The Master League adventures thread

Got myself a contract to coach Aston Villa.

Checked the team and formation...it´s a 4-2-2-2.

A quite solid defending team with Micah Richards in it. They did a good job until now, no need to look for players here at the moment.

Two center players Gardener and Jedinak. Both have a high kicking power and Gardener is a long ranger.
But the second coach advised me to replace one of them with Westwood. To be honest, I´m not very keen on placing him, but he adds a lot of team spirit. Depending on the form I set them two or Westwood before a game.

Set Ayew as an LMF. A good player but his explosive power is lacking and I notice it every time.
As an RMF I used to place Agbonlahor. I always tried getting him in earlier releases. He does a good job, but his age of 30 is noticeable here.
Gestede and Mccormack, two strikers which I´m not very satisfied of. Gestede is okay, but Mccormack is too slow.
There hav been too many situations where he got outran by opponent players.

So i gave Agbonlahor a chance and set him as a striker instead of Mcormack and put Adomah as an RMF.
Adomah does a much better job there and Agbon a better one than Mccormack. Plus the Team spirit looks better here.

My scout suggested me to get Inaki Williams. A 22 year old striker with a strength of 79 already, very fast, agile and with a good kicking power and nice skills. But he cost 23 million. I have a max of 26 million available.
Negotiated and put him down to 18 million. I was tempted to get him but then I waited too long and he quit.
Sold Grealish in the meantime for 8 million and asked for Williams again.
Now these pricks wanted to have 28 million. I negotiated and put them down to 22. Bite the bullet and just got him.
I wanted someone who I can concentrate on.

So I set him as a second striker along with Agbonlahor. He didn´t get into play the first matches.
Agbonlahor did a good job there and scored a few ones, but Inaki seemed not to find his confidence.
At first I thought..."great....23 million for nothing", but I put my trust in him and since he scored one goal in his 5th or 6th match, he finds himself better into play with each match!
A very good investement!

Matches are tough. Whenever I get my team to the 2nd or 1st place in the league, I´m seeing a losing streak and fall down to the 4th or 5th place.
My second coach tells me that Gollini, my keeper is developing very fast. At least here I don´t need to invest for now.

But I wanna prepare myself to find a younger alternative than Agbonlahor in my team. Looking for a good striker.
My scout suggested me Balotelli....he´s a free agent, so no need to pay high transfer money for him.
As the transfer window was closed when we made the deal, he´s gonna join my team on the 1st of jan.
I´m in the end of december and can´t wait to see how he´s gonna fit next to Inaki Williams.

Got myself another deal and signed R. Fraser (knowing him from FIFA). A young pacey player.
When he´s in the team, I´ll try to change to a 4-2-1-3 formation.

I´m excited!
nice to have you on-board Chief,my condolences on your Bayern,saw the game vs Eintracht :)

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on: summer transfer window activity

Summary

08cnd-foreclosure1.600.jpg

Buying, selling, hiring, letting them go for free.

Olimpo pretty much missed the first transfer window of the season, but they sure took advantage of the second.

A second promising AMF was primary target. No problem: sign one from youth academy. The academy has ridiculously good youngsters. My team had some players with OVRs 54, 58, 61. Signed a few youngsters with 70, 69, 68. They're actually too good, but that doesn't make the game too easy.

Second target: a promising CF who is a real aerial threat. We can't win contested offensive headers. That must change. Had to buy one and look for quite a while:
http://www.pesmaster.com/felipe-vizeu/pes-2017/player/111356/
Cost me around 4 million.

Get rid of junk: sold some, just released some to make room and free wages. I didn't need to sell all because transfer funds - I got plenty - wages got none.

Bought two young OVR 66 goalies to fight for future number 1 goalie position.

Next up cup match against a team in a winning streak. All pumped up.

Also took the job managing my home country Denmark.
a good Gk is so important,my back up Gabriel has had a few games in a row,been great.
the new Morten Olsen then?
I can almost see your home ground Parken,from where I live,or I can see Denmark anyway.
tillykke

LaVolpe's ideas are finally setting in the player's minds, and the team is starting to click now.
20140413_3822.jpg

"We should be strolling in Serie B whith the amount of talent we have in the team"

Tied 1-1 in Napoli for the 1st leg of the 3rd round of TIM Cup and had this amazing game against Cesena:
Sorry if the vid is a bit long but i just had a blast on this match!
These are the ratings for the players bought in the first transfer window:
  • Juan Quintero (AMF, 78, 23 y/o)free
    • 9.5/10, amazing player. Controls the pace of attack, he's agile, quick and has a mean shot. He's asking for a high renewal contract but I'll try to get him to stay. Was named LaVolpe's favourite player & he is a Protegé now.
  • Adam Maher (AMF, 78, 23 y/o) free
    • 3/10, unlucky that he spent most of the half season I've played injured, haven't showed his salary tag to mach his skills. He's leaving since i received a good offer for a full transfer from a rival team.
  • Siegenkude (AMF, 65, 17 y/o) youth team
    • 5/10, he got a run of games when his form was glowing. Scored a brace in a game. He's probably out for loan or staying if we don't buy any MF players this winter.
  • Timothy Fosu-Mensah (RB, 74) ManUtd -> $7.6 mil
    • 7/10, Solid RB even if he's not the offensive type. He gets the most tackles won every month for the team as he is good at ball winning, fast and strong. Definitely staying.
  • Valeriy Boldenkov (CB, 74, 22 y/o) free
    • 7.5/10, very very solid CB. Strong on ball winning and aerial challenges. He has adapted really good at the team's tactics. Staying for sure.
  • Miguel Lourenço (CB, 72, 24 y/o) free
    • 2/10, Proof of how the form stat will afffect a player's performance. He's lazy and never wants to play, and when he did, he was off tactics-wise. I'm glad some team wanted to buy him from us. SOLD!
  • Marcel Tisserand (CB, 76, 23 y/0) free
    • 8/10, Marcel has been a great addition to the team. Playing CB or RB/LB, he's quick, strong and can get to the ball before the opposing attackers. Staying at the team.
  • Balázs Megyeri (GK, 73, 26 y/o) free
    • 6.5/10, Megyeri has a temper and even if he makes some great saves every now and then, he is also prone so punching the ball in the direction of the oher team's forwards. He's been the only red carded player for this half season, injuring a player outside of the penalty area. He will be staying but we need a backup GK.
I am negotiating with many players at the moment since we're in December, mostly selling players but I'm planning to get 1 player of each area: GK, CB, CMF, CF.

PS. who decided to allocate the salary in a different budget? That is mental.

Last edited:
I've scrapped my earlier saves (gone are the hours of work I invested into Middlesbrough and Hull - spent in the bottom five of the table), and I'm going to start again with a new option file installed.

I can't decide whether to start in the Championship - which is what I usually do, but I found my time with Bolton in last year's game a bit boring until I'd managed promotion - or somewhere exotic. The J-League is calling out to me - a real blast from the past.

I can't decide...

LaVolpe's ideas are finally setting in the player's minds, and the team is starting to click now.
20140413_3822.jpg

"We should be strolling in Serie B whith the amount of talent we have in the team"

