Sony PlayStation 3

That is awesome news!

The extra reading sounds good too.

Concerning the SYSTEM SAVE
Set up all settings of your game and save!

Many settings such as the data concerning the SETTINGS in the MAIN MENU or in the PAUSE MENU, the configuration of the buttons and the screen size, volume settings and skipping the menu at the start can be saved via the SYSTEM SAVE. Go to SETTINGS in the MAIN MENU before starting a game or press the SELECT button during gameplay to display the PAUSE MENU and choose SETTINGS.
Once you have finished all your modifications in SETTINGS, do a SYSTEM SAVE in SAVE DATA.
STATE SAVE
Save your progression at any time during gameplay!

To perform a STATE SAVE, press SELECT during a gameplay to display the PAUSE MENU, select and confirm on SAVE to save your progression. Choose LOAD in the PAUSE MENU after have started a game to restart from the place you saved before.
NEOGEO MEMORY CARD
The original NEOGEO MEMORY CARD is faithfully recreated!

A backup system of the original NEOGEO MEMORY CARD is faithfully recreated on NEOGEO Station..
First, select SETTINGS in the Main Menu of a NEOGEO game and go to the SETTINGS MENU.
Then, select SAVE DATA and set the NEOGEO MEMORY CARD option to ON in order to enjoy your NEOGEO games just as a NEOGEO ROM system with a MEMORY CARD inserted would let you do. You will be able to save and load your game progression, unlock hidden characters or perform cheats as well as it was possible on the original NEOGEO ROM system equipped of a NEOGEO MEMORY CARD. Furthermore, the information saved in the NEOGEO MEMORY CARD is saved as System Save data.
What's a “NEOGEO MEMORY CARD”?

A NEOGEO MEMORY CARD was necessary to save and load game data on the NEOGEO ROM system.
Also, originally the MVS cabinets in the arcades featured a MEMORY CARD port to allow people to share their game data for the same title in both arcades and at home.
NETWORK MODE(PS3®/PSP® system)
Enjoy the NEOGEO games with the Online Play! <Only available on PS3™>

With the PlayStation®Network, you can play online at all titles available on NEOGEO Station for PS3™. Depending on the title, you can do VERSUS PLAY and COOPERATIVE PLAY and choose various NETWORK MODE options described below:

1. QUICK MATCH: Search for random adversaries and/or cooperative partners without setting up search conditions.
2. MATCH SEARCH: Set up search conditions to find adversaries and/or cooperative partners fit to your preferences.
3. CREATE MATCH: Set up the conditions of search and wait for the participation of adversaries and/or cooperative partners.Also, it is possible to send an Invitation Message to registered Friends for Online Play.
4. CHECK INVITE: Check Invitation Messages from other players. When a message arrives, you can participate to the session created by the sender of the Invitation.
5. NETWORK SETTING: All types of settings concerning Voice Chat can be done here.

Play together on PSP® system via the Ad Hoc Mode! <Only available on PSP® system>

You can play NEOGEO Station games for PSP® system together with other players by using the Wireless LAN (Ad Hoc Mode). Depending on the title, you can enjoy VERSUS MODE and/or COOPERATIVE MODE. Also, please note that ONLINE PLAY via the Internet is not possible in the case of using NETWORK MODE on PSP® system.
FRIEND INVITE function.
You can directly invite a friend during game! <Only available on PS3™>

If you use the FRIEND INVITE function in the case of ONLINE PLAY in NETWORK MODE for PS3™ NEOGEO Station games, you can invite players who have completed their friend request to enjoy smooth VERSUS PLAY and/or COOPERATIVE PLAY!
After you have selected “CREATE MATCH” in NETWORK MODE, select “INVITE FRIEND” and choose between “Select from Friends”, “Enter Online ID” and “Select from Chat Rooms”.
Furthermore, there are two methods of waiting for another player. You can choose between “Wait as it is” and “Wait while playing”.
SOUND PLAYER Mode
Listen to your favorite BGM whenever!

