Sony PlayStation 3

cyC6kfL.gif

I'm hoping the rumour of a march 2014 launch in Europe isn't true. It would be a disaster for Sony as Xbox would launch in Europe before Xmas and people will just buy that rather than wait an extra 4-5 months.

Should only ask you "Do you want to shut down after downloads are complete?" if you are actually downloading something at that time.

this little bug happened to me a few times. but after some time the system goes back to normal.

fixed it. Nothing was downloaded as what I downloaded had been done for weeks. So I decided to click yes on shut down system after downloads. It then started to install KOF (Neo Geo) and Football Generation PS2). Then its been fine.

No clue why that happened.

Graphics of the games they showed look great. Not a fan the whole always online connectivity share thing though. Hopefully I'll be able to turn a lot of that stuff off.

Looks promising I must say, although I'm never one to hop aboard the hype train - I've never bought a console on release because the game catalogue tends to be pretty bare in terms of quality and quantity at the start and it's damn expensive.

I'll be switching to PC though mostly for "next-gen" I think - I'm fairly confident in saying that you could build a PC right now that could outperform both of the upcoming consoles. Star Citizen's dev agrees.

The functionality of Steam and it's relatively recent addition "Big Picture Mode" make the PC a viable option for a living room console these days and you can get an Android or iPhone with an app that functions as a keyboard/mouse over Wi-Fi (they are free, very useful btw).

There is definitely a place for consoles though, especially when it comes to the exclusive titles or when PC gamers get shat on (FIFA 07-10 PC, GTA etc.) plus it is generally easier and less hassle so I will end up getting either one at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best news for me: Diablo 3 coming on PS4 and PS3 !!! :D

For PS4 the 8GB GDDR5 RAM is good news.
From now on it will be a competition between Sony and Microsoft who will build the smallest and most powerful PC and will label it as a console... ;)
But I must say I like the new Pad Design - it's slightliy bigger and the triggers look better.

It sounds promising, but in the end it's an evolution but no revolution.

Lets wait for more infos to come on E3 i guess. Then release date and price as well as the design should be published, otherwise it would be ridiculous...

Re: Sony PlayStation 3 AND NOW 4!!!!OMGZ

Thread title updated, will be amended later, but thought I would try to add some small bit of fun.

I like it on the whole, but we need, price, date and any chance we can see what it looks like, will it be as big as the first PS3.

Really like the Share button idea and the fact the VITA will be streaming games to it, considering it can only stream 3-4 PS3 games via remote play.

A few things I've found on the internet this morning:

- the GPU is believed to be an equivilent of an ATI 7850, maybe a touch better. Pretty good upgrade on the PS3.

- a UBISoft spokesman told journalists that the Watch Dogs footage was actually being run on a PC

- ShopTo have pre-orders for £399 I think

I don't know what the PS3 can do? but it would be nice if the new PS4 could play multiple video files (all the most common ones) so you could use it for all your downloaded video content as well?

The share button is a great idea on the pad.

+1 for share button.Nice idea.

Gamepad looks fantastic (except speakers?) and it looks like its really imporved old one.

8GB DDR5 is awesome.
Ps:it will be work with x86,that means,we could get emulator or easy pc port?

and apparently they are not using any anti used game software. which is the most crucial part for me since i mostly rent games or buy them second hand!

proud console owner since the intellivision time!

can't quite see the reason behind this presentation at this point. do they know microsoft is going to show something big soon?

cause this - in my opinion - was lame and half-arsed. watchdogs looked good - but we knew that already.

new controller - wow. i want to see the console. get a price. or specific release date.

and all of the presenters where somehow boring, uninspired and showed a certain amount of acted excitement.

it all did not add up for me

Back
Top Bottom