Tied 1-1 in Napoli for the 1st leg of the 3rd round of TIM Cup and had this amazing game against Cesena:
Sorry if the vid is a bit long but i just had a blast on this match!
These are the ratings for the players bought in the first transfer window:
  • Juan Quintero (AMF, 78, 23 y/o)free
    • 9.5/10, amazing player. Controls the pace of attack, he's agile, quick and has a mean shot. He's asking for a high renewal contract but I'll try to get him to stay. Was named LaVolpe's favourite player & he is a Protegé now.
  • Adam Maher (AMF, 78, 23 y/o) free
    • 3/10, unlucky that he spent most of the half season I've played injured, haven't showed his salary tag to mach his skills. He's leaving since i received a good offer for a full transfer from a rival team.
  • Siegenkude (AMF, 65, 17 y/o) youth team
    • 5/10, he got a run of games when his form was glowing. Scored a brace in a game. He's probably out for loan or staying if we don't buy any MF players this winter.
  • Timothy Fosu-Mensah (RB, 74) ManUtd -> $7.6 mil
    • 7/10, Solid RB even if he's not the offensive type. He gets the most tackles won every month for the team as he is good at ball winning, fast and strong. Definitely staying.
  • Valeriy Boldenkov (CB, 74, 22 y/o) free
    • 7.5/10, very very solid CB. Strong on ball winning and aerial challenges. He has adapted really good at the team's tactics. Staying for sure.
  • Miguel Lourenço (CB, 72, 24 y/o) free
    • 2/10, Proof of how the form stat will afffect a player's performance. He's lazy and never wants to play, and when he did, he was off tactics-wise. I'm glad some team wanted to buy him from us. SOLD!
  • Marcel Tisserand (CB, 76, 23 y/0) free
    • 8/10, Marcel has been a great addition to the team. Playing CB or RB/LB, he's quick, strong and can get to the ball before the opposing attackers. Staying at the team.
  • Balázs Megyeri (GK, 73, 26 y/o) free
    • 6.5/10, Megyeri has a temper and even if he makes some great saves every now and then, he is also prone so punching the ball in the direction of the oher team's forwards. He's been the only red carded player for this half season, injuring a player outside of the penalty area. He will be staying but we need a backup GK.
I am negotiating with many players at the moment since we're in December, mostly selling players but I'm planning to get 1 player of each area: GK, CB, CMF, CF.

PS. who decided to allocate the salary in a different budget? That is mental.
a Real battle,that tackle that gave him his second yellow,should have been straight red

I've scrapped my earlier saves (gone are the hours of work I invested into Middlesbrough and Hull - spent in the bottom five of the table), and I'm going to start again with a new option file installed.

I can't decide whether to start in the Championship - which is what I usually do, but I found my time with Bolton in last year's game a bit boring until I'd managed promotion - or somewhere exotic. The J-League is calling out to me - a real blast from the past.

I can't decide...
J-League is only one Div right?
south America?
I was going for Argentina before I started my Milan career,might go there later on

J-League is only one Div right?
south America?
I was going for Argentina before I started my Milan career,might go there later on

Unlucky that S.America is only 1 div, unless you've got an OF.
LaVolpe for sure will at some point of his carrer manage en Argentina & Mexico.

Jepp,but you could edit the PEU league into an 2nd div right?

i know, PEU can be used as a 2nd division as well..
i only wish there were a lot more slots for leagues and divisions

i know its a little off topic but anyone remember playing This is Football?
you could start in a Sunday League where jumpers were used for goalposts, and work your way up through the non-leagues into the lower divisions and on to the Premier League, although I never met anyone who had the patience to do so. Still, a great little game mode.

you could start in a Sunday League where jumpers were used for goalposts, and work your way up through the non-leagues into the lower divisions and on to the Premier League, although I never met anyone who had the patience to do so. Still, a great little game mode.

Yes,we acctually talked about that game in here a few weeks ago,I loved that game,wasn't really into PES then,had played ISS before,but bought TIF on my PlayStation 2, remember that you could take a dive in that game.
Game companies should reissue old games

Yeah I played that game and mode a good few years ago. Gameplay wasn't the greatest though.

On topic. ML has consumed me! Will update after a season 1

After a few horrible games,I think I'm over the hump,the gameplay has been absolutely shit my last games,don't know if it's because my TS has dropped to around 70.

Anyway,my Lazio game,really bad as you saw,my Hellas Verona game,even worse,think I had one shot on goal,and won it.
Then Frosinone,you know when the game fucks you?
All game long,didn't experince that on proffesional,anyway lost it 2-1,thankfully so did the other top teams.