You can listen to all background music (BGM) used in a game whenever, just by searching them in the SOUND PLAYER MODE included in the INFORMATION MENU of NEOGEO Station. The data of all types of BGM played in the SOUND PLAYER MODE are copied and played in the NEOGEO Station COMMON SAVE DATA FILE at the first use of a downloaded NEOGEO Station game. Therefore, except the necessity to install the games once, you can play all BGM of all the games you have downloaded in once. It means that you can even the BGM of Samurai Shodown in the SOUND PLAYER MODE of FATAL FURY.
REPLAY MODE
Save and replay your game play!

On NEOGEO Station, you can save and replay your game play at any time. The content of the game play is saved as 1 file for 1 replay with a maximum of 8 files for each title.

PROCEDURE TO AVOID ORIGINAL BUGS
If the game locks up or freezes…

“I want to play a NEOGEO Station game exactly as its original version”. NEOGEO Station has not corrected any bug present in the original versions of the NEOGEO games, don’t worry. If a bug that locks up the game occurs, you can return to the game easily just by doing a reset with the RESET function in the PAUSE MENU.
IN-GAME MANUAL
When you don’t understand, open the electronic manual!

NEOGEO Station uses an IN GAME MANUAL. Select MANUAL, from INFORMATION MENU if it’s before the beginning of a game play or from PAUSE MENU if you are playing, to display an electronic manual on the screen in order to read and verify all types of information concerning the game.
Moreover, you can verify at any time the COMMAND LIST in the case of fighting games.

Last edited:
Cant wait for them. There were so many great games on the NeoGeo. Sadly I couldn't afford the ridiculous price of it back in the day.

Yeah. Im loving it at the moment but I haven't had much of a chance to play it since im busy with Assassins Creed Brotherhood currently.

Bought it, played it and finished it. Gameplay is quite good and addictive, though the main problem is that the whole game looks samey. You can't tell much difference from one mission to another.

Technically is a very polished game and it can be quite a challenge in high difficulty levels, and playing coop is just great. It just that the game is the same from start to finish, don't expect anything else. I liked it for what it is.

British PlayStation 3 users are to be granted on-demand viewing of both ITV and Channel 4 this week, The Guardian reports.

The new services will arrive in the form of the The ITV Player and Channel 4’s 4oD system.

The moves follows the inclusion of the BBC iPlayer on PS3 earlier this year.

Sony estimates that there are about 4 million PS3s in the UK, and that about 80% of owners are connected to PSN.

Alan Duncan, the marketing director for PlayStation in Britain, said ITV and Channel 4 could expect an incremental increase in traffic of about 10 percent from users watching shows via PlayStation hardware.

Sarah Rose, director of commercial business development at Channel 4, said the time was right to partner with a console-maker.

“They are much bigger now and moving into the entertainment space, plus it sits well with our 16 to 34-year-old audience strengths,” Rose said.

She played down concerns that the PS3 deal might cannibalise traffic from 4oD, which is already available on Channel4.com.

“Are we taking youth away from our own platform? I don’t think we are. The audience are moving around and so are we.”

On the PlayStation Store this week you'll find discount after discount after discount, all in the name of Christmas. This will run from 22nd December to the 5th January..

The full list of discounts is below, courtesy of the European PlayStation blog.

* Alien Breed: Impact (was £14.99/€11.99 now £8.99/€7.19)
* Blue Toad Murder Files: Episodes 1-6 (was £17.49/€21.99 now £9.99/€12.99)
* Bomberman Ultra (was £7.99/€9.99 now £3.99/€4.99)
* Burn Zombie Burn! (was £6.29/€7.99 now £3.19/€3.99)
* Burn Zombie Burn...In Space! (was £2.39/€2.99 now £1.19/€1.49)
* Ferrari: The Race Experience (was £2.39/€2.99 now £1.19/€1.49)
* Flight Control HD (was £3.99/€4.99 now £3.19/€3.99)
* Gottlieb Pinball Classics (PSP) (was £8.79/€10.99 now £3.99/€4.99)
* Joe Danger (was £9.99/€12.99 now £4.99/€6.19)
* Lead and Gold: Gangs of the West (was £11.99/€14.99 now £6.29/€7.99)
* Tales of Monkey Island: Complete Season (was £13.99/€17.99 now £7.19/€8.99)
* Worms 2: Armageddon (was £11.99/€14.99 now £6.29/€7.99)

Festive minis Offers

* Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter (was £3.49/€3.99 now £1.74/€1.99)
* Rocks n' Rockets (was £3.99/€4.99 now £1.74/€1.99)
* Freekscape: Escape from Hell (was £3.99/€4.99 now £1.74/€1.99)
* Arctic Adventures: Polar's Puzzles (was £3.49/€3.99 now £1.74/€1.99)
* Vibes (was £3.99/€4.99 now £1.74/€1.99)
* Stellar Attack (was £3.49/€3.99 now £1.74/€1.99)

Festive Offers from Disney

* Toy Story 3 (PSP) (was £27.99/€34.99 now £15.99/€19.99)
* Alien Escapades Add-on (PSP) (was £1.59/€1.99 now £0.79/€0.99)
* Buzz's Adventures Add-on (PSP) (was £1.59/€1.99 now £0.79/€0.99)
* Woody's Round Up Add-on (PSP) (was £1.59/€1.99 now £0.79/€0.99)
* The Nightmare Before Christmas Premium Theme (was £1.19/€1.49 now £0.59/€0.75)
* Lilo and Stitch: Trouble in Paradise (PSone)

Festive Offers from EA

* DeathSpank (was £9.99/€12.99 now £6.29/€7.99)
* DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue (was £9.99/€12.99 now £6.29/€7.99)
* Need for Speed: Shift (PSP) (was £15.99/€19.99 now £9.99/€12.99)
* Dante's Inferno (PSP) (was £31.99/€39.99 now £15.99/€19.99)
* Theme Park (PSone) (was £3.99/€4.99 now £2.39/€2.99)
* Theme Hospital (PSone) (was £3.99/€4.99 now £2.39/€2.99)

Festive Offers from Namco Bandai

* Deadstorm Pirates (was £15.99/€19.99 now £11.99/€14.99)
* Pac-Man Championship Edition DX (was £7.99/€9.99 now £5.49/€6.99)
* Me and My Katamari (PSP) (was £15.99/€19.99 now £7.99/€9.99)
* Ridge Racer (PSP) (was £15.99/€19.99 now £7.99/€9.99)
* Soul Caliber: Broken Destiny (PSP) (was £23.99/€29.99 now £11.99/€14.99)
* Tekken 6 (PSP) (was £31.99/€39.99 now £15.99/€19.99)

Festive Offers from SCEE

* Fat Princess (was £7.99/€9.99 now £3.99/€4.99)
* PixelJunk Shooter (was £6.29/€7.99 now £3.19/€3.99)
* LBP Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit (was £4.79/€5.99 now £2.39/€2.99)
* LBP Pirates of the Caribbean Costume Kit (was £4.79/€5.99 now £2.39/€2.99)
* echoshift (PSP) (was £14.99/€19.99 now £7.99/€9.99)
* Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake (PSP) (was £19.99/€29.99 now £11.99/€14.99)
* Gravity Crash (PSP) (was £6.29/€7.99 now £3.19/€3.99)

Festive Offers from SEGA

* Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One (was £9.99/€12.99 now £5.49/€6.99)
* Sonic Adventure (was £6.29/€7.99 now £3.19/€3.99)
* Sonic Adventure DX Add-on Pack (was £3.19/€3.99 now £1.19/€1.49)
* After Burner: Climax (was £7.99/€9.99 now £3.99/€4.99)
* Valkyria Chronicles 2 (PSP) (was £27.99/€34.99 now £13.99/€17.99)
* Phantasy Star Portable 2 (PSP) (was £19.99/€34.99 now £13.99/€17.99)

Festive Offers from Square-Enix

* Space Invaders: Infinity Gene (was £7.99/€9.99 now £5.49/€6.99)
* Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (was £9.99/€12.99 now £7.19/€8.99)
* Tomb Raider: Underworld (was £16.99/€20.99 now £8.79/€10.99)
* Tomb Raider Anniversary (PSP) (was £11.99/€14.99 now £6.29/€7.99)
* Tomb Raider: Legend (PSP) (was £11.99/€14.99 now £6.29/€7.99)
* Tomb Raider (PSone) (was £7.99/€9.99 now £3.99/€4.99)

