The Master League adventures thread

To be perfectly clear,double clicking up or down on the d pad,raises/lowers attack level? And by lowering attack level,it automatically raises def level?
Yes. For example, less runs, more guys at the back.

It's beginning to be a lot to be aware of in this game
Changing off/def tactics,plus this,and then..play at the same time.
How are we to sort this out? We're blokes...
I have a healthy respect for those who can identify, in the heat of the match, all the tactical tuning they should do.

A lot of depth and variations to keep us occupied until next autumn.

Yeah if you press up/down on the d-pad twice you'll increase/decrease your attack level by one. You will always start at a balanced middle point.

Personally, I don't touch it and I leave it at the default setting. I'm more than happy for teams to be quick to transition against me as that's a very real consequence of the way I like to play the game. In fact, most teams will try to attack quickly if there is space it's a very normal method of play for teams. It's why the Premier League is described as "intense" because teams look to attack quickly at every opportunity unless they are forced to build up from deep by the opposition not conceding any space to them. It's a matter of how we choose to play, I can get the CPU to be very patient with their build up - it just requires a less aggressive style of defence to be used by the player that leaves space in front and not behind the defensive line.

Attack levels (from what I've seen) affect the positioning of players when you are attacking. If you are on a more attacking level then full backs midfielders etc will all play further forward, thus there is more space for the other team to move into quickly and that's how the games becomes more hectic. If you lower your attacking level to below the starting point then less players will be moving into advanced positions as quickly meaning you and your opponent will see attacking play stifled and a more restrained game overall.
Yes you're right,I don't think I've had it set on auto either,so my team attacks a lot...but as you know my tactics going fw is by def quite high,especially playing fullback like Abate and De Sciglio.
So more interested in having the option to not attack when not needed,shut down the game.
So instead of going into my secondary tactic when leading and trying to shut it down,I can click down and get the similar result.
That's my plan.
Or even start games with a very low offensive level,then increase when needed.
Especially going into 20 min games as i plan
I see a big difference in how opponents play when I use swarm the box,or go gegenpress,it's amazing how well this game plays when it comes to tactics.
I played some FIFA the other day,and boy it's miles away

Are you serious Rock? Have you not been using it? . . .I never stop adjusting it.. . be lost without messing with it. Great for a short spell of intense attack and for dropping back when the ai is launching an onslaught on your goal.
I usually switch between my two main defensive strategies,does the job well,but I think I've had it set to auto for a while.
Will absolutely dive into it,especially at the start of games and hen needed

Yes. For example, less runs, more guys at the back.

I have a healthy respect for those who can identify, in the heat of the match, all the tactical tuning they should do.

A lot of depth and variations to keep us occupied until next autumn.
It's an amazing game in that sense,gonna start using it more.
I've had good help doing pretty much that by using my gegenpress at spells of the game

Yes you're right,I don't think I've had it set on auto either,so my team attacks a lot...but as you know my tactics going fw is by def quite high,especially playing fullback like Abate and De Sciglio.
So more interested in having the option to not attack when not needed,shut down the game.
So instead of going into my secondary tactic when leading and trying to shut it down,I can click down and get the similar result.
That's my plan.
Or even start games with a very low offensive level,then increase when needed.
Especially going into 20 min games as i plan
I see a big difference in how opponents play when I use swarm the box,or go gegenpress,it's amazing how well this game plays when it comes to tactics.
I played some FIFA the other day,and boy it's miles away

Yeah, the need for multiple tactics to be switched in and out during games isn't necessary. Adjusting smaller details like player positions, how aggressive your pressing is etc can all have massive effects on the game play. For what you want, definitely lowering your attack level to get those full backs back in check a bit more will help you out to no end.

The attack/defense levels are also kind of the reason why the CPU is so keen to attack all the time. If you watch the CPU name plates their attack level flicks up to one notch above the default whenever they get the ball meaning all of their players are super keen to get forward and attack etc. The same occurs on defense where it flicks down to one notch below default meaning they almost always have a wall of players back. It's an irritating issue at times, although with me trying to emulate Barcelona every time I play it isn't as much of a deal breaker for me.

You're right with FIFA though, it's tactical options are piss-poor. That's the entire reason I switched over this year, the possibilities for gameplay are just too vast to ignore.

Yeah, the need for multiple tactics to be switched in and out during games isn't necessary. Adjusting smaller details like player positions, how aggressive your pressing is etc can all have massive effects on the game play. For what you want, definitely lowering your attack level to get those full backs back in check a bit more will help you out to no end.

The attack/defense levels are also kind of the reason why the CPU is so keen to attack all the time. If you watch the CPU name plates their attack level flicks up to one notch above the default whenever they get the ball meaning all of their players are super keen to get forward and attack etc. The same occurs on defense where it flicks down to one notch below default meaning they almost always have a wall of players back. It's an irritating issue at times, although with me trying to emulate Barcelona every time I play it isn't as much of a deal breaker for me.

You're right with FIFA though, it's tactical options are piss-poor. That's the entire reason I switched over this year, the possibilities for gameplay are just too vast to ignore.
Will mess around a little with the levels,I have Juventus next game,you're right,me switching between def tactics has a massive outcome in my games.
You have to be patient as hell when they line up around the box,it's a tough game,and trying to break down brick walls is tricky.
I enjoyed FIFA a great deal last year,but returning to it was a wake up call,still enjoy it somewhat,but horrible flaws in it

So Juventus away,probably as tough as it gets.
Decided to play the game twice,to see if it made any difference with attacking level set to manual.
Also made a decision that what ever outcome the second game had,that's a keeper.

And speaking of keepers...got Donnaruma ejected after 5 minutes,Higuain stumbled over him and fell.Donnarumma red card,penalty and 1-0.
And note to myself,kinda good to have your second keeper in the squad....I didn't.
Had to get one of my youth players,a CB in goal.
Needles to say I lost that game,4-0, my CB/GK was horrible.
But the interesting thing was to see how the game played,according to my usual setup.
Fast,direct and very much up and down,not as frantic as my worst games,but yet,frantic.

So game two,the one that counts.
Needles to say,two GK aboard..
My mantra for this game was simple,don't fucking lose.
Doesn't matter if we don't have a shot on goal,don't lose!

Started the game on the lowest attacking level,went up a notch when I attacked.
Game played so smooth,not as frantic as before,Juve had massive problems breaking me down.
Have to say that I never experienced this kind of def before,clinical!
Created a few half chances first half,one being a corner,which I scored on!

So after the first half 1-0 me.
Second half they really started pressing and hoofing balls into my box,but I kept my lines and with a solid brick wall,they couldn't score on me,a few lucky bounces,but kept a clean sheet.
And in the 70th m when they tried to attack me,I counter attacked and scored a beuty on them from Sanes right foot.

This finding( for me) using the A/D levels is a real revelation to me,the game played absolutely beutiful,best so far for me.
Intense,but not frantic.
And coming back from a few days of FIFA....bit of difference,holy shit how this game plays.
Sanes goal and why he is so important,even in defence

That's what's so cool about the this game,I have a few elderly players that are in decline,but you don't want to sell them

Indeed!
I want to keep Ayew, Inaki Williams and Fraser for sure until their retirement.
But offers already keep getting in for them, but no...I won't sell!

Planned the same thing for Balotelli.
Would love to make him my club the last one of his career, but have to see whether he will change for good.

(If he wouldn't I'd like it a lot cause it means that there are players that just don't suit your team, which you realize after some time only and can tell that you made a bad deal. Adds a lot of depth and makes ML much more interesting. It's realistic too...like Immobile didn't for BVB or Mario Götze for Bayern (went back to BVB))

Last edited:
Indeed!
I want to keep Ayew, Inaki Williams and Fraser for sure until their retirement.
But offers already keep getting in for them, but no...I won't sell!

Planned the same thing for Balotelli.
Would love to make him my club the last one of his career, but have to see whether he will change for good.

(If he wouldn't I'd like it a lot cause it means that there are players that just don't suit your team, which you realize after some time only and can tell that you made a bad deal. Adds a lot of depth and makes ML much more interesting. It's realistic too...like Immobile didn't for BVB or Mario Götze for Bayern (went back to BVB))
It does,I've made a few bad deals,Bruma/Sessegnon,good players but didn't stand out,anonymous.
Love the youngsters,Locatelli/Calabria/Donnarumma,they will be here until retiring:)
Never felt that bond in FIFA with my players
I saw a few games yesterday,and one of them being Milan vs Juventus,and the two players that won the game for Milan were Donnarumma and Locatelli,so cool

Olimpo dream, season 2

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on match: CA Tigre - Olimpo

Team spirit going in: 76

Summary

Keep-Calm-its-the-new-season.png

Season opener against Tigre, to whom we lost 1-0 at the end of last season. Now playing on top player. We have a healthy respect for the opposition and play the entire match on A/D level blue. We have two good chances: in both cases AMF Gallarjo is through on goal. But Tigre defenders catch him easily (Gallarjo has both explosive power and speed @ around 80). Tigre has one really good break, when their CF makes a run into the box, but has to shoot in a hurry, and our new young GK makes an important save. I think their other shots are from outside the box. Final result 0-0.