Then Man city at home,CL,I had to win this game,otherwise I'd be out,and city would be through.
I didn't record it,to busy playing.
Won the game with 1-0, a scrapper in the 80th minute from 2-3 meters.
This was the game that turned it around,gameplay wise.

A Madrid 10 pts
Milan 10
Shitty 9
Basel. 6

Next game Roma at home,and the game played marvellous again.
Grabbed a 2-0 win,with a bit of luck,but mainly with hard defending and sharp finishing.

I'm in 3rd place after 16 games,1 pt after inter,and on the same as Juve

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on a couple more matches
Team spirit in matches: 60-66

Summary

1434139706820_lc_galleryImage_Football_Wales_v_Belgium_.JPG

We are having amazingly exciting matches. Both attacking and defending are challenging. The matches are highly varying.

But we are still waiting for something to change: we feel that CPU goalies are OP. I guess at superstar they get a stat boost with the other teammates. That, combined with the higher team spirit of CPU teams, makes them save almost everything. The only goal we scored in this stretch was at point blank range after a corner. Like from a 50 cm distance. We have watched replays of some saves and they are shocking. Casual one-handed stretches from top and bottom corners. We are no longer really optimistic when we shoot from any distance.

Given how difficult it is to get close range shots - CPU defending is solid, they collect almost all rebounds, and win the vast majority of headers inside their box - and given the misses we also make in manual shooting, currently the best result we can realistically hope for is 0-0. That's how the last match ended, away.

But we will keep churning, because it's still huge fun. It's superb to try to build up against them. Let's see what happens when TS gradually goes up. (I didn't have this issue when I played regular leagues.)

Last edited:
220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

November - Peaks and Troughs!
A month that got away this time round as Valladolid started November in the craziest of manor. A home game with Tenerife probably shouldn't be something to remember, yet after 2 red cards and 9 goals, its one to stick in the mind.

When Soldado scored after 2 minutes, everyone thought it would be a continuation of the form that saw the team go undefeated in October. But by the 35th minute, Valladolid were 4-1 down, 2 men shy on the pitch and almost out for the count.

Then out of nowhere, 2 goals pulled the team back into it. Tenerife went to sleep and in 1st half injury time Andre Leao and Awaziem would score as the half ended Valladoild 3 Tenerife 4! Unfortunately for the hosts the 2nd half wouldn't be as fruitful, as although they had chances to claw themselves level, Tenerife had just too much space and they would make it count with 2 further goals to seal a 6-3 win.

The rest of the month pales in comparison, as a 1-0 loss to Real Zaragoza was no disgrace. Before an own goal by Filao would decide the derby with Numancia, as our rival came to the Jose Zorrilla and stole the points. Finally the month would end on a positive note as a late Juan Villar header salvaged a point against Osasuna, but there is little solace in it all.

Lets look at December and it begins with another home game, this time against Cadiz. A trip to Sevilla Atletico follows before Reus away and a mini winter break.

3 games finish up the month as Oviedo come to Valladolid, before trips to top 8 challengers Las Palmas and Alcorcon finish up the year and lead the team into a crucial transfer window.

November Results
(H) 3-6 Tenerife (Soldado), (Andre Leao), (Awaziem)
(A) 0-1 Real Zaragoza
(H) 0-1 Numancia
(H) 1-1 Osasuna (Juan Villar)

Current Standings
nosvatd_zpshdnccy0c.png

Last edited:
220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

November - Peaks and Troughs!
A month that got away this time round as Valladolid started November in the craziest of manor. A home game with Tenerife probably shouldn't be something to remember, yet after 2 red cards and 9 goals, its one to stick in the mind.

When Soldado scored after 2 minutes, everyone thought it would be a continuation of the form that saw the team go undefeated in October. But by the 35th minute, Valladolid were 4-1 down, 2 men shy on the pitch and almost out for the count.

Then out of nowhere, 2 goals pulled the team back into it. Tenerife went to sleep and in 1st half injury time Andre Leao and Awaziem would score as the half ended Valladoild 3 Tenerife 4! Unfortunately for the hosts the 2nd half wouldn't be as fruitful, as although they had chances to claw themselves level, Tenerife had just too much space and they would make it count with 2 further goals to seal a 6-3 win.

