The Euro 2020 Thread

That De Light red card was the turning point.

200.gif

I don't even recognise that Dutch team after their group stage performances.

Looks like they blew their load in the first 10 minutes and the Czechs settled as the game grew.

Really starting to think Denmark could win this tournament, not to dismiss the Czech's who were great today. Even before the red card they had every chance of winning it.

England vs West Germany ghost goal. Did the ball pass the line? :)

Yes the Russian linesman said so and he was nearest. :LOL:

Of course errors are irritating, especially when you are in the wrong side of the story, but had some romance, that goes away, with all those new technologies.

This is the biggest problem with VAR I think. Celebrating a goal is a huge part of being at football and that's been taken away. Yeah sure there's always been the celebration where you started and then spotted the linesman's flag was up but now it's goal, wait a minute, talk amongst yourselves for a bit. Ok yeah celebrate.

And the feeling of being robbed because of a bad decision was actually a big part of football too, it's as if it's taken away a whole are of football discussion after games.

I think it should be like tennis, each team has say 2 appeals against a decision per match and that's it.

hahaha, I'll be good ; )
But poor Frank, those Espn pundits just started to be more friendly on him.
As for the dutch, they have talents on the rise in the youth teams.
Including wingers.
Back to 4-3-3 and you'll dominate again my friend.
I usually prefer it playing Pes,or 3-5-2 with a AMF behind the strikers

Really starting to think Denmark could win this tournament, not to dismiss the Czech's who were great today. Even before the red card they had every chance of winning it.

Yes the Russian linesman said so and he was nearest. :LOL:

This is the biggest problem with VAR I think. Celebrating a goal is a huge part of being at football and that's been taken away. Yeah sure there's always been the celebration where you started and then spotted the linesman's flag was up but now it's goal, wait a minute, talk amongst yourselves for a bit. Ok yeah celebrate.

And the feeling of being robbed because of a bad decision was actually a big part of football too, it's as if it's taken away a whole are of football discussion after games.

I think it should be like tennis, each team has say 2 appeals against a decision per match and that's it.
1966 VAR room up in Hartlepool.
IMG_20210627_204135.jpg

Belgium Portugal is a tricky one.
I want the Belgiums to win but have to stick to my predictions:
Portugal win by penalties.

It probably hasn't changed much :D

Tough one to call this one. Ronaldo penalty probably but Lukaku to score twice to win it.
For me it's the toughest one to predict so far.
Hartlepool aren't the most progressive city in the UK I guess.
Love to visit though.
Remember a few years back when Blyth Spartans knocked them out of the FA cup.
Atmosphere...yes sir!

I hope CR7 make a goal with Courtois as the gk. To punish Florentino Perez in his face. :TWIST:

One of the most boring 45 minutes so far, that goal came just in time to hopefully open the game up for the second half.

@rockstrongo I remember those, great fun over the park!

Back
Top Bottom