Sony PlayStation 3

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 & 4

Do not update your ps3 to the latest firmware today.

There are quite a lot of posts on the official forums saying it either bricked their system or glitches it so its gets stuck on the ribbon load up screen.

Playstation plus update for July

Leaving PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning
3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North
3rd July: The Cave
3rd July: Rayman Origins
3rd July: Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Battlefield 3
3rd July: Payday: The Heist
3rd July: Saints Row the Third
3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
3rd July: Unit 13

There are quite a lot of posts on the official forums saying it either bricked their system or glitches it so its gets stuck on the ribbon load up screen.

Cheers for that! :TU:

What's the latest on this?

Holy... I turned on my PS3 late last night and it told me I needed an update, luckily I decided to ignore it.

I've read quite a few people saying it mainly affects anyone with HDs over 500mb but its been withdrawn now, I logged on this morning and no firmware update showed up.

Playstation plus update for July

Leaving PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning
3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North
3rd July: The Cave
3rd July: Rayman Origins
3rd July: Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:
3rd July: Battlefield 3
3rd July: Payday: The Heist
3rd July: Saints Row the Third
3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
3rd July: Unit 13

Thanks for that, I already have battlefield 3 but Saints Row might be fun!

I've downloaded all these games on PS Plus but I don't even know when I'll have time to play them all!

Yeh when I logged I just after posting here, about 6:10am the update had been pulled. Lot of sites reporting as if its still there though and it's the majority of people who are affected. This shit always happens though.

Shit biscuit! Just updated mine:CONFUSE:

You only have a real problem if the console won't even load the Xmb.

Can you do everything else o.k.?

Yea, xmb and everything else is okay. Going to delete the download and try later. Fingers crossed it's maybe a temporary issue with Sony's or Milstone's server...

£125 or so, bought 12gb PS3 slim, move controller, eye camera and borderlands2 (all pre-owned) for £159

Trying to install my hard drive now and discovered you have to buy a fucking hdd caddy for £10 or so, what a rip off sony! That shouldn't be necessary.

£125 or so, bought 12gb PS3 slim, move controller, eye camera and borderlands2 (all pre-owned) for £159

Trying to install my hard drive now and discovered you have to buy a fucking hdd caddy for £10 or so, what a rip off sony! That shouldn't be necessary.

It wasn't in previous versions of the console...

Yes, probably in the new super slim only. I remember i changed my HD to a 500gb and needed no caddy...

I'm shocked by how long things take to download and install, a 3gb demo took about 10 minutes to install, can't be normal surely?

Back
Top Bottom