The Master League adventures thread

LAVOLPE.jpg

Ricardo LaVolpe stint at Wigan Athletic is officially over
Even if by Christmas they were sitting in 4th position and still alive in the FA Cup, LaVolpe stormed out from the press conference where the new keeper Antonio Donnarumma was being presented.
LaVolpe apparently thought he has got the Italian hot prospect (Gianluigi) for a bargain (still all of the Wigan's allocated budget) but instead got his 10-year older brother.. feeling betrayed by both the club board and the Championship agents, he decided to leave immediately.

LaVolpismo will hopefully be remembered at the DW Stadium.

"We had a good run", said the perplexed portuguese forward Coutinho, who was named Lavolpe's favourite player during the first months of his stay.

Lavolpe has announced he has received offers from different leagues and will consider his options, but stated that he will never manage a team in the Championship again.
"Barbarians!" - he said, before slamming the door on his way out of Wigan's facilities.

"Taxi for LaVolpe" was heard, accompanied by laughs.
La Volpe seems to have a bit of a short fuse.
Great dude.
Bring him glory

Yeh it took me about 2 hours. It was such a great game though. I feel like i could produce Match of the Day with all this editing.

I use Youtube Video manager and i think i can put as many clips together as i want.

Here is how it's done. Especially to help Deco as he is on PS4 like myself.

Regarding video editing I'm on PS4. I used to record clips as i played the game using the Share button but now i find it easier to record the whole match and trim it afterwards.

Here is what i do.

1. At the start of the clip i want to record. Press Share and it brings up side menu.
2. Press Share again to exit side menu.
3. Play your game.
4. Press Share to bring up side menu.
5. Press Square to record video clip. It should record everything from step 2.

Also make sure in your Share settings you have recording set for 60 mins.

To trim.

1. Select video clip press Options button.
2. Select Trim
3. Select the Start and End of clip
4. Save as new clip
5. Go back to original clip and trim for the next clip.

To send to Youtube.

1. Highlight the clip to send. Press Share.
2. Select Youtube.
3. Do that for each clip.

To put together.

1. Go to your Youtube channel
2. Select Video Manager.

Here is a video which really helped me...

Good man Geeeeee .. . .I usually press share twice at the start of a match and twice again at half time and do the same for the second half. . . .I know how to trim.

First game of the season.
My boys were ready as ready can be.
Started with all my 4 signings.
Gimenez CB
Digne. LB
Mertens LMF
Sane RMF

A cloudy night game in Cagliari,luv it,what could possibly go wrong?
Except for going 1-0 down after 5 mins!
Blaming it on jet lag,or cabin fever on this god forsaken island.

But my boys would fly home as heroes!
My next game will be Guingamp away in the CL qualifier,then Udinese away.

Master League Chapter 9: D2 Season 3 Off seson.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

Vs Derby County (1-0 loss)

Vs Fullham (1-0 win)

I manage to buy a new CF
A. Spano
a 20yo from Chile with impressive stats (90Shot accuracy great technique, speed, balance, he seems to be really complete)
He sets me back aprox 3500pts which is not bad. But unless I win a few more friendlies I'm not going to be able to afford any more players. Unless I sneak in a trade, but right now there are no probable trades available.
Finaces are balanced: 11,813 of 10,340

Vs Freiburg (2-1 win)
Spano scores 5 mins into his debut! He was quite the find.
Now we can really cause some caos in the oposition defense.
Makes me really confident for next season =)

Trying to buy a fast SMF now to strengthen the flanks.

Vs SC Paderborn (1-0 win)
My bid for the SMF gets rejected
I submit a new improved one.

Vs Hertha Berlin (4-1 win)
First time I score 4 goals in a match in this ML.
Spano gets a fantastic hat-trick.

My improved bid for the SMF gets accepted!
A 23yo Argentinian named Rodrigo De Paul.
We will go straight into the right side of my diamond midfield.
Key stats are Dribble speed (90) Dribble Acc (89) and Long pass above 85.