Team after transfer window

Most new players from the youth academy. New GK was expensive, around 7 mil I think. Sold our star player Gaona Lugo.

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017_20161023153224.jpg

Season objectives

1. Win more than one match.
  2. Finish above bottom 3.

One of the main reasons i started doing a ML story this year is that i absolutely love how the gameplay reacts to and is representative of the emotions behind the user input. at times the game is playing you as much as you are playing the game. Hell maybe i am crazy but sometimes it feels like there is someone on the other side of the screen who is capable of getting to you, and if you play it right you can get to them too.

I just finished November (report coming soon) and in my final game of the month i (or we?) Managed to turn the game into a massive tempestuous affair. It all started from one moment where i thought i pulled off the perfect dive after getting tripped, so much so that i couldn't believe it wasn't awarded as a penalty. From there the AI seemingly tapped into my rage and were winning cheap free kicks and i completely lost the plot getting players booked etc. They played me and won 2-0...

Anyway here is that dive. I Think i still have the original replay so i may be able to share it in slow mo to show how good it was... Stonewall pen for me!

Olimpo dream, season 2

Settings: top player, full manual, 20 minutes

Report on match: CA Tigre - Olimpo

Team spirit going in: 76

Summary

Keep-Calm-its-the-new-season.png

Season opener against Tigre, to whom we lost 1-0 at the end of last season. Now playing on top player. We have a healthy respect for the opposition and play the entire match on A/D level blue. We have two good chances: in both cases AMF Gallarjo is through on goal. But Tigre defenders catch him easily (Gallarjo has both explosive power and speed @ around 80). Tigre has one really good break, when their CF makes a run into the box, but has to shoot in a hurry, and our new young GK makes an important save. I think their other shots are from outside the box. Final result 0-0.

Team after transfer window

Most new players from the youth academy. New GK was expensive, around 7 mil I think. Sold our star player Gaona Lugo.

Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017_20161023153224.jpg

Season objectives

1. Win more than one match.
  2. Finish above bottom 3.

Ah c'mon James. . . . that's a bit of a tall order.

One of the main reasons i started doing a ML story this year is that i absolutely love how the gameplay reacts to and is representative of the emotions behind the user input. at times the game is playing you as much as you are playing the game. Hell maybe i am crazy but sometimes it feels like there is someone on the other side of the screen who is capable of getting to you, and if you play it right you can get to them too.

I just finished November (report coming soon) and in my final game of the month i (or we?) Managed to turn the game into a massive tempestuous affair. It all started from one moment where i thought i pulled off the perfect dive after getting tripped, so much so that i couldn't believe it wasn't awarded as a penalty. From there the AI seemingly tapped into my rage and were winning cheap free kicks and i completely lost the plot getting players booked etc. They played me and won 2-0...

Anyway here is that dive. I Think i still have the original replay so i may be able to share it in slow mo to show how good it was... Stonewall pen for me!

A blatant attempt to con the ref . .. .what's the game coming to? Good effort though.

How can you call it a stonewall penalty when you admit you dived??!! :D :D

Haha when you see it in slow motion you can see that theres a genuine trip nowhere near the ball. I just helped my player over :D it looked really natural so i was genuinely gutted not to have it given

Are you seriously, seriously saying that with all the different feints to learn, you actually took the time to master diving? :SAL:

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

January - New Year, New Hope!
The New Year often brings with it a new sense of optimism and for Real Valladolid, it was something to cling on to as they looked to begin a surge back into playoff contention. On and off the field, it would prove to be a big month.

With the transfer window open, rumours began to swirl around the clubs key players, notably Roberto Soldado and a bid to take him to China. However it would be his antics on the pitch that wrote the first headline of the month as his late winner would secure the team a 2-1 home win against Mallorca.

That would be that though, as just days later Penitez would confirm his departure from the club after just 6 months, as a €20,000,000 deal would see him become the latest acquisition by the big spending Chinese at Jiangsu.

Fortunately a replacement was already in the pipeline and days before a home game with Girona, young Portuguese frontman Jose Gomes inked a deal to leave Benfica for just under €5,000,000. He would have an instant impact, coming on as a sub and scoring with 2 minutes to earn Valladolid a precious point against the playoff chasing Girona side.

Further deals made by Valladolid would see the enigmatic Dolly Menga leave to join Boavista, whilst hardman Alex Perez secured a move to Avellino in Serie B. But it would be the surprise €9,000,000 deal to sign Croatian veteran Vedran Corluka that sparked the most interest.

