The Euro 2020 Thread

Just turned into this Match seeing Erikson laying on the Pitch with wide opened Eyes. It was the most shocking Moment i have ever seen in a Football Game, in 52 Years. Had Tears in my Eyes, but it seems that he is in a stable Condition.
Only time I remember I saw something similar was when Fabrice Muamba collapsed. Absolutely horrible to see.

@Cesc Fabregas yea i remember it was a similar Situation. But that he showed no response for such a long Time while they reanimated him was really shocking for me. But it seems that it will turn into a good End. And i will have a Beer...:BEER:

@Cesc Fabregas yea i remember it was a similar Situation. But that he showed no response for such a long Time while they reanimated him was really shocking for me. But it seems that it will turn into a good End. And i will have a Beer...:BEER:
Was even worse for Muamba. Took 78 minutes to reanimate him but thanks god English media that time was more responsible and didn't show so much.

Yeah the team got the news that Christian was ok at the hospital and the teams wants to play for him.
I think it's the right decision,and more importantly,it's their decision!

I don’t get it. I am done for tonight... what the actual F is going on?!
Or is it more supporting and appropriate watching the second halve?! I don’t think so.
Still I’m in a shocked mood. Match goes on. 😳
There are (unconfirmed) reports that Eriksen spoke with the team via Facetime and wanted them to continue. I start to believe that it's true, otherwise it would be very weird.

The Finland scorer was about to go mad over his goal but then suddenly realized it was best to maybe not do that. First ever big tourney goal for Finland

I am very happy that Eriksen is back to life and he is fine. I was watching the game at min 35 and closed the channel to study. Thank god I didn't see it. I remember the day Miklos Feher died and was so saddened over that as a kid.

Being alive is the most important blessing in this life.

Happy for Finland and the two Leverkusen players, but I don't think the match was top priority for the Danes.

Only time I remember I saw something similar was when Fabrice Muamba collapsed. Absolutely horrible to see.
I was on the Morumbi stands in the game in which Serginho collapsed in 2004. Unfortunately back then (and especially in a shitty f**ed up country like Brazil) there was no defibrillator in the stadium, and he didn't make it. It was terrible to see it... something I'll never forget, in the worst sense possible :CRY:

Today it was the same... I was just hoping he made it, and fortunately he did. What a relief...

It would've hit hard if the worst had happened, given the context. On Friday night I was emotional, because for the first time in over a year I felt as if everything was right in the world. Like when Scotland qualified in November and gave the nation a lift, it felt like the continental or even global equivalent.

If - within the space of 24 hours - we then witnessed surely the most high-profile on-field tragedy in the history of the game it would've shattered that.

Although in hindsight, now he's pulled through, it was heartening to see the universal outpouring of sympathy and respect. In a world where people actively seek division such perspective was welcome, even if it was short-lived and in dire circumstances.

Very glad he's pulled through. Such a great player, the kind everyone likes and wants to see.

I didn't see the game, i tried to watch it around halfway through the 2nd half. Only to find there was nothing on the channel, so i went searching to find out why the game had been stopped. Wish i hadn't. It was shocking!

Not wanting to start any debate as it's not the place but yesterday was a perfect example, with all those medics who saved Eriksen, of the real people who should be looked up to as the heroes of society and not some two bit reality "stars" that are idolised and looked upon as role models for some bizarre reason.

Not the most tragic obviously, but maybe the most surprising victims of the pandemic are these great away kits for Italy and Switzerland:

italy.jpg
swiss.jpg
The possible saving grace of the current away kit for Italy is the mismatched colors in the center strip, the only tiny bit of character in the dull design.

Attachments

• BE44.jpg
    BE44.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 83440267.jpg
    83440267.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 14
If I got it correct in some countries you have issues with Euro being streaming in non-free channels?

I will post here the link from the Greek private free channel that broadcasts the Euro 2020 in Greece, in case anyone is desperate enough and doesn't have free channel in his country.

Just to clarify last time I shared Greek streaming of Copa America with @mattmid and @WhoAteMeDinner they could not watch from a nonGreek IP. They were watching plain advertisements the same time me with Greek IP I was watching the match.

Of course the commentary is Greek.

https://www.antenna.gr/Live

England players seem to be up to the task but Sterling looks barely arsed.
Kalvin Philips really good in the first half.

Last edited:
North Macedonia played very well tonight, they should be proud, in particular Enis Bardhi. I thought he played great today. Sabitzer also had a good match

Really impressed with Phillips today, easily man of the match for me. I thought we started really well but faded. Although Trippier did well enough we have two perfectly good LB's who could be playing there and going outside of Sterling who is always going to cut in. With Trippier being right footed we lost that. Ironically we spent most of the game attacking from the left and barely got Foden into the game after he hit the post early on.

Croatia look a shadow of what they once were although Modric is still a class act, but he has little to play with.

They were watching plain advertisements the same time me with Greek IP I was watching the match.

Rumour has it those ads are still on!

Game of the tournament - and goal of the tournament, without a shadow of a doubt (so far)

First time the Dutch won in the EURO final tournament since June 17th, 2008 (2-0 vs Romania).

Leipzig didn't even exist then!

Back
Top Bottom