Sony PlayStation 3

last nite i logged into the psn store after a long time. It still shocking how ugly the whole thing is. Can't they make it a bit more appealing?

I'd like to see more value from the PSN store. Their January sale is awful. Games that now cost £20 the shops are selling on 'sale' on PSN for £35. What a rip off.

I have to say that the Xbox sales were far better. Picked up Bastion for under a tenner on a 50% discount. Microsoft seem to push their smaller titles more, and there are some awesome games to be found on both networks. Just a shame Sony don't give people more incentives to buy them, like offering free trials for their network only games like you also get on Xbox Live. Countless times I've bought titles on XBL having tried the trial first, whereas I rarely buy anything on PSN because most of the time you can't try before you buy.

I'd like to see more value from the PSN store. Their January sale is awful. Games that now cost £20 the shops are selling on 'sale' on PSN for £35. What a rip off.

I have to say that the Xbox sales were far better. Picked up Bastion for under a tenner on a 50% discount. Microsoft seem to push their smaller titles more, and there are some awesome games to be found on both networks. Just a shame Sony don't give people more incentives to buy them, like offering free trials for their network only games like you also get on Xbox Live. Countless times I've bought titles on XBL having tried the trial first, whereas I rarely buy anything on PSN because most of the time you can't try before you buy.

You got it spot on. The whole point of digital distribution was the fact I was meant to get my games cheaper.

PSN and XBOX one really need to sort this out soon, as being a PC player I am used to the STEAM sale and the prices on there are really good.
Dead Space 2 is on sale at £19.99 on PSN was £3.74 during the steam sale...

The cost of games on PSN are expensive.

Too right. There are many games on there you can buy in the shops or online for £10-15 these days that Sony are still listing on PSN for £39.99. And what's with brand new titles coming in at £49.99?! Marking the games up by £10 without even providing a physical copy is not going to entice people to use the service.

Twisted Metal delayed until march thanks to SCEE deciding to censor the game and make changes to certain aspects like the guy strapped to the bed with explosive... he's alive and screaming in the USA version. In the pal version it's a dead corpse.

Arse holes

I found it hard to get used to the controls as it's been a good few years since I played a TM. But once i started to get the hang of it i started to enjoy it. I only played the offline map where its just a standard deathmatch like old times. It was a lot of fun... it just didn't feel like a huge step forward.

I love how the demo has a wide choice of vehicles on it and they're all balanced off against each other, the huge trunk has slow speed, the fast sports car has low armour. Hopefully there is no car that out shines every other and it gets spammed online.

One draw back though is how each vehicle comes with its own special weapon. It's no longer linked to the character but linked to that vehicle so that's a step backwards.
I assume the reason though is because of online play.

Another cool thing is how you get to choose even the choppers in the demo and can even change the character you have.

Not sure it's a must buy at this point for me. I'll wait and see how the reviews are and then ponder whether to import and not have dlc but have the real game, or wait for SCEE to stop being shit heads and play their gimped version.

Dust it off and play Uncharted 3 instead.

So, last Wednesday saw a lot of PS2 classics released on the PSN-(or whatever it's called now) store. Of course, "Classics" is the biggest overstatement in history as these are some fairly obscure and boring titles. No doubt we will eventually have some real classics to buy as the PS One classics started off badly as well.

Last edited:
I virtually never use my PS3 to be honest. I loved playing through the SP Killzone games, and love Little Big Planet, Unchartered and Heavy Rain, but apart from those I can't think of anything else I would play on it, and in any case I've already finished most of those now so I use my PS3 almost exclusively as a bluray player.

too bad cause that little piece of story already makes for something really interesting.

Definitely seems intriguing but what kind of concept would the game be based around?

no idea, future and robot stuff combined with story-telling of heavy rain or fahrenheit, they'd figure something out. :p

journey is beautiful. i advise you to get it amd play it. Short, easy but unforgettable. It is all about the magical coop experience you may have.

The problem I now have with buying PSN games is the nagging feeling that in 2 3 or 6 or even more months time... sony will put it on PS+ for free or at a huge discount.

After buying a couple of games like sam and max & back to the future, then seeing them appear for free later. It really put me off buying anything in future.

One of the nicest experiences I have had in the ps3. Truly an instant classic, a masterpiece. i dont care if it is very short, it was totally worth it.

Back
Top Bottom