The Euro 2020 Thread

What does "Draw no Bet for Austria" mean?
Appart from Arnautovic I can't see a threat for Italy.
Draw no Bet means that if it's a draw on Full Time period, the money is refunded but if Austria win, you'll get the bet (which is smaller than straight Austria win).

I didn't put any for this game; couldn't be bothered.

Yeah,being a fan that sees football in stadiums,var and not being able to cheer is horrible.
Watched that Hammarby training clip you mentioned, beautifull indeed.
Some guys overcompensating so mutch all in light of the great zlatan.
Exactly matching your description : )
That club of yours eyeing interesting times ahead~
Anyway I'll keep an eye on them.

Watched that Hammarby training clip you mentioned, beautifull indeed.
Some guys overcompensating so mutch all in light of the great zlatan.
Exactly matching your description : )
That club of yours eyeing interesting times ahead~
Thanks buddy.
Yeah hopefully,we just changed coach though,a coach that was Hammarby since birth,so it's pretty weird times right now.
But I hope for the best,and I hope this Corona would go away so I can see them both here and in Europe.

Arnautovic exposing what Italy misses: a Balotelli.
2012 squad was amazing.
Altough spain totally deserved that win that Italy team was my favourite.

Austria can bow out with their heads held high. They defended doggedly, although they sucked the life out of the match (a bit like Greece 2004). I knew they'd tire in extra time, and the Italians would punish them. Chiesa's (as well as Maehle and Braithwaite in the Denmark game) reminded me a bit of Bergkamp, excellent close control.

Last edited:
Biggest problem yesterday evening imo was Berardi. He was a complete disaster all match along, should have gone out way before, absolutely not a case that Chiesa solved it. I think it also made no sense to not start Locatelli. He's in an incredible form right now, and when you have a player in this condition in a short international tourney in my opinion you always have to play it.

For the rest.. I was pretty sure this would have been quite hard. Too many compliments, we got past a kinda easy table in a convincing fashion but hearing some local medias it felt like our 4-3-3 suddenly became late 00 Barça when it certainly isn't remotely the case lol. Also props to Austria who closed perfectly the spaces and made a lot of dangerous counters.

Anyway, next turn we'll get the winner of Portugal-Belgium, we'll see what we are really worth of then.

@Madmac79 I couldn't believe he left Berardi on so long, I don't think he did much in any of the games so far where as Chiesa has made things happen and a got a great goal last night with three lovely touches from what was initially a difficult ball to control. I agree about Locatelli as well, seemed a strange decision to leave him out with the form he has shown so far.

I thought Austria gave it a real go last night, they quite surprised me with their approach.

@rockstrongo

I think if it's really tight then the linesman letting it go makes sense but there's so many where it's blatantly obvious the player is offside that it just needs the flag up straight away otherwise as you say there is no point to having a linesman any more as all he's doing is flagging for which team has the throw!

Also did you notice how much slower VAR was last night to how its generally been during the tournament. No coincidence it was Premier League ref's in charge of it. The goal offside was fairly obvious from the first replay of it and the one where there was a possible foul after Hinteregger had flicked it on was also clearly offside from the first replay. How it can take so long to make the decision is beyond me.

@mattmid yeah,the decisions took way too long yesterday.
It should/must be working better if this system should have any credibility.
Still no fan off millimetre justice, obvious fouls/offsides fine,but being offside with a centimetre or two makes this a joke at times

I think in last night's game, if VAR wasn't a thing, then Italy would have been knocked out, those two offside situations, i think wouldn't have been picked up by the human eye. So at least VAR was justified in these instances.
I still can't help the feeling that, Italy will have to provide more if they are going to win this tournament.

Still no fan off millimetre justice,
Neither am i mate, but it is what it is, either on or off. I am slowly adhering to the fact.

EDIT Also yes the decisions did take too long, and like in the Wales game our commentator said could you imagine if the score was 0_0 (refering to the long wait of confirmation to Denmarks fourth goal).

Last edited:
Still no fan off millimetre justice, obvious fouls/offsides fine,but being offside with a centimetre or two makes this a joke at times

Me neither. How can they even get that frame paused at exactly the right moment to be measuring mm for offside? I think var should pause the video at the perceived moment of contact and look at it with the naked eye. If it's obviously offside then it's offside, if it needs lines drawing then just let it go.

Me neither. How can they even get that frame paused at exactly the right moment to be measuring mm for offside? I think var should pause the video at the perceived moment of contact and look at it with the naked eye. If it's obviously offside then it's offside, if it needs lines drawing then just let it go.
Would be interesting to know what kind of FPS they have on the camera,I read somewhere that when VAR was first introduced it was no way it could be measured accurate because of FPS/resolution

Biggest problem yesterday evening imo was Berardi. He was a complete disaster all match along, should have gone out way before, absolutely not a case that Chiesa solved it. I think it also made no sense to not start Locatelli. He's in an incredible form right now, and when you have a player in this condition in a short international tourney in my opinion you always have to play it.

For the rest.. I was pretty sure this would have been quite hard. Too many compliments, we got past a kinda easy table in a convincing fashion but hearing some local medias it felt like our 4-3-3 suddenly became late 00 Barça when it certainly isn't remotely the case lol. Also props to Austria who closed perfectly the spaces and made a lot of dangerous counters.

Anyway, next turn we'll get the winner of Portugal-Belgium, we'll see what we are really worth of then.

I think the same, way too many compliments from everywhere, and it looked like some players started to feel themselves too much, you could see how they got nervous and angry when the game was not as easy as they thought maybe, always complained about referee decisions etc. When Austria started to play with more courage in 2nd half it seemed like Italian players were in a shock, like they couldn't believe what happened. But maybe I am a little too harsh now. Anyway, I am glad it was a win in the end, next game will be totally different anyway. Ronaldo, Fernandes, de Bruyne or Lukaku won't need that many chances to score. Good news is, against such big names Italy will definitely not be the big favorite anymore. I think it was the best performance from Austria I have ever seen, they can be really proud of their performance.

Would be interesting to know what kind of FPS they have on the camera,I read somewhere that when VAR was first introduced it was no way it could be measured accurate because of FPS/resolution
Exactly. Those line look like the resolution of a ZX Spectrum :LOL:

Sorry to drag this slightly OT but could you imagine VAR being done with the old VCR, you would get more lines than you bargained for, and just when the ball is played the screen jumps on that frame. :LOL:

They will not rest until they can microscopically detect if one mans microbe has jumped from his skin. EDIT or the fluff on his beard is offside.

Back
Top Bottom