Festive Offers from Ubisoft

* Prince of Persia Classic + Cell Factor Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)
* Scott Pilgrim + Turtles in Time Reshelled + Voodoo Dice Bundle (£11.99/€14.99)
* Asphalt: Urban GT 2 (PSP) (was £11.99/€14.99 now £7.99/€9.99)
* Driver '76 (PSP) (was £15.99/€19.99 now £7.99/€9.99)
* Street Rider (PSP) (was £15.99/€19.99 now £7.99/€9.99)

Anyone else having problems playing the age restricted progs on 4oD?
Every time I click on accept and play it goes back to the main page

Yeah their out now. Picked up League Bowling. Just how I remembered it, playing it at the arcades many years ago.
Didn't manage to try the online but it did have offline multiplayer which worked fine. Will pick up Metal Slug and maybe a few others in a couple of weeks.

Is that Karen O BillyBoy?

Anyway, I'm going to pick up a PS3 as soon as I'm back in the UK, so i'd like to start preparing some stuff. Firstly, is there a way I can stream HD MKV files without converting anything? I watch at least 3 of these a day. Secondly, I'm on a Mac.

Next question - I think I'll be buying 1 or 2 games a month at most, so what sized PS3 should I get? I want minimal effort with hard drives in the future - all i'd be using it for is for installing games to my hard drive and downloading arcade games from the marketplace thingy.

Thanks!!!!!

Yeah it is. From one of my favourite bands ever (Yeah Yeah Yeahs) and she is damn fine looking too! :LOVE:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that Karen O BillyBoy?

Anyway, I'm going to pick up a PS3 as soon as I'm back in the UK, so i'd like to start preparing some stuff. Firstly, is there a way I can stream HD MKV files without converting anything? I watch at least 3 of these a day. Secondly, I'm on a Mac.

Next question - I think I'll be buying 1 or 2 games a month at most, so what sized PS3 should I get? I want minimal effort with hard drives in the future - all i'd be using it for is for installing games to my hard drive and downloading arcade games from the marketplace thingy.

Thanks!!!!!

You can get PS3MediaServer (http://community.us.playstation.com/message/2417067) to stream your files over to your PS3 wirelessly. BUT some files don't look that great streamed and sometimes it has issues with DTS. You're probably better getting a box like Popcorn Hour, WDTV Live or for a cheap option an Eaget X5 like I have (http://www.futeko.com/products/MP00021.php). Far easier solutions to get your mkvs playing on full 1080p with subtitle support than streaming to your PS3.

You can get any PS3 and upgrade the hard drive yourself, it's a matter of just unscrewing a flap pulling the hardrive cage out and replacing the drive with a similar SATA drive. BUT if you don't want any faffing about the 250GB will last you a while as Billy says.

Last edited:
I'd certainly give PS3 Media Server a go - it's been fine for my needs. It does rely on a decent spec host machine as I had problems when I tried running it on my NAS and it had to transcode MKVs but it's been good running from the laptop.

Thanks guys. I think I'll go for a 250gb. My host machine is a Macbook Pro 2.53ghz with 4gb ram that currently plays 1080p MKVs on an HDTV smoothly, so I assume it would be smooth enough for the PS3 media server thingy.

Billy - When I saw the YYY last year at Brixton, I was in love for an hour and a half. Well worth £30 for the gig.

My blew out some months ago. I had to buy a new one... First of all make sure if it's the BRay or the mainborad. The 1st case could be fixed cheaper, but still... Watch out, you may loose a lot of daa if you have to buy a new one...

About PS3 MEDIA SERVER, I use it and have no problems with it, I can play any format and works wonderfully, much better than an external MEDIA HD.

Last edited:
Well that was interesting, with nothing to lose I watched a YouTube video on how to repair it (taking it to bits and using an heat gun to warm CPU and GPU chips) and it works again! just dreading the day it dies again and maybe lose all my stuff. Is there no way of backing up saved games and stuff ?

Cheers

Yeah only Mass Effect 2. Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft Game Studios so it remains an exclusive. I think ME2 comes with an interactive comic that tells the plot of the previous game.

Managed to pick up Killzone 2 for £5, Uncharted 2 for £10 and Heavy Rain for £10. I'll buy the GT5 PS3, and when I've finished those games, I'll pick up GOW3.

Very good prices, Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain are two of my all-time favourite games.

Back
Top Bottom