The Euro 2020 Thread

0e7870ead32a57dc8e828c52095cd7bbc25ac1e32eee278800472dffd4a22fc8.gif

824b080a4abd8a9e939ba428e9fbc937d93a5febcfd27aeee9ecb0a5d68647cd.gif
🤮🙈

Pretty sure Pogba has a twin brother who plays for United.
Anyway, Rudiger has to have a ban incoming.
its all done already... no ban no nothing. Pogba is cool with it, FIFA as well.

“He hasn't received any card, I think it's better like this. I don't want him to be suspended because of such a situation. At the end of the match we hugged each other and that's it.”
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pogba-rudiger-bite-euro-2020-24328124

Rüdiger was just nibbling a bit because Pogba's performance was so delicious! ;)

Last edited:
Trust me, in my country, France real really want to keep the ball 😅 yesterday they can't! That was Germany, not Feroe Island!

May be they want, but they rarely managed to do so in the recent past against somehow "similarly" skilled teams ( ).
They certainly have the personal to play a bit more attractive football.

But I agree Germany played really well yesterday, just may be not good enough in the last third (who was filled with 11 French players, old school Burnley style. Look at that heatmap: )

Rudiger seems a bit of a loose cannon this season, he took out De Bruyne in the CL final with a really cynical block and has been involved in quite a few sort of head to head moments during the past season rounding it off with last night's bizarre incident.

@Isslander Surely Utd should have figured out by now to make him wear his France shirt underneath!

I have to say I really enjoyed the Germany v France game last night and going just from that game anyone that can beat France in the knockout stages should end up winning it. They've got the lot really, pace, power, strong defence, goals up front and the omnipotent being that is Kante in midfield.

That race between Hummels and a five yards back Mbappe was unbelievable last night, but fair play to Hummels for sticking at it and getting his foot in to tackle.

Germany played well enough I thought but lack a goalscorer it seems. Wonder if Klose is keeping himself fit? :D

I'm pretty sure Portugal will finish above Germany in this group.
Germany with a good possession,but clueless up front.
Way to static,felt sorry for all the great passes Kroos had leading to pretty much nothing

Doesn't matter anymore of course, but am I the only one who sees the penalty for Wales as a clear dive from Bale? He took off and then hits the defenders leg. No way he tried to get past him with the ball. I can't help it, but in my perception of football scenes likes these are just lousy cheating.

I'm sure this is a question asked many times........ what do Switzerland bring to ANY tournament? Definition of a "Make up the numbers" team.

Seferovic couldn't score to save his life

I'm sure this is a question asked many times........ what do Switzerland bring to ANY tournament? Definition of a "Make up the numbers" team.

Their pressing was good, asked some questions of Bonucci & co. but other than that......

Thought Sommer was decent against Wales, he only shot himself in the foot with that third

I'm also gutted about Seferovic, he's a player I used to like (along with Bürki which as far as I know hasn't even been called up)... I don't know what happened to him honestly.
I'm starting to get impressed by Italy but not by the results, by the way we handle difficult situations. Yesterday there was a time in which Switzerland would press us very high, even in our box. The "classic" Italy approach would've been "hoof the ball as far as possible then try to win it back" but we managed to escape the pressing with very good, short and confident passing. That was a thing.

It's just one of those teams where they have credible individual players domestically but as a nation they just don't have that spark or anything that resembles a threat or makes them a treat to watch.

I'm also gutted about Seferovic, he's a player I used to like (along with Bürki which as far as I know hasn't even been called up)... I don't know what happened to him honestly.
I'm starting to get impressed by Italy but not by the results, by the way we handle difficult situations. Yesterday there was a time in which Switzerland would press us very high, even in our box. The "classic" Italy approach would've been "hoof the ball as far as possible then try to win it back" but we managed to escape the pressing with very good, short and confident passing. That was a thing.
That was very, very impressive.

Italians still like to roll around on the ground, but they sure are scoring a lot
their pre tournament streak/run seems to go on... lets see for how long! :BOP:
na, they really played 2 good games, surprisingly good, imo!

its really insane, when i think about it, Donnarumma being in the national squad for 5 years already (age 22!!!)! amazing, this guy! And Gigi is singing another contract in the age of 45 (2nd div.)!! :APPLAUD: you gotta have some love for those 2! i do! :TU:

edit: Gigi is 43! sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom