Sony PlayStation 3

Sony. :LOL:

Can't reset my password because they're not sending me the reset e-mail. Apparently they're struggling with the high volume of password reset e-mails that have been requested.

Didn't they expect such a large amount of requests given they're forcing all of their PSN users to change our password before they can log in... :RANT:

reeling-in-fish.jpg

Right, now I get a server error if I try signing in on my PS3, as well as an error message if I try to reset my password by e-mail. Great. :ROLL:

After 20 hours, still didn't receive the email :( If it goes past 24 hours then the link in the email will expire... :FAIL:

I had no issues. changed my 2 accounts in half a second.

i tried a couple of pes 2011 games on line but they were laggy as hell. But it might be because of my new shitty router.

If i connect via cable do i have to choose some specific options or the ps3 puts cable first over wifi?

thanks, but do i have to disallow the wifi or the ps3 automatically chooses the cable once i put it in?

damn, i hate cables...but this new router makes wifi online gaming really stinky

Welcome Back programme details:

Free PS3 Games: (Maximum of 2 for each PSN account)

Little Big Planet
Wipeout HD/Fury
Rachet & Clank: Quest For Booty
Dead Nation
inFamous

Free PSP Games: (Maximum of 2 for each PSN account)

Little Big Planet
ModNation Racers
Killzone Liberation
Pursuit Force

Free 30 day access to PlayStation Plus for all PSN users.
30 day free extension to all current PlayStation Plus users.
30 day free extension to all current Music Unlimited users.

Considering PSN is a free service thats a pretty decent selection of titles. I was expecting some small games like Flower, PixelJunk etc.

Im going to be taking inFamous and Wipeout. :)

Oh and the free 30 days of PlayStation Plus will mean we will all have early access to the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta too!

I don't mind playing inFamous again, not interested in Dead Nation and I've got the rest.

Disappointing list of games.

Uhm, i hope my jap account is going to get something different.

I am sure about getting infamous, couldn't care less about lbp and rac.
Zombies or racing? zombie look terribly boring, might get some racing.

what u people think?

Did you seriously buy an xbox and sell your PS3 purely because the PSN went down for a few weeks?!

Course not but the internet has recently been rife with stories of ps3 for xbox trade-ins because of the whole psn thing. I was just humouring the idea in the other direction.

Course not but the internet has recently been rife with stories of ps3 for xbox trade-ins because of the whole psn thing. I was just humouring the idea in the other direction.

:)) People are actually doing this, it's true, I saw that Gamestation sign with my own eyes the other day offering people a chance to exchange their PS3 for xbox at a thoroughly awful rate of exchange. I can't believe people choose to sell stuff to these shops, they rip people off so much.

Back to PS3, I already have LBP and none of the other games on offer remotely appeal to me. Wipeout? Seriously? They've been flogging that on the cheap for ages now.

Just go to Network, Network Settings, Easy, and if your Ethernet is connected it will automatically pick that up over the Wi-Fi. :)

thanks! cable made the connection superbly better.

Btw what psplus content should i look at? i don't have a clue and don't have much time

Last edited:
Downloaded the update, reset my password and everything is fine. Just can't get on any store though.

store will be available at the end of the month from what i heard.

jap account still off, japan asked for increased security apparently.

i can't wait to see what offers will be made for the japanese!

Have Rockstar really retracted? Can't read the link at the moment.

If this is a real issue then the potential is there for Sony to have a paying customer with a normal, working PS3, only for that customer to have all their details stolen, followed by a Sony firmware update breaking their PS3, and if it's out of warranty then what? Sony would then have given away that person's details and screwed them out of a console too? As far as I'm aware, Sony don't refund customers if their console breaks down out of warranty even if it's caused by a firmware update. Some guy in the USA tried to sue them over something similar a while back.

If I read that a customer, who first had their details stolen, then Sony's attempt to fix that breaks their console, leaving that person out of a console and out of pocket, then I think on principle I'd never buy another Sony console again.

Last edited:
Yes they have. Its happening to both consoles and they are releasing a patch to fix it amongst other things over the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom