The Euro 2020 Thread

Finally picked up a bit in the second half at least. @rockstrongo what's the feeling for Denmark v Finland from a Swedish point of view - hope both lose? Is there a rivalry with Finland at all, I imagine there is a much bigger one with Denmark.

Finally picked up a bit in the second half at least. @rockstrongo what's the feeling for Denmark v Finland from a Swedish point of view - hope both lose? Is there a rivalry with Finland at all, I imagine there is a much bigger one with Denmark.
Yeah it picked up and became really good!
Nah,no rivalry Vs Finland,massive in ice hockey though.
I'm hoping for a Danish win,but the underdog bone in me wants a upset.
Football has always been miniscule in Finland up until 15-20 years ago,Jari Litmanen had a lot to do with that,brilliant player.
Got voted "best foreign player" in the Dutch league (through history)ahead of a lot of great players (Romario/Ronaldo)

I'm looking fw to the Dan v Fin game a lot

@rockstrongo Yeah I remember Litmanen, great player. Looking forward to it too, not sure I've ever seen Finland play other than a rare game against England.

I just got in from work and was freaking out from not finding the game on TV, felt embarrassed when I heard the news. What an absolute nightmare, I hope Eriksen pulls through, I have only seen one image of his teammates reacting and it is heart breaking.

Not knowing what the current situation is brings me to tears. Man... that’s not real!!

🙏

And those fucking cameras catching his wife... multiple times. Disgusting!!!
And sad. Man...

Last edited:
It's a Getty professional media photo now, so that's verified. That was very distressing to watch

Players need proper break. They are used like cattles, training and playing all year long and pumped full of dopes

It's a Getty professional media photo now, so that's verified. That was very distressing to watch

Players need proper break. They are used like cattles, training and playing all year long and pumped full of dopes

Not proven its because of that. Lets wait for news if there will be any.
Also there are players who play at their own risk despite their condition and what club doctors suggest.

Not knowing what the current situation is brings me to tears. Man... that’s not real!!

🙏

And those fucking cameras catching his wife... multiple times. Disgusting!!!
And sad. Man...
Damn, that broadcast director needs to be fired asap

Not proven its because of that. Lets wait for news if there will be any.
Also there are players who play at their own risk despite their condition and what club doctors suggest.
By verified I mean it's a photo taken professionally by a field photographer, not a doctored or taken by some nobodies, not verified that's he's safe
About players, I have accepted that Marcus Rashford will become the new Batigol in terms of injuries by the time he reaches 28

In Danish
He's conscious and undergoing check-up
Seems to be ok.

The worst thing that I've seen on a pitch.
TV should be ashamed for not pulling the plug when he collapsed and eyes were rolling around,and zooming in on his wife, like BBC did...wtf.
❤️🇩🇰

In Danish
He's conscious and undergoing check-up
Seems to be ok.

The worst thing that I've seen on a pitch.
TV should be ashamed for not pulling the plug when he collapsed and eyes were rolling around,and zooming in on his wife, like BBC did...wtf.
❤️🇩🇰
Global broadcasters may be blamed for not cutting to blank screen/studio earlier, but the feed they all used is one single UEFA feed, so that's on UEFA

Global broadcasters may be blamed for not cutting to blank screen/studio earlier, but the feed they all used is one single UEFA feed, so that's on UEFA
Yeah,my mistake.
They have procedures when it comes to people pitching,but not this.

Yeah,my mistake.
They have procedures when it comes to people pitching,but not this.
FOM nailed it with their NSFW procedures, but that may be down to motorsports in general being so much riskier than football. It's ridiculous how quickly they cut streakers but not this

Just turned into this Match seeing Erikson laying on the Pitch with wide opened Eyes. It was the most shocking Moment i have ever seen in a Football Game, in 52 Years. Had Tears in my Eyes, but it seems that he is in a stable Condition.

FOM nailed it with their NSFW procedures, but that may be down to motorsports in general being so much riskier than football. It's ridiculous how quickly they cut streakers but not this
Yeah,or if a footballer pulls his jersey over his head and has a msg on his jersey under.

I remember as a kid when the Swedish F1 driver died in Italy after crash just after the start,they kept filming when the car burned etc,nice to know that motorsports has different procedures nowadays

So that makes the 4th person related to Ajax collapsing. Nouri, Sno, Daley Blind, now Eriksen. I reckon the water supply at world's top football academies may taste a bit funny

Back
Top Bottom