Sony PlayStation 3

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 & 4

I read an interview that confirmed offline..

-
Found it
Evolution Senior Designer Ben Gouldstone told “The main difference between them is the amount of content,” *However, while Gouldstone wouldn’t elaborate on what content would be restricted, he did indicate that owners of the PS+ edition of DriveClub would have full access to all of the game’s features.

He also told that “The idea behind this is, you’ve got PS Plus, you get your PS4 and you’ve got DriveClub, day and date, with the full feature set. You can do asynchronous races, synchronous races, you can do offline races. You can start creating your clubs, race with your friends, and start building your community.”

Just came home to a Game stock alert email, pre-owned 320gb PS3 Slim for £99.99 I'll have me some of that thank you!!!

Edit: Which Gran Turismo 5 should I get? Bit confusing with the different versions for PS3 :(

Last edited:

I wouldn't rush and buy GT5, I found its really sterile and like driving a concrete block around an ice rink. There's a demo I think

I wouldn't rush and buy GT5, I found its really sterile and like driving a concrete block around an ice rink. There's a demo I think

TBH I'm not really fussed about an overly sim experience, just like the whole license/unlock aspect of the GT world, haven't played once since the PS2 days, wife really likes it as well :)

:LOL::LOL:

Sorry Jay, you know we are only bulling you because we love you, right? :D

How did you know? Actually I've still not decided, i'll probably end up getting both but I can't beleive some of the shit M$ are coming out with.

I just guessed because I remember you and I going crazy over the first and then the announcement of the second.

Just came home to a Game stock alert email, pre-owned 320gb PS3 Slim for £99.99 I'll have me some of that thank you!!!

Fucking useless cunts @ Game!

So they just email me that they cancelled my order:

Unfortunately, as stated on our website (www.game.co.uk/deliveryoptions), we do not ship items over 1kg internationally and we are therefore not able to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled.

Any funds taken or reward points used will be automatically credited back to you.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused.

If they'd said that when I'd tried to check out I could have just had the order sent to the UK then posted on to me here, but no the useless fucks go through with the order, take my money, then cancel it the next day and of course the 320gb PS3 is out of stock now, cunts :(

Yeah not gonna pay that much for one, just want a pre-owned one for 6-12 months of play, thanks though, you're a sweetie! :)

I'm in England for a few hours Wed/Thur so might try to find a Game store on the route from Grimsby-Manchester Airport to pop into, in theory they'll have pre-owned consoles for sale in their stores right?

It’s becoming a little clearer as to what non-PS Plus subscribers will be allowed access to on PlayStation 4.

During E3 Sony announced that players will need to subscribe to PS Plus in order to play multiplayer titles on the next-gen console.

Yet that isn’t entirely true, as some online multiplayer free-to-play games on the system will not require a PS Plus subscription.

Furthermore, some PS3 functionality currently restricted to PS Plus subs will become free to everyone on PS4.

Let’s start with the games. While it will be necessary to subscribe to PS Plus in order to play the multiplayer element of most games on PS4, the same does not apply to free-to-play titles.

Ultimately, says Sony, that decision is down to publishers.

"As far as free-to-play games are concerned, it's a publisher's decision whether they put it inside or outside of the PlayStation Plus requirements," SCE Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida told Polygon.

Blacklight: Retribution, Warframe, DC Universe Online and PlanetSide 2 will not require a PS Plus subscription, it has been confirmed.

Beyond that, SCEE UK & Ireland MD Fergal Gara has said that features like auto-update, which is currently available only on PS3 to PS Plus subs, will become available to all on PS4.

That’s in addition to the console’s “social features” - which presumably relates to, among other things, the much called for cross-game chat feature.

“If you choose not to subscribe we are still gating relatively little in many senses, so access to online catch-up TV and online movie services sit outside of the gate, for example,” Gara told VideoGamer.

“The social features of PS4 and PS4 games sit out of the subscription service, things like auto-updates on PS4 sit outside of PlayStation Plus, so we’re trying to be as balanced and as fair as we possibly can.”

A PlayStation Plus subscription applies across PS3, PS4 and Vita, and costs £39.99/$49.99 for a one-year subscription and £11.99/$17.99 for a 90-day subscription. The PlayStation 4 is out “this holiday” and will cost £349/$399.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/new...ion-4-Functionality-for-Non-PS-Plus-Subs.html

I subscribed to PS Plus. That covers me for the first half-year of PS4, during which I'll get Drive Club as a launch download and in the meantime I've just downloaded Unchartered 3, Catherine, Kings of Amalaur, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Little Big Planet Karting, Demon's Souls, The Cave, a bunch of PSP games (in case I end up getting a Vita) like Gravity Rush and Unchartered, and some demos.

That's not bad for £39.99, even if I don't officially own them. And that's not including all the games it'll add in the future.

Back
Top Bottom