The Euro 2020 Thread

Thinking of putting few pennies on France Germany; what's your prediction?
I am betting on France being up at half time and then losing, and vice versa. This sort of betting has gotten me nowhere in this tournament, but it earned me a few bob at the end of the prem

First day of football related withdrawals,just 2 games instead of 3.
Same issue when the group stage is finished every championships,it feel a bit empty going from 3 to 2 games pe night

The Seville Heist.
Starring Robin Olsen

Well impressed with Isak, thought he was the best forward on the pitch. Heard lots about him before when Dortmund signed him but it evidently didn't work out there but he's gone on to do well in Spain. First time I'd really seen and was really impressed. Every time he got hold of it he looked like he could make something happen, really quick feet and how on earth Berg missed that chance he set up I don't know.

A day to reflect on the Scotland game. Down to individual error/brilliant and lapses of concentration in the end. One hopes the return of Tierney - comfortably our best player in my opinion - comes very soon. He galvanises that whole back line and provides that link between defence and midfield. I would imagine there will be a number of changes in shape and personnel for the England game. Adams has to start.

Some great saves from the Czech keeper too, although possibly the player's should have done better with the chances, particularly the one he saved with his feet when there was a fair bit of room to give him no chance. Robertson - Soufal battle was a good one and a nice touch when they shook hands after one battle, you could see the mutual respect. I was surprised Adams didn't start, he looked dangerous once he was on and although he might play for our inbred neighbours (club wise I'm talking about, not Scotland by the way in case that was misconstrued! :LOL: ) I think he's had a decent season.

Is Tierney likely to be fit for Friday? He seems to have been dogged with injury problems this season.

On a slight tangent did anyone see the Colombian free kick goal from the another night? Absolutely brilliant.

Well impressed with Isak, thought he was the best forward on the pitch. Heard lots about him before when Dortmund signed him but it evidently didn't work out there but he's gone on to do well in Spain. First time I'd really seen and was really impressed. Every time he got hold of it he looked like he could make something happen, really quick feet and how on earth Berg missed that chance he set up I don't know.

Some great saves from the Czech keeper too, although possibly the player's should have done better with the chances, particularly the one he saved with his feet when there was a fair bit of room to give him no chance. Robertson - Soufal battle was a good one and a nice touch when they shook hands after one battle, you could see the mutual respect. I was surprised Adams didn't start, he looked dangerous once he was on and although he might play for our inbred neighbours (club wise I'm talking about, not Scotland by the way in case that was misconstrued! :LOL: ) I think he's had a decent season.

Is Tierney likely to be fit for Friday? He seems to have been dogged with injury problems this season.

On a slight tangent did anyone see the Colombian free kick goal from the another night? Absolutely brilliant.

Straight off the training ground! It was so aesthetically pleasing

Isak is going places,bigger stages awaiting I think.
Swedish first div at 16,then Dortmund at 17,loaned out to the Dutch league,now his 2nd season in La liga,17 g this season.
Pretty sure it's a top 4 La Liga team next season for him.
The only player from aik that I don't hate to my guts

Last edited:
:BSCARF::DANCE:Allez Allez Allez Les bleux! Or something like this. My frensh yea problems with the language but very good with the other frensh.

Löw can't keep his hands off his nose, it's a miracle if he manages to not get Covid

0e7870ead32a57dc8e828c52095cd7bbc25ac1e32eee278800472dffd4a22fc8.gif

Must've been all that ball sniffing at previous tournaments that provided him an immunity

824b080a4abd8a9e939ba428e9fbc937d93a5febcfd27aeee9ecb0a5d68647cd.gif

France will certainly win this EK, but their football leaves me totally indifferent. Very strong team, but boring as hell imo. Pogba was really good yesterday.
And i have the same feeling about Portugal, lots of great players but i don't like their football (but that third goal was a thin of beauty).

France will certainly win this EK, but their football leaves me totally indifferent. Very strong team, but boring as hell imo. Pogba was really good yesterday.
And i have the same feeling about Portugal, lots of great players but i don't like their football (but that third goal was a thin of beauty).
France do look like they will take all the beating. However i think your boys Stan have a good chance. Lukaku impressed me in the first game.

Since he has been @ inter, he has developed into a more dangerous streamlined looking striker. I think the golden boot will most probably be between him & Mbappe imo.

I agree, since Deschamps took over our team is quite boring to watch (outside of rare moments of brilliance). Their is no other ambition than defend well and counter attack (and win) unfortunately. Nothing to do with the team he was a member of back in 98-2000.

I agree, since Deschamps took over our team is quite boring to watch (outside of rare moments of brilliance). Their is no other ambition than defend well and counter attack (and win) unfortunately. Nothing to do with the team he was a member of back in 98-2000.
'98 are same as 2018, counter power and defensive rock. 2000-2006 was the best balance imo.
Germany was great yesterday, we have to doesn't forget that. France just can keep the ball possession not longer than 30s.

Personally I prefer watch a team who defend and play the counter tactic than a team who stay with the ball and make us sleeping... #Spain

'98 are same as 2018, counter power and defensive rock. 2000-2006 was the best balance imo.
Germany was great yesterday, we have to doesn't forget that. France just can keep the ball possession not longer than 30s.

Personally I prefer watch a team who defend and play the counter tactic than a team who stay with the ball and make us sleeping... #Spain
:TU:
not bad... for the future european champions! 🇩🇪

:D

Last edited:
Yeah France don't seem to have much in terms of strategy, but they have all the qualities you need to get by regardless. Obscene amounts of individual technique and athleticism.

As a neutral I'd like to see sexy football but I can't really begrudge any international team for being a little dull. Tough to create a cohesive unit and it's about getting the job done. Hi Greece 2004!

France just can keep the ball possession not longer than 30s.

They can, they just don't want to and with that front three + Pogba, they don't even need to unfortunately.

Yeah France don't seem to have much in terms of strategy

I think they do. Defend the box (which they did amazingly) and then hope one or two inevitable counters will be enough for their talented individuals to score. Not great to watch but effective. They have the best defensive personnel. By far.
They scored off a set piece too.

Back
Top Bottom