Sony PlayStation 3

Well, it depends. In terms of "game" it's not much different , because it's linear, simple and based on enjoying the experience more than any kind of competition.

But, on the other hand, the game mechanics and the coop make it very different. If it had 20+ levels instead of 7 it would be my goty for the year.

Wait until you see more of it, then.

Couldn't sign in tonight.

Said my password was invalid and needed to be changed.

Then wouldn't let me change it on either the console or the website due to the site being down for maintenance.

Anyone else had the same issue?

I do all the time. Have you downloaded the latest one? Doesn't need much setting up. Very easy. Just install it, open your ps3 and make sure it's connected to the network, and open PMS.

Just picked up a slim 160 Ps3.

It is very quiet, but you can hear it reading the disc from time to time. Is this normal? It is like the old ps2 disc reading noise.

Okay so it seems that PS+ may have a tiny glitch this weekend that turns free trials into full games, yes you read that right…

Someone over at Sony HQ may have made a tiny boo boo, as my mate rang me excitedly to tell me the details about 20 minutes ago.

Go into the store and into full game trials and pick a game, any game. Go through the yes I want to trial this and once its done its thing come back out and your little shopping bag won’t be blue which signals a trial but it will be red which means a full purchase.

This is working right now but I am not sure how long it will work or whether the games will still exist once the loophole is closed.

Thanks to Carl for the heads-up

Fuk me I would try this. Too bad my PS3 died this week. I wonder what games they have on trial.

The trial games that are up there include Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3. Can't beat free full price titles...

Yep just tried it and works it seems. Not all though but most.

Here's a list of what I tried and worked/didn't work:

Assassin's Creed - Yes
Assassin's Creed II - No
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Yes
Battlefield 3 - Yes
Dante's Inferno - Yes
Mass Effect 2 - No
Mass Effect 3 - Yes
Modnation Racers - Yes
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - Yes
Red Faction Guerilla - Yes

There are more still but these are the ones I tried.

And I'm on the Australian store btw.

Thanks CW.

It doesnt work lads, once the game is installed, the timer is there, I have yet to start a game. But you cant actually buy the game in the store, says you have already purchased the game and to download it now.

Still free hour of BF3 or ME3 MP for people if they want it.

Sorry folks.

I was very excited yesterday about it all!

Yeah, dont waste the bandwidth, and for some reason they also take forever to install!

It just took so long for it to figure out as the PSN is always as slow as chuff on downloads.

Getting my PS3 fixed 2morrow. I had it for 5 years before it finally crapped. The game doctor who is fixing it has the following recommendations once I get it back.

1) Take it out of my home theatre setup
2) Stand it up vertically
3) 3 hours max play time for sessions
4) 30 min cool down period
5) Install a custom fan controller

Big changes to playstation plus

First of all, you’re still going to get MASSES of discounts on all kinds of stuff in Store, both Plus exclusive and extra discounts on Special offers.

You’re still going to get exclusive dynamic themes, avatars and access to beta trials – in fact we’ve got some truly fantastic betas coming before the end of the year for you.

Then, there are the games. From now on, the watchwords are more and better. More new games, more digital Blu-ray, more of the very best the PlayStation®Store can provide.

You’re getting 10 games up front and from next month, 3 of those games will change, and you’ll get at least 3 games per month thereafter.

The important thing is that whenever you decide to join PlayStation®Plus, there will be a minimum of 10 games for you to start playing right away.

So which games? Let’s go take a look.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/05/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-6th-june-2012/

The Game of the Month will be changed every 4 weeks. This months game is Virtua Fighter 5.

Then the standard offers.
You have six whole games to start you off, and as each pair of titles is replaced, the next pair will be around for 12 weeks.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Chime Super Deluxe
Darksiders
Renegade Ops
Outland
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD

The next 3 games will be available all the time for the next 12 months, yours to download and play for as long as you subscribe.

inFamous 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2

There will also be a ‘PlayStation®Plus Presents…’
We’ll be searching for the very best independently developed titles for PlayStation 3 right now and in the future – those games that really stand out we’ll hand pick for our Plus subscribers. Each ‘PlayStation®Plus Presents’ game will be available to download in Plus at no extra cost for 8 weeks from the moment it launches on the Store, meaning that as well as blockbuster titles, as a Plus subscriber you’ll be able to play the very best of indie too.

Our first PPP title will be an extremely cool little shooter called Retro/Grade

Nice update

Decent showing yesterday, disappointed that they didn't have Justin Bieber though.

Big changes to playstation plus

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/06/05/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-6th-june-2012/

The Game of the Month will be changed every 4 weeks. This months game is Virtua Fighter 5.

Then the standard offers.
You have six whole games to start you off, and as each pair of titles is replaced, the next pair will be around for 12 weeks.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Chime Super Deluxe
Darksiders
Renegade Ops
Outland
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD

The next 3 games will be available all the time for the next 12 months, yours to download and play for as long as you subscribe.

inFamous 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2

There will also be a ‘PlayStation®Plus Presents…’

now i´m really tempted to sign plus

Hey guys

having some problems with my ps3, games are slowing down and are a bit jerky, and the bluray drive inside seems to be the cause, it makes a lot of noise when reading the discs, and it seems to speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down, and this is while I'm playing a game, so I'm guessing that the lens is dirty on the drive, can you recommend a product I can buy to clean the lens? I've seen one on amazon thats like £9 or something, are these things any good? Got one to recommend?

Has anyone else had the same problem as me? I formatted my PS3 and set settings back to default, I just got a new game for the PS3 and I'm still getting slowdowns, so it cant be because the discs are scratched...

Hope you can help. It's hard to play games on it when its like this right now :(

Last edited:
OMG I have just realised that SONY did well with FW 4.20
Finally after several year it is possible to copy more than a single file of savedata at once. Everyone who installed PES saves including kits, emblems and stadiums knows what a pain in the ass this was.
Even if it's ridiculous that it took that long: Thanks Sony for making it easier to copy such data. :)

I have a numpty question...
My PS3 shut down whilst watching a video, and just had a blinking red light.
I looked it up online, and it seems to be an overheating issue (so don't think it's a YLOD). I've left it powered off & unplugged for a couple of days, and cleared any dust from the vents. Sadly it still powers off after a few minutes.

I'm going to try again tonight, and then I'll give Sony a call, but was just wondering if anyone had come across this before?
It's a 60GB old model, so if it ends up being an expensive Sony repair I might upgrade to a slim model.

Back
Top Bottom