Vs FC Koln (4-1 win)
Another trashing!
My new signings are really running riot against these weaker defenses.
Spano gets another hat-trick and my new RMF Rodrigo De Paul gets a debut goal as well.

Using the extra pts from the recent wins I decide to make a bit for a good LMF.
Lets see how it goes.

Vs Atalanta (3-0 win)
Ok the opposition have been some of the weakest teams in the world.
But Im really on a roll now!

My offer for the LMF is refused.

I spot a 29yo Tim Krul in the "open to negotiation" and decide to go for it.
Trade in my 2nd goal keeper and pay a couple thousand on top. Lets see if they take it.

Vs Empoly (1-0 win)
The offer for Tim Krul gets rejected.
The season is over and after paying salaries I have 4300pts left.
Next season I will try to make a really big signing in the winter transfer window.
Will definetely be disapointed if I dont get promotion next season.

Gimenez CB
Digne. LB
Mertens LMF
Sane RMF

Blaming it on jet lag,or cabin fever on this god forsaken island.

My next game will be Guingamp away in the CL qualifier,then Udinese away.

Nothing like a good comeback to start the season! Great!

Master League Chapter 9: D2 Season 3 Off seson.
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

Vs Derby County (1-0 loss)

Vs Fullham (1-0 win)

I manage to buy a new CF
A. Spano
a 20yo from Chile with impressive stats (90Shot accuracy great technique, speed, balance, he seems to be really complete)
He sets me back aprox 3500pts which is not bad. But unless I win a few more friendlies I'm not going to be able to afford any more players. Unless I sneak in a trade, but right now there are no probable trades available.
Finaces are balanced: 11,813 of 10,340

Vs Freiburg (2-1 win)
Spano scores 5 mins into his debut! He was quite the find.
Now we can really cause some caos in the oposition defense.
Makes me really confident for next season =)

Trying to buy a fast SMF now to strengthen the flanks.

Vs SC Paderborn (1-0 win)
My bid for the SMF gets rejected
I submit a new improved one.

Vs Hertha Berlin (4-1 win)
First time I score 4 goals in a match in this ML.
Spano gets a fantastic hat-trick.

My improved bid for the SMF gets accepted!
A 23yo Argentinian named Rodrigo De Paul.
We will go straight into the right side of my diamond midfield.
Key stats are Dribble speed (90) Dribble Acc (89) and Long pass above 85.

Vs FC Koln (4-1 win)
Another trashing!
My new signings are really running riot against these weaker defenses.
Spano gets another hat-trick and my new RMF Rodrigo De Paul gets a debut goal as well.

Using the extra pts from the recent wins I decide to make a bit for a good LMF.
Lets see how it goes.

Vs Atalanta (3-0 win)
Ok the opposition have been some of the weakest teams in the world.
But Im really on a roll now!

My offer for the LMF is refused.

I spot a 29yo Tim Krul in the "open to negotiation" and decide to go for it.
Trade in my 2nd goal keeper and pay a couple thousand on top. Lets see if they take it.

Vs Empoly (1-0 win)
The offer for Tim Krul gets rejected.
The season is over and after paying salaries I have 4300pts left.
Next season I will try to make a really big signing in the winter transfer window.
Will definetely be disapointed if I dont get promotion next season.
To bad about Krul,good GK
Next year,there's always next year.
Good luck

Champions League qualification game 1

First game of my two legged CL adventure.
Against French EA Guingamp.
These boys were no sitting ducks,tough,technical and hard to get in on.
And my game started off quite badly.

I've made 4 more signings between my two games.
I promoted 3 youth players,will send them on loan,and hopefully I'll get some use later on from them.
Also signed A CM from Real Madrid,Kovacic,a 23 year old,81 ovr,expensive of course €22,9 so now my transfers are done for the season,except perhaps one or two out in January.
Will play Kovacic every now and then,but mainly a man for second half of my season and next
Next game is Udinese away,always shit myself vs them

What you're describing there is the successor to Bielsa at Chile, Sampaoli! When he played with Valdivia in the side he would be an offensive pivot and create from the 10 space whilst Sanchez & Vargas acted as very wide strikers. They would commonly line up in a 3412 or 4312.

Although, as I'm writing this I realise that is almost definitely your intention :LOL:

Yeas you are right... my Bielsa tactic is similar but WITH a striker. Target man infact.

Great to see you get a few wins! At the same time though, glad to see it isnt just me struggling though!

Little spoiler for any Bari fans, i actually kept a couple of clean sheets in October :D my report might be delayed a bit cos im getting married tomorrow and need to work on my speech instead haha

Congratulations! Enjoy your day! :)

I promoted 3 youth players,will send them on loan,and hopefully I'll get some use later on from them.
Also signed A CM from Real Madrid,Kovacic,a 23 year old,81 ovr,expensive of course €22,9 so now my transfers are done for the season,except perhaps one or two out in January.
Will play Kovacic every now and then,but mainly a man for second half of my season and next

Well done in the CL. Looked quite a tight game. Penalty miss and a close offside decision all adds to the atmosphere. I enjoyed that effort in the 35th the GK was flapping a bit.

Gimenez CB
Digne. LB
Mertens LMF
Sane RMF

Beautiful through ball in that 1-1.

My concerns are growing with the ML ..the whole experience feels rigged at times ..dropped down to professional level which in exhibition mode is fantastic.
I play as Liverpool..my last game I won one nil in the europa league but the AI missed a host of easy chances ..I didn't think anything of it at the time ..
My next game I'm at home to Southampton and I'm in control all of the game ..I score mid way through the second half and breeze to the 93rd minute ..my keeper has it at his fwet on the edge of the area..no ai approaches and I hate that ..I could of kept hold of it and won..instead I don't cheat I play a midfield ball to sturridge who's unmarked ..his foot turns to spoon feet and the ball bounces perfectly for long ..his goes on a messi style dribble ..literally can't get near him half the pitch into the box ..he shoots keeper parrys straight to another attacker ..he shoots hits the post rolls to my defender he also spoons it the eventually they get another go and score ..the whole situation felt out of my hands no matter what I did

Even your brief highlights are 10 minutes, because there's so much happening in every match. Solid entertainment.

Thanks James, the games are full of excitement even the low scoring ones. But the last few have had quite a few goals in them too.

Winnall missed a great chance in that last match when we were 1-2 up and that proved important. On the plus side both Bradshaw and Winnall are forming a good partnership now with 9 goals between them in their last 5 matches.

Its funny as i dont know much about Barnsley but am keeping an eye on their resuts in real life now.

Back with some updates of my BAL adventure. The season is going quite bad, I would say it is my worse BAL first season ever. I forgot to mention I play on Superstar. Slowly I play more matches but I can't yet get how to shoot properly, and the coach being stubborn on making the team playing high through ball to me despite me being just 166 cms tall is not helping. It is clear I am not made to play postplay. Anyway I managed to score at least 2 goals, which is not bad considering the few chances I get for a clear shoot. A couple of matches before the summer break I got injured in a match, and ha to wait till last october match to come back. Obviously I didnt get any offer from other teams but I am not surprised cause its been from pes 2014 that I never get offers on first season, no matter how good or bad I play. I thought that without me on the field the team would wake up and win some matches but I was wrong. With me out they almost lost every match. When there are less than 10 matches remaning, we are on 14th position. Sagan Tosu is on 1st place and they even got stronger, buying 3 good players rated from 76 to 78, one of them being Corluka, which is now getting always a spot in the team of the month. Now I just think about finishing this first season and hope for the best in the next one, maybe getting a contract in a club with a more offensive minded coach.

Tight match there! A good result away.

Today I´ve spent some time studying my team, deciding who to let go, and who to keep. Also tried some singings, mainly looking for some really good LM, and a DM. LM was quite easy to find, there are lots of options, and went for a one year loan to get a good player and only pay a "small" fee. I got to bring Wijnaldum, and also had Depay on the table. Decided Wijnaldum instead because he can actually offer me more options in terms of attacking/finishing, and also because he already has a great habit with tactics similar to what I use, so he will fit into the team quite fast.

I've put some players on list, and sold Washington (CF), Idrissa (LW), Shodipo (CF) and Borysiuk (DM). These players rarely played for me the last season, Washington was actually an option sometimes, but with Polter, Mor, Lobato and Zoua in the competition, it would be really hard for him to have a go.

I´m still trying to find a good DM, mainly beacause I´m trying to get a very versatile player, with great ball winning (80+) but also with some Heading, Passing and Fighting Spirit. I know if I nail someone like that, not only I fill the gap that the aging Henry and Sandro will leave soon, but will also have a very strong defending midfield, hard to beat. There´s actually a good report from my scout, a very complete guy, I just might go for it. Still looking though. Thinking of getting a AM with the long range ability, but there are nearly no options that fit my current balance, but still might go for a dangerous AM, or a much stronger GK, wich is actually my weakest role on the team.

Funny or not (i didn´t think it was that funny) I got offers for national teams... France, Sweden, Spain and England... :BLINK:. Please remind you that in my first season, I finished 15th... are those countries really that desperate? I don´t usually bother too much about these fails, but whatever, shoud have a better offer system for national squads I think. Didn´t accept any of them. I really want to coach a national side, but right now I´m focused on QPR only, and also it wouldn´t make any sense being a coach of a Top National while managing a Championship team... would it?:THINK:

Tight match there! A good result away.

Today I´ve spent some time studying my team, deciding who to let go, and who to keep. Also tried some singings, mainly looking for some really good LM, and a DM. LM was quite easy to find, there are lots of options, and went for a one year loan to get a good player and only pay a "small" fee. I got to bring Wijnaldum, and also had Depay on the table. Decided Wijnaldum instead because he can actually offer me more options in terms of attacking/finishing, and also because he already has a great habit with tactics similar to what I use, so he will fit into the team quite fast.

I've put some players on list, and sold Washington (CF), Idrissa (LW), Shodipo (CF) and Borysiuk (DM). These players rarely played for me the last season, Washington was actually an option sometimes, but with Polter, Mor, Lobato and Zoua in the competition, it would be really hard for him to have a go.

I´m still trying to find a good DM, mainly beacause I´m trying to get a very versatile player, with great ball winning (80+) but also with some Heading, Passing and Fighting Spirit. I know if I nail someone like that, not only I fill the gap that the aging Henry and Sandro will leave soon, but will also have a very strong defending midfield, hard to beat. There´s actually a good report from my scout, a very complete guy, I just might go for it. Still looking though. Thinking of getting a AM with the long range ability, but there are nearly no options that fit my current balance, but still might go for a dangerous AM, or a much stronger GK, wich is actually my weakest role on the team.

Funny or not (i didn´t think it was that funny) I got offers for national teams... France, Sweden, Spain and England... :BLINK:. Please remind you that in my first season, I finished 15th... are those countries really that desperate? I don´t usually bother too much about these fails, but whatever, shoud have a better offer system for national squads I think. Didn´t accept any of them. I really want to coach a national side, but right now I´m focused on QPR only, and also it wouldn´t make any sense being a coach of a Top National while managing a Championship team... would it?:THINK:
Agree on the national managers,very strange feature.
I think you shouldn't be able to be manager for a national side until 5-10 seasons in

I´m still trying to find a good DM, mainly beacause I´m trying to get a very versatile player, with great ball winning (80+) but also with some Heading, Passing and Fighting Spirit.
I don't know how you search for these, but just out of curiosity I did a search in pesmaster database for

CDM
OVR minimum 80
fighting spirit
heading skill

and found two matches:

http://www.pesmaster.com/ignacio-camacho/pes-2017/player/37373/
http://www.pesmaster.com/e-dier/pes-2017/player/47431/

I don't know how you search for these, but just out of curiosity I did a search in pesmaster database for

CDM
OVR minimum 80
fighting spirit
heading skill

and found two matches:

http://www.pesmaster.com/ignacio-camacho/pes-2017/player/37373/
http://www.pesmaster.com/e-dier/pes-2017/player/47431/

Will check those, thanks! I also have to consider the % of success on signing... I think I noticed Dier was a bit hard to sign by my club, but I will double check it later this afternoon. Thanks mate!