The rest of the month pales in comparison, as a 1-0 loss to Real Zaragoza was no disgrace. Before an own goal by Filao would decide the derby with Numancia, as our rival came to the Jose Zorrilla and stole the points. Finally the month would end on a positive note as a late Juan Villar header salvaged a point against Osasuna, but there is little solace in it all.

Lets look at December and it begins with another home game, this time against Cadiz. A trip to Sevilla Atletico follows before Reus away and a mini winter break.

3 games finish up the month as Oviedo come to Valladolid, before trips to top 8 challengers Las Palmas and Alcorcon finish up the year and lead the team into a crucial transfer window.

November Results
(H) 3-6 Tenerife (Soldado), (Andre Leao), (Awaziem)
(A) 0-1 Real Zaragoza
(H) 0-1 Numancia
(H) 1-1 Osasuna (Juan Villar)

Current Standings
nosvatd_zpshdnccy0c.png

Pity you didn't save and upload that Tenerife match!

Last 5 results . . latest last.

Spal 0 - Cagliari 1

Entella 0 - Cag 0

Cag 1 - Spezia 1

Latina 0 - Cag 0

Cag 2 - Ascoli 0

Didn't lose so that's something to be happy about.. . .... . although I should have lost a couple of those matches but also should have won one as well. None of them were worth posting as vids.

Found a bit of a cheat to get more salary cap.
Sign your entire youth squad and release them.
Hehhehhehe evil devilish grin
WalkenOhYou2.jpg

I might give it a try tho
:BLUSH:

descarga.jpg

Lavolpe, satisfied by the team latest results.

"We should stroll the Serie B with the amount of talent we have" said LaVolpe a couple of months ago, and indeed they have strolled their way to Serie A.

1st place after 33 fixtures (Serie B has 22 teams), 14 points apart from the 2nd place. Pazzini being the capocannoniere so far with 26 goals (2nd place has 17). The team has somewhat clicked and they now score goals for fun.
Like this effort was from Quintero in the latest match:

Team Spirit is above 85 now and some of the winter buys have clicked immediately:
  • A. Lobato (SS, 75, 16 y/o) youth team
    • Can also play CF.
    • This youth team gem has great agility and speed on the ball but is still developing his finishing.
  • E. Taskiran (GK, 73, 26 y/o) free
    • Solid keeper so far, plays for Fenerbahce IRL.
  • E. Cardona (LWF, 71, 24 y/o) free
    • Can also play SS, AMF, LMF/RMF.
    • Colombian with a lot of potential, hopefully he'll link with Quintero. Currently plays for Monterrey.
  • Rodrigo Caio (CB, 75, 23 y/o) -> $11.7 mill from Sao Paulo FC
    • Can also play DMF.
    • Caio was included in the 2016 Brazil Olimpic team. Strong CB with captain skills.
  • Gureggiolini (CF, 65, 18 y/o) youth team
    • Can also play SS, AMF.
    • Good prospect, not a shy player. He has an explosive power, seems to win space from it and is not afraid to fly and try to get the ball anyhow. I already like this kid.
  • R. Pizarro (CMF, 77, 22 y/o) -> $21.2 mill from Pachuca
    • Can also play AMF, SS, DMF.
    • Real box to box player. Quick on the ball, good technique, strong defensively.. the young Mexican has it all.
Rodolfo-Pizarro.jpg

Pizarro represented Mexico in the 2016 Olimpics.
The TIM Cup dream is over after narrowly defeating Napoli on away goals (1-1 aggregate), we had to face AC Milan in the QuarterFinals.
Fisrt match 0-0 in Verona, we could've won but they're waiting for a counter so I had to be careful. Honda hit the post with a long FK, the bastard!
Second match I was counter attacking, almost scored with the debutant Lobato (Pazzini got injured in 1st the leg) after a quick counter, but Donnarumma parried it away. An 84th minute scramble in my area ended up in a horrible goal for Bacca, who wouldn't even celebrate. We were heartbroken.
1474302407_868635_1474302586_noticia_normal.jpg

Bacca, uninmpressed, scored the winner.