Corluka was listed by Fiorentina and with money to burn, would be enticed by Valladolid in an expensive deal. Corluka's addition would be swiftly followed by the teenager Sanchon who joined from Girona, whilst a further deal to try and bring Zahibo in from Gimnastic remained on the table.

For all the excitement of the transfer window, it would be the turnaround in their on field fortunes that took all the acclaim. A thrilling 2-2 draw with Lugo kept the mini unbeaten run going, before back to back away wins (including a pair of clean sheets) would give the team hope of a successful second half of the season.

A 1-0 win at Huesca thanks to a wild own goal got things going, before a comfortable 2-0 win at Mirandes and a 2nd goal for Jose Gomes added the cherry onto the January cake.

With the transfer window closing, February brings Elche, Cordoba and Getafe to the Jose Zorrilla. Whilst trips to UCAM Murcia and Leganes will test the teams resolve.

January Results
(H) 2-1 Mallorca (Juan Villar), (Soldado)
(H) 1-1 Girona (Jose Gomes)
(H) 2-2 Lugo (Joaquin), (Drazic)
(A) 1-0 Huesca (OG)
(A) 2-0 Mirandes (Juan Villar), (Jose Gomes)

Current Standings
jantab_zpsctpk61qg.png

Real Valladolid

(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)

January - New Year, New Hope!
The New Year often brings with it a new sense of optimism and for Real Valladolid, it was something to cling on to as they looked to begin a surge back into playoff contention. On and off the field, it would prove to be a big month.

With the transfer window open, rumours began to swirl around the clubs key players, notably Roberto Soldado and a bid to take him to China. However it would be his antics on the pitch that wrote the first headline of the month as his late winner would secure the team a 2-1 home win against Mallorca.

That would be that though, as just days later Penitez would confirm his departure from the club after just 6 months, as a €20,000,000 deal would see him become the latest acquisition by the big spending Chinese at Jiangsu.

Fortunately a replacement was already in the pipeline and days before a home game with Girona, young Portuguese frontman Jose Gomes inked a deal to leave Benfica for just under €5,000,000. He would have an instant impact, coming on as a sub and scoring with 2 minutes to earn Valladolid a precious point against the playoff chasing Girona side.

Further deals made by Valladolid would see the enigmatic Dolly Menga leave to join Boavista, whilst hardman Alex Perez secured a move to Avellino in Serie B. But it would be the surprise €9,000,000 deal to sign Croatian veteran Vedran Corluka that sparked the most interest.

Corluka was listed by Fiorentina and with money to burn, would be enticed by Valladolid in an expensive deal. Corluka's addition would be swiftly followed by the teenager Sanchon who joined from Girona, whilst a further deal to try and bring Zahibo in from Gimnastic remained on the table.

For all the excitement of the transfer window, it would be the turnaround in their on field fortunes that took all the acclaim. A thrilling 2-2 draw with Lugo kept the mini unbeaten run going, before back to back away wins (including a pair of clean sheets) would give the team hope of a successful second half of the season.

A 1-0 win at Huesca thanks to a wild own goal got things going, before a comfortable 2-0 win at Mirandes and a 2nd goal for Jose Gomes added the cherry onto the January cake.

With the transfer window closing, February brings Elche, Cordoba and Getafe to the Jose Zorrilla. Whilst trips to UCAM Murcia and Leganes will test the teams resolve.

January Results
(H) 2-1 Mallorca (Juan Villar), (Soldado)
(H) 1-1 Girona (Jose Gomes)
(H) 2-2 Lugo (Joaquin), (Drazic)
(A) 1-0 Huesca (OG)
(A) 2-0 Mirandes (Juan Villar), (Jose Gomes)

Current Standings
jantab_zpsctpk61qg.png
Ha ha,that's a tough own goal

Had a gap down to Juventus,5pts clear after beating them away.
And now I had two more tough games.

Napoli away
Wish every game could be like this,tough,almost no space and a very good opponent.
They had me pinned down first half,lowest attacking level,just defending.
Then in the second I started to take over more and more,played more offensive than first half,created a few good chances,but ended 0-0
Great game,and still 3pts clear of Juventus

Torino away
Third straight home game,good thing Konami fixed the schedule....
This game was a no brainer,rigged from the start,couldn't get hold of the ball,they just dribbled past my tackles all night long,1-0 came in the 50th minute.
Then they backed off and I got hold off the ball more,pressed,created chances,post,crossbar,had 8 corners in 5-6 minutes.
Started to feel that I could acctually get a result in this one,scripting or no scripting.
Then in the 85th it was lights out,corner to them,the only attack they had the last 30 min of the game.
Since they protected the lead,only two players in my box,and they scored...
Took the loss,even though I almost turned off the game.
Good thing Juventus only drew,so still top of the league,with two points clear of Juventus.
Still shit that these games come every now and then.