This post will be a sort of rant, i'm sorry for it.
PES2017 is a great, great game, but IMO Team Spirit is (partly) ruïning it.
I started a third ML (with Huddersfield) and i'm beginning to see a pattern.
I've won the first match of the season in every single of ML's.
Then come a period of matches where you take the lead, but no matter how, in the end the CPU team comes back..
Persevere with that and slowly your team spirit is getting higher and then winning becomes easier.

In this ML i did a test. Played my fourth match against Norwich.
Took a 3-0 le in the first half. Second half begins, Norwich kicks off and scores immediately. They score a second in 75th minute and an equaliser in injury time.
Three goals were my players make very uncharacteristic errors and i get the feeling they are un avoidable.

I decide to cheat and replay the match.

Second attempt 2-0 up afhalf-time.
They kick-off for the second time and scor immediately. They score an equaliser in injury time. Same sort of goals as in the first match.

Third attempt. Once again 2-0 up at half-time.
They score with the first attack in the second time and equalise in injury time.

Fourth attempt, same as the first attempt.

Oh and by the way, i changed tactics, started for example very defensive the second half. In one game i made substitutes in another, i didn't...no matter what i did, same scenario...

In the end i saved a draw. I remeber doing this once (can't remember which version) ad nauseam with with AZ against Rhoda. I played that match perhaps 20 times and no matter what i did, the outcome was the same.

Of course one should not play the game like this, it was just a test. What i don't like is the fact that the CPU wins because your players refuse to react to what you let them do...

I'm playing a league with Spurs and don't have that problem.

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
April - Month of Mendes!
The improvements made in recent months continued in April for Valladolid, as although they would only win 1 of their 4 games, it could easily have been 4 from 4 based on performances.

First up the loss to playoff chasing Tenerife saw the islanders snatch a late winner as after Ryan Mendes had equalised, Valladolid look the more likelier to go on and win the game.

Then heartbreak came in a 2-2 draw with Reus. Not only did Valladolid lead 2 -0 thanks to a brace from Ryan Mendes, but Reus would also miss a penalty as Filao' would get sent off. After the hosts hit the post from the spot, they went on to clatter the woodwork 2 more times as Valladolid looked to have all the luck. Unfortunately 2 goals in the final 10 minutes would give Reus a share of the points.

2 home games would follow, somehow Oviedo stole a 1-0 win after surviving intense pressure. Before Ryan Mendes would score his 4th goal of the month, doubled up on by Bruno Mendes, as Mirandes would fall victim of the upsurge in form by Valladolid 2-1.

It all comes to an end next month, not in the way everyone had hoped, but recent improvements are a positive sign. A trip to Almeria will be a challenge with the hosts looking to secure their playoff spot. Before home games against Cordoba and title chasing Getafe to sign off at the Jose Zorrilla. The final fixture will take place at Girona, the hosts are 9th currently and if results go their way, it could be an important fixture in their season.

win_zpsgpegqj7t.png

April Results:
(A)1-2 Tenerife (Ryan Mendes)
(A) 2-2 Reus (Ryan Mendes 2)
(H) 0-1 Oviedo
(H) 2-1 Mirandes (Ryan Mendes) (Bruno Mendes)

Current Standings:
standaprl_zpsue66bwj4.png

Got another tactic I've worked on - definitely something you could use against smaller teams to really pin them back. Can officially say it's compatible with a terrible manual player so I'm sure you guys can get a bit more out of it than I can!

