Sony PlayStation 3

Why is it that whenever I reset my router the PS3 won't sign me back in? I have to quit the game and restart the system. This never happened to me when I using wifi, it would always sign in again via the in game XMB.

down for over 24hours. thank god i dont game on consoles that much anymore.

xbox live seems more robust though. bank holiday today as well.

The hackers don't have any friends to lose in the first place. It's pretty annoying what is happening if true. I can't really criticise Sony about this.

1261596481_3Fw2MnJ-L.jpg

The hackers don't have any friends to lose in the first place. It's pretty annoying what is happening if true. I can't really criticise Sony about this.

No, same here. I couldn't care less about the hackers' cause. I've no interest in jail-breaking my console, nor do I care for supposed lost features. Sony are trying to protect their interests after all, although perhaps they are not going about it the right way.

Attacking PSN is not the right way for 'Anonymous' to direct their displeasure at Sony either.

These crazy dudes must be serious. I didn't know PSN was gone for good and Sony rebuilding a new PSN from the ground up.

Tbh i doubt they change anything. I think we'll see the exact same thing but with better security.

I sure hope they do something different.

Now is a good time to be a gamer that doesn't play much online. That would be myself.

It's funny how, in other forums, it's like people have had their hearts torn out... by Sony. Many seen to place the blame squarely on Sony for this whole thing, and seem to think they aren't doing enough to fix it. In the comments underneath the story above there are many who doubt Sony's statement that they are working around the clock. But Sony is full of hard workers like you and me. They are doing what they can.

It's funny how, in other forums, it's like people have had their hearts torn out... by Sony. Many seen to place the blame squarely on Sony for this whole thing, and seem to think they aren't doing enough to fix it. In the comments underneath the story above there are many who doubt Sony's statement that they are working around the clock. But Sony is full of hard workers like you and me. They are doing what they can.

There will always be the uber geeks that never go outside and have nothing else in their lives to keep them occupied. Very sad. In the grand scheme of things PSN isn't a big deal. It's not as if we pay for it.

The downtime/attack is frustrating but it wouldn't affect so much if my PS3 wasn't playing up again.

I'm going to have to buy a new new slim eventually. I bought my current one when they were released in September 2009.

The only console that I've owned that lasted more than two years was the PS2 Slim.

There will always be the uber geeks that never go outside and have nothing else in their lives to keep them occupied. Very sad. In the grand scheme of things PSN isn't a big deal. It's not as if we pay for it.

True.

The downtime/attack is frustrating but it wouldn't affect so much if my PS3 wasn't playing up again.

I'm going to have to buy a new new slim eventually. I bought my current one when they were released in September 2009.

The only console that I've owned that lasted more than two years was the PS2 Slim.

Thankfully my Phat 80gb is still going after 2+ years :)

Maybe I don't play as much as you do, though..

It's a kick in the swingers though, I was hoping to play some MP on my PS3 tonight with some mates, but now it's snookered. May just play something on Live then instead. Heck I even charged my headset up again!

down for over 24hours. thank god i dont game on consoles that much anymore.

xbox live seems more robust though. bank holiday today as well.

I thought xbl had been hacked in the past?
I'm sure I've read about people having their MS points hacked out of their accounts, passwords stolen and purchases made.
A little while ago too some hackers bagged themselves just over a million dollars worth of MS points.

I hadn't even noticed that PSN was down until Saturday morning as I've just been out enjoying the sun the last week or so. I thought it was just a random error but then my brother told me it had been off since Wednesday. I can't see them creating a totally new psn. I bet it will just be the same layout and so on but re coded.

Yeah it will be the same. They'll just have reworked the foundations and the levels of security.

Let's hope they've sorted the security issues with buying stuff on PSN and them holding card details.

I'm currently waiting GAME stores to send me the money for my 3rd PS3, as I had it with an insurance to cover faulty hardware. It's my 3rd PS3 in less than a year and it's getting ridiculous. Hardware nowadays is crap. The only doubt is whether is voluntarily crap or they didn't plan it like this, but I would say it's the first one. Corporations work like this nowadays, and no one can stop them.

I'm currently waiting GAME stores to send me the money for my 3rd PS3, as I had it with an insurance to cover faulty hardware. It's my 3rd PS3 in less than a year and it's getting ridiculous. Hardware nowadays is crap. The only doubt is whether is voluntarily crap or they didn't plan it like this, but I would say it's the first one. Corporations work like this nowadays, and no one can stop them.

Man you're so unlucky. 3 PS3s broken in less than a year isn't normal. You sure there's nothing wrong with the one powerpoint you're using?

I thought xbl had been hacked in the past?
I'm sure I've read about people having their MS points hacked out of their accounts, passwords stolen and purchases made.
A little while ago too some hackers bagged themselves just over a million dollars worth of MS points.

I hadn't even noticed that PSN was down until Saturday morning as I've just been out enjoying the sun the last week or so. I thought it was just a random error but then my brother told me it had been off since Wednesday. I can't see them creating a totally new psn. I bet it will just be the same layout and so on but re coded.

They didnt actually hack XBL as far as I know, they just hacked the random code generator for points, and were basically giving themselves loads and loads of points. I doubt they got away with it though, there is one thing for sure, MS ban people pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom