

Summary

The-Benefits-of-Hard-Work.jpg

It's a hard days work.

So we played the way we said we would:
  • ultra defensive attitude
  • increased the height of our defensive line (try to deny buildup space by compressing midfield)
  • tightly marked their most dangerous attacker (to block runs through high defensive line)
  • used a DMF to babysit their second most dangerous offensive player (same reason as above)
  • used 'counter target' tactics to entertain the idea of scoring.

And it worked along the lines we had hoped for: the CPU had a hard time building up. It was difficult for them to build up fast because it's so crowded. At 64' shots were 3(2)-3(2). And this was away against league leader.

But... two issues.
  • This worked only as long as we had the guts to play ball, that is, keep possession. After 64' we were pretty tired of doing this (see below) and started to clear rather than keep the ball. And the CPU immediately had some really dangerous chances which, fortunately, were saved by our keeper. When the ball is cleared, and the CPU gets it in midfield, with players in their offensive third, then they can build up fast.
  • It is a lot of work, and probably does not fit everyone's idea of fun. The team is defending for their lives most of the time. Because the mode is ultra defensive, and the opposition is stronger, building up is laborious after you gain possession. Our AMF Gallarjo was the key player here: as long as he avoided physical contact, most CPU players simply couldn't take the ball from him (high speed and dribbling stats) especially during horizontal runs with the ball. But teammates won't make many runs, and if they do (independently or when launched) it feels like a risk. And with the opposition having higher stats/TS, most important buildup passes are quite risky.

On the other hand it is pretty realistic: if a team packs the midfield and marks runs of key attackers, the opposition is going to have a hard time. I have to experiment more and think about what this means.

End result was 0-0, shots 8-4 in their favor. At the moment this feels like a significant tactical experiment with unknown consequences.
Well done,and great that your experimenting with different tactics and how to explore them.
That's the downside of having a very good team,not always worth doing because you can often beat teams on players individual skills.
Well done

Real Valladolid

Pre Season Wrap

Pre-season the time that clubs and their fans are full of hope, wonder and excitement about the upcoming season. For Valladolid those hopes may well be 'Valid'olid' as the team spent heavily in recruiting new faces, overhauling the squad that slumped to just 8 wins and 20th place in La Liga 2.

The most notable deal of the summer saw the team outlay a club record €11.5M for veteran Spanish marksman Roberto Soldado. Soldado was surplus to requirements at Villareal, so taking a gamble, Valladolid made an offer and were able to get their man, albeit at a premium for a 32 year old.

sold_zpsmfb5l5hg.png

Adding to that deal would see the team also spend €3.5M on Gimnastic defender Gerard Valentin, whilst nominal fees secured the signings of Reyna (Salzburg) and Sandler (Zwolle) on a permanent basis.

With Ryan Mendes and Jose Naranjo returning to their parent clubs, Valladolid had room for a couple of loan signings, managing to add hot prospect Andre Moreira from Atletico Madrid. The 21 year old is one of the best young keepers in Spain and will be a sound addition to the squad. The 2nd loan saw Honduran Andy Najar leave Belgium and Anderlecht, to give it a shot in Spanish football.

Although the Valladolid board made funds available for this transfer window, a fair chunk was paid for by sales of the existing squad. Notably Michel would leave for €3M to China, whilst a shock move to rivals Numancia was lined up for Bruno Mendes, as the fans favourite found himself out of options.

Other moves saw Arnaiz, Jordan, Lichnovsky and Moyano all leave the club as Valladolid bought in over €8M in player sales this summer. However its all about the additions this year and with Soldado at the spearhead of the teams shake-up, a successful season could well be on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom