The Euro 2020 Thread

:D if i was a fan of a "weel known" team that "needs" to win a trophy so bad... man, id go crazy! :LOL: i'd take the day off and the day after as well, just to be sure!

i can fully understand how the british fans must feel right now, its a weird feeling in the guts, kinda...! no belly ache, just different!

well, i'm with all the fans tonight! you guys, whatever team you do support, ENJOY!!! :APPLAUD:

There's that B-word again. Although I think most British football fans will have had feelings in their guts today. 😄

Wow, I... certainly didn't want anyone to be banned! :SHOCK:

I was just pissed because of the way we are seen now in the rest of the world thanks to what that twat Immobile did against Belgium -- I don't like him, and I never did, ever since he played for us at Genoa

While it's undeniable that we didn't deserve to win -- we allowed Spain to dominate the whole game -- I don't think we blatantly cheated this time

I don't like we won on PKs either, I'd rather we won in regulation, or even extra time (still feel bad about it for 2006, they should scrap them and do like they did in the MLS' early years)

I like to consider myself an objective football fan: some of my fellow Genoa fans are just fanatics, the referee is always biased against us, we play brilliantly even though we lose 8-0 and have 1% possession, opponents are always diving and when we do it has to be a foul for us, yada yada yada

Needless to say, when I (always) point out that they're wrong, I can see in their eyes that they basically want to tell me to fuck off

Gonna support England tonight -- not only because I've been singing "Three Lions" in my head for weeks now (and I'm not even English!), but because I think you fans deserve it after all those years of hurt

Sunday though, it's another story -- let the best team win! :)

Wow, I... certainly didn't want anyone to be banned! :SHOCK:

I was just pissed because of the way we are seen now in the rest of the world thanks to what that twat Immobile did against Belgium -- I don't like him, and I never did, ever since he played for us at Genoa

While it's undeniable that we didn't deserve to win -- we allowed Spain to dominate the whole game -- I don't think we blatantly cheated this time

I don't like we won on PKs either, I'd rather we won in regulation, or even extra time (still feel bad about it for 2006, they should scrap them and do like they did in the MLS' early years)

I like to consider myself an objective football fan: some of my fellow Genoa fans are just fanatics, the referee is always biased against us, we play brilliantly even though we lose 8-0 and have 1% possession, opponents are always diving and when we do it has to be a foul for us, yada yada yada

Needless to say, when I (always) point out that they're wrong, I can see in their eyes that they basically want to tell me to fuck off

Gonna support England tonight -- not only because I've been singing "Three Lions" in my head for weeks now (and I'm not even English!), but because I think you fans deserve it after all those years of hurt

Sunday though, it's another story -- let the best team win! :)

You're right with no blatant cheating and - with that - Italy deserved it. Unless there was some sort of curse on Oyarzabal, Olmo and Morata...

Only one (sometimes two) stat determines who deserves to win a game:

Screenshot_20210707-174557_FotMob Pro.jpg

I get it with Aberdeen fans too - even my own dad in the aftermath of the game leaving the stadium, and have done for nearly 20 years. "Ref was shite... We should've won... Had three great chances to win it...". Yes, father, the ref was shite, you either win or you don't, and we missed all three so didn't deserve anything.

Free-Lions-Beer.jpg

Hear Me Roar

I would be very surprised if Denmark would sit back under this coach, Chris. They will attack.
They will. loose or win they'll do themselves proud.
I believe they'll force England to show full force.
If England defends with 11 players on their own half again I'd like to see them getting punished for it.
Italy - England in the final is beautifull but it reminds me of 2010 when the dutch met spain in the final.
If it wasn't for Iniesta that 2010 dutch squad would've been considered better or at least more effective than the 1974 squad.
Each tournament we than would've been looking for a new nigel de jong...
It was Iniesta who saved us from this and reminded us dutch of our legacy.
To use @Maffiamurderbag 's words I would've liked a bit of Gazza of this England squad.
Hopefully Denmark forces the Gazza out of you.
It would sting a bit but is very healthy on the long run.

One of my brothers is in Turkey at the moment, as they are two hours ahead if I ring him now he can let me know how we're getting on in the first half. :BLINK::D

If England defends with 11 players on their own half again I'd like to see them getting punished for it.

To be totally honest so would I. If we lose tonight playing like that then what a waste of a chance.

Denmark unchanged and just the one change then for England.

Nothing against Sancho, but pleased to see Saka back in. I'm convinced he's going to be a real top class player. Looked like he'd been playing for years when he made his Arsenal debut and similar for England. Seems to be humble and have a great attitude as well so hopefully he'll avoid the pitfalls on the way.

Still worried about the Maehle/Walker battle though and whether we're going to get outnumbered in midfield

Denmark unchanged and just the one change then for England.

Nothing against Sancho, but pleased to see Saka back in. I'm convinced he's going to be a real top class player. Looked like he'd been playing for years when he made his Arsenal debut and similar for England. Seems to be humble and have a great attitude as well so hopefully he'll avoid the pitfalls on the way.

Still worried about the Maehle/Walker battle though and whether we're going to get outnumbered in midfield
Kyle Walker... : P

Gareth- sub bench mate!
I don't want to question him after everything he's achieved so far but WHY ARE THEY NOT ON ALREADY?? IT MAKES LITERALLY NO SENSE.

This is UNBEARABLE. The game is on a knife edge. Denmark playing absolutely superbly.

Never a penalty. Never.

I want us to win it but if we do, that will always be held against us - and rightly so.

Talk about "clear and obvious"...
If it was a pen it was more because of Jensen. But Sterling "fell" because of Maehle's move...and fell on Jensen.

VAR for you. Clearly doesnt make any difference.

Back
Top Bottom