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on matches: Talleres de Córdoba - Olimpo; San Martín de San Juan - Olimpo

Team spirit going in: 55 & 53

Condition going in (latest first): DDLDL

Highlight reels

Summary

6979519-small-plant-in-cracked-growth-Stock-Photo-hope-land-recovery.jpg

There is hope.

These two away matches were against teams of the same level than ours. And we fared well.

The first match we dominated. There was a point in the match where the shots were 0-7 in our favor. But scoring is still elusive. Probably should train finishing. Result 0-0.

The second match was much more even. And the opposition eventually scored because of a defensive mistake. We felt it as soon as we did the mistake, but it was too late by then. Final shots 4-3 in their favor, result 1-0.

Still, given that we are still developing in all areas - playing technique, team spirit, personnel - at this point of the season the challenge does not feel insurmountable. Sure, at some point we're going to face top teams that are going to trash us. But, to be honest, that's the way it should be. At least until our OVR is at the level of theirs.

Good session. We are very pleased. Many more reports coming from us in a couple of days.

Reached the playoffs of Serie B but was knocked out in the first match 1-0 by Perugia. . it was that rubbish of a game I wouldn't put the highlights up . .nothing happened in it except their jammy deflected goal.

Anyhoo on to the first game of the season Cagliari v Salertinana who I hammered last season . .. I'll let the clip tell the story. . .

They played me off the park with a passing game and my keeper handed them their goal I didn't get a look in. .. watch the celebrations of their player at the end . . a bit over the top I'd say.

Reached the playoffs of Serie B but was knocked out in the first match 1-0 by Perugia. . it was that rubbish of a game I wouldn't put the highlights up . .nothing happened in it except their jammy deflected goal.

Anyhoo on to the first game of the season Cagliari v Salertinana who I hammered last season . .. I'll let the clip tell the story. . .

They played me off the park with a passing game and my keeper handed them their goal I didn't get a look in. .. watch the celebrations of their player at the end . . a bit over the top I'd say.
Brilliant move by your GK,wonder if that would have been a freekick if they hadn't score.
Looks like he handled it outside the box with his hand.

Lavolpe wasted no time and chose the City of love as the next destination (no pressure from the mrs there).
57a711e3gd6fc6df6d070&690

IMG_3523.jpg

"My aim is to make the recently relegated Hellas Verona come back to his glory days, or at least get promoted to Serie A for a short period." - said a long faced LaVolpe in his presentation.

After he received full backup from the board, he was able to make a few signings (by releasing/selling a good amount of players) before the season starts.

Transfers In:
  • Juan Quintero (AMF, 78, 23 y/o) free
    • can also play CMF, SS
  • Adam Maher (AMF, 78, 23 y/o) free
    • can also play CMF, DMF, SS
  • Siegenkude (AMF, 65, 17 y/o) youth team
  • Timothy Fosu-Mensah (RB, 74) ManUtd -> $7.6 mil
    • can also play CB, DMF, RMF
  • Valeriy Boldenkov (CB, 74, 22 y/o) free
    • can also play DMF
  • Miguel Lourenço (CB, 72, 24 y/o) free
    • can also play DMF, AMF
  • Marcel Tisserand (CB, 76, 23 y/0) free
    • can also play RB, LB
  • Balázs Megyeri (GK, 73, 26 y/o) free

With a more than decent squad at his disposal, LaVolpe has started training and implementing his 5-3-2 (or 5-2-1-2 with an AMF).
These events have for sure made the coach a lot more optimistic:
"We want to be part of something historic in this beautiful city, we want to participate in European competitions.. but first things first.
We need to be focused and go step by step, get the boys to learn a couple of tricks and we should be dreaming of bigger things soon.
We will build a long-lasting winning team, you can bet on that!"

The highlight of the summer transfer period for Serie B is the return of Juan Quintero to Italy, where he played for Pescara in Serie A for a year. He was lured to Verona by LaVolpe's tactics & no-nonsense personality, who promised him he will shine in this team.
juan-quintero.jpg

Quintero scored a goal for Colombia in 2014 WC.

Pazzini, 32, current captain of the team, expressed his confidence and full support to LaVolpe and the new signings.
pazzo1.jpg

ex6grSRoQ.jpg

"I'm sure we will have an amazing season, I want to come back to Serie A and I'll make sure we are all commited to achieve this goal."

The start of Serie B is underway!

Olimpo dream

Settings: superstar, full manual, 20 minutes.

Report on matches: Talleres de Córdoba - Olimpo; San Martín de San Juan - Olimpo

Team spirit going in: 55 & 53

Condition going in (latest first): DDLDL

Highlight reels

Summary

6979519-small-plant-in-cracked-growth-Stock-Photo-hope-land-recovery.jpg

There is hope.

These two away matches were against teams of the same level than ours. And we fared well.

The first match we dominated. There was a point in the match where the shots were 0-7 in our favor. But scoring is still elusive. Probably should train finishing. Result 0-0.

The second match was much more even. And the opposition eventually scored because of a defensive mistake. We felt it as soon as we did the mistake, but it was too late by then. Final shots 4-3 in their favor, result 1-0.

Still, given that we are still developing in all areas - playing technique, team spirit, personnel - at this point of the season the challenge does not feel insurmountable. Sure, at some point we're going to face top teams that are going to trash us. But, to be honest, that's the way it should be. At least until our OVR is at the level of theirs.

Good session. We are very pleased. Many more reports coming from us in a couple of days.
That through ball in your first game,brilliant!
No visual aid on FK either,that's tough.
Which Leauge do you use as second league,or is it just one division in your ML?

Lavolpe wasted no time and chose the City of love as the next destination (no pressure from the mrs there).
57a711e3gd6fc6df6d070&690

IMG_3523.jpg

"My aim is to make the recently relegated Hellas Verona come back to his glory days, or at least get promoted to Serie A for a short period." - said a long faced LaVolpe in his presentation.

After he received full backup from the board, he was able to make a few signings (by releasing/selling a good amount of players) before the season starts.

Transfers In:
  • Juan Quintero (AMF, 78, 23 y/o) free
    • can also play CMF, SS
  • Adam Maher (AMF, 78, 23 y/o) free
  • Siegenkude (AMF, 65, 17 y/o) youth team
  • Timothy Fosu-Mensah (RB, 74) ManUtd -> $7.6 mil
    • can also play CB, DMF, RMF
  • Valeriy Boldenkov (CB, 74, 22 y/o) free
    • can also play DMF
  • Miguel Lourenço (CB, 72, 24 y/o) free
    • can also play DMF, AMF
  • Marcel Tisserand (CB, 76, 23 y/0) free
    • can also play RB, LB
  • Balázs Megyeri (GK, 73, 26 y/o) free

With a more than decent squad at his disposal, LaVolpe has started training and implementing his 5-3-2 (or 5-2-1-2 with an AMF).
These events have for sure made the coach a lot more optimistic:
"We want to be part of something historic in this beautiful city, we want to participate in European competitions.. but first things first.
We need to be focused and go step by step, get the boys to learn a couple of tricks and we should be dreaming of bigger things soon.
We will build a long-lasting winning team, you can bet on that!"

The highlight of the summer transfer period for Serie B is the return of Juan Quintero to Italy, where he played for Pescara in Serie A for a year. He was lured to Verona by LaVolpe's tactics & no-nonsense personality, who promised him he will shine in this team.
juan-quintero.jpg

Quintero scored a goal for Colombia in 2014 WC.

Pazzini, 32, current captain of the team, expressed his confidence and full support to LaVolpe and the new signings.
pazzo1.jpg

ex6grSRoQ.jpg

"I'm sure we will have an amazing season, I want to come back to Serie A and I'll make sure we are all commited to achieve this goal."

The start of Serie B is underway!
La Volpes choice is a good one,Hellas Verona,that's a proper club.
Bet the missus loves it

Back
Top Bottom