Sony PlayStation 3

You mean how do you protect your bank stuff?

If yes - First delete your bank card details then you change your password, then you share it, they download the item from your download history then tell you they're done - you then change your password back. As long as they don't delete or deactivate your username from their PS3 they can play your content.

During E3 2010, Digital Foundry had the chance to sit down and talk in-depth with Dr Richard Marks, one of the creative minds behind EyeToy and the new PlayStation Move. It was a great opportunity to learn more about Move and the creation process behind the project, and the conversation left us hugely enthused about the potential of the new controller.

This week Marks was in the UK to talk in more depth about PlayStation Move and to showcase some of the superb technical demos his team has created. These demonstrations are used by Sony itself to give game-makers some idea of the sheer diversity and flexibility of the new controller - and it's fair to say that the scale and scope of what we saw here far eclipses anything we have seen in any of the launch titles.

Thanks to a superb assist from Eurogamer TV, we're able to bring you Richard Marks' entire presentation, complete with direct feed video of the demos in action. Put simply, this is brilliant stuff.

Video and much more:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-future-of-playstation-move-article

Does look absolutely amazing - it will extend this gen for a long while with what it can do.

I've not see a lot of Kinnect, but I'd be surprised if its as immersive and tactile as that? And by that I mean, it actually feel its better to hold a controller for playing games -

i.e. golf, its nicer to hold a controller to swing and for FPS (if they do a gun holster type add-on). Without those on Kinnect, I think it will feel a bit childish and a bit 'lets pretend I'm holding a gun... pow! pow!'.

I got Tiger Woods 11 over the weekend - not brilliant, but is already enabled for Move with the splash screens like the Wii at the start in regards to the strap and having room to swing etc.

The games that they can make with this are going to be incredible (hopefully!) - the tech demos already hint at lots of ideas that can be integrated into games and I wonder if they could push the PS3 as a business presentation tool now ala Minority Report? Cannot see why not, hook up a bluetooth keyboard, VGA out and you can do some pretty fancy stuff...

Truly impressive. Best tech demos I've seen in a while. If the y do a great implementation of great ideas, then the result will be amazing. Let's wait the games...

PS: I would play the Chameleon game if it ever sees the light.

I like the robot arm thing, I think that could make for an awesome spy game where you could be disarming a bomb. And the part where he makes squares in mid air and then bends them... that could be awesome if you say opened up a fan in your hands and then used that to waft something back at your enemy in a game. Oh and of course the RTS part. RTS's have never really worked well on consoles but that point and drag style thing with the zooming camera could be great.

Move looks really really good. Much better than I have seen from Kinect so far.

I really hope games embrace this technology, the potential is huge IMO.

Not really I want to sit down and play a game.

Will you stop going on about sitting down and playing a game you geriatric.

This is the future it needs to be embraced :)) If it was up to you, we would still be playing that game with a wooden board with pins in it and getting the silver ball in the hole (not your silver balls).

not sure if this is an actual glitch on the PDSN but my brother went to buy that manager game that is on the store today and it glitched and gave him error codes every time he tried. But then he noticed it on his download history tab and has since downloaded it through that and not had any money taken off his wallet amount.

Will you stop going on about sitting down and playing a game you geriatric.

This is the future it needs to be embraced :)) If it was up to you, we would still be playing that game with a wooden board with pins in it and getting the silver ball in the hole (not your silver balls).

The only thing i want to embrace is my sofa and a pad. i couldn't care less about all this moving around.

I'm planning on buying move and sitting down to play it still. That's how I always used the Wii and I never had any trouble. I think the only games you need to stand to play are the party style games like bowling, baseball, golf etc but that adds to the fun I think.

I pre-ordered the PlayStation Move starter pack along with a navigation controller from ShopTo.

Here’s what will be available to Plus members from Aug 4th – Aug 31st
PSN: Zen Pinball
minis: Blast-Off
Alien Zombie Death
PSOne Classic: Medievil
Full Game Trial: Infamous
Mushroom Wars
Exclusive Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defense Table – 20%
Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%
GT Club PS3/PSN – 50%
WipeOut HD Fury – 20%
DLC: MotorStorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack
Automatic download demo: Pixel Junk Shooter
Mafia 2
Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Plus Theme
Exclusive ‘Clock’ Theme
Premium avatars: Heavy Rain characters x 2

And here is what you can expect to see from the 1st Sept – 30th Sept
PSN: Sam and Max: Devil’s Playground (entire season)
minis: Vector Tower Defense
Echoes
PSOne Classic: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Full Game Trial: Warhawk (with exclusive 50% discount for Plus members on purchase)
Inferno Pool
Exclusive Discounts: LBP: Ico and Shadow of Colossus costume pack – 50%
Metal Gear Solid (PSOne) – 50%
Warhawk – 20%
Pixel Junk Shooter – 20%
DLC: Exclusive UFC Undisputed 2010 DLC
Dynamic themes: Exclusive PlayStation Move theme
Exclusive ‘Fish Tank’ theme
Premium avatars: Eye Pet Blue Goalie Avatar
Eye Pet DJ Avatar

We’ve listened to your feedback on here so, rest assured, this is not all that will be available each month; look out for some more exclusive, surprise treats coming to Plus in August and September.

Hopefully there is plenty there to entertain you!

In this content list and the months to come, we will be using the suggestions of game content you gave use recently on here, and trying to include the most requested games wherever we can. We’ve already acted on some of your suggestions and have put fan favourites Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee and Sam and Max: The Devil’s Playground (the entire season) into the games you get.

As always, please feel free to tell me if there is anything in particular you would like to see in the Plus content list.

Enjoy all this and keep an eye out for some extra exclusive treats during the month!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/03/playstation-plus-content-for-august-and-september/

Thanks Rad. Not bad. I thought we were going to get full game trials on new games though, don't get the old game full trial stuff.

Gamescom updates.

- LBP2 has a proper music editor.
- 160GB and 320GB (PS Move included) PS3's incoming.
- ITV Player on the way (other countries will get catch services too).
- GT5 is out on Nov 3rd.
- Mass Effect 2 is out in January.
- New Play TV.
- MAG, Echochrome 2, RUSE, Virtua Tennis 4 (3D) PS Move compatible
- New Ratchet and Clank :COOL:
- Resistance 3 - Fall 2011.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. [It's a four-player online and same screen drop-in, drop-out co-op game coming to PS3 in Fall 2011, according to Insomniac's Twitter -Ed]

Eurogamer

Killzone 3 Multiplayer trailer

There are "a few more we've yet to share" for this year, apparently, but for now that's it.

Last edited:
‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update (18th August 2010)

Good Afternoon everyone, I hope you’re all well and full of the joys of Summer. Mike has jetted off to Cologne with the Gamescom crew to round up a new herd of PSN games for the coming months, which leaves it to me to bring you the latest goodies.

A quiet week this week since everyone who’s anyone is at the big GC, but we’ve got a few nice bits and pieces for you to tide you over into September. We have brand new demos of EA’s NHL 11 and Ubisoft’s H.A.W.X.2 for the PS3 crowd, along with a host of new add-ons for some great games.

As Richard already told you last week, Uncharted 2 gets a new skin pack, adding some more multiplayer characters for you to choose from (and don’t forget the dynamic theme). We’ve got two new characters for you to launch from your PAIN-a-pults, including Sergeant Jay and Jolly the Elf, (we figured August was the ideal time to give you a Christmas themed character). The final set of Marvel costumes releases this week as well, including Hulk, who I’ve heard is fond of smashing.

Six new PSP Essentials join the others on the Store, including a brand new digital release of Open Season, plus the latest LittleBigPlanet kits.

The real stars of the show this week are the oodles of Gamescom trailers we’ve got for you in glorious high-definition. All the big hitters are present and correct, with new trailers for KillZone 3, Motorstorm: Apocalypse, inFamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2, but don’t forget to check out the PlayStation Move line up too – you’ve not got long left to save your pennies and hopefully these trailers will help you choose which titles to grab come launch day. May I suggest Sports Champions? Disc Golf is an office favourite.

That’s all for now, your comments are appreciated as ever and I’ll be here this afternoon to field them. Until next time, adios!

PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

Special Offers

(Available until the 1st of September)

* Landit Bandit (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
* Heavy Weapon™(was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
* Zuma (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
* Crash Commando (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
* Crash Commando Combo Pack (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
* Valhalla Knights (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
* Valhalla Knights 2 (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £9.99/€12.99)
* International Athletics (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
* Generation of Chaos (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
* Breakquest (was – £2.49/€2.99 now – £1.74/€1.99)
* Let’s Golf! (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £0.99/€1.19)

PSP Essentials (Not currently available in Australia or New Zealand)

* Open Season (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 3
* Sonic Rivals (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 3
* Sonic Rivals 2 (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 7
* SEGA Rally Essentials (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 3
* Super Monkey Ball Adventure (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 3
* SEGA Mega Drive Collection (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 12

minis (PS3/PSP)

* Fish Tank (£3.49/€3.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: Not available in Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Switzerland
Demos (PS3)

* NHL 11 Rating: PEGI 16 (USK 12)

Availability: All locales

* Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Germany
Add-On Game Content (PS3)

* Skate 3 – Skate.Create Upgrade Pack (£5.10/€6.49) Rating: PEGI 12

* ModNation Racers – Mouse Trap Pack (£2.39/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 7

* LittleBigPlanet
o Marvel Costume Kit 4 (£4.79/€5.99) (contains the following costumes which are also available separately)
o Hulk Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
o Punisher Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
o Green Goblin Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
o Magneto Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
o Storm Costume (£1.59/€1.99)

Rating: PEGI 7

* PAIN
o Jolly Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
o Sergeant Jay Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

Rating: PEGI 16

* Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Sidekick Skins Pack (£2.39/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 16

* Rock Band
o Neon Trees Pack 01 (£2.49/€3.99) (contains the following tracks which are also available separately)
o ‘1983’ (£0.99/€1.49)
o ‘Animal’ (£0.99/€1.49)
o ‘Sins of my Youth’ (£0.99/€1.49)
o The Black Keys Pack 01 (£2.49/€3.99) (contains the following tracks which are also available separately)
o ‘I Got Mine’ (£0.99/€1.49)
o ‘Strange Times’ (£0.99/€1.49)
o ‘Your Touch’ (£0.99/€1.49)

Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

* Rock Band Network
o ’Blow at High Dough’ by The Tragically Hip (£0.99/€1.49)
o ‘Hook, Line and Sinner’ by Texas (£0.59/€0.79)
o ‘Let the Games Begin’ by Anarbor (£0.99/€1.49)
o ‘Mandelbrot Set’ by Jonathan Coulton (£0.99/€1.49)
o ‘Unfurling a Darkened Gospel’ by Job for a Cowboy (£0.59/€0.79)

Availability: Not available in Czech Republic, Greece, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and UAE

* Guitar Hero 5
o Weezer Track Pack (£4.39/€5.49) (contains the following tracks which are also available separately)
o ‘Beverly Hills’ (£1.59/€1.99)
o ‘Island in the Sun’ (£1.59/€1.99)
o ‘Pork and Beans’ (£1.59/€1.99)

Availability: Not available in Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates
Add-On Game Content (PSP)

* LittleBigPlanet
o Wild West Costume (free)
o Wild West Level Kit (£2.39/€2.99)

Rating: PEGI 7

Videos (PS3)

* Brink Developer Diary #2
* Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days You Think You Can Kill Me Trailer
* Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.® 2 Trailer
* Vanquish Gameplay Trailer 2
* Metal Gear Solid: Rising GC2010 Trailer ‘Zan Datsu’

GamesCom 2010 Trailers (PS3)

* Hustle Kings
* EyePet: Move Edition
* KillZone 3
* TV Superstars Trailer
* The Shoot
* The Fight
* Start the Party
* Sorcery
* SingStar Dance
* SingStar Guitar
* Ratchet + Clank
* Mubi
* Motorstorm 3: Apocalypse
* LittleBigPlanet 2 Move
* Infamous 2
* Heroes on the Move
* Dead Nation
* Buzz! The Ultimate Music Quiz
* Kung Fu Rider Trailer
* Eat Them
* Beat Sketcher
* Echochrome II
* PixelJunk Shooter 2
* No Heroes Allowed
* Sports Champions
* Sly Trilogy
* DC Universe
* PlayStation Move
* Heavy Rain Move Edition
* Time Crisis
* Tumble

GamesCom 2010 Trailers (PSP)

* EyePet PSP
* Patapon 3
* No Heroes Allowed
* Jungle Party
* InviZimals: Shadow Zone
* God of War: Ghost of Sparta
* Digital Comics Trailer

Wallpapers (PS3)

* Fat Princess: Fat Roles Ninja Pirate Wallpaper (free)

Dynamic Themes (PS3)

* Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Themes (PS3)

* Disruptive Themes Purple Haze Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* Disruptive Themes Road to China Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* Disruptive Themes Voodoo Crucifixion (£1.19/€1.49)

* Savage Moon
o Silver Logo (£0.20/€0.25)
o Insectocyde Logo (£0.20/€0.25)
o Soldier Bug Logo (£0.20/€0.25)
o Savage Moon Logo (£0.20/€0.25)

FirstPlay (PS3)

* FirstPlay Episode 020 (£0.99/€1.20)

Availability: Ireland and UK only

===============

There is also a demo of Joe Danger out on the USA Store if anyone wants that. No idea why the EU store didn't get it.

=

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom