The Euro 2020 Thread

Hungary has probably already shut down broadcasts from the Euros because of the rainbow adboards, they don't want all the kids turning gay from seeing all those colours
I'm surprised they allowed it in the Dutch - Czech match in Budapest. Orban was probably going MENTAL!

I'm surprised they allowed it in the Dutch - Czech match in Budapest. Orban was probably going MENTAL!
The UEFA has to keep up appearences so they first forbade rainbow flags/ signs when the fans were on the street.
then 3 minuts prior starting the game they suddenly allowed those flags/signs,
Its hypocrisy from the top shelf.

I'm biting my lip here but don't underestimate the swedes and the danes.
Aye, I've been saying this before the Germany game when our media are assuming we're certainly through if we beat Germany because the opposition after that aren't as accomplished.

There's no such thing as an easy game in tournament football, whoever we play the quarters or semi's if we get there are there for a reason. Not because they've fluked their way there.

It's not an easy side of the bracket, I remember once Greece beat France in the Quarters, Czech & Portugal both though they could do better than the defending champions and they underestimated them too.
We've not conceded at the tournament so far (the only team still in it for whom that is the case), and now we've beaten you guys - one of the strongest teams, and one of the favourites - in a tournament, for the first time in over 50 years.

I don't agree with Southgate's decisions but they have resulted in the above, and he's the expert (as much as I'd like to think I had an idea of what I was talking about)... He has proved me wrong. Sometimes you can disagree with someone but have to concede that they have done the right things.

You've won all the games against us in tournaments. Let us have this one, eh...
Yeah this is very true, it reminds me of Sven in a lot of ways too that, while he was often scrutinised, he always got us to these tournaments and always got us into the knockout stages too, not to say they make choices we may not agree with, at the end of the day, they have more credentials to do their job then i ever have and when it comes to their team selection, they're spending every day in that training camp with those players and see things we don't see. So we have to respect his decision making in the realm that there has to be some reasoning behind them.

It's just a shame to see so many empty seats at Hampden for a big game in Sweden & Ukraine's football history. A knockout stage fixture should be a big occasion for both sets of supporters but even if there was no Covid regulations, the idea of expecting fans to travel across the continent on short notice to follow their team because of a marketing ploy from UEFA is bullshit.

It's just a shame to see so many empty seats at Hampden for a big game in Sweden & Ukraine's football history. A knockout stage fixture should be a big occasion for both sets of supporters but even if there was no Covid regulations, the idea of expecting fans to travel across the continent on short notice to follow their team because of a marketing ploy from UEFA is bullshit.
Yeah

Back
Top Bottom