The Euro 2020 Thread

We were lucky. Not sure we deserved that.
On the other hand, Portugal are a very good, but very, very cynical team. very time we had a chance to counter, Portugal made cynical fouls and the ref didn't intervene enough. On one of the counters the same guy who fouled KDB and who at that moment should have already had a yellow dor another cynical foul, took Lukaku's shirt 3 times, yet the ref didn't even give a foul. That ref was shockingly bad.

Lukaku had a poor match with lots of wrong decision making. Portugal were dominant in the second half, but we had two counter chances were we should have made a second goal.

If we play Italy without KDB, we are out.

One positive aspect: Eden Hazard played well, hope his injury (another one) isn't that bad...

yeah, i had that feeling too!

i was even putting 1 euro on Portugal when there were 20 min left to play... anyway! :D

your predictions for tonight, lads?!

mine are:

🇭🇷 vs. 🇪🇸 1:3
🇫🇷 vs. 🇨🇭
I will go with 3-0 to France as well, but Spain, i am not so sure, maybe 2-1 to Spain or maybe even 1-1 (ET) pens.

As for yesterday, didn't see the Holland result coming :SHOCK: The Czech's seem to possibly be the dark horse's :THINK:

And what a massive & cruel blow if KDB doesn't make the next game. Last night i expected a tight game & i think Belgium just about did enough to justify a win.

I will go with 3-0 to France as well, but Spain, i am not so sure, maybe 2-1 to Spain or maybe even 1-1 (ET) pens.

As for yesterday, didn't see the Holland result coming :SHOCK: The Czech's seem to possibly be the dark horse's :THINK:

And what a massive & cruel blow if KDB doesn't make the next game. Last night i expected a tight game & i think Belgium just about did enough to justify a win.
yeah, Croatia gonna by "beasty"... so i guess this match will be the more entertaining one tonight.

can you imagine how many betting slips exploded last night!? :LOL:

and czech fans in the betting booth last night be more like...
pUMoSBD.gif

oh man, that Seinfeld Series still is so golden! love it!

go Kramer, go spank that horse across the finish line!! :LOL:

Last edited:
Croatia often plays their best games against the big names and have difficulties when they are favorites, like in last World Cup when they thrashed Argentina, beat England but almost lost to Denmark. Spain had a big win last game, but also thanks to Slovakia's goalkeeper. They have not really convinced me in this Euro. On the other hand, Croatia did not neither and Perisic will be missed a lot tonight. He is a much better player for his national team than in his clubs. It is very hard to predict, can go either way. Spain being eliminiated by a team led by Modric as the only Real player on the pitch would be a nice story for the media, especially for the Madrid based newspapers. I wouldn't be surprised to see extra time or even penalties.

France will win it for sure, but I think Switzerland will be a decent opponent, maybe it can even become a game similar to Italy vs Austria but the individual quality of French players is too much so in the end they will win. If they take an early lead the French will be unstoppable with defending and relying on their counter attacks. But usually they just score 1 or 2 goals and that's enough. Nothing wrong with that of course.

So if I had to do a prediction I would say CRO - SPA 2-1 and FRA - SWI 2-0

main problem with portugal is their coach. he keeps better players (felix. a. silva, danilo, sanchez, fernandes) on the bench, while playing poor jota, b. silva, carvalho, mutinho, palininha...

I'm not ruling out Croatia given their last game.
I think it could be a tough one.
But,Ivan Perisic gone in this one,so Spain should win.
France Vs Switzerland should be France

On one of the counters the same guy who fouled KDB and who at that moment should have already had a yellow dor another cynical foul, took Lukaku's shirt 3 times, yet the ref didn't even give a foul. That ref was shockingly bad.
Player doesn't fall and rolls crying on the pitch = no foul. That's how players and refs are conditioned these days.

Player doesn't fall and rolls crying on the pitch = no foul. That's how players and refs are conditioned these days.
That shirt pull on Lukaku,the most obvious one,if Portugal would have counter attacked Belgium and scored,the irony is that VAR would probably had ruled it out because of the shirt pull.
That's how idiotic this system is.
Seen it happened in Italy ,when one team scores,just to have VAR find a miniscule foul at the other end,give a pen and team 2 scores

Back
Top Bottom