That was our exit from the Copa and we lost to a giant, so no shame in that.. even if they were not playing at their fullest potential.

A few games to come before end of the season, Promotion is almost secure.

Had 3 tough matches this evening.

First 2

Cagliari 1- Bari 0

Novara 0 - Cag 2

The 3 goals scored by Rossi.

And finally Perugia who I haven't beaten yet . . they knocked me out in the playoff places last season. I really need to beat these swines. The match was a strange one .. . both defenses were watertight with literally no chances and very little half chances.

And the crowd go wild!

A similar goal to Petagnas a few games back . . .but I'd take it all day to beat these guys. . .Third in the table coming to mid season. . .. 3 points from the top . . .hope to get promoted. . I plan on switching to Top Player soon.

Had 3 tough matches this evening.

First 2

Cagliari 1- Bari 0

Novara 0 - Cag 2

The 3 goals scored by Rossi.

And finally Perugia who I haven't beaten yet . . they knocked me out in the playoff places last season. I really need to beat these swines. The match was a strange one .. . both defenses were watertight with literally no chances and very little half chances.

And the crowd go wild!

A similar goal to Petagnas a few games back . . .but I'd take it all day to beat these guys. . .Third in the table coming to mid season. . .. 3 points from the top . . .hope to get promoted. . I plan on switching to Top Player soon.
Nice!
Pulled off a great move,then top shelf with the header.

Off to Sassuolo then.
They're usually my number one bogey team,got beaten 3-1 last year.
Looking at the stats after the game,even Steven on the stats,but I killed them off properly.
4-1!
I've chosen to show a little highlight clip of Sanes game here,fresh back from injury,and he just toyed with them

Pity you didn't save and upload that Tenerife match!

I was going to, then the kids came up stairs to watch Sky Go on the PS4 so I suspended PES not thinking :(

Where it came from I just don't know, was fun to play in, albeit madness from start to finish.

I was going to, then the kids came up stairs to watch Sky Go on the PS4 so I suspended PES not thinking :(

Where it came from I just don't know, was fun to play in, albeit madness from start to finish.

Would have been interesting to watch.

Stopendo.....stopendo....stopendo!

After having a few games were it felt the game repeated itself and on "rails" i decided to change camera view,closer to the pitch,and it really feels great,loads of tough and nasty tackles,cause you can't plan ahead that much.
Anyway had a very feisty game vs Pescara,thought my toughest game should have been the one before.vs Genoa (3-1) but this one was a stalemate until Bacca got in on it.
My goal of the season.

Frustrating 0-0 draw with Benevento . .they didn't have one shot on goal. .. .nearly every pass that I tried was intercepted .. .I put in a couple of samples . . . normally one or two might have led to a goal. . .just one of those games .. .. .. a nice feint and swerve by my midfielder Heittich to get past a player at the start.

Stopendo.....stopendo....stopendo!

After having a few games were it felt the game repeated itself and on "rails" i decided to change camera view,closer to the pitch,and it really feels great,loads of tough and nasty tackles,cause you can't plan ahead that much.
Anyway had a very feisty game vs Pescara,thought my toughest game should have been the one before.vs Genoa (3-1) but this one was a stalemate until Bacca got in on it.
My goal of the season.

Great goal Rock. . .you're good at nicking those 1-0's. .. .you must be near the top by now.

Frustrating 0-0 draw with Benevento . .they didn't have one shot on goal. .. .nearly every pass that I tried was intercepted .. .I put in a couple of samples . . . normally one or two might have led to a goal. . .just one of those games .. .. .. a nice feint and swerve by my midfielder Heittich to get past a player at the start.

Bad luck Dec,one of those games.
Rossi should have scored there

Back
Top Bottom