Atalanta away Coppa Italia qtr finals first leg.
This game,pretty much like the one vs Napoli,fantastic,so hard,I had to switch levels of attack constantly and tactics to,they proved to be very hard to beat.
Got a goal on a nice little pass into the box and Mertens finished it clinically for 1-0
Rest of the game I played extremely defensive,just saw the game out.

Atalanta at home Coppa Italia qtr finals second leg.
Once again a very tough game,a game that I wouldn't be pissed off if I lost.
Tried to play as defensively as I could,when in possession,just play it around,keep possesion,if I had an opening,then go for it.
But Atalanta scored on me in the 60th,made it 1-0 on a header.
So plan b it was,moved my team up a bit started to play faster,more direct,more players in offense.
Sane ran down the wing,cut straight for goal shot,GK parried,Suso buried the rebound for 1-1.
Now,with 10 mins left they had to score,so space opened up.
Kept the ball as much as I could on their left wing,their defender there were very shaky,a few short passes and Bonaventura got some space and went tw goal,and placed it nicely for 2-1.
Final score AC Milan 2-1 Atalanta (3-1)
Next round the semis is vs Inter,good fun right?

My next two games are vs Fiorentina at home,then Benfica in the CL also at home

Master League Chapter 11: D2 Season 4 Do I reach promotion to D1???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

8th league game Vs Aston Vila (0-0)
My team is definitely suffering from lack of depth.
I had Will Hughes (my star CMF) back from injury with a grey arrow and decided to play him.
But in the start of the 2nd half he gets injured again and this time he is out for 4 weeks.
Beating Aston Vila 5-0 in the season opener now seems so long ago...where did that form go.

Well at least I still got the lead with a 4pt margin (over West Ham in 2nd), so all good for now.

9th league game Vs Norwich (2-1 win) [Special moment in this game!]
Aromga, my recent siging for LMF is really struggling to adapt. In WE9LE players start with low teamwork and then grow, but Aromga is really feeling sluggish and his crosses always fail to find the man even when they are unmarked, really disappointed with this signing.
Again the 4-0 trashing I applied Norwich in the first half of the season seems a distant memory now.
This time they open the scoring and I spend a big chunk of the game chasing the elusive equalizer. I finally get it but my players are exhausted.
We get to stoppage time and I'm sort of content with the draw and decide to bring on C Wood (the tall CF) and start crossing balls to him.
Then one of those magic PES moments happens. Aromga gets the ball in space on the left wing and I knock it fwd with the longest dash dribble and immediately power up a triple tap early cross (the along the round variety). Aromga completely miss hits it and I thing it will go straight at the keeper...
...but to my surprise and to the shock of everyone in the stadium the ball comes off like a rocket bounces in front of the keeper and goes into the net on the near post! I scream WTF! Keepers are very well done in this game, they are one of my favourite things about WE9LE, they make some super saves but never feel super human, and rarely make big mistakes.
But this is where PES shines. Sometimes that rare thing happens. Looking at the replay I see the keeper started to move a bit fwd (maybe the CPU registers my triple tap and tries to guess the cross...i don't know) except the cross comes off straight at the near post and curls beautifully into the ground with a lot of whip and smashes across the net. What a beautiful moment, something I had never seen happen in hundreds of hours playing PES5/WE9 over the years. Aromga gets vindicated with a fluke cross.
And thus I win with a freak goal in stoppage time =) magic =)

D2 Cup Semi Final Vs Aston Vila (1-0 loss at home)
I fought and fought in this game but I just couldn't score. It's one of those games where you find a way to miss every chance you create somehow...

It's going to be a tough away 2nd leg...

10th league game Vs Brighton (3-1 win)
The result doesn't tell the story at all. It was a nervy game tied 1-1 for the most part. Until I managed to break them on the counter attack.

I increase my league lead to 6 pts and West Ham drops to 3rd, I will rejoice if they don't make promotion =)

11th league game Vs Blackburn (1-0 loss)
Another one where they scored and I spent the rest of the game creating chance after chance but I just couldn't capitalize. I'm really missing my OMF Will Hughes.
He should be back from injury next week.

This loss drops my league lead to 3pts
1) Southampton (me) 24pts
2) Blackburn 21pts
3) West Ham 20pts

D2 Cup Semi Final Vs Aston Vila (3-1 win away)
What a comeback!
I score first. they tie. I score the 2-1 to get ahead on away goals and then defend the rest of the game getting a late 3-1 on the counter attack.
I'm in the D2 Cup final for the 1st time! (It will be agains Norwich)

12th league game Vs Leicester (1-0 loss)
OMG what a f**** game
I don't think I ever saw the CPU play so well on attack.
They played a really high defensive line, but i couldn't capitalize.
The game was so intense... puch counter puch.
Build up play was spectacular from both sides, only breaking down in the final 3rd where the defenders were sublime staling balls with clean tackles. Hardly any fouls at all. It really had a great flow to it. In the end they took it with a Ulloa header at near post.
With a game like this I don't even mind losing.

This match day completely changes the top of the table with only 2 matches left.

2) West Ham 23pts
3) Leicester 22pts

(Blackburn lost and is now out of the top 3)

Guess who I'm playing next...this is edge of your seats stuff!

13th league game Vs West Ham! (3-2 win)
The title / promotion decider really
This game had it all, deflected goals, double saves, fingertip onto the bar saves, free-kick goals. I went up 3-0 quickly in the first half and in the 2nd half I managed the pressure and they only scored the 2nd on minute 90.
The ref blows the whistle and my players go berserk it means that Leicester have not won adn I'm D2 Champion with one match to spare!
D1 here we come finally!

14th league game Vs Cardiff (2-1 loss)
With everything decided in the league I rest my main players for the Cup final that will close the season.
Its a game with no history really. I lose thats it =)

Final league Standings:
1) Southampton (me) 27pts
2) West Ham 26pts
3)Blackburn 24pts

I have the best defence (14 GC) and the best attack (27 GS)
Spano is the top scorer with 13 Goals
Fetfatzidis the top assister with 6 Assists and also the Overall best player of the league (he also has 7 goals)

Aromga my LMF keeps being a disappointment. His crosses into the box seem to keep going everywhere but to a team mate, he managed no more than a single assist in the half season he's been with us and that fluke goal from a cross.

Finances are solid 21,219 of 11,222
In the off season I might release a few old players and focus on a new star OMF and a good squad CF to give alternatives on the bench.

D2 Cup Final Vs Norwich (2-1 win)
We are heroes! I dominate the match for a 2-0 early lead.
They only really bother us in the final 10 minutes where they score from a near post header (seems I take a lot of goals this way) and then there is still a final panic with a goal moth scramble nearing minute 90. But Its over!

We win the double. Such a sweet sensation after all the struggles of past seasons.
PES at its best.
Not neading any money I book a few friendlies but this time against all the top teams in Europe so I can get some practice ahead of D1 start.

Next chapter:
Find out who I manage to sign in the off season and how I adapt to the new reality of D1 competition. =)

Master League Chapter 11: D2 Season 4 Do I reach promotion to D1???
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Difficulty: 6 stars (15min match time)

8th league game Vs Aston Vila (0-0)
My team is definitely suffering from lack of depth.
I had Will Hughes (my star CMF) back from injury with a grey arrow and decided to play him.
But in the start of the 2nd half he gets injured again and this time he is out for 4 weeks.
Beating Aston Vila 5-0 in the season opener now seems so long ago...where did that form go.

Well at least I still got the lead with a 4pt margin (over West Ham in 2nd), so all good for now.

9th league game Vs Norwich (2-1 win) [Special moment in this game!]
Aromga, my recent siging for LMF is really struggling to adapt. In WE9LE players start with low teamwork and then grow, but Aromga is really feeling sluggish and his crosses always fail to find the man even when they are unmarked, really disappointed with this signing.
Again the 4-0 trashing I applied Norwich in the first half of the season seems a distant memory now.
This time they open the scoring and I spend a big chunk of the game chasing the elusive equalizer. I finally get it but my players are exhausted.
We get to stoppage time and I'm sort of content with the draw and decide to bring on C Wood (the tall CF) and start crossing balls to him.
Then one of those magic PES moments happens. Aromga gets the ball in space on the left wing and I knock it fwd with the longest dash dribble and immediately power up a triple tap early cross (the along the round variety). Aromga completely miss hits it and I thing it will go straight at the keeper...
...but to my surprise and to the shock of everyone in the stadium the ball comes off like a rocket bounces in front of the keeper and goes into the net on the near post! I scream WTF! Keepers are very well done in this game, they are one of my favourite things about WE9LE, they make some super saves but never feel super human, and rarely make big mistakes.
But this is where PES shines. Sometimes that rare thing happens. Looking at the replay I see the keeper started to move a bit fwd (maybe the CPU registers my triple tap and tries to guess the cross...i don't know) except the cross comes off straight at the near post and curls beautifully into the ground with a lot of whip and smashes across the net. What a beautiful moment, something I had never seen happen in hundreds of hours playing PES5/WE9 over the years. Aromga gets vindicated with a fluke cross.
And thus I win with a freak goal in stoppage time =) magic =)

D2 Cup Semi Final Vs Aston Vila (1-0 loss at home)
I fought and fought in this game but I just couldn't score. It's one of those games where you find a way to miss every chance you create somehow...

It's going to be a tough away 2nd leg...

10th league game Vs Brighton (3-1 win)
The result doesn't tell the story at all. It was a nervy game tied 1-1 for the most part. Until I managed to break them on the counter attack.

I increase my league lead to 6 pts and West Ham drops to 3rd, I will rejoice if they don't make promotion =)

11th league game Vs Blackburn (1-0 loss)
Another one where they scored and I spent the rest of the game creating chance after chance but I just couldn't capitalize. I'm really missing my OMF Will Hughes.
He should be back from injury next week.

This loss drops my league lead to 3pts
2) Blackburn 21pts
3) West Ham 20pts

D2 Cup Semi Final Vs Aston Vila (3-1 win away)
What a comeback!
I score first. they tie. I score the 2-1 to get ahead on away goals and then defend the rest of the game getting a late 3-1 on the counter attack.
I'm in the D2 Cup final for the 1st time! (It will be agains Norwich)

12th league game Vs Leicester (1-0 loss)
OMG what a f**** game
I don't think I ever saw the CPU play so well on attack.
They played a really high defensive line, but i couldn't capitalize.
The game was so intense... puch counter puch.
Build up play was spectacular from both sides, only breaking down in the final 3rd where the defenders were sublime staling balls with clean tackles. Hardly any fouls at all. It really had a great flow to it. In the end they took it with a Ulloa header at near post.
With a game like this I don't even mind losing.

This match day completely changes the top of the table with only 2 matches left.

2) West Ham 23pts
3) Leicester 22pts

(Blackburn lost and is now out of the top 3)

Guess who I'm playing next...this is edge of your seats stuff!

13th league game Vs West Ham! (3-2 win)
The title / promotion decider really
This game had it all, deflected goals, double saves, fingertip onto the bar saves, free-kick goals. I went up 3-0 quickly in the first half and in the 2nd half I managed the pressure and they only scored the 2nd on minute 90.
The ref blows the whistle and my players go berserk it means that Leicester have not won adn I'm D2 Champion with one match to spare!
D1 here we come finally!

14th league game Vs Cardiff (2-1 loss)
With everything decided in the league I rest my main players for the Cup final that will close the season.
Its a game with no history really. I lose thats it =)

Final league Standings:
1) Southampton (me) 27pts
2) West Ham 26pts
3)Blackburn 24pts

I have the best defence (14 GC) and the best attack (27 GS)
Spano is the top scorer with 13 Goals
Fetfatzidis the top assister with 6 Assists and also the Overall best player of the league (he also has 7 goals)

Aromga my LMF keeps being a disappointment. His crosses into the box seem to keep going everywhere but to a team mate, he managed no more than a single assist in the half season he's been with us and that fluke goal from a cross.

Finances are solid 21,219 of 11,222
In the off season I might release a few old players and focus on a new star OMF and a good squad CF to give alternatives on the bench.

D2 Cup Final Vs Norwich (2-1 win)
We are heroes! I dominate the match for a 2-0 early lead.
They only really bother us in the final 10 minutes where they score from a near post header (seems I take a lot of goals this way) and then there is still a final panic with a goal moth scramble nearing minute 90. But Its over!

We win the double. Such a sweet sensation after all the struggles of past seasons.
PES at its best.
Not neading any money I book a few friendlies but this time against all the top teams in Europe so I can get some practice ahead of D1 start.

Next chapter:
Find out who I manage to sign in the off season and how I adapt to the new reality of D1 competition. =)
congratulations,well done son!
looking fw to your next season

Guys,

is there a way to have a free practice session with your exact ML team?

BTW, watching a recording of Flamengo vs. Corinthians from last weekend. The Brazilian league is inspiring. Corinthians obviously just scored a scripted goal to bottom corner from outside the box with their first shot.

Guys,

is there a way to have a free practice session with your exact ML team?

