Sony PlayStation 3

ahhh stefstefs4! you sent me a friend request but didn't say who you were... I was thinking it was from some nut job sending out requests to random people online. I get a few of those now and again and when I ask 'how do you know me' they'll say they don't, but this is how they will get to know me.

I'm really enjoying some of the demos and games I'm playing, but one thing I noticed on the PS3 is the way shadows are shown. For some reason, shadows always look low-res or pixelated, and it sort of annoys me. You see some great graphics that are ruined but some dodgy shadows. In GT5, I was racing in Tuscany. The scenery was beautiful, but at times, there's some dodgy shadow that just ruins it.

Last edited:
Try Little Big Planet, practically no shadows there lol. Some of the PS3 exclusives are incredible. I saw you were trying Heavy Rain, too. Enjoy it!

Sony’s decided to come into 2011 fighting, slapping up post on the PS Blog focusing on this year’s PS3 exclusives.

This lot doesn’t look too shabby:

* Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel (March, 2011)
* Hyperdimension Neptunia (February, 2011)
* The Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (spring, 2011)
* inFAMOUS 2 (2011)
* Journey (2011)
* Killzone 3 (February 22, 2011)
* The Last Guardian (Holiday, 2011)
* LittleBigPlanet 2 (January 18, 2011)
* MLB 11 The Show (March 8, 2011)
* MotorStorm Apocalypse (spring, 2011)
* No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise (fall, 2011)
* PixelJunk Shooter 2 (2011)
* PlayStation Move Heroes (spring, 2011)
* Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (fall, 2011)
* Resistance 3 (September 6, 2011)
* SOCOM 4 (2011)
* Sorcery (2011)
* Twisted Metal (2011)
* UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception (November 1, 2011)
* Yakuza 4 (March 15, 2011)

The company says in that post that “nearly every major PlayStation series is making an appearance in 2011,” citing Kratos’s appearance in Warner’s Mortal Kombat reboot as covering God of War.

Hopefully Microsoft will respond and devoted followers of both 360 and PS3 can have a massive fight on the internet. Wait…

Fantastic line up. Will be buying quite a few of them. Journey, Team Ico Collection, Uncharted 3, LBP2, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Yakuza 4, The Last Guardian, SOCOM 4 and maybe inFAMOUS 2.

Me too:

Definites:
Journey
Uncharted 3
Killzone 3
Resistance 3
The Last Guardian

Maybe:
Team Ico Collection (I already have ICO and SoTC on the PS2, so may not bother - depends what the trophies and HD upscaling are like)
inFAMOUS 2 (not really keen on it)
LBP 2 (again, not that fussed)

Others (non-exclusives):
Splinter Cell Collection (HD)
Prince of Persia Collection (HD)

Prince of Persia Collection is already out, tis under 18 quid on Play too, think it's an exclusive too, as I suspect Splinter Cell Collection will be. Unless there is PC versions of them.

Think my PS3 is fucked? I was playing LBP2 and went to replay a level half way thru and it was just stuck on loading. I ended up turning it off and back on again now it isn't telling me there is a disk inserted, I've tried other games and they ain't showing up to. Can it be fixed or is it fucked?

Seems to be a br lens problem, as happened to mine. But apparently, you should get the yellog green light of dead for that, isn't it?

:LOL: Sorry mate. What is it with Sony and faulty lasers? I remember having to take apart my PS2 and clean the lens manually back in the day.

How long you had yours for, jay? Is the original fat model or the slim version?

Mine was also a fat 60 gb and crashed on October... Had to buy a new slim. It has the stink of planned obsolescence all over it...

Think you looking £250 minimum lad, most bundles around are the 320Gb machine now with a couple of games, sometimes 3. Game and a few other retailers had been getting rid of the Modnation Racer bundle machines there recently at around £150, but think they went incredibly quickly once word got out, worth asking around though.

Worst time of the year for bundles, because stock is always limited after the Christmas rush, so retailer bundles arent normally as good as the ones a few weeks ago.

HMV have a 160Gb for 220 quid.

Last edited:
Can you try starting a demo then ps3 button to quit and see if the disk shows then? Mine has been doing that for months but seems ok once you quit the demo and start the game. DVDs and CDs show on the LMB straight away though.

Can you try starting a demo then ps3 button to quit and see if the disk shows then? Mine has been doing that for months but seems ok once you quit the demo and start the game. DVDs and CDs show on the LMB straight away though.

No mate nothing works, the drive does nothing at all it's dead.

AVForums constantly has consoles going, take a peek Jay.

Anyway - finished Uncharted and Heavy Rain.... thinking that U2 had some of the best graphics I had seen, until I popped in God of War 3. Absolutely stunning graphics and visuals... I'm currently hooked on it and am stuck with Hades.

I really think the PS3 exclusives (except GT5 and Heavy Rain) have some of the best graphics I have seen in next gen. Other games with top graphics I can think of are GTAIV, RDR, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space and Riddick - but imo they don't top Uncharted or GOW3.

Last edited:
AVForums constantly has consoles going, take a peek Jay.

Anyway - finished Uncharted and Heavy Rain.... thinking that U2 had some of the best graphics I had seen, until I popped in God of War 3. Absolutely stunning graphics and visuals... I'm currently hooked on it and am stuck with Hades.

I really think the PS3 exclusives (except GT5 and Heavy Rain) have some of the best graphics I have seen in next gen. Other games with top graphics I can think of are GTAIV, RDR, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space and Riddick - but imo they don't top Uncharted or GOW3.

PS3 exclusives really worth the console, they are way better than the 360 exclusives, no doubt about it, and i´m not talking only about the graphics, it´s about the variety too! The only franchise that was better in 360 was the Mass Effect that now is on PS3 too, and the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 is the best becouse it´s already using ME3 engine.

Back
Top Bottom