Sony PlayStation 3

So Plus members, how has it gone so far? I just got an email from Sony saying if you sign up before the 2nd of Feb for 12 months, you get 15. I am tempted, just for the discounts that hopefully would come, but it is pure pot luck what comes up from what I can see.

Just wondered if views on this had changed any.

Pretty much pot luck regarding the discounts and free games. I personally was more interested in the beta trials and early demos.

Just finished GOW3. One of the best games I've ever played. It had lots of depth, incredible graphics, good story, awesome music and was long enough. Well worth the money and well worth the experience. Wish there were more games like this.

Has anyone here had one of those e-mails from Sony saying they found pirate software on your PS3? I had one of them this morning, despite the fact I've never used a jailbreak and always used official firmware. My brother I think had jailbroke his PS3 before but put update 3.56 on, but I've never ever signed in on his system, but he hasn't had any correspondence from Sony.

Fuds! I have a good mind to ring up Sony customer services and give them what for.

All PS3′s blocked from entering Europe “for at least 10 days”

The Guardian is reporting that European customs officers have been ordered to seize PS3 shipments after LG won a preliminary injunction against Sony in a patent battle between over Blu-ray.

The ruling has been made by the civil court of justice in the Hague, and apparently means that all new PS3s have to be confiscated as they are imported into the UK and the rest of Europe for at least 10 days.

If the injunction is extended, Sony faces the very real prospect of running out of hardware stock across Europe: that report claims that the company normally holds “two to three weeks’ worth of PS3s in stock across the continent.”

Actual disaster

The Guardian has learnt that “tens of thousands of PS3s were seized by customs officers last week in the Netherlands” over the discpute, which revolves around Sony allegedly infringing use of Blu-ray technology belonging to LG.

Sony, which imports around 100,000 of the consoles a week, and is apparently “frantically” trying to get the ban uplifted.

This could spell actual disaster for Sony in Europe. While Sony is applying to overturn the ruling, LG can also apply to the same patents office to get the 10-day import ban extended.

LG is claiming that PS3 infringes a number of its patents relating to Blu-ray playback, and has called for an investigation into the the same issue with the US international trade commission earlier this month.

The firm is now seeking a “permanent exclusion order … excluding entry into the United States” of the console.

If it’s found that Sony’s infringed LG patents, it could be forced to compensate manufacturer for each PS3 sold. Ever.

More than 47.9 million units have been sold worldwide so far.

Rotterdam and Schiphol are the main import points for PS3s for both the UK and continental Europe. The consoles are being stockpiled in Dutch warehouses until it becomes clear how the case will develop.

A SCEE spokesperson told the Guardian: “We are currently looking into this matter, and cannot make any comments at this point in time.”

Why has it taken LG three/four years to come up with this suit?

Just retaliation on there part after Sony sued them initially.

The Top Spin 4 demo is really good. Might have to buy it now.

I enjoy it too... too bad that game modes seems to be exactly like Top Spin 3, also the player creation seems to be limited by 4 players again. Will be another exemple of good gameplay but poor game modes and diversity.

I'm enjoying it also, love the R2 drop shot.

Good gameplay (sweet spot, fun depth, easy to pick up), ps2 visuals if u ask me. i wish mcenroe was there though. could be a good pick if the price is decent

Just played MLB 11 The Show, what a game! San Diego Studio teach all the other studios how to make a great sport franchise.

There are simply tons of options for hardcore fans and the game is easy for begginers too if you play on begginer settings. I am not a big fan of baseball but the MLB series is a must buy for every sport fan.

Really can´t understand why the hell no one makes a football game with the same level of details and customization of MLB.

How are you finding the analogue hitting?

I'm struggling with it big time, my guy keeps trying to bunt.

How are you finding the analogue hitting?

I'm struggling with it big time, my guy keeps trying to bunt.

Yeah, i tried to use the analogue for batting but i couldn´t get the right timing, i think it requires practice. You have to put RS donw than up to hit, if you only put RS up the player will bunt. In the other hand piching on full analogue is great!

I still have to practice much more since i´m beaten by the CPU even on begginer level. :P

Only after i master the game on begginer i´ll try to use analogue batting again.

Every year I download MLB The Show demo and every year im wowed by the presentation and details but im unable to hit the fucking ball! I thought it would be easier with the analog batting/pitching but I keep bunting it too.

Every year I download MLB The Show demo and every year im wowed by the presentation and details but im unable to hit the fucking ball! I thought it would be easier with the analog batting/pitching but I keep bunting it too.

Play on the begginer level, adjust human batting sliders to max and you´ll beggin to hit some balls, it is really a very difficult game.

On the begginer level the only important thing for batting is timing, try finding a good camera angle that you can see the ball coming and hit it in the right time. Also another trick it to never take the eyes off the ball when the pitcher throws it, focus only the ball since it gets out the hand of the pitcher.

If it´s still difficult there are sliders to make the game even easier, making the CPU only pitches balls on strike zone and slowing the speed of pitches so you can see the ball and have a better batting time.

Thanks for the advice. :TU: They should have some kind of tutorial mode starting from the very basics.

Back
Top Bottom