Sony PlayStation 3

I have a numpty question...
My PS3 shut down whilst watching a video, and just had a blinking red light.
I looked it up online, and it seems to be an overheating issue (so don't think it's a YLOD). I've left it powered off & unplugged for a couple of days, and cleared any dust from the vents. Sadly it still powers off after a few minutes.

I'm going to try again tonight, and then I'll give Sony a call, but was just wondering if anyone had come across this before?
It's a 60GB old model, so if it ends up being an expensive Sony repair I might upgrade to a slim model.

Same happened to my 60GB i got a partial refund from Argos using SOGA because i still had a receipt and bought a slim but 1st of you need to get an engineers report(You can get it from here http://www.consolehealer.co.uk/ they emailed mine and i printed it off) i paid £10 for mine and you get it refunded.

Last edited:
Hey folks

I'm close to selling my ps3, I've had enough. I'm getting a lot of frame rate issues, slowdowns for example, and I have no idea why, it's driving me nuts.

I paid £35 for Dynasty Warriors 7 and I just cant play it, the frame rate drops down a lot, and 2 player is impossible to play, there is too many slowdowns, I've tried reformatting the ps3 system completely, any ideas what I can do? I also bought a lens cleaner for the bluray drive for the ps3, made no difference, I really am at the end of my tether, paying £35 for a game and having no enjoyment from playing it isnt good, I'm in a battle on DW7 and the frame rate fluctuates like mad, the motion goes slow then suddenly goes back to normal. Also games like PES suffer slowdowns and the picture quality is poor compared to what I see from people on youtube videos etc.

Could my HDMI cable be the cause of the problems?

I have my ps3 connected up to a Samsung P2450 24" Monitor.

Another question I have is how can I get sound working on my ps3? I have PC speakers connected up to my soundcard, and the monitor doesnt have any speakers....

Hope someone can give me some guidance :(

Last edited:
Have you at least tried a different TV/Monitor to make sure it's the PS3 and not the monitor playing up? Then on that different monitor try a different HD cable, then try it on yours. Make sure you do your best to eradicate all possibilities first before blaming your PS3.

Hey folks

I'm close to selling my ps3, I've had enough. I'm getting a lot of frame rate issues, slowdowns for example, and I have no idea why, it's driving me nuts.

I paid £35 for Dynasty Warriors 7 and I just cant play it, the frame rate drops down a lot, and 2 player is impossible to play, there is too many slowdowns, I've tried reformatting the ps3 system completely, any ideas what I can do? I also bought a lens cleaner for the bluray drive for the ps3, made no difference, I really am at the end of my tether, paying £35 for a game and having no enjoyment from playing it isnt good, I'm in a battle on DW7 and the frame rate fluctuates like mad, the motion goes slow then suddenly goes back to normal. Also games like PES suffer slowdowns and the picture quality is poor compared to what I see from people on youtube videos etc.

Could my HDMI cable be the cause of the problems?

I have my ps3 connected up to a Samsung P2450 24" Monitor.

Another question I have is how can I get sound working on my ps3? I have PC speakers connected up to my soundcard, and the monitor doesnt have any speakers....

Hope someone can give me some guidance :(

This guy really knows his stuff and will repair while you wait. Mine gave up a few weeks ago and he brought it back to life.

If he cant repair it, you don't pay. Just need your bus fare to B'ham...

http://www.360flash.co.uk/

f*ck can't believe my 60 gig fat ps3 has the red blinking light in the week of the fifa release . gutted . bought it on launch day so 6 years any recommendation of whats best to do guys it goes from green to yellow then red blinking light :(

Not my thing but this seems a really good deal for PC/PS3 (the wheel works for PS3 or PC but the game is the PC version)...

http://www.gameseek....ulti1ynu813c5xh

SL-6694-RD.jpg
and
img.php

for £49.72

(RRP £84.98 You save £35.26 (41%))

LOL funnily enough I will be buying a PS3 shortly for The Last of Us (and some of the older exclusives) but will wait until the new slim comes out at a decent price, RRP is to be £190 I think for the 12gb one?

LOL funnily enough I will be buying a PS3 shortly for The Last of Us (and some of the older exclusives) but will wait until the new slim comes out at a decent price, RRP is to be £190 I think for the 12gb one?

Or the best thing to do is buy one on ebay when people say they have display faults or something.

I bought a PS3 on ebay last year for the bedroom for £32, as the person I bought it off didn't know how to reset the display settings.
Had it over a year now and still working perfectly.

Or the best thing to do is buy one on ebay when people say they have display faults or something.

I bought a PS3 on ebay last year for the bedroom for £32, as the person I bought it off didn't know how to reset the display settings.
Had it over a year now and still working perfectly.

So finally we discovered who bought jaygrim´s "broken" PS3.

Ps+ content for December is fantastic

5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita)
21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)

has anyone played the mark of ninja or black night sword? i am looking for some decent psn games.

I've played MotN on PC and just finished it. It's definitely a good game worth all the hype about it, only it gets a lil bit boring if you play it too much on a single day.

i played a tournament from fifa wc 2010. The game is more fun than current pes/fifa and the presentation is just phenomenal. i'd say it is my second fav footie game all time, pes 3 being the king.

wrong thread, it was meant for "what have u been playing this week".

Last edited by a moderator:
i played a tournament from fifa wc 2010. The game is more fun than current pes/fifa and the presentation is just phenomenal. i'd say it is my second fav footie game all time, pes 3 being the king.

wrong thread, it was meant for "what have u been playing this week".
I played WC 2010 a couple of weeks ago, not bad but its reminded me of areas that needed to be improved and were improved upon (IMO) for FIFA 11.

I also played PES 3 last night using PCSX2 Emulator on my PC and LOVED it. Must be due to sentimental value or im just getting old and going backwards?

February Content announced for Europe

Entering the Plus Service in February:
6th February: Sleeping Dogs
6th February: Quantum Conundrum
6th February: F1 Race Stars

Vita
13th February: WipEout 2048
20th February: Lumines Electronic Symphony

Back
Top Bottom