Sony PlayStation 3

This machine pisses me off so much sometimes, I download one of my free games. It takes fucking ages to install then tells me I need an update that takes even longer. The 360 is so much faster at that sort of thing.

hm, it took nearly 90 minutes to download wipeout, r&c and burnout. right now I have only installed wipeout incl. all updates, which didn't take too much time. i think this is quite ok.

For some odd reason it works on my other laptop but not on this one. I've put the exact same settings to no avail. It's doing my nut in.

For some odd reason it works on my other laptop but not on this one. I've put the exact same settings to no avail. It's doing my nut in.

Maybe it's due to LAN settings? It happened to me once but I can't remember the details right now. I had to create a new Lan group or some Microsoft stupidity like that...

Got dead nation and infamous. Took from around 10am till 8pm to download infamous, not tried it yet.

Dead nation is pretty cool.

I picked up all the free games over 2 different accounts (except LBP as kids already had it). Not that I really want any of them but got them anyway as free stuff is cool regardless ;)

The DL times on PS are piss poor compared to 360 though. It took fooking ages to do them all!

I picked up all the free games over 2 different accounts (except LBP as kids already had it). Not that I really want any of them but got them anyway as free stuff is cool regardless ;)

The DL times on PS are piss poor compared to 360 though. It took fooking ages to do them all!

did u use the usa or jap account? i saw one game that was different in the usa account. are the japanese getting a different offer all together?

Maybe it's due to LAN settings? It happened to me once but I can't remember the details right now. I had to create a new Lan group or some Microsoft stupidity like that...

I'm using Wireless Drek. Works on one laptop but not the other. I'm still failing to understand why.

I'm using Wireless Drek. Works on one laptop but not the other. I'm still failing to understand why.

I have been using the media server for quite some time.
Got a new modem cause the other one was broken, and could no longer get the media server to connect with the ps3.

Had to enable upnp (if i remember correctly) in my modem, and had to force the connection of the media server to wireless.

Its all working perfectly again now. i mostly use it to wireless copy movies to my ps3 harddisk.

I can't believe Sony are making me buy a new HDD just for the free games. Infamous is 7GB FFS! Well, I sort of need it for other games too I guess.

I can't believe Sony are making me buy a new HDD just for the free games. Infamous is 7GB FFS! Well, I sort of need it for other games too I guess.

Man, any notebook HD with speed 5400 works. you can find one cheap and is very easy to install it yourself. I am not sure about the size but i guess the limit is 750gb, i put 500gb on mine and don´t regret :P

Trying to download the Lovefilm application and it downloads, but as soon as it tries to install it comes up with the error message:

The update cannot be completed.
Target software for the update is not installed.

Google comes up with zero suggestions. Surely I'm not the only person ever to have this problem?

How easy is it to backup the original hard disk, swap it for a bigger one, and then restore the original's data to it?

Would I lose any of those "protected" game saves (e.g. Street Fighter IV), and is there a guide to doing this ? I have one of the old "fat" ps3s and with games like top spin 4 and mod racers having massive installs I'm running out of space.

How easy is it to backup the original hard disk, swap it for a bigger one, and then restore the original's data to it?

Would I lose any of those "protected" game saves (e.g. Street Fighter IV), and is there a guide to doing this ? I have one of the old "fat" ps3s and with games like top spin 4 and mod racers having massive installs I'm running out of space.

It´s very easy to be done.

http://www.cnet.com.au/how-to-upgrade-your-playstation-3-hard-drive-339282375.htm

The PS3 system have a tool that backup your HD for an external connected on the USB. Than it can be restored in the new HD by the same tool.

Metal Gear HD remake without the original and best Solid title.

MGS1 is all I want.

Why the bollocks aren't they re-doing it with the others?

I would have loved to have a remake of MSG1

But you know what?!

you cant remake a masterpiece...so I must agree with konami on this one. =p

The totally weird thing is, it's been remade, Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, so why not port that over? The game was already up to MGS2 standards then.

Adding the first-person aiming mode, as well as those hollywood style cutscenes on Twin Snakes ruined certain parts of the game for me. They could've at least changed some level designs to make it a bit more challenging.

The totally weird thing is, it's been remade, Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes on the Gamecube, so why not port that over? The game was already up to MGS2 standards then.

According to some that 'remake' was appalling. I wouldn't know though as I have never played it.

Yeah, click the Welcome Back thing, if it aint on the revolving front page of the Store, go to Latest.

Back
Top Bottom