BTW, watching a recording of Flamengo vs. Corinthians from last weekend. The Brazilian league is inspiring. Corinthians obviously just scored a scripted goal to bottom corner from outside the box with their first shot.

Just save team data in the settings and when you go to pick a team for training it's down at the very end of the list.

Real Valladolid

February - Time is Running Out!
Another month in the books and yet more questions left unanswered as although Real Valladolid would begin February by extending their unbeaten run to 10 games, they would ultimately come apart at the end and leave themselves with a mountain to climb in the final 12 games.

A stunning 4-1 win at UCAM Murcia saw the month open up in style as all the goals were scored a in frantic 1st half of action. Back to back 1-1 draws at home to Elche and Cordoba kept things ticking over, as Jose Gomes continued his decent start to life in Spain.

Things then took a turn for the worse as Leganes came out on top in a 7-goal thriller, sealing the victory with an injury time header that left the visitors stunned. Before a collapse at home to Getafe saw the Madrid based side come back from 1-0 down, to win with ease 3-1.

With just 12 games left in the season and a 10pt gap to make up, the reality is that Valladolid will need to win 9 of their remaining games to hope they can squeeze in the backdoor. That challenge will start in March with trips to Gimnastic and Tenerife, before a home game with Real Zaragoza and then the derby at Numancia.

February Results
(A) 4-1 UCAM Murcia (Drazic), (Jose Gomes), (Valentin), (Joaquin)
(H) 1-1 Elche CF (Jose Gomes)
(H) 1-1 Cordoba (Alex)
(A) 3-4 Leganes (Andre Leao), (Juan Villar), (Awaziem)
(H) 1-3 Getafe (Juan Villar)

Current Standings
febstand_zpsn2vslcry.png

Last edited:
Ac Milan-Fiorentina
12th placed Fiorentina vs me,sad to see their decline,should be higher up.
A home game,and also no excuses,3pts needed,and 3points demanded.
Rainy and slow pitch,but I started out fairly defensively,got 1-0 on a fast counter attack,played a brought their midfield.
Felt that this game wasn't going anywhere,but than on a cross,their striker threw himself in front of my CB and got a foot on it for 1-1

Second half I decided to play more offensive,down their wings as much as possible,two crosses into their box made it 2-1 and 3-1 before the 60th minute.
Made a triple sub in the 65th,Sane/Mertens/Bacca out,and threw in Honda/Bonaventura/Locatelli and pretty much saw the game out.
3-1 me
And Juve had a draw so I'm 4pts ahead after 28 games.

AC Milan-Benfica Champions League last 32 game 1

This game was a no contest,should have been referee stops contest early on.
I pretty much killed them,fast direct passing through their midfield had me up by 3-0 before HT.
Scored 4-0 in the closing minutes aswell.
Promising for the next leg,hopefully I can rest a few players.
Here's the 2-0 goal

Next two games are away to Sampdoria and Bologna.
Tricky games

Real Valladolid

February - Time is Running Out!
Another month in the books and yet more questions left unanswered as although Real Valladolid would begin February by extending their unbeaten run to 10 games, they would ultimately come apart at the end and leave themselves with a mountain to climb in the final 12 games.

A stunning 4-1 win at UCAM Murcia saw the month open up in style as all the goals were scored a in frantic 1st half of action. Back to back 1-1 draws at home to Elche and Cordoba kept things ticking over, as Jose Gomes continued his decent start to life in Spain.

Things then took a turn for the worse as Leganes came out on top in a 7-goal thriller, sealing the victory with an injury time header that left the visitors stunned. Before a collapse at home to Getafe saw the Madrid based side come back from 1-0 down, to win with ease 3-1.

With just 12 games left in the season and a 10pt gap to make up, the reality is that Valladolid will need to win 9 of their remaining games to hope they can squeeze in the backdoor. That challenge will start in March with trips to Gimnastic and Tenerife, before a home game with Real Zaragoza and then the derby at Numancia.

February Results
(A) 4-1 UCAM Murcia (Drazic), (Jose Gomes), (Valentin), (Joaquin)
(H) 1-1 Elche CF (Jose Gomes)
(H) 1-1 Cordoba (Alex)
(A) 3-4 Leganes (Andre Leao), (Juan Villar), (Awaziem)
(H) 1-3 Getafe (Juan Villar)

Current Standings
to follow, photobucket not loading for me
Ha ha,great stuff,that happened to me to (almost) played Napoli and Reina took the freekick,Donnarumma my GK saved,and tried to go for goal on the following kick,saved by their CB a few yards before the goal line

Back
Top Bottom