Sony PlayStation 3

Hey guys.

Looking at getting a ps3.

Are you able to insert a USB HDD with mkv's on and play them direct off the ps3?

Looks like the free PS3 games are down. Must be having faults hopefull since I never got mine.

Its very lazy of EA/Sony to offer an old game only for the game to not be up to date.

Store isn't broken it's just the servers are getting inundated with everybody trying to download the free stuff.

That said just try again when it says error. Took me about 5 trys to get on each page but it eventually worked.

InFamous, Wipeout HD, Burnout: Paradise, Streets of Rage 2 and James Pond 2: Code Name Robocod! (ha) for free.

Not bad considering I was hardly playing the PS3 before the enforced "break".

It's free for playstation plus users, so get your free playstation plus subscription first.

Wipeout HD is actually worth a look. It's a pretty enjoyable arcade racer that's quite challenging.

I also got dead nation and it's pretty rubbish.

This machine pisses me off so much sometimes, I download one of my free games. It takes fucking ages to install then tells me I need an update that takes even longer. The 360 is so much faster at that sort of thing.

Got dead nation and infamous. Took from around 10am till 8pm to download infamous, not tried it yet.

Dead nation is pretty cool.

The free games seem to be down for me whilst they was on the other day. Same happen to some of my friends.

This machine pisses me off so much sometimes, I download one of my free games. It takes fucking ages to install then tells me I need an update that takes even longer. The 360 is so much faster at that sort of thing.

The games on the store aren't up to date.

I had to download all the Burnout patches yesterday (again), the last update for that game was months, if not well over a year ago.

A bit of a con that Paradise won't be playable once the Plus subscription expires but then it was to be expected.

Was thinking of rebuying it but with the Ultimate package instead so maybe it'll convince me one way or another.

Does anyone know when the Plus thing or Welcome Back thing ends? Can I wait to download them or do I need to do it sooner rather than later? I was going to wait to DL the Plus add on, but everything is very slow on PSN at the moment.

Does anyone know when the Plus thing or Welcome Back thing ends? Can I wait to download them or do I need to do it sooner rather than later? I was going to wait to DL the Plus add on, but everything is very slow on PSN at the moment.

Games you get for free because of PSN+ (Streets of rage 2, james pond: fishfinger and Burnout Paradise) will expire when your 30 day subscription runs out, which will begin when you activate it yourself.

Both the free 30 day trial for PSN+ and the welcome back free games (LBP, Infamous, Dead Nation, WipeoutHD and R&C) expire in about 29 days or so. You've got plenty of time.

Last edited:
Thanks very much, I bought Lara Croft and the GoL today, and it's be downloading since about 12 and it's still not done, and it's not as big as any of the other games that are on the Welcome Back list.

Back
Top Bottom