The Euro 2020 Thread

England may not be playing football champagne, but being unbeaten, 0 goals taken in the whole tourney and knocking off Germany all talks for itself.. rock solid. Now that Kane also broke the ice they probably are the big favourites for the final win or at least to reach the final.

I can't actually believe it. Slightly worried how this feels like a final win - I hope they still have something in the tank for Saturday - but OH MY GOD.

As much as I hate how negative we can be, Southgate has just earnt himself a lot of respect.

Yeah to be fair,my first memories of WC/EC football goes back to -74 in West Germany.
This,and 2018 is the worst Germany I've seen.

I can't actually believe it. Slightly worried how this feels like a final win - I hope they still have something in the tank for Saturday - but OH MY GOD.

As much as I hate how negative we can be, Southgate has just earnt himself a lot of respect.
That doesn’t make sense when I recap all the bs that was talked about him. What a mood swing! ^^

What did England actually do tonight?!
It was a bad match from booth teams. We were even worse. Nothing to brag for the Brit’s, nothing to “catch” from this game to take over to the next one!

Yeah, pretty upset german talking... I admit. Let’s see how they move on... and let me ask you, what makes you confident for future matches in this tournament?!

It was a bad match from booth teams. We were even worse. Nothing to brag for the Brit’s, nothing to “catch” from this game to take over to the next one!

Yeah, pretty upset german talking... I admit. Let’s see how they move on... and let me ask you, what makes you confident for future matches in this tournament?!

I agree with all that. I think part of it is actually beating Germany in a tournament for once. Don't worry I'm already thinking we'll go out to Sweden or Ukraine. :LOL: Been here too many times before!

I'm biting my lip here but don't underestimate the swedes and the danes.

I think they have a great chance of winning it. They have goals in the team, solid at the back, play as a team and have Eriksen to win it for as well.

I agree with all that. I think part of it is actually beating Germany in a tournament for once. Don't worry I'm already thinking we'll go out to Sweden or Ukraine. :LOL: Been here too many times before!

I think they have a great chance of winning it. They have goals in the team, solid at the back, play as a team and have Eriksen to win it for as well.
The swedes are interesting beacause they have their wings covered up, and have total unpredictability up front.
The danes can take controll of midfield overlap wingbacks and just don't give a ....
Both teams play with lot of heart.
These are both questions Southgate has to answer.
You have crazy power and quality but look pretty repetitive at times.

Last edited:
That doesn’t make sense when I recap all the bs that was talked about him. What a mood swing! ^^

We've not conceded at the tournament so far (the only team still in it for whom that is the case), and now we've beaten you guys - one of the strongest teams, and one of the favourites - in a tournament, for the first time in over 50 years.

I don't agree with Southgate's decisions but they have resulted in the above, and he's the expert (as much as I'd like to think I had an idea of what I was talking about)... He has proved me wrong. Sometimes you can disagree with someone but have to concede that they have done the right things.

You've won all the games against us in tournaments. Let us have this one, eh...

It was a bad match from booth teams
So true. It was a hard match to watch.
I was expecting great watch, but it was very cagey.
Someone mentioned Greece 2004 and it felt kinda like that.
In fact - I was searching for "falling asleep gif" when they scored the first one.. :LOL:
Was it because both teams were so afraid of one another, or because they are both in poor form - we shall see soon enough..

We've not conceded at the tournament so far (the only team still in it for whom that is the case), and now we've beaten you guys - one of the strongest teams, and one of the favourites - in a tournament, for the first time in over 50 years.

I don't agree with Southgate's decisions but they have resulted in the above, and he's the expert (as much as I'd like to think I had an idea of what I was talking about)... He has proved me wrong. Sometimes you can disagree with someone but have to concede that they have done the right things.

There comes a moment Southgate has to show creativity...

I don't agree with Southgate's decisions but they have resulted in the above, and he's the expert (as much as I'd like to think I had an idea of what I was talking about)...

See, I’m still in the present. As me, PRO_TOO, what happens in the past be sentimental spirit, but it’s worth nothing today!!

I can absolutely feel ya, believe me!! And it sure feels good to you as a Brit, but have a look at how you achieved this win. ;)

Well, if my team had won this, and were suffering for years, I’d take a win, however it comes, gladly. Im with you on that.

Guess I’m still upset... can’t get my head as sorted as I want! So please let me get to that in detail later.

Edit: where have we been strong in this tournament? That 4:2 win against Portugal was just cosmetics. We’ve been under level the whole tournament!!

I'm biting my lip here but don't underestimate the swedes and the danes.
I know mate, the rock already knows i rate sweden as our hard to beat team. Also let's be honest here, all teams have got this far on merit.

I agree With Pro Too in as both teams wasn't outstanding, but credit due.. it is what it is and four clean sheets on the bounce, but like i have said and will say it again (Greece 2004) winning pretty isn't on the menu for England.

The swedes are interesting beacause they have their wings covered up,
The danes can take controll of midfield both questions Southgate has to answer.
You have crazy power and quality but look pretty repetitive at times.

Sweden are a very hard team to beat I think, it's always a struggle when we play them. I think I'd rather play Ukraine although they can't be underestimated either but I hope Sweden go through tonight for @rockstrongo

I find us very frustrating to watch. As far as I can recall we got in three crosses from our wing backs tonight in 90 minutes. First half from Trippier when Maguire wasted a great chance with a poor header, then I think Trippier hit the first man with one and then other one Shaw set up Sterling for his goal. Kane hasn't been great but with such lack of service it's hardly surprising he's barely had a shot all tournament. The talent is there but it just seems to be so reigned in. I guess the test will come when we go behind for the first time.

So true. It was a hard match to watch.
I was expecting great watch, but it was very cagey.
Someone mentioned Greece 2004 and it felt kinda like that.
In fact - I was searching for "falling asleep gif" when they scored the first one.. :LOL:
Was it because both teams were so afraid of one another, or because they are both in poor form - we shall see soon enough..
Given the two nations playing,it was fucking awful,both pretty shit tbh.
I've seen Germany for years,but this was crap,England not much sharper,but they won.
A different ball game now that we face the Ukraine, that's suppose to be very tight and boring.

But England kept a clean sheet again,in this game not because of a brilliant D,but from a pretty crap germany.
But hats of to England for being through

Sweden are a very hard team to beat I think, it's always a struggle when we play them. I think I'd rather play Ukraine although they can't be underestimated either but I hope Sweden go through tonight for @rockstrongo

I find us very frustrating to watch. As far as I can recall we got in three crosses from our wing backs tonight in 90 minutes. First half from Trippier when Maguire wasted a great chance with a poor header, then I think Trippier hit the first man with one and then other one Shaw set up Sterling for his goal. Kane hasn't been great but with such lack of service it's hardly surprising he's barely had a shot all tournament. The talent is there but it just seems to be so reigned in. I guess the test will come when we go behind for the first time.
Cheers Matt.
Hopefully we'll play each other on Saturday for the 6000th time

Given the two nations playing,it was fucking awful,both pretty shit tbh.
I've seen Germany for years,but this was crap,England not much sharper,but they won.
A different ball game now that we face the Ukraine, that's suppose to be very tight and boring.

But England kept a clean sheet again,in this game not because of a brilliant D,but from a pretty crap germany.
But hats of to England for being through
Not the Ukraine we faced. They can play 433 with a lot of pressure.
Would be stupid for them to try from the start as they leave a lot of space in behind, doing this.
But they could pose for a akward match.

Not the Ukraine we faced. They can play 433 with a lot of pressure.
Would be stupid for them to try from the start as they leave a lot of space in behind, doing this.
But they could pose for a akward match.
A very good team indeed.
I'm really impressed,not the game Vs Austria though,but especially Vs you.

Back
Top Bottom