Sony PlayStation 3

If that happened it won't really solve anything. The system is pretty exposed to hackers and they can do whatever they want with it. They'll eventually end up editing something in the PS3 system to allow region locked games to be played. This will only make it harder on legit users, which isn't fair at all imo.

The region lock is in the param.sfo file, it's simply a case of ticking a box to make it play in Europe as well.

Wouldn't stop hackers in any way at all.

Really? I was under the impression that devs could region-lock their games at any point but they've chosen not to. And that's since the PS3 first came out.

Not sure I'd believe that story to be honest.

Exactly. All they have to do to make the game appear region locked is edit an .SFO file. Im sure one of those twats with the jailbreak and software has done this just to kick start a frenzy.

Take a look at the PSP. That got hacked to pieces but Sony didn't start region locking games all of a sudden. It just doesn't add up and that site PS3hax has always been very suspect.

I really doubt this is going to happen. Sony wont start region locking games. Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

Sony will take PlayStation Network down this evening from 4pm UK time to half-past midnight - a entire evening's worth.

You can play online during that time if you log-in before 4pm, a post on the European PlayStation blog explained. Trophies can be earned while gaming offline as usual, and they'll update when PSN comes back online.

You won't, however, have access to the PlayStation Store on PC, PS3 and PSP, nor PlayStation Network Account Management and Registration.

Sony cites "maintenance" as the reason for the outage.

How is Plus going for members? Do you know much in advance what games and discounts you will be getting? Or is it still very much lucky dip.

I bought a three month subscription when it launched and the best I got out of it was getting the PES demo a week early. All the stuff I would have been interested in, I already own.

They announce upcoming stuff in advance on the blog.

I've got a 3 months subscription as well, and I found some interesting offerts in prices of games. I got the Lara Croft game and some DLCs quite cheaper actually. I don't think it's THAT worth it, really, so I doubt I will renew the subscription.

I've got a 3 months subscription as well, and I found some interesting offerts in prices of games. I got the Lara Croft game and some DLCs quite cheaper actually. I don't think it's THAT worth it, really, so I doubt I will renew the subscription.

That's my problem with PSN+. Paying for a service in order to get things cheaper.

tried ordering something for my ps from shopto as i did before, now getting this error:

You must verify your details (on PayPal) before you can use PayPal on ShopTo.Net

any idea about this? my CC is confirmed on paypal and so is my personal data

fuck this tried like 6 different times and updated all my data at shopto. can't get it to work. damn it.

tried ordering something for my ps from shopto as i did before, now getting this error:

You must verify your details (on PayPal) before you can use PayPal on ShopTo.Net

any idea about this? my CC is confirmed on paypal and so is my personal data

I got that when ordering Black Ops but took the payment off my card rather than my bank account. Will search got alternative sources of funding.

rocksmall3.JPG

Dead Nation is out this Wednesday on the PlayStation Store for £9.99. PlayStation Plus members get 20% off. The game features online co-op and has full trophy support including a Platinum.

SNK announces NeoGeo Station for the PlayStation Store:

Gamers who treasured cult Nineties console the NeoGeo are in for a blast from the past after SNK announced plans to release updated versions of its classic games on PlayStation 3.

On 22nd December SNK Playmore will launch the NeoGeo Station on the PlayStation Network to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the console. An official EU website for the service is now live.

It is designed to be a continuously growing library of classic NeoGeo games - €8.99 per title for PS3 and €6.99 per title for PSP. UK specific prices were not revealed – we're checking now.

10 PS3 games and three PSP games will be available at launch. Fatal Fury, Metal Slug and The King of Fighters '94 will all be released as PS3 and PSP titles. In 2011 SNK will release the PSP versions of the remaining games as well as others.

They'll be updated with versus and/or co-operative play. Online play will be possible over PSN and through Ad-Hoc Mode for PSP versions.

The complete list:

Fatal Fury
Alpha Mission II
The King of Fighters '94
Samurai Shodown
Baseball Stars Professional
Magician Lord
Metal Slug
League Bowling
Super Sidekicks
Art of Fighting

Official Site: http://neogeostation.snkplaymoreusa.com